One piece 696 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 01-23-2013, 03:06 AM   #1
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
One piece 696

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/696/3

Enjoy.

Standard feast after the battle chapter. Nice humor here and there, Bell-san flashback, but the end is the only relevant part.

The translation is a bit wonky here. Law was gunning for Kaido which is surprising, but Luffy wants to take down Shanks first ?

Waiting for MS to clear that up. Luffy aiming for the stars as usual, let's take them all down lol. Momonosuke's fruit isn't gimped, meaning Vega punk actually succeeded ?

Last edited by Dagoro; 01-23-2013 at 03:24 AM.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (01-23-2013), Gakure (01-23-2013), NeoKakarott023 (01-23-2013), Pritha (01-23-2013)

Old 01-23-2013, 03:27 AM   #2
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road
Re: One piece 696

big info chapter....Luffy wants to go after Shanks and all...sure he will save Shanks for last....So man of 100 beasts....Brownbeard and crew to be captured and saved via Marines. Marines will go back to save their comrades as they forced a remedy/vaccine from CC. We thought the agreement with Law was one sided but Luffy is looking into the future. So Wano country will have a big back story..feeling it coming...also with the children going with the marines..Sh's can focus on bigger fish. Wonder how long before Fire Fox and Son will be with Sh's before they decide they need to venture home? It would be cool for them to stick around a little and then split up...only to join down the line.. Jimbei should be around the corner (as far as joining SH's.) good chapter
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:31 AM   #3
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Law: Sh we have to leave, reinforcements are likely on the way.

Luffy: You're right......PARTY TIME !!!!!

Law:....I am so dead.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:32 AM   #4
Pritha
Chuunin

Pritha is on a distinguished road

^ that was the best part and 100 beasts gives us the CLUE
I dont see y law is'nt enjoying. he is being portrayed as impatient and not a fun person

Last edited by Pritha; 01-23-2013 at 03:33 AM.
Pritha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:33 AM   #5
apacolypz
ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
Law: Sh we have to leave, reinforcements are likely on the way.

Luffy: You're right......PARTY TIME !!!!!

Law:....I am so dead.
hell yeah i cracked up big time there...Law is just frozen.....speechless...Luffy is such a nonchalant mofo
Old 01-23-2013, 03:43 AM   #6
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

The interaction between Momo and Kinemon might be a clue as to what we will see in wano. I'm beginning to think that Momo's refusal to eat is not some macho thing, perhaps his people are going through famine ? Remember when the old guy from weatheria helped some farmers with rain clouds ?
Old 01-23-2013, 03:53 AM   #7
apacolypz
ANBU

Quote:
The interaction between Momo and Kinemon might be a clue as to what we will see in wano. I'm beginning to think that Momo's refusal to eat is not some macho thing, perhaps his people are going through famine ? Remember when the old guy from weatheria helped some farmers with rain clouds ?
i thought that they could be experiencing some strife just as much as the famine. As they are a cut off country where the marines don't enter....wondering if anyone has invaded their country... Fire Fist hates pirates...has a sure distaste for them......more to that story...
Old 01-23-2013, 05:37 AM   #8
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

@ Dagoro: I think Luffy was just messing around when he said he wanted to take down Shanks first. He said later that he'd take down all the Yonkou, so I take the Shanks line with a grain of salt.

And yay for Kaidou being next in line, I knew Oda was hinting it with the cover arc.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:54 AM   #9
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

It was just mistranslated. Luffy said something along the lines of "As long as it isn't Shanks first".
Old 01-23-2013, 06:13 AM   #10
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
It was just mistranslated. Luffy said something along the lines of "As long as it isn't Shanks first".
While I do agree that makes much more sense, where did you get the raw to assert that? Mangastream still hasn't released its translation yet.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:14 AM   #11
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Read it on another forum.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:39 AM   #12
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

I presumed that Kaido was the one because when Law told Luffy about it, Luffy didn't have any kind of reaction, and he would have if it was any other Yonkou because he knows of them. I am glad I was correct, this is for the best. So Kaido of the 100 beasts? Meaning he is using Smiles I guess. I like how confident Luffy is.

Also, it was a pointless chapter with some humor here and there, but okay, nothing surprising from Oda, he can waste a week in a worse way. At least we got the Kaido thing.

Edit: Also, lol @ CC's gas of death shit. What the hell Oda, that was moronic as fuck.

Last edited by Shrike; 01-23-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #13
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/75355832/4

MS version.

Luffy does intend to fight Shanks at some point. I can't wait to see their encounter.

Last edited by Dagoro; 01-23-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:42 PM   #14
Sagensyg
o/a Lawr

Sagensyg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/75355832/4

MS version.

Luffy does intend to fight Shanks at some point. I can't wait to see their encounter.
Luffy vs Shanks would be inevitable anyway, but I have a feeling someone else will be the one to take down Shanks for good.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #15
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

^Like BB. Doubt Shanks can go all out on Luffy, the match wouldn't be a real match. It's almost like pitting Garp with Luffy, and we all know how it went on Marineford.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote