Games and all things related - Page 227 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #3391
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough
Re: Games and all things related

Hotline Miami is worth it, awesome music and its super addictive fast flashy gameplay, the story so far I don't get it all I know is you have to kill a bunch of dudes with weapons and you start unarmed

manta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2013, 05:59 PM   #3392
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Spec Ops: The Line is a good game. Now I need to finish Lone Survivor. Why am I playing all these games with feels?
Old 01-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #3393
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Fuck yeah Spec Ops: The Line; moral choice done justice in a game for once. And Lone Survivor is also fantastic, I definitely need to finish that one as well. Just as soon as I finally beat Crysis 2 and get them Achievables.

I know it's pointlessless, but I wish Steam had some equivalent to Gamerscore, I just fucking love numbers. I like Achievements, but have absolutely no motivation to get Achievements in Steam games when there's no meaningless numerical reward. Also, if you could track your grand total over time while cashing in the points you earn for discounts and shit that would be the fucking greatest thing ever.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:06 AM   #3394
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,472 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Spec Ops: The Line was a bad game. But that felt like the point. It was interesting.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (01-09-2013)
Old 01-03-2013, 01:28 AM   #3395
zer0systm
Antagonist

Thanked 8,057 Times in 2,875 Posts
zer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nice

SIM CITY BITCHES. Boosting that economy. Holding out for the new one so I can have supah heroes and villains in Mah city.
Vanity (01-03-2013)
Old 01-03-2013, 02:52 AM   #3396
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

I liked how the characters changed their war cries 'n' shit during the course of the game. You know, how in the beginning it's all "WE'RE OSCAR MIKE COVER ME I'M RELOADING" to more haggard gargling and screaming instead of calm, collected Delta force speak. But yeah, it was an average gameplay experience, but at least the elements weren't broken, like how the cover system would sometimes fuck up in ME3 or the ridiculous cut scene shit in the Modern Warfare franchise.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #3397
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

Thanked 2,697 Times in 854 Posts
Tzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the rough

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU-

Staked out on the Civ 5 sale until it was almost over, bought it just before it ended, and then they dropped the sale from 50 to 75%. Newell!!!
Tzu Men is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tzu Men For This Useful Post:
Mal (01-09-2013)
Old 01-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #3398
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Come on man, if there's one redeeming thing about this Steam sale, it's that you're not going to miss any deals. So many repeated offers, goddamn.
Mal (01-09-2013)
Old 01-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #3399
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Steam fucked up and put Sleeping Dogs on sale for 91% off, grabbed a few copies.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Mal (01-09-2013)
Old 01-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #3400
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Time to stop buying video games and hoard my money until the summer sale. WOOOOO, how am I going to make rent this month oh God help
Old 01-09-2013, 02:29 AM   #3401
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

To the Moon. Holy shit, these feels.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:24 PM   #3402
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
Spec Ops: The Line was a bad game. But that felt like the point. It was interesting.
That's the feeling I got as well, like the game itself was satire. It just felt right that it was so clunking and derivative.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #3403
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

By the end of the game I was convinced the whole thing was some over-blown parody that was so close to what it was mocking that it somehow got past the suits at 2K.

It's like, the further you got, the more the game dared you not to play it. I can't decide whether the uninspired waves of constant enemies the further along you played were a deliberate comment on the nature of modern shooters, or just plain shoddy game design. Shit, I could write a small bullshit essay on Spec Ops.

I think the most interesting commentary on the game is how the lead designer said the multiplayer "rapes" the single-player component of the game, because of how ideologically incompatible the two are. You know what? I enjoyed the co-op game more than the single-player. Make of that what you will.

However good the game is, I'm pretty sure it's the most post-modern video game I've played since MGS2.
Mal (01-09-2013)
Old 01-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #3404
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

I am not all crazy over figures and shit, but this baby would so well sit on my desk. Or bed.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
kael03 (01-09-2013), TheBaron (01-10-2013)
Old 01-09-2013, 05:58 PM   #3405
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/01/09/fa...-actor-sequel/
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote