Naruto 618 - Page 8 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 02-01-2013, 08:43 AM   #106
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Naruto 618

J-Man will be seen as a Ghost in the clouds with Mom, Pop, and Neji. Since Neji died, it gives me the feeling that POSSIBLY, Sasuke can come out of this whole thing alive, major characters are now being treated like fast food burgers and consumed. You need to have someone relevant living at the end besides only Naruto, and Kakashi. Additionally, some villages will need a new Kage, I'm calling Ooniki's death, and possibly Mei since it dosen't seem like the fans dug the Broad. The rest will live with constant reminder injuries, Tsunade will live but not have the power/ability to remain Hokage, she will step down... proudly and gladly with her coat that hilights her betting on Naruto all along, to go gamble and kick it for the rest of her life with Shizune and the Pig.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #107
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

So... you can control the death god by putting on a mask and sacrificing yourself? O... K.

Anyway, good push for Orochimaru back as the final villain. Naruto to defeat the previous hokage to become the next hokage ("Rise above every Hokage to become the greatest") and just a little quibble at what Sasuke's role is in all this. Merger with Orochimaru seems likely at this point although one could easily see Kishi making it a fight which Sasuke emerges victorious again with control of the Edos.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (02-01-2013)
Old 02-01-2013, 12:24 PM   #108
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all

Imagine how hiruzen sarutobi is going to feel when he sees sasuke has become Oro's disciple, left the village, ect... Sarutobi seemed like he was trying to protect sasuke from Oro and he failed terribly...

Knowing the death of his clan is responsible and he could not stop it also should weigh heavily on him IMO...

And Hashirama should feel pretty damn bad too, learning his defeat of madara was a sham and he never actually stopped anything... Madara lived on and so did the hatred of the uchiha which has been completely reborn in sasuke who stands right in front of him...

No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all you POWER/STRENGTH is no more USEFUL then a squirt gun....
And if You cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to Defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at WILL...

MINATO "KYF" NAMIKAZE.

People live relying on they're Knowledge and Perception, and thus are bound to them.....
Those Boundaries are what they tend to accept as "Reality".....
However..... Knowledge and Perception are both ambiguous....
so "Reality" could be nothing more....
then an illusion....

ITACHI UCHIHA
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:46 PM   #109
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Konnaha_yellow_flash;2134243]Imagine how hiruzen sarutobi is going to feel when he sees sasuke has become Oro's disciple, left the village, ect... Sarutobi seemed like he was trying to protect sasuke from Oro and he failed terribly...

Knowing the death of his clan is responsible and he could not stop it also should weigh heavily on him IMO...

And Hashirama should feel pretty damn bad too, learning his defeat of madara was a sham and he never actually stopped anything... Madara lived on and so did the hatred of the uchiha which has been completely reborn in sasuke who stands right in front of him...

1st Bold = Sarutobi was a failure overall as a Kage, slightly less useful than Tsunade, just a good natured old Dude that people respected more, and feared less by the day from his introduction, to his demise. C'mon he didn't even die by the hands of an Akatsuki Member, but an outcast.

2nd Bold = for an Uchiha Fan... priceless.

I do wonder how the exchange between Sasuke and Edo Minato will be though, Hiruzen will reminisce with Oro, and the rest will give they're 'we shouldn't have, I'm sorry speeches'. Since they're Edo's, I'd fuck with them just cause, walk up to Hiruzen and smack his head off of his shoulders repeatedly, and make it come back. Poke the 2nd in the forehead and call him a joke, kick in his kneecap until detached, he'll keep falling down, and getting back up. And run up Hara's ass with '1000 Days of Pain', and watch his ass fall apart and come back together, over drinks.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.

Last edited by NeoKakarott023; 02-01-2013 at 04:51 PM.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:54 PM   #110
Myth
Kage

Thanked 2,622 Times in 1,635 Posts
Myth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagensyg View Post
Orochimaru's already controlled Hashirma and Tobirama before without any problems, so I don't see the 2nd hokage breaking out of it this time either...
he controlled them with tags u need a seal to control the edo bodies he hasn't placed any seal or tags on them so they are completely free to do what they want kin of like how kabuto at first let certain characters fight freely.

so sorry he isn't controlling anyone nor is he in a state to do so
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:55 PM   #111
Myth
Kage

Thanked 2,622 Times in 1,635 Posts
Myth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really nice

u cannot control the edo's without tags or seals do u guys honestly not read the manga stop pulling shit out of your asses lol. these edo's are free to do what they want. and if madara knew how to reverse it then tobirama can as well easily.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:55 AM   #112
Xethorsiph
Genin

Xethorsiph is an unknown quantity at this point

So having had more time to reflect upon this chapter, I have a few...issues with the Sasuke plotline, ecstatic though I am to see its return.

Orochimaru just happened to have a scroll detailing a secret Jutsu that lets one cut open the stomach of the death God, freeing any souls and other sealed things inside like Orochimaru's arms. His arms that he needs for his jutsus, the thing he's spent his entire life acquiring. Rather than use this scroll, either to amass a legion of the most powerful shinobi ever assembled, sealed or no, or to just get his arms and jutsu back....he just stored it in some secret room in a secret base in the middle of no where.

Juugo and Suigetsu just happened to come across this secret room and find the scroll. Upon seeing the scroll, they immediately recognized it for what it was and could do, despite having presumably limited knowledge of Edo Tensei, and even less about what Shinobi have been sealed and whether it would even be possible to summon them (Remember when Edo's needed DNA of the soul to be conjured?) at all.

They give the scroll to Sasuke, who, admittedly would probably have a better idea about Edo Tensei's capabilities, especially after his very recent encounter with Itachi. Even so, upon seeing the scroll, rather than try to find and use the jutsu himself, he revives Orochimaru to do it instead. Not only did he just somehow know how to do this because fuck you, but he did this despite the fact that Orochimaru's one and only goal for the ENTIRE MANGA up until now was to take over Sasuke's body.

The group then heads off to Konoha, which has somehow been almost completely rebuilt, even Naruto's little "I'm home!" phone tower. In addition to just suddenly rebuilt, the town seems to be populated by Shinobi NOT at the war, which I guess makes sense considering the village wouldn't want to be totally unprotected, but why don't a SINGLE one of these guys stop our lovely group of criminals and super villains? Further more, the group needs a special mask from an Uzumaki shrine, which still exists despite Pain's little cataclysm, and is completely unguarded despite the apparently deity like powers it contains. Then they go to the Uchiha shrine, which also just happened to survive the blast.

....Does this fly for ANYONE? This is...bad, really bad. It's the kind of bad I can like, since I really want to hear what the kages have to say, and Orochimaru being back is one of the only things giving the story hope, but christ.
Xethorsiph is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Xethorsiph For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (02-02-2013)
Old 02-02-2013, 01:21 AM   #113
hillhawk
ANBU

hillhawk is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not sure if anyone had already mentioned/noticed this, but I think it's pretty cool how they paralleled Sasuke's arrival to the village with Naruto's at the beginning of part 2. They're both standing on a water tower looking at the Hokage mountain, and they say almost the exact same thing. While it's probably not too big of a deal, I think it's a decent piece of writing on Kishi's part, and I want to point it out for anyone that didn't realize it yet.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v28/c245/5.html
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v60/c618/7.html
hillhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:34 AM   #114
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillhawk View Post
I'm not sure if anyone had already mentioned/noticed this, but I think it's pretty cool how they paralleled Sasuke's arrival to the village with Naruto's at the beginning of part 2. They're both standing on a water tower looking at the Hokage mountain, and they say almost the exact same thing. While it's probably not too big of a deal, I think it's a decent piece of writing on Kishi's part, and I want to point it out for anyone that didn't realize it yet.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v28/c245/5.html
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v60/c618/7.html
It's been mentioned a couple times. Also, they didn't say almost the exact same thing, they said the complete opposite of each other.

Edit @ Xeth: A couple of minor issues with your rant at the end.

First, the village was being rebuilt with the aid of Yamato's Mokuton skills after it was turned into a parking lot.

Second, the Uzumaki shrine is located some distance from the village. Far enough for no one to have gone to it in years and to have escaped the massive Shinra Tensei.

Third, the Uchiha hideout was located on a mountain on the outskirts of Konoha and the shrine was underground. Nagato's Shinra Tensei was centered on Konoha's central area, so the hideout escaped the blast. The building itself was destroyed by the fight between Sasuke and Itachi, the shrine survived.

Last edited by kael03; 02-02-2013 at 01:47 AM.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (02-02-2013)
Old 02-02-2013, 02:28 AM   #115
nocturnal dream
Academy Student

nocturnal dream is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xethorsiph View Post
So having had more time to reflect upon this chapter, I have a few...issues with the Sasuke plotline, ecstatic though I am to see its return.

Orochimaru just happened to have a scroll detailing a secret Jutsu that lets one cut open the stomach of the death God, freeing any souls and other sealed things inside like Orochimaru's arms. His arms that he needs for his jutsus, the thing he's spent his entire life acquiring. Rather than use this scroll, either to amass a legion of the most powerful shinobi ever assembled, sealed or no, or to just get his arms and jutsu back....he just stored it in some secret room in a secret base in the middle of no where.

