Sword art online episode 25 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 12-22-2012, 09:16 PM   #1
SirBenoit
Sennin

SirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud of
Sword art online episode 25

http://www.animedreaming.tv/sword-ar...mirror-164225/

anyone watching this series?

Last edited by SirBenoit; 12-22-2012 at 09:17 PM.
SirBenoit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SirBenoit For This Useful Post:
Buck09 (12-22-2012), Senkradlol (12-23-2012)

Old 12-22-2012, 09:45 PM   #2
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Sword art online episode 25

Nope, I've heard a little about it though so if you recommend it I'll check it out.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #3
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

I recommend reading the short novel

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kluang For This Useful Post:
Mal (12-24-2012)
Old 12-22-2012, 10:50 PM   #4
SirBenoit
Sennin

SirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud of

looks like it maybe over, its different from the norm

SirBenoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:08 PM   #5
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

Sword Art Online is mediocre at best. It's got a cool concept & all by completely ripping off .Hack but falls into obscurity after the first few episodes. The so called two villains in this are horribly done & completely predictable. The anime from what I heard also shorten the story by combining two novels into one anime season(makes sense seeing at how poorly executed this was). The only thing saving this from an ultimate fail are the semi decent fights. However not even decent fights is enough to save this series from the shitty villains, unnecessary romance, lack of character development, fail fairies(really now I mean really), & sister incest.

I would not recommend this series unless you've got nothing better to do. Watch Fate/Zero or JoJo's instead.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed

Last edited by Vengeance; 12-22-2012 at 11:16 PM.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:09 PM   #6
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Buck09 is on a distinguished road

I have watched this series and must say I loved it.

I read a little of the manga first, to be honest it was ok but the anime went in a different direction but made it work, adding some new characters etc.

The series so far has covered two arcs in the manga, there is apparently another two arcs but I cant seem to find a place to read the manga so if anyone could help me out would be appreciated.
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Kamina: Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

(All quotes from one of my favourite Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Buck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:31 PM   #7
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

@Buck09 search for Gun Gale Online. I think that's the one after Sword Art Online & Alfheim Online which is what the anime is based on. No idea if its supposed to be listed under SAO or GGO.

Quote:
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed

Last edited by Vengeance; 12-22-2012 at 11:33 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vengeance For This Useful Post:
Mal (12-24-2012)
Old 12-23-2012, 03:08 AM   #8
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...ord_Art_Online

the light novel

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:14 AM   #9
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck09 View Post
I have watched this series and must say I loved it.
I honestly don't know how I sat through the whole thing. I marathoned this shit just because I had nothing better to do since someone recommended it. My first impression of it was ok a ripoff of .Hack lets see where this goes. The introduction to the main villain & plot of the story made zero sense. Plot holes were present with just the first few episodes most of which were never really addressed correctly in the series.

OH HEY LOOK THERE'S A "SPOILER" TAG THING -MAL

1. How is it that no one on the outside world could figure out how to remove the VR head gear thing after two years without killing the victim?

Answer: Never answered.

2. What is the creators motivation for doing this?

Answer: Because he wanted to be both the hero & villain in his own VR game world (huu?).

3. Main character dude has some skill was he really just a beta tester or was he something more like say a programer or hacker?

Answer: He's a "Beater" or a "Cheating Beta-tester*. Explanation on why he's better than any other Beta-Tester is never given(lame).

4. What ever happened to the manipulative n00b that ran his mouth on the first floor dungeon? No seriously did I miss something because last we heard of him he was taking over a clan & that whole issue was never resolved.

5. How is it that hero dude is a low level like everyone else then is magically like level 78 & is the strongest character in the game overnight with no real explanation what so ever?

6. How did hero dude not notice at the time of their first duel that creator dude hacked during their first fight? I mean shit was bloody obvious.

7. WTF is up with the random romance, building a home, & adopting a loli computer code as a daughter? Can we say GAY!

Don't get me started on the Alfheim Online fairy incest part... Please explain to me why you loved this series?

PS: Forgot acouple of things.

8. What happened to all the so called Betatesters/beaters? No really were did they go because they were basically none existent throughout most of the series save for the main hero dude & that dude on floor 1.

