One Piece 698 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 02-05-2013, 05:27 AM   #1
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
One Piece 698

http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/698/3

Enjoy.

Edit: Kudos on who said Aokiji was the shadowy figure.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Last edited by Numinous; 02-05-2013 at 05:37 AM.
Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
Dagoro (02-05-2013), Gakure (02-07-2013), NeoKakarott023 (02-05-2013), Spiegel (02-05-2013)

Old 02-05-2013, 05:40 AM   #2
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road
Re: One Piece 698

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/698/3

Enjoy.

Edit: Kudos on who said Aokiji was the shadowy figure.

Honestly it felt far fetched but it so fitted his demeanor. Glad I said it, though I really wanted to be introduced to a new character. Aokiji is my dude though

I don't get the bolded print on the last page...

"Who is the guy who drove the Admiral away here?"

huh? lol are they saying Dofla drove Aokiji here?

Last edited by apacolypz; 02-05-2013 at 06:11 AM.
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:16 AM   #3
op101
Genin

op101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by apacolypz View Post

"Who is the guy who drove the Admiral away here?"

huh? lol are they saying Dofla drove Aokiji here?
I think they mean why is the guy who drove the admiral away (a.k.a Akainu/Aokiji's fight, although he didn't really drive him away lol) there?
Old 02-05-2013, 06:19 AM   #4
apacolypz
ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by op101 View Post
I think they mean why is the guy who drove the admiral away (a.k.a Akainu/Aokiji's fight, although he didn't really drive him away lol) there?
that fight was forever ago...why would he stay there after so long....also how did he know Smoker was there? He is completely overlooking Dofla lol.....I don't think that is what they meant....that would be stupid....
Old 02-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #5
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Sweet, early release.

This chapter was oozing content. Dfla's DF is now confirmed to be string based ( we all knew but we finally saw them ), and he has CoC.

We find out that the SHs and Law are heading to DR ( He lied to Smoker, it seems to be a rouse ), Dfla's remaining crew members are there so get ready for battle. Kinemon has a friend being held prisoner in DR, that will tie Wano with the current events, and we got an explanation as to why the people whom got caught by Shinokuni didn't die. Like we theorized Dfla is pretty much going to hunt down Law and the SHs, it's the best move he can make right now.

Funny moments here and there and Aokiji arrives. I was hoping it was someone new but this could be great.

Awesome chapter overall.

PS: This should restore some faith back in Dfla since the last chapter.

Edit: Holy shit lol, so much shit in this chapter that this passed me by.

Usopp is doing something to Nami's clima tact

http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/698/18

Nami power up incoming.

Last edited by Dagoro; 02-05-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (02-05-2013)
Old 02-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #6
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
Sweet, early release.

This chapter was oozing content. Dfla's DF is now confirmed to be string based ( we all knew but we finally saw them ), and he has CoC.

We find out that the SHs and Law are heading to DR ( He lied to Smoker, it seems to be a rouse ), Dfla's remaining crew members are there so get ready for battle. Kinemon has a friend being held prisoner in DR, that will tie Wano with the current events, and we got an explanation as to why the people whom got caught by Shinokuni didn't die. Like we theorized Dfla is pretty much going to hunt down Law and the SHs, it's the best move he can make right now.

Funny moments here and there and Aokiji arrives. I was hoping it was someone new but this could be great.

Awesome chapter overall.

PS: This should quell the people who tossed Dfla in the trash bin after the last chapter. The dude came in raping everyone.

Edit: Holy shit lol, so much shit in this chapter that this passed me by.

Usopp is doing something to Nami's clima tact

Nami power up incoming.
It was an awesome chapter, I called the Aokiji because if Don Flamingo ran up against either the SH's with Law, or the Marines with Smoker, or even together, after the battles they just fought, they're would be a lot of death. Aokiji is a stop gap manuver to keep characters alive. I don't think Don wants a fight right now with Aokiji, so Smoker just got some newer scars, that about it. Finally Law explains the plot, the plan, cool.

Btw cool way to add Conquerers Haki to an maniacal slaughterhouse.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.

Last edited by NeoKakarott023; 02-05-2013 at 09:30 AM.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #7
Numinous

Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
PS: This should quell the people who tossed Dfla in the trash bin after the last chapter. The dude came in raping everyone.
Beware of the strawman there, Dagoro, but I agree, this chapter did make up for the slip of last chapter.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #8
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Quote:
Beware of the strawman there, Dagoro
I meant no disrespect, bad wording on my part.

In other news, Nami is wearing a shirt.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #9
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

What the fuck is Franky wearing? And what's with the hair?

Decent rest of chapter. A plan is shaping up which is good... means Luffy can wreck it completely. Hoping to see the rest of Law's crew soon.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #10
Numinous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
What the fuck is Franky wearing? And what's with the hair?
He's clearly cosplaying as Pippi Longstocking. Because shut up.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #11
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

MS version.

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/72194515/1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-05-2013), NeoKakarott023 (02-05-2013)
Old 02-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #12
-SassyLady-
Dysfunctional Sweetheart

Thanked 1,398 Times in 877 Posts
-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough

Oh my I got shivers just seeing Doflamingo looking angry, but can he last since Aokiji has appeared? Strategy is in motion & tempers are flaring <3
Old 02-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #13
apacolypz
ANBU

looks like Dofla is using his strings with armament haki. I see blood slices across Smokers face...seems kinda legit since Smoker is .....smoke...he could pass through...I am also assuming he was being held down by Dofla's DF ability. Yeah Franky's outfit was quite abnormal lol.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #14
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,770 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Franky's constant hair changes is getting to me now. I enjoyed every moment Law makes that face of regret every time Luffy starts talking. lol

Doflamingo was redeemed this chapter which was great. Smoker got pretty fucked up here. Wonder if he'll his face will get scarred up. It can't be a coincidence that Aokiji showed up right before Smoker get dealt the final blow. I wonder how Oda will tell that bit. So that samurai guy will be tagging a long for a bit. Kinda feels like Baroque Works.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:29 PM   #15
dmaner
Academy Student

dmaner is an unknown quantity at this point

Agree with apacolypz that Doflamingo must be using Armament Haki if he was able to beat Smoker. Just noticed that Dofla is sitting victorious on top of Smoker and is interrupted by Kuzan in reference to Smoker sitting on top of Luffy and being interrupted by Dragon back in Loguetown. Always enjoy the connections.

Also noticed that Dofla dodged Smoker's initial punch with his back turned to him which must mean he also has Observation Haki. Add that to the now confirmed Conqueror's Haki, and that makes Dofla the perfect match up for Luffy since both are able to use all three versions of Haki. I can picture Dofla beating Luffy in their first battle similar to Crocodile beating Luffy since most like Spiegel stated believe this arc is similar to Baroque Works. Still interested in more information on Dofla's DF string ability. Could be a nasty match against Luffy since he has always been weak to blades/slicing weapons due to his DF rubber abilities.

On one final note, I do love Oda's attention to detail throughout the manga. Did we need to know what happened to the Mini Merry? No, but he covers his bases anyways. Same with Nami, Usopp's, and Chopper's usual vote as the three weakest crew members, and Zorro's comment that taking on the Four Yonkou's was good news. If I haven't said before, love this manga! The tension keeps building, but Oda always pays attention to character development and continuity throughout unlike my old favorite manga...
dmaner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dmaner For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-05-2013), Gakure (02-07-2013), NeoKakarott023 (02-05-2013), SirBenoit (02-05-2013)