Claim seeks $100 million for child survivor of Connecticut school shooting - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 12-29-2012, 11:06 PM   #1
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold
Claim seeks $100 million for child survivor of Connecticut school shooting

http://news.yahoo.com/claim-seeks-10...003646074.html

Quote:
MERIDEN, Connecticut (Reuters) - A $100 million claim on behalf of a 6-year-old survivor is the first legal action to come out of the Connecticut school shooting that left 26 children and adults dead two weeks ago.

The unidentified client, referred to as Jill Doe, heard "cursing, screaming, and shooting" over the school intercom when the gunman, 20-year-old Adam Lanza, opened fire, according to the claim filed by New Haven-based attorney Irv Pinsky.

"As a consequence, the ... child has sustained emotional and psychological trauma and injury, the nature and extent of which are yet to be determined," the claim said.

Pinsky said he filed a claim on Thursday with state Claims Commissioner J. Paul Vance Jr., whose office must give permission before a lawsuit can be filed against the state.

"We all know its going to happen again," Pinsky said on Friday. "Society has to take action."

Twenty children and six adults were shot dead on December 14 at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. The children were all 6 and 7 years old.

Pinsky's claim said that the state Board of Education, Department of Education and Education Commissioner had failed to take appropriate steps to protect children from "foreseeable harm."

It said they had failed to provide a "safe school setting" or design "an effective student safety emergency response plan and protocol."

Pinsky said he was approached by the child's parents within a week of the shooting.

The shooting, which also left the gunman dead, has prompted extensive debate about gun control and the suggestion by the National Rifle Association that schools be patrolled by armed guards. Police have said the gunman killed his mother at their home in Newtown before going to the school.
(Reporting by Mary Ellen Godin Editing by Ellen Wulfhorst)

with that much money, you can buy another kid!

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kluang For This Useful Post:
TheBaron (01-01-2013)

Old 12-29-2012, 11:12 PM   #2
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,714 Times in 3,841 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Claim seeks $100 million for child survivor of Connecticut school shooting

Quote:
Pinsky's claim said that the state Board of Education, Department of Education and Education Commissioner had failed to take appropriate steps to protect children from "foreseeable harm."
Because they could have clearly foreseen this guy snapping and killing people.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Mal (12-31-2012), TheBaron (01-01-2013)
Old 12-30-2012, 10:58 AM   #3
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road

*scratches forehead* (look at .gif of castle on kluang's sig to get a better picture)

If this lawsuit goes through... look for Connecticut to jump on the bandwagon of what the NRA is suggesting. (This will be extremely baffling if the case.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluang View Post

with that much money, you can buy another kid!
Not from Russia... and that's ridiculous by the way... adoption ban for those ignorant to it.
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:58 AM   #4
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

The fuck? As if the insanity that both caused and erupted from this shooting wasn't enough.

But the cherry on the cake is the "foreseeable" line. This lawyer is either out of his mind with all the cash he earned by representing this client or he thinks schools should have army-like defense and barbwire all over the place. So he's out of his mind either way.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:09 AM   #5
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

I'm surprised that anyone has the balls to make a claim like this when they still have their child. I'd be beyond pissed if I was one of the parents who lost my kid and this asshole comes out talking about how some cunt's kid heard some scary things. Boohoo, so sad
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Vengeance (01-10-2013)
Old 12-31-2012, 02:27 PM   #6
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I'm surprised that anyone has the balls to make a claim like this when they still have their child. I'd be beyond pissed if I was one of the parents who lost my kid and this asshole comes out talking about how some cunt's kid heard some scary things. Boohoo, so sad

I couldn't have said it anymore bluntly, blatantly, and eloquently myself....

But remember, this is the country where McDonald's was sued for millions for serving "hot" coffee and one customer spilling the coffee on his/herself.
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:24 PM   #7
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

That McDonald's case is significantly less ridiculous than this, the woman's coffee was legitimately scalding, far beyond a reasonable temperature for coffee, and she had to be treated for decent burn injuries.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #8
TheBaron
Danish Chef and gamer

TheBaron is an unknown quantity at this point

I think they should sue the children who died, for not having done their survival training with Bear Gryllis efficiently enough.

(Too soon? I mean no harm to the dead, nor do I mean to offend anyone. This is just to underline the stupidity of the law-suit. I am quite horrified about what happened.)

Last edited by TheBaron; 01-01-2013 at 02:37 PM.
TheBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheBaron For This Useful Post:
Mal (01-01-2013)