Yonkou_Power_Levels - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 02-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #1
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Yonkou_Power_Levels

An interesting thought occurred to me when reading chapter 698. Law was explaining how each of the Yonkou held certain territories (which we already knew), and how each of them had been growing them even more in recent months/years. This got me thinking about what the power rankings of the 4 Yonkou might be, and whether they have changed since before the time skip.
Note: I'm not talking about them as individuals here, but rather the combined strength of their fleet and allies.

We know that when White Beard was alive he was called the "the closest man to one piece" which could also be considered as suggesting he was the strongest of the Yonkou. The fact that he had a fleet of 1600 men himself in addition to the 20+ allies/vassals ships that showed up at Marineford was likely the key reason for this. After WB's death we don't know what happened to his crew, but I would make a guess that they may have allied with shanks, thus boosting the overall strength of the latter.

If that is indeed the case, then the other Yonkou would have to react accordingly. Big Mam probably incorporated several of WB's old allies, since she also seems to have taken some of his old territory (Fishman Island) as well. BB already has an ungodly strong crew after the addition of the criminals he broke out of Impel down, and I think he was mentioned as recruiting DF users as well. This just leaves Kaido. I can't help to think that his deal with Joker and Ceasar to develop artificial DF's for his crew wasn't so much a crafty ploy to give him a edge over his competition, so much as it was a desperate plan to help him keep up.

For this reason I believe Kaido may actually be the weakest link among the Yonkou in overall crew strength, and thus a good choice on Oda's part to make him the first major enemy of the SH's. If the SH's and Law's crew together only have a 30% chance at victory against the weakest Yonkou, then there is still plenty of room for further character development in the future, which is a good thing IMO.

So what's everyone predictions on the Yonkou rankings? Mine are:

1. Black Beard
2. Shanks
3. Big Mam
4. Kaido

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #2
J-man123
Supernova

J-man123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Yonkou_Power_Levels

Shanks
BigMam
Kaido
BB
I will post why later
J-man123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #3
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

It's unrealistic for BB to get so many followers so quickly, thus I don't like that Oda gave him the title of Yonkou just to ensure that he is one of the biggest threats.

I mean, sure, his crew is undoubtedly among the most powerful crews in the world, just look at the people he gathered, but the Yonkou are a bit more than that. Even if BB's crew is stronger then one Emperor's own crew (not counting those countless smaller crews and divisions with their captains) it's not the status he should get without being in the NW for some years.

Aside from that, I completely agree with you AMA. I'd go with Shanks having the strongest and largest fleet, but BB will have the edge when it comes to crew strength. I always thought BB will be the one to kill Shanks anyway.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-11-2013), Numinous (02-11-2013)
Old 02-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #4
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road

I would agree Kaido's fleet may be the weakest. I wouldn't say Black Beard is on the top. Reason so BB could easily just over take and defeat Shanks/Crew. Big Ma'am doesn't seem the sort to interfere if a battle occurred. The only issue here is Law saying Kaido being the strongest. BB is too ruthless to allow Shanks any room for comfort. He would rather deal with people more to his liking and trade.

I think

1. Shanks
2. Black Beard
3. Big Ma'am
4. Kaido

Hoping Oda follows suit and it would make sense story wise

Kaido first cause duh..fits in with current Arc
Big Ma'am second because she will corner Luffy/Law crew in the NW and the second arc of the NW will take place after Dofla, Kaido. Then Luffy heads out to take on BB for his brothers sake. Taking on new Territories Luffy will build even more recognition. Maybe at this point he has already turned down an offer to be apart of the WG-12. Then lastly fighting Shanks, his friend and last hill to climb...

Knowing Oda though this would probably make too much sense and throw us for a loop
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:36 PM   #5
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
An interesting thought occurred to me when reading chapter 698. Law was explaining how each of the Yonkou held certain territories (which we already knew), and how each of them had been growing them even more in recent months/years. This got me thinking about what the power rankings of the 4 Yonkou might be, and whether they have changed since before the time skip.
Note: I'm not talking about them as individuals here, but rather the combined strength of their fleet and allies.

We know that when White Beard was alive he was called the "the closest man to one piece" which could also be considered as suggesting he was the strongest of the Yonkou. The fact that he had a fleet of 1600 men himself in addition to the 20+ allies/vassals ships that showed up at Marineford was likely the key reason for this. After WB's death we don't know what happened to his crew, but I would make a guess that they may have allied with shanks, thus boosting the overall strength of the latter.

If that is indeed the case, then the other Yonkou would have to react accordingly. Big Mam probably incorporated several of WB's old allies, since she also seems to have taken some of his old territory (Fishman Island) as well. BB already has an ungodly strong crew after the addition of the criminals he broke out of Impel down, and I think he was mentioned as recruiting DF users as well. This just leaves Kaido. I can't help to think that his deal with Joker and Ceasar to develop artificial DF's for his crew wasn't so much a crafty ploy to give him a edge over his competition, so much as it was a desperate plan to help him keep up.

For this reason I believe Kaido may actually be the weakest link among the Yonkou in overall crew strength, and thus a good choice on Oda's part to make him the first major enemy of the SH's. If the SH's and Law's crew together only have a 30% chance at victory against the weakest Yonkou, then there is still plenty of room for further character development in the future, which is a good thing IMO.

