One piece 693 - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 12-20-2012, 07:54 AM   #16
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
Re: One piece 693

Oda really needs to explain Bonney's place in the OP world. I don't know if we have an official age for her, but for all we know she could hundreds of years old. Her ability would be pivotal to the WG by keeping their ruling body alive forever basically. Akainu's conversation with her gave me that vibe, she is definitely important to them in some way, aside from being a wanted criminal.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-20-2012, 08:05 AM   #17
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I don't know if we have an official age for her, but for all we know she could hundreds of years old.
Oda said in a SBS that her age is difficult to pinpoint due to her DF, but it's estimated to be 24 after time-skip. Of course, the keyword here is "estimated".

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #18
Tmoore
wandering analyst

Tmoore will become famous soon enoughTmoore will become famous soon enough

and that 24 could be 24 times she has reversed her own age
Old 12-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #19
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmoore View Post
and that 24 could be 24 times she has reversed her own age
No, the SBS was before the time skip, where the estimated age was 22 years, thus 24 after the time-skip. Sorry if my post didn't explain it clearly.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #20
Tmoore
wandering analyst

Tmoore will become famous soon enoughTmoore will become famous soon enough

its cool now i am informed
Old 12-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #21
dmaner
Academy Student

dmaner is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been viewing the forum for a couple of years as a guest mainly since I was following Naruto, but I am grateful for all of your comments on the forums about One Piece that got me to watch the entire series this year (500+ episodes takes about six months or so if you watch 2-3 during your lunch break). Also started reading the manga chapters since Punk Hazard started. Have to say, One Piece is definitely the best manga in my humble opinion. Thank you all for getting me interested in it.

Wanted to chime in on the question about Momo and Kinemon joining the Strawhat crew. I agree that Punk Hazard is very similar in overall development to the Baroque Works Saga, and feel that the next step will be Wano country which will be similar to Alabasta. I agree with Buck09 that Momo and Kinemon will be similar to Vivi and be short term Strawhat partners. I feel that at the moment there is not enough heartbreak in Momo and Kinemon's past to warrant them being Strawhats. Looking at the last three crew members Brook, Franky, and especially Robin, it is almost a requirement that Strawhat members have a really fantastic but at the same time tragic past. Don't get me wrong, there is still more to learn about the father/son duo, especially why Momo ran away from Wano, but I have a feeling that it is not as earth shattering as the previous Strawhat members. In fact looking at all the Strawhats past, Zoro, Sanji, and Usopp are the only members that don't have a gut wrenching childhood. What do you guys think? Does the character's back story equal the number one reason for Oda to add a character to the Strawhat crew?

Side note, I cannot start a new thread since I don't have enough postings as a new member, but was wondering if anyone would like to start a thread on power rankings in the New World since Punk Hazard is starting to wrap up, and new challenges are on the horizon such as Doflamingo.
dmaner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dmaner For This Useful Post:
Buck09 (12-21-2012), Senkradlol (12-24-2012)
Old 12-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #22
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaner View Post
I have been viewing the forum for a couple of years as a guest mainly since I was following Naruto, but I am grateful for all of your comments on the forums about One Piece that got me to watch the entire series this year (500+ episodes takes about six months or so if you watch 2-3 during your lunch break). Also started reading the manga chapters since Punk Hazard started. Have to say, One Piece is definitely the best manga in my humble opinion. Thank you all for getting me interested in it.

Wanted to chime in on the question about Momo and Kinemon joining the Strawhat crew. I agree that Punk Hazard is very similar in overall development to the Baroque Works Saga, and feel that the next step will be Wano country which will be similar to Alabasta. I agree with Buck09 that Momo and Kinemon will be similar to Vivi and be short term Strawhat partners. I feel that at the moment there is not enough heartbreak in Momo and Kinemon's past to warrant them being Strawhats. Looking at the last three crew members Brook, Franky, and especially Robin, it is almost a requirement that Strawhat members have a really fantastic but at the same time tragic past. Don't get me wrong, there is still more to learn about the father/son duo, especially why Momo ran away from Wano, but I have a feeling that it is not as earth shattering as the previous Strawhat members. In fact looking at all the Strawhats past, Zoro, Sanji, and Usopp are the only members that don't have a gut wrenching childhood. What do you guys think? Does the character's back story equal the number one reason for Oda to add a character to the Strawhat crew?

Side note, I cannot start a new thread since I don't have enough postings as a new member, but was wondering if anyone would like to start a thread on power rankings in the New World since Punk Hazard is starting to wrap up, and new challenges are on the horizon such as Doflamingo.
Welcome, I agree with your theisis, additionally after watching the Nami OVA, who's to say that Nami's Mom wasn't a D.? Her story is still incomplete, and simply watch her face and actions right before she dies, she's happy, and content. Like a D.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:34 PM   #23
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Buck09 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoKakarott023 View Post
Welcome, I agree with your theisis, additionally after watching the Nami OVA, who's to say that Nami's Mom wasn't a D.? Her story is still incomplete, and simply watch her face and actions right before she dies, she's happy, and content. Like a D.
Well the only thing I can say to this is the fact that she doesnt have D in her name. But you did make me think for a moment now. Is it possible there are others who are related to D and just dont know it.

But I loved the Nami OVA was really sweet and welcome dmaner to the forums always good to have new faces and opinions !
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Kamina: Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

(All quotes from one of my favourite Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Buck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:47 AM   #24
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Merry Xmas to all fans of the best manga in this Forum! I said it, Yup!

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote