Game of Thrones and other TV shenanigans - Page 13 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:13 AM   #181
Eternal Solitude
Traveler
Tetris Champion, Asteroids Champion

Eternal Solitude is on a distinguished road
Re: Game of Thrones and other TV shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaTaijiya View Post
True Blood is trashy. I don't hate, but I don't love.
Yeah its not gud anymore, fairies,wolves & whatnot.

I can't wait 4 Californication 2 start airing again

I'm bullet proof, nothing to loose.
Fire away, fire away.

Eternal Solitude is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2012, 06:54 AM   #182
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaTaijiya View Post
Haven't watched the Supernatural anime, but I've known about it for awhile. Think I'll watch it once the show stops airing.... so in a few years lol

True Blood is trashy. I don't hate, but I don't love.

Haven't checked out Revolution, but a friend likes it. So I may. I did watch 666 Park Avenue. It was alright. Don't think it's coming back though.
A friend of mine recommended 666 Park Avenue to me, haven't got around to watching it yet but he knows my taste fairly well so I suspect you and I will disagree on its quality.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:49 PM   #183
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda

Thanked 3,311 Times in 1,248 Posts
UchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond repute

Well, as I've gotten older I've gotten less hyped about shows, especially when it comes to the first 10 to 13 episodes, so when I say alright, I do mean that I liked it well enough. I was a bit disappointed when I read that it got cancelled, mostly because the power couple was kinda hot (in an old, rich, evil kind of way...) but the protagonist pairing didn't draw me in (still attractive though lololol). And it has a Devil's Advocate feel to it, which is a pretty horrible movie that I like xD So, that's a plus and a negative? I'unno.

And I am dreaming of them on the plains
Dirtying up their beds
Watching for some sign of rain to cool their hot heads

And how dare that you send me that card when I'm doing all that I can do
You are forcing me to remember when all I want is to just forget you

If the tiger shall protect her young then tell me how did you slip by
All my instincts have failed me for once
I must have somehow slept the whole night

And I am dreaming of them with their kill
Tearing it all apart
Blood dripping from their lips and teeth sinking into heart

And how dare that you say you'll call
When you know I need some peace of mind
If you have to take sides with the animals
Won't you do it with one who is kind

And if the hawks in the trees need the dead
If you're living you don't stand a chance
For a time though you share the same bed
There are only two ends to this dance

You can flee with your wounds just in time or lie there as he feeds
Watching yourself ripped to shreds and laughing as you bleed

So for those of you falling in love keep it kind
Keep it good
Keep it right
Throw yourself in the midst of danger but keep one eye open at night

UchihaTaijiya is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to UchihaTaijiya For This Useful Post:
Mal (12-25-2012)
Old 01-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #184
Scientia
Francesca

Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
You shouldn't watch the Wire for explosive and fast paced story and action. It's a show which is as realistic as they come, so don't judge it from it's first episode and let the plot develop. The characters are amazing. I am sure that, by the end of first season you will be amazed by the quality and by the end of the series you will be like: "best tv show ever".
Just finished the first season. Pretty awesome show so far. Yo, Stringer Bell and Omar. <3 I'd put it at about Rome's level, so far, maybe a bit higher due to plot.

And you don't have to worry about me watching something for explosive action alone, action by itself is so far down on my priority list. The only time action really shines to me is if there's a special feeling or significance to it...or hint of despair or even realism to it. So yeah. If that makes sense. But thanks for the warning, since it'd totally suck if I missed out on a great show cause of something stupid like that, so good looking out.

Now, I'm not saying I don't love Rome, because it's one of my all-time favorites, but it's not my favorite show ever, so far either. I'll just list my favorites:

Game of Thrones
Boardwalk Empire
The Walking Dead
Rome

We have GoT and BE on the top, and I'm not sure which I like more, but the general core plot of GoT I like better I guess. TWD or Rome, probably Rome since it's a more complete solid package as of now (not really, though, lol, crammed-last-season-cough).

The main, worth-explaining, reason that The Wire doesn't compare to those top two right now is because so far the characters haven't been developed as much as I want them to. For example, GoT and BE have this thing where characters will just get into deep fucking conversations with each other- sometimes for seemingly no fucking reason-, and they will start telling crazy stories and shit, giving us an insight into their mind that is the best you'll ever get besides reading their mind. Both plots are pretty in depth, realistic, grounded, slow-paced, etc. Which I can immediately see The Wire shares. But so far, while the The Wire has had great character development, it hasn't been as much yet, I'd wager. In particular I'd have liked to seen some more from Stringer, Omar, and Avon, though of course I realize the plot realistically didn't always need to focus on them, especially to give the feeling that the detectives were working their way up, but still man.

Of course, it may seem like an unfair comparison, given I'm only on season 2 now and I'm on season 3 and 4 of GoT and BE respectively but even in the first seasons of GoT and BE the character development was tremendous. Still, only the first season and it's already one of my favorites.

I doubt there's much it will do to make me hate it from here on out; I got a good feel for the show, and I'm excited to watch the next season. Hoping it'll have more personal development with Avon and Stringer, especially.

Also been listening to this all day, haha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6VpSB0XrOY

Last edited by Scientia; 01-03-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Scientia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scientia For This Useful Post:
Shrike (01-05-2013)
Old 01-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #185
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Didn't watch BE, but GoT and Walking Dead are far below series such as the Wire for me. It's not even comparable. GoT is an okay adaptation, but nothing too awesome; the book overshadows it so much it isn't even funny. The Walking Dead, I dunno. The first episode the the best pilot ever (in any series), but right after that I didn't like it that much. The end of season 1 and whole of season 2 were pretty bad for me.

Rome is good. That series is another story.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Scientia (01-05-2013)
Old 01-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #186
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

kinda feel the same, walking dead season 2 was just bad and boring, only mama drama pretty much <.<. 3 wasnt too bad though, someone who i wanted dead died =D. lol

lori if u are wondering lol

as for thrones, i think its ok, kinda slow in some parts, and theres just so many characters and things going on, i kinda get lost sometimes.

im still watchin both though. lol

havent seen empire and rome yet.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #187
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

I don't think GoT is slow, it's just very confusing for a non-book viewer and very rushed for someone who read a book. Didn't watch season 3 of Walking, but I will probably pick it up. Just didn't feel like losing my time since season 2 and even season 1 were bad.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #188
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Don't find GoT slow at all. Just sit there and watch to see how they'll accomplish certain things. They make some interesting choices probably in terms to make some things a little more obvious. I've written extensively about this already so I won't again.

Also, what the hell are they doing with Stannis? He's WAY too likeable.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Mal (01-09-2013)
Old 01-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #189
Darth-Nero
Victory!

Thanked 1,674 Times in 676 Posts
Darth-Nero is on a distinguished roadDarth-Nero is on a distinguished road

I watched GoT twice just to clear out the characters miss, I find the slowness mainly in season 2 which considered quite eventless except for the last few eps. But season one was just perfect. Am thinking about giving the whole thing a 3rd run, because it's that damn good.
Darth-Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Darth-Nero For This Useful Post:
Scientia (01-05-2013)
Old 01-09-2013, 02:49 PM   #190
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Everybody's in here talking about American/Western shows and here I am watching almost exclusively anime, aside from GoT. And Adventure Time.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Eternal Solitude (02-06-2013), Scientia (01-09-2013)
Old 01-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #191
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

lol i watch asian dramas >.> but no one here watches it as far as i know <.<
Old 01-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #192
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,474 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Everybody's in here talking about American/Western shows and here I am watching almost exclusively anime, aside from GoT. And Adventure Time.
http://loldwell.com/?p=1050

But seriously, I'm only getting around to watching Breaking Bad after what, three years?
Jaxon is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Scientia (10-16-2013)
Old 01-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #193
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda

Thanked 3,311 Times in 1,248 Posts
UchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond repute

Just started a Storm of Swords. (:
Definitely agree that the second season was botched in more than a few ways. Too bad.

And I am dreaming of them on the plains
Dirtying up their beds
Watching for some sign of rain to cool their hot heads

And how dare that you send me that card when I'm doing all that I can do
You are forcing me to remember when all I want is to just forget you

If the tiger shall protect her young then tell me how did you slip by
All my instincts have failed me for once
I must have somehow slept the whole night

And I am dreaming of them with their kill
Tearing it all apart
Blood dripping from their lips and teeth sinking into heart

And how dare that you say you'll call
When you know I need some peace of mind
If you have to take sides with the animals
Won't you do it with one who is kind

And if the hawks in the trees need the dead
If you're living you don't stand a chance
For a time though you share the same bed
There are only two ends to this dance

You can flee with your wounds just in time or lie there as he feeds
Watching yourself ripped to shreds and laughing as you bleed

So for those of you falling in love keep it kind
Keep it good
Keep it right
Throw yourself in the midst of danger but keep one eye open at night

UchihaTaijiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #194
Darth-Nero
Victory!

Thanked 1,674 Times in 676 Posts
Darth-Nero is on a distinguished roadDarth-Nero is on a distinguished road

Just watched Berserk Ova II last night and am more than ready to watch again tonight, It's fucking incredible.
Darth-Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Darth-Nero For This Useful Post:
Scientia (01-19-2013)
Old 01-20-2013, 04:46 PM   #195
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

Where? (Can I ask where?)

manta is offline   Reply With Quote