Juugo and Suigetsu just happened to come across this secret room and find the scroll. Upon seeing the scroll, they immediately recognized it for what it was and could do, despite having presumably limited knowledge of Edo Tensei, and even less about what Shinobi have been sealed and whether it would even be possible to summon them (Remember when Edo's needed DNA of the soul to be conjured?) at all.

They give the scroll to Sasuke, who, admittedly would probably have a better idea about Edo Tensei's capabilities, especially after his very recent encounter with Itachi. Even so, upon seeing the scroll, rather than try to find and use the jutsu himself, he revives Orochimaru to do it instead. Not only did he just somehow know how to do this because fuck you, but he did this despite the fact that Orochimaru's one and only goal for the ENTIRE MANGA up until now was to take over Sasuke's body.

The group then heads off to Konoha, which has somehow been almost completely rebuilt, even Naruto's little "I'm home!" phone tower. In addition to just suddenly rebuilt, the town seems to be populated by Shinobi NOT at the war, which I guess makes sense considering the village wouldn't want to be totally unprotected, but why don't a SINGLE one of these guys stop our lovely group of criminals and super villains? Further more, the group needs a special mask from an Uzumaki shrine, which still exists despite Pain's little cataclysm, and is completely unguarded despite the apparently deity like powers it contains. Then they go to the Uchiha shrine, which also just happened to survive the blast.

....Does this fly for ANYONE? This is...bad, really bad. It's the kind of bad I can like, since I really want to hear what the kages have to say, and Orochimaru being back is one of the only things giving the story hope, but christ.
It could be literally cow dung and be better than 97% of the war.
nocturnal dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:52 PM   #116
Sagensyg
o/a Lawr

Sagensyg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth View Post
he controlled them with tags u need a seal to control the edo bodies he hasn't placed any seal or tags on them so they are completely free to do what they want kin of like how kabuto at first let certain characters fight freely.

so sorry he isn't controlling anyone nor is he in a state to do so
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth View Post
u cannot control the edo's without tags or seals do u guys honestly not read the manga stop pulling shit out of your asses lol. these edo's are free to do what they want. and if madara knew how to reverse it then tobirama can as well easily.
What the fuck. To say he has absolutely no control over them without any talismans is what's being pulled out of any asses here. You used the Madara example, so note that when Kabuto was showing off Madara's body to Tobi earlier in the manga, Madara didn't run rampant. He was pretty much just a corpse in a coffin and I'm sure Orochimaru has the same control over the Hokages at this point too, even if he hasn't added any talismans.

The talismans just gives him further control over their souls.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #117
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagensyg View Post
What the fuck. To say he has absolutely no control over them without any talismans is what's being pulled out of any asses here. You used the Madara example, so note that when Kabuto was showing off Madara's body to Tobi earlier in the manga, Madara didn't run rampant. He was pretty much just a corpse in a coffin and I'm sure Orochimaru has the same control over the Hokages at this point too, even if he hasn't added any talismans.

The talismans just gives him further control over their souls.
No, the talismans are the only things that give them control over the Edo Tensei. Generally the person brought back is left confused, so they are easily stored in the coffins, kinda like stasis. But the user has no control over them.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:30 PM   #118
Lightning
Genin

Lightning is an unknown quantity at this point

^ I doubt oro will let Tobirama cancel the edo tensei. Though that will be a more exciting twist.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:26 AM   #119
Sagensyg
o/a Lawr

Sagensyg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
No, the talismans are the only things that give them control over the Edo Tensei. Generally the person brought back is left confused, so they are easily stored in the coffins, kinda like stasis. But the user has no control over them.

Hmm I'm getting my info from the anime scenes where Deidara was resurrected to fight Ohnoki.

Kabuto waited quite a bit (let's say a couple hours?) to finally use a talisman on Deidara. Beforehand, Deidara's eyes were completely black, and he created a clay bird to fly towards the island turtle THEN when they got close, Kabuto used a talisman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oark4hhdQc <~ 5:20 to 5:30 and also 6:00 onwards

Not that it's that big of a deal I guess, but I definitely don't think I'm pulling anything out of my ass lol.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:01 AM   #120
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Don't use the anime, ever, as a source. It's not considered canon since the animation team takes liberties from the manga to extend the scenes.

Read the manga, Kabuto always had the talisman in Deidara but never actually used it since he didn't know much about Deidara's combat style and could use him effectively.
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (02-03-2013)