9. What about the Player Killer clan? Why was this never fully addressed/explored? Total missed opportunity.

10. Why are the only known hackers in the entire series the game creator and a GM? Seriously it's a story that takes place in a virtual world you telling me none of the players out there hacked/used mods?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vengeance; 12-23-2012 at 05:41 AM.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:57 PM   #10
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Buck09 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
I honestly don't know how I sat through the whole thing. I marathoned this shit just because I had nothing better to do since someone recommended it. My first impression of it was ok a ripoff of .Hack lets see where this goes. The introduction to the main villain & plot of the story made zero sense. Plot holes were present with just the first few episodes most of which were never really addressed correctly in the series.
Well I'm not going to try and defend the series I liked it and you have brought up some good points yes, but I have some answers might not be enough but here goes.

3. In the manga during the next arc Gun Gale, it is actually found that Kirito has a unique brain wave pattern apparently, hence why he can go against some of he game mechanics, e.g. Being able to come back after his fight with Heartcliff and standing up to Oberoen GM status, (( before you say its cause he logged on the higher profile I meant how he defied the Gravity Magic part.

5. I dont know what part your talking about here, SAO or ALF but for ALF is was stated that Kirito status from SAO somehow transferred over giving him all his status before and he was already one of the highest players, although this was a mistake so he had to clear his inventory or he might have been caught out.

9. The Clan of Killers you speak actually do come back in the Gun Gale arc, which about a gun that if it kills someone in game, kills them in life. Wont spoil but Members of that Clan are invovled.

The only thing I think best to mention is that the points I have highlighted are found out in the Manga and not the anime. So yes I can understand why you would have these questions as they arent addressed in the anime, but to my knowledge I was under the impression that this was a one off, didnt plan to go too far.

And as to why I loved this, to be honest I do play mmos so I liked seeing an anime of it, also the hole lovey dovey crap I know its supposed to be the big thing about it but did really care more liked the soundtrack and the fight scenes to be perfectly honest. And I didnt so a sit in and watch them all, watched it once a week so dont know if that was a factor.

On that note the animes you recommeded would you say there like .Hack ? Because I have been meaning to watch that anime soon.
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Kamina: Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

(All quotes from one of my favourite Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Buck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buck09 For This Useful Post:
Vengeance (12-23-2012)
Old 12-23-2012, 04:20 PM   #11
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Quote:
3. In the manga during the next arc Gun Gale, it is actually found that Kirito has a unique brain wave pattern apparently, hence why he can go against some of he game mechanics, e.g. Being able to come back after his fight with Heartcliff and standing up to Oberoen GM status, (( before you say its cause he logged on the higher profile I meant how he defied the Gravity Magic part.
See now that's actually cool. It annoyed me that no explanation was given as to why he's so uber. Since I'm assuming the anime is a one season run(originally) they could have at least hinted at that.

Quote:
5. I dont know what part your talking about here, SAO or ALF but for ALF is was stated that Kirito status from SAO somehow transferred over giving him all his status before and he was already one of the highest players, although this was a mistake so he had to clear his inventory or he might have been caught out.
Talking about in SAO. He went from a level 1 to a level 40(48 forget which?) to a level 78 in the span of a few episodes. He was in the 40s when he joined that small clan that got killed in the secret room. When he fought the first PK clan when he let them attack him constantly he was already level 78 & the strongest character in the game. It just seemed like they skipped some shit & just made him god tier.

Quote:
9. The Clan of Killers you speak actually do come back in the Gun Gale arc, which about a gun that if it kills someone in game, kills them in life. Wont spoil but Members of that Clan are invovled.
See my problem with this is that Laughing Coffin targeted two top tier clans. First when attempting to kill that dragon clan dude & again when they infiltrated the blood knights killing one of its members & almost killing two others. In the environment the series takes place in it seems totally out of place that the blood knights would let these guys run around unchecked. In reality they should have been hunted down at that point but instead Kirito decides to play house(gay).

Quote:
The only thing I think best to mention is that the points I have highlighted are found out in the Manga and not the anime. So yes I can understand why you would have these questions as they arent addressed in the anime, but to my knowledge I was under the impression that this was a one off, didnt plan to go too far.