So what's everyone predictions on the Yonkou rankings? Mine are:

1. Black Beard
2. Shanks
3. Big Mam
4. Kaido
Mine...
1. Shanks - he generally walked into Marinford and said... quit this is done. Nobody moved toward him..... nobody, not even BB with even WB's power.
Additionally someone in the manga having his status so long gives creedance, especially after the time skip.

2. Kaido - everyone has spoke of this Dude with fear in they're mouth, even before BB was on the move, additionally since BB didn't come get some, tells me he's a problem.

3. BB - he'll eventually get one of the top 2, and how the manga's written prolly Shanks whilst Luffy & Co. take out Kaido.

4. Big Mam - gonna be a side arc kinda boss like Moria, not going to last, the joke of all the Yonkou. Bosses are known for more than beating up the Fishman Island's for candy, this Broad needs to get off'd with her sloppy looking arse.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #6
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

What is wrong with BB rising to such levels of power so quickly ?

The man was not a rookie. He sailed with WB for years so he was always in the NW. He has 2 of the most powerful DFs in the series under his command, and more importantly he had a plan, one that was years in the making.

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/650/7

Shit, Shanks himself took an injury from BB, and that was before he had the gura gura no mi, so the guy is no joke.

http://www.mangapanda.com/103-2541-1...apter-434.html

Given the knowledge and experience he gained while with the WB pirates it's not surprising that he was able to make the right moves and be recognized as one of the four so quickly.

Quote:
Knowing Oda though this would probably make too much sense and throw us for a loop
.....wut ?

BB stated at the end of MF that the time would come for him to take on Shanks. Shanks is not only one of Luffy's friends and benchmarks, but he has beef with BB, evident by the talk he had with WB when Ace left to take revenge on BB in WB's name. He will most likely be killed by BB, raising the stakes in the inevitable Luffy vs BB fight.

Anyway, my ranking is:

Shanks
BM
Kaidou

I won't even rank BB yet, but one thing that can't be forgotten is that these 4 keep each other at bay. The difference in power will not be enormous, though a hierarchy most likely exists. Kaidou met with Shanks on his way to intercept WB before the war took place and lived. That supports the small power gap from my point of view.

Last edited by Dagoro; 02-11-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:39 PM   #7
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
What is wrong with BB rising to such levels of power so quickly ?

The man was not a rookie. He sailed with WB for years so he was always in the NW. He has 2 of the most powerful DFs in the series under his command, and more importantly he had a plan, one that was years in the making.

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/650/7

Shit, Shanks himself took an injury from BB, and that was before he had the gura gura no mi, so the guy is no joke.

Given the knowledge and experience he gained while with the WB pirates it's not surprising that he was able to make the right moves and be recognized as one of the four so quickly.

.....wut ?

BB stated at the end of MF that the time would come for him to take on Shanks. Shanks is not only one of Luffy's friends and benchmarks, but he has beef with BB, evident by the talk he had with WB when Ace left to take revenge on BB in WB's name. He will most likely be killed by BB, raising the stakes in the inevitable Luffy vs BB fight.

Anyway, my ranking is:

Shanks
BM
Kaidou

I won't even rank BB yet, but one thing that can't be forgotten is that these 4 keep each other at bay. The difference in power will not be enormous, though a hierarchy most likely exists. Kaidou met with Shanks on his way to intercept WB before the war took place and lived. That supports the small power gap from my point of view.
You gave some luv to BM, why, not saying she's gonna be a bum, but prolly the easiest out amongst all of them.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #8
-SassyLady-
Dysfunctional Sweetheart

Thanked 1,398 Times in 877 Posts
-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough

What's kinda funny some people from other forums I lounge about in, say that Big Mam is the weakest link instead Kaidou. Quite frankly I think top dogs are Shanks (no doubt #1), Kaidou, then Big Mam.

True BB has strong crew members with intimidating atmospheres and ruler of the world ego. I can't help but think for some little reason that he is not all that strong and hyped up from what people may think. I'm not ranking him just yet, I'll await to see what more events shall unfold in the future.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #9
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Another thing to consider about BB's strength is also his body's physiology which WB stated as being abnormal. Is that the reason why he's able to duel wield devil fruits? Is that how he was able to survive Ace's onslaught of flame attacks sin their battle, even though he had the yami yami no mi fruit which doesn't make his body intangible like most other logia fruits and doubles his damage intake. BB's strength and power is still wrapped in a bit of mystery which makes it difficult for me to rank him with the others.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #10
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

BB is a damage sponge, even more so than Usopp.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #11
Spiegel
Pirate King

Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Quote:
BB is a damage sponge, even more so than Usopp.
I don't know. Until he gets a 4 ton baseball bat to the face and lives then Usopp keeps the title of damage king. lol
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Old 02-11-2013, 09:13 PM   #12
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

He took a point blank earthquake to the neck when WB pinned him down and survived.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:18 PM   #13
Spiegel
Pirate King

Since Usopp is a regular human his damage intake impresses me more but I see your point. BB is damage king.
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Old 02-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #14
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Zoro is the blood bank king lol. The dude has lost gallons in the course of the series.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #15
Spiegel
Pirate King

Quote:
Zoro is the blood bank king lol. The dude has lost gallons in the course of the series.
Sanji came dangerously close to stealing that title, although in a perverted way. I still laugh at the episode during the Little Garden arc where Zoro tried to cut his feet off to escape from Mr. 3 candle wax cake.
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*