Tactical Response CEO Threatens To 'Start Killing People' Over Possible Obama Gun Me - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #16
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard
 
LonelyNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Fistopia
Age: 22
Posts: 400
Thanks: 112
Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about
Re: Tactical Response CEO Threatens To 'Start Killing People' Over Possible Obama Gu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekyl_hyde View Post
3. If the gov't does manage to pass legislation banning the majority of guns, all chaos will break loose. There will be a civil war... but it will be the U.S. vs. various factions.
Will be people be uncomfortable? Yes. Will there be a Civil War? No. Why? Most Americans don't really give a shit one way or another about banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. It's just like any other politically-charged issue in this country, where we only hear the most vocal minority (italicized for emphasis) regarding a topic. For example, the majority of Americans are actually in favor of same-sex marriage. However, anyone who pays attention to the news (especially if foreigners are looking at us) will notice that there are more articles and pieces about same-sex marriage protests and anti-gay sentiment than there are of people saying, "Sure, let the gays marry and/or adopt." So just because the NRA and select lunatics individuals or groups are up-in-arms about the whole thing doesn't mean that everyone is rallying to protect guns.

In fact, a lot of people around the country are turning in their guns, even ones that are legal to own and wouldn't be banned following any of the Obama administration's proposals. But you are right in that there will be probably be violent retaliations to strengthening gun control laws. It just won't result in a severe schism of the country, just pockets of resistance, particularly in the South and Midwest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
Humm, no, it'd be a bunch of disorganized fools vs the US military and we all know who would win.
Technically, it wouldn't be the main American military, since our Constitution bans the use of the Army, Air Force, Navy, or CIA from operating on domestic soil. It'd still be local police, FBI, and the National Guard, but still. BUT STILL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekyl_hyde View Post
I thought you would know that, seeing how you know so damn much about the U.S. and it's government and policies. You're just a liberal tool, that is all you are. Hell, I know dozens of Democrats that I call friends that don't want the government touching this issue. Big difference between you and them, they are U.S. citizens. You're not.
I'm an Independent who thinks that there should be more government involvement in gun regulation/control. But that doesn't mean I'm afraid of guns, nor does it mean that I don't want to own assault rifles and high-capacity magazines at some point in my life (because fuck yeah, BARs and 100+ round magazines!). Just because he's not an American doesn't mean he is somehow less knowledgeable about the topic. Hell, we're on a forum about Japanese comics, but we're all in the loop about Japanese culture and manga/anime norms. It's actually a good thing to get an outside perspective precisely because it allows Americans to pull our heads out of our collective ass and rethink our positions on a topic.

The only reason people say enforcement is better than more laws is because there's a lack of police officers, ATF agents, etc. If we wanted better enforcement, then these agencies should be hiring more people. As the case is, many of these agencies aren't, at least where I live. Also, enforcing the rather convoluted state laws drains resources. We don't have dozens of police officers patrolling gun auctions and conventions, which is where most of mainstream illegal purchases occur (black market is a whole 'nother issue). We should, but we don't have the manpower or the resources. Federal laws will make it easier to enforce because now all of our states' police agencies will be on the same page regarding the issues.
__________________
LonelyNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LonelyNinja For This Useful Post:
kael03 (01-14-2013), Mal (01-15-2013), Numinous (01-14-2013)


Old 01-14-2013, 02:42 PM   #17
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Tactical Response CEO Threatens To 'Start Killing People' Over Possible Obama Gu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja View Post
Technically, it wouldn't be the main American military, since our Constitution bans the use of the Army, Air Force, Navy, or CIA from operating on domestic soil. It'd still be local police, FBI, and the National Guard, but still. BUT STILL!
Well, didn't know that, thanks for the information.

Quote:
I'm an Independent who thinks that there should be more government involvement in gun regulation/control. But that doesn't mean I'm afraid of guns, nor does it mean that I don't want to own assault rifles and high-capacity magazines at some point in my life (because fuck yeah, BARs and 100+ round magazines!).
Well, business that profit from shooting ranges could benefit a lot from gun control. People want to fire a kickass gun? They'd just have to pay a fee and have fun in a secure place.