And as to why I loved this, to be honest I do play mmos so I liked seeing an anime of it, also the hole lovey dovey crap I know its supposed to be the big thing about it but did really care more liked the soundtrack and the fight scenes to be perfectly honest. And I didnt so a sit in and watch them all, watched it once a week so dont know if that was a factor.
Fair enough. What killed this series for me is when the anime got side tracked with playing house & adopting an AI loli. Ruined the whole experience for me. Some of the fights are decent though.

Quote:
On that note the animes you recommeded would you say there like .Hack ? Because I have been meaning to watch that anime soon.
The .Hack world spreads throughout several different mediums to tell the overall story using video games, anime, & manga. .Hack as an anime is a bit more story driven & not as focused on the fights when compared to SAO. The concept is basically the same as SAO with a few details changed.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vengeance; 12-23-2012 at 04:32 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vengeance For This Useful Post:
Buck09 (12-23-2012)
Old 12-23-2012, 04:30 PM   #12
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda

Thanked 3,311 Times in 1,248 Posts
UchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond repute

Eh I liked it. My biggest complaint is I was expecting it to go in a darker direction. A lot of time was skipped, which is how Kirito jumped all those levels. Agree that more time should have been spent developing the side characters, the romance and the adoption aspect. But there were some real cute scenes.

The brother(cousin)complex was ick.

And I am dreaming of them on the plains
Dirtying up their beds
Watching for some sign of rain to cool their hot heads

And how dare that you send me that card when I'm doing all that I can do
You are forcing me to remember when all I want is to just forget you

If the tiger shall protect her young then tell me how did you slip by
All my instincts have failed me for once
I must have somehow slept the whole night

And I am dreaming of them with their kill
Tearing it all apart
Blood dripping from their lips and teeth sinking into heart

And how dare that you say you'll call
When you know I need some peace of mind
If you have to take sides with the animals
Won't you do it with one who is kind

And if the hawks in the trees need the dead
If you're living you don't stand a chance
For a time though you share the same bed
There are only two ends to this dance

You can flee with your wounds just in time or lie there as he feeds
Watching yourself ripped to shreds and laughing as you bleed

So for those of you falling in love keep it kind
Keep it good
Keep it right
Throw yourself in the midst of danger but keep one eye open at night

UchihaTaijiya is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UchihaTaijiya For This Useful Post:
Senkradlol (12-25-2012), SirBenoit (12-24-2012)
Old 12-24-2012, 12:22 AM   #13
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road

I agree with Vengeance...SAO is mediocre at best....
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:29 AM   #14
Vengeance
Death Scythe

For anyone interested in .Hack lore the order of events can get a tad confusing for someone new to the series. I'll just quote someone else on another forum who listed the order of events between the different mediums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Parrot
.Hack//AI Buster Vol 1 & 2 (novels)
.Hack//Sign (Anime) (only Eps 1-27)
.Hack (first 4 games Infection, Mutation, Outbreak, and Quarantine) & their Liminality DVDs
- The last .Hack//Sign Anime episode 28 (Unison) actually takes place here in the timeline after the last game
.Hack: Legend of the Twilight Vol 1-3 (Manga)*
.Hack//Roots (Anime)
.Hack//GU (Newest games)

There is also a .Hack//ZERO novel which appears to exist between //Sign and the first game, but your not reading it unless you read japanese at the current moment.

Also some small manga comics have recently come out based on the current game. I dont think any of the comics are cannon except maybe .Hack GnU. And thats a maybe. They are also in japanese still unless you can find a fan translated copy. Edit: Oops, also forgot about the recent //Alcor manga and //CELL novel which are probrobly cannon. All three are serialized in "The World" magazine and only in japanese at the moment Edit2: Alcor is most likely not cannon, but I wouldnt be too sure to completely disclaim it yet.

Also theres .Hack//Another Birth novels which is the first games told from BlackRose point of view. Don't know how cannon they though.

*There is a Legend of the Twilight Anime, but it is considered non-cannon with a different storyline.

http://www.dothack.com/forums/showpo...73&postcount=2
http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Timeli...e_.hack_series

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vengeance; 12-24-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:02 AM   #15
Senkradlol
Chuunin

Senkradlol is an unknown quantity at this point

It was really rushed and each episode skipped months in game. I didn't like the getting married part, but playing mmo's myself I was really biased and tried to look past most of the wtf-is-this-shit moments.
Senkradlol is offline   Reply With Quote