Games and all things related - Page 229 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:33 AM   #3421
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,472 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold
Re: Games and all things related

I'm not particularly good at DMC games. I achieved an SSS in DmC on Son of Sparda just by mashing random shit. The enemies just kind of wander around, and there's only about six of them attacking you at a time. Also, there's no lock-on. Yeah.

The dialogue in DMC was always bad, but it was good-bad. The games never took themselves seriously. DMC4 has a goddamn mock-Shakespeare sequence for crying out loud. DmC on the other hand, feels like a try-hard 90s comic book, and considering I love try-hard 90s comic books, the fact I don't like DmC's writing should tell you something. Also, everyone talks in a really monotone voice, which is meant to add gravity to the ridiculous shit they're talking about but just ends up making everyone sound bored.

Still, the game seems fun enough. As I say, I'll probably play it through eventually.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (01-30-2013), Shrike (01-29-2013)

Old 01-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #3422
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

I have a hard on for DMC because it's a very fast game which requires actual skill and you can develop that skill to ridiculous levels. I mean, it's the kind of game for which you can check out YouTube vids to see the greatest nerds doing things which only befit Asians and it's fun watching them because you never knew you could do half of that stuff be it because your fingers are too slow or just because it never occurred to you that you could do stuff like that.

And HAHA@ try-hard 90s comics. I guess then that they went with the approach of "we will make it more serious" and failed on many levels. As you said, DMC never took itself seriously. Not a huge fan of 90s comics myself though. I am more the Conan, Zagor, Flash Gordon and the like. Grew up on those. I did like Spawn and Spiderman though.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Jaxon (01-29-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #3423
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

So, Injustice Among Us have a storyline...

Joker poisoned Superman with kryptonite lace scarecrow fear gas

superman kills "doomsday" which is actually lois. lois and her baby dies

joker somehow link lois heartbeat with a nuke and when her heart stops metropolis go boom

superman starts a planet wide police state alongside some heroes and villian

batman led a rebel group to fight him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l27-3...layer_embedded

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

Last edited by kluang; 01-30-2013 at 11:37 AM.
kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:50 PM   #3424
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Not sure how to feel about that, to be honest.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #3425
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

they got kevin conroy, thats a good thing

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:14 AM   #3426
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

Graphics and gameplay look like crap, but the story sounds interesting.

Kluang from what movie is this?

Edit: The creative director of the game is Ed Boon and by watching some gameplay video its basically Mortal Kombat DC Superheroes.

Last edited by manta; 02-01-2013 at 07:20 AM.
manta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #3427
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Ong Bak.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
manta (02-02-2013)
Old 02-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #3428
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

Thanked 2,697 Times in 854 Posts
Tzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the rough

If in doubt, Google search by image.
Tzu Men is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tzu Men For This Useful Post:
manta (02-02-2013)
Old 02-06-2013, 10:05 AM   #3429
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Nothing confirmed yet, but rumours have the next XBox pushing for constant internet connection and access codes to prevent used game sales. Thoughts?

http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/6/395...on-codes-rumor
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #3430
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,717 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

It can be both good and bad. Bad for gaming stores like GameSpot and local owned stores, since it will effectively kill their market. But I tend to get only new games still in the manufacturer's packaging, so I don't care. The constant online thing can be a pain. What if there's an outage in the local isp? Blizzard did the same shit with diablo 3 and it caused an uproar.
kael03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #3431
Mal
Scotch

Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

European Court ruling from last year. I know Valve currently has no intention of allowing Steam games to be resold, but it might be more difficult for Microsoft to change to such a policy, at least in the Eurozone.

Personally though, I don't care. The only used game I have ever bought was the second Zone of the Enders, and only because it was an older game with a limited run and was already out of production. I would however like to see at least some time limit to such restrictions. It would be pretty lame if, for example, some kid born today couldn't buy an old copy of Halo n in 15 years' time because he just wasn't born soon enough. Yeah they'll certainly repackage and resell games, but they likely won't for everything and it won't really be the same experience.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:16 PM   #3432
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Nothing confirmed yet, but rumours have the next XBox pushing for constant internet connection and access codes to prevent used game sales. Thoughts?

http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/6/395...on-codes-rumor
That would really suck. I buy mostly new games, but occasionally I throw in an old used game for $15 when I buy something else just to try it.

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:35 PM   #3433
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

I actually a bit more interested to see how the "necessary internet connection" plays out. The internet is still not a ubiquitous thing nor consistently reliable. Such a requirement seems a bit optimistic. I generally do all my gaming offline and haven't even bothered hooking up the 360 to the interwebs. If there are drawbacks to this set up, I'll be more inclined to invest in computer gaming (as many opinions around here have suggested to be the better route).

I also wonder how lack of resale will affect game sales and prices. Without the ability to resale, would we expect games to come down from the original price anywhere near as quickly? There are few games I have generally considered $60+ in value and depending on the title have waited for sales or bought used. I agree with Servo that I'd be more inclined to take a flyer on a game I know little about at the $15 price rather than $30-40 of discounted "new" games.

Especially when online sales of older games range in the $2-10 range.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:47 AM   #3434
Mal
Scotch

Steam be fucking up everyone's shit.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
OG (02-10-2013)
Old 02-10-2013, 05:59 AM   #3435
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Steam killed retail!

Also:

£6.49 from Play.com. Couldn't get Claptrap though.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Mal (02-10-2013), OG (02-10-2013)