But I agree with the rest of your post and I do have to say that my family owns an hunting rifle and I've seen it being employed for sport, so don't think I'm anti-guns, I'm only in favor of a sensible use of them.
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3







Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
Mal (01-15-2013)
Old 01-14-2013, 03:46 PM   #18
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard
 
LonelyNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Fistopia
Age: 22
Posts: 400
Thanks: 112
Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about
Re: Tactical Response CEO Threatens To 'Start Killing People' Over Possible Obama Gu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
Well, business that profit from shooting ranges could benefit a lot from gun control. People want to fire a kickass gun? They'd just have to pay a fee and have fun in a secure place.

But I agree with the rest of your post and I do have to say that my family owns an hunting rifle and I've seen it being employed for sport, so don't think I'm anti-guns, I'm only in favor of a sensible use of them.
There are shooting ranges like that already, but so far the limitation is that only red states (meaning heavily Republican, like Arizona, Texas, and so on) allow the bigger, awesomerest weapons. You won't see a California shooting range that allows any magazine that goes over fifteen, and that kind of puts a damper on things. But that also illustrates my point about federal laws about guns instead of individual states. I think it's kind of silly and dangerous that I can buy an automatic weapon in Arizona, where I go to school, can easily smuggle it into California, where I live, but not be able to shoot it anywhere legally. Either make it so that I can legally own automatic weapons (now, nothing extreme like any Kalashnikovs, but maybe an MP5 or something {with, of course, a magazine within reason}) or make it so that you can't have any automatic weapons anywhere. And believe me, I know it sounds crazy that I would want one over the other, but that's where my beliefs are.

Yeah, in a perfect world, all guns should be used for their intended purposes, like hunting or self-defense. Instead, people are dicks, and so we need more control over said dicks getting high powered, high-capacity weaponry.
__________________
LonelyNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LonelyNinja For This Useful Post:
Mal (01-15-2013), Numinous (01-15-2013)
Old 01-14-2013, 09:47 PM   #19
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing
 
ask me anything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Impel Down
Posts: 3,199
Thanks: 9,036
Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Tactical Response CEO Threatens To 'Start Killing People' Over Possible Obama Gu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post


No, you're the one out of your mind considering the fallacies you committed:
  • "especially those that own guns, legally mind you" reeks of No True Scotsman fallacy. You think that all gun-related felons acquired their guns illegally? No, many of them acquired their guns in the most legal of ways and that didn't stop them from committing said felonies. So you can't separate the felons from the law-abiding under that criteria
Just to elaborate on your point a bit further, I'm gonna leave this here. I'd really like Jekyl_Hyde to try to defend what happens in that video.

Let's face the cold hard facts. Most people honestly don't give a fuck what someone does with something they sell. I hate to put it like that, but it's true of most things people do. Most times people tell themselves "Well it's not my fault what other people do.", and while that's is true to some extent, it still makes them the enablers of what happens later on. People selling .50 caliber weapons off the back of a pick-up truck to people who flat out say they probably couldn't pass a background check, is simply inexcusable. And still the people selling the weapons honestly don't worry about the outcome. Why not you ask? Well, why would they worry! It's not like they have anything to worry about. I mean, even if the weapons they bought are used in a serious crime, it's not likely the cops would do anything to the seller anyway. It's simply too much trouble to trace back the sales of a gun that was paid in cash in a random parking lot, from a random guy off the internet, who's name was either never known or long forgotten.

I'm all in favor of registering guns. I own 4 myself, and have no problem letting Uncle Sam know that I do so, if it means all the other fucktards out there have to do likewise. Perhaps with an actual paper trail to connect people to the guns they own, (and stiff penalties for illegally selling them) they won't be so eager to sell firearms to random people they met on the internet.
__________________

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
kael03 (01-14-2013), Numinous (01-15-2013)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Naruto 435 predictions. Dagoro Naruto Manga 517 02-13-2009 04:19 PM
Fierce, Tactical Thinking - Permanent Banned nelsonkong Bans & Warnings 0 10-10-2005 11:19 PM
Have u ever heard of and played before tactical ops 2 ? itachi41 Gaming 8 01-01-2005 10:26 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.