Fairy Tail 316 - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 01-27-2013, 05:26 PM   #16
Loke
Genin

Loke is on a distinguished road
Re: Fairy Tail 316

Question: Does anyone have an idea how Laxus can even fight Orga on even ground? Shouldn't the latter just be able to eat all of Laxus' attacks?

I mean, Zancrow ate Natsu's flames and thus rendered his attacks useless. It was pretty much said that a DS would normally have as little chance against a GS as an ordinary flame mage would have against a DS.
Of course, only until Natsu pulled off that mana-depletion trick, but this hasn't been implied to have happened in this chapter...

You could say it happened off-panel, but then again it has been the same for Wendy vs. Shelia... Shelia didn't just absorb all of Wendy's attacks and destroy her with ease.

Now, is this just a plot hole or has anything been stated to explain this? Maybe I hust oversaw something? O_o

Old 01-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #17
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Continuity and FT don't go together.

The whole god slayer thing is retarded anyway. The origin behind it is non existent, it's just an excuse to have FT characters fight foes with corresponding elements but dyed black for maximum coolness.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
Vengeance (01-29-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 02:43 PM   #18
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
Continuity and FT don't go together.

The whole god slayer thing is retarded anyway. The origin behind it is non existent, it's just an excuse to have FT characters fight foes with corresponding elements but dyed black for maximum coolness.
At the end of the day isn't it all about maximum coolness? I mean the only reason why Erza is arguably the most popular main character(Between Natsu, Lucy, Gray, & Erza) in fairy tail is because she uses swords (cool), telekinesis(double cool), strong female (triple cool), & represents a knight(quadruple cool). It has nothing to do with the fact that she's got the most characterization & development out of the four (Second being Gray, third being Lucy, & last being Natsu) riiiight?

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #19
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Quote:
At the end of the day isn't it all about maximum coolness?
Yes, but there has to be a little substance behind it or it gets stale really fast. The first time god slaying was brought up I thought it was a decent concept, but then the explanation came and it deflated w/e expectations I had.

Now god slayers are there just because. We don't know how the origin of their magic nor do they seem to have any importance like the dragon slayers. Are we going to see any of these gods that this particular style of magic can defeat ?

Probably not. Mashima already admitted in an interview that he doesn't really give a shit about FT, he is writing it still because of the cash and he is now focusing on his new upcoming manga.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:08 PM   #20
J-man123
Supernova

J-man123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe lexsus has an advantages since he is gen2 DS with lycrame crystal which gen 1s like natsu dont have
J-man123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:34 PM   #21
DRAGONBPY
Chuunin

DRAGONBPY is on a distinguished road

@Dagoro. I agree with you on how god slayer has turned pale compared to dragon slayer now. I think the only reason it may be weak is probably due to Dragons being regarded as gods in the series (I may be wrong) and god slayer magic may not really be a magic to kill gods
DRAGONBPY is offline   Reply With Quote