Bleach 524 - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Bleach Series > Bleach Manga

Bleach Manga Talk about the manga series of Bleach here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 01-24-2013, 06:34 AM   #16
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road
Re: Bleach 524

I just don't get how is this going to help him go bankai? He has to kill Unohana to even walk through that door?(to go bankai)It just doesn't make sense the way he is being trained here...I can understand he has to face the most blood thirsty individual in SS's history...I understand he has to beat the first Kenpachi to do so....but it just seems like small words and big slashes...how is this gonna help him mature his fighting style? So after this Shunshi is going to train him in the art of two handed combat? After reading the MS trans I wasn't as bothered as before..Agree all the way with NeoKakarott023 that visually it just didn't do it for me. It just seems like an odd round about way to help Zaraki out.
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #17
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

After a while Zaraki will probably figure out it's simple impossible to defeat Unohana without the use of his shikai at least, and be forced to learn it. She's clearly toying with him as it is.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:21 AM   #18
woody_3162
Chuunin

woody_3162 is an unknown quantity at this point

Even the manga steam trans doesn't help clear anything up yet. The one thing that occurred to me whilst reading the last panel ( not that I thing this is where the mange is heading) maybe he's not always been in Shikai but that he's always been in bankai. His ability is that in bankai he won't die, he'll just come back stronger.
I just hope it's not gonna be something as daft as that kubo.
woody_3162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:24 PM   #19
Reesaroni
Genin

Reesaroni is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody_3162 View Post
Even the manga steam trans doesn't help clear anything up yet. The one thing that occurred to me whilst reading the last panel ( not that I thing this is where the mange is heading) maybe he's not always been in Shikai but that he's always been in bankai. His ability is that in bankai he won't die, he'll just come back stronger.
So basically a Saiyan that has his wish for immortality granted
Reesaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #20
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
But my question is if this is his bankai how does it relate to Unohana's sin? Zaraki's sword has not changed at all since before he joined the 13 Gotei. The only time I can recall him trying to converse with his blade was I think after Ichigo beat him the first time.
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #21
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Quote:
When was it ever said his sword was even in Shikai to begin with? As far as I know he's never known the name of his sword which is a prerequisite for having a Shikai.

The Following User Says Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (01-26-2013)
Old 01-26-2013, 07:17 PM   #22
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah going Shikai is a command, never heard Ken yell out a command for his sword one tine.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #23
Pritha
Chuunin

Pritha is on a distinguished road

its like with ichigo too ... his sword is always in his shikai form. He never need to shout a command for that. The explanation is given in manga itself if u want to check. am just lazy to search. so ken is also in shikai
Pritha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #24
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
When was it ever said his sword was even in Shikai to begin with? As far as I know he's never known the name of his sword which is a prerequisite for having a Shikai.
When Ichigo and Kenpachi were fighting Kenpachi stated that his sword was already released and that he never placed an unsealing command on it. It's constantly released like Ichigo's.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (01-26-2013)
Old 01-26-2013, 08:04 PM   #25
NeoKakarott023

NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
When Ichigo and Kenpachi were fighting Kenpachi stated that his sword was already released and that he never placed an unsealing command on it. It's constantly released like Ichigo's.
This is curious though, because Ichigo has had a relationship with the spirit of his Bankai, one would think he'd have the Shikai ability that Seats and Vice Capts. have.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

Old 01-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #26
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoKakarott023 View Post
This is curious though, because Ichigo has had a relationship with the spirit of his Bankai, one would think he'd have the Shikai ability that Seats and Vice Capts. have.
Except Kenpachi did the "beat the previous captain in front of other captains" method to get his spot. He didn't have to have the other requirements that way.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:29 PM   #27
NeoKakarott023

Quote:
Except Kenpachi did the "beat the previous captain in front of other captains" method to get his spot. He didn't have to have the other requirements that way.
The curious aspect is that Ichigo is on his 2nd Bankai go round, and has had such the intimate relationship with the soul of the sword, but hasn't ever even been put in a situation to give his sword the ability of being released or not from what I've ever seen.

I speak 4 languages...

Old 01-26-2013, 09:21 PM   #28
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Quote:

After going back and rereading that fight, it seems your right. His sword is in shikai form. However he still doesn't know the name of his sword, so they aren't cooperating together, which limits it 'true' strength greatly as said here.

Also by rereading that fight, I figured out what that image Zaraki saw of himself being stabbed was. It's the killing intent of Unohana completely overwhelming him. He did that same shit to Ichigo himself way back when they first met.

http://www.mangapark.com/manga/Bleach/v12/c103/14
http://www.mangapark.com/manga/Bleach/v12/c103/15

LOL, at those great memories. This basically proves Unohana is toying with Zaraki pretty bad if she can mind fuck him to this degree.

Edit: I wonder how Zaraki ever unlocked his shikai to begin with though? Even if he's the same as Ichigo to where it's stays in shikai form, if you remember ichigo still had to learn Zangetsus' name to unlock it to begin with. How does one unlock a sword with no name, when learning the name has always been shown to be the the requirement? Some sort of SS experiment?

Last edited by ask me anything; 01-26-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:13 PM   #29
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

There's a small problem with your killing intent theory. Unohana still had the blood on her face from when he coughed it on her. Her thoughts also betrayed that when she claimed he only got stronger when he crossed death's door.
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
woody_3162 (01-27-2013)
Old 01-26-2013, 10:26 PM   #30
Pritha
Chuunin

Pritha is on a distinguished road

ken is in shikai because of his overwhelming retsu, just like when isshin says that if u consider every captains retsu their sword must be really big and they control their retsu. Probably ken cannot suppress all of his retsu and thats y its in shikai form from the beginning.
(maybe some other word for suppress)
Pritha is offline   Reply With Quote