One piece 699 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 02-20-2013, 06:41 AM   #1
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,272 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
One piece 699

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/699/2

Enjoy.

Oda you fucking tease. Damn, I wanted a skirmish at least.

This was a good set up chapter. The good coming from Momonosuke lol, that kid is awesome, styling on Robin and Nami while the adults can only dream. Another interesting bit was the stuff regarding Aokiji.

Is he with the revolutionaries perhaps ? Maybe he formed his own group ?

Dfla gave up his title, but something tells me that it isn't as simple as it looks. W/e Vergo said about him to Law has yet to surface, he won't be dethroned so easily.

So with Dfla gone does this mean that Vergo and Monet are confirmed dead ?

2 deaths in OP on the same arc ? What is happening ???

Edit: Great color page and awesome Penguin there Kuzan, lol. Cool to see that Kinemon recognized Ryuuma's sword, Oda might expand on that in Wano.

Last edited by Dagoro; 02-20-2013 at 06:56 AM.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-20-2013), NeoKakarott023 (02-20-2013), Numinous (02-20-2013), Shrike (02-20-2013)

Old 02-20-2013, 07:06 AM   #2
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road
Re: One piece 699

So what was up with the little bird and Penguin? Very nice exchange between Smoker and Ajioki. Great info chapter! LOL at Momo chan and Robin and Nami....Also the duel between Kin and Zoro....Dofla is the King as we all predicted....So what will be his next move?
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:08 AM   #3
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

The penguin and Momonosuke made this chapter. Also didn't expect Doflamingo to abide to Law's blackmail, which makes me think he has something on his sleeve. But that raises the question: why get so pissed at Law if he had a backup plan?

Good transitional chapter.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (02-20-2013)
Old 02-20-2013, 07:11 AM   #4
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Quote:
Also the duel between Kin and Zoro
What was cool about that is that Kinemon referenced the grave robbery of Ryuma's grave, it makes me wonder how Moria accomplished that. Maybe he sent doppleman under the cloak of night since the country is supposed to be well guarded.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:11 AM   #5
uzumakinagato
Chuunin

uzumakinagato is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
The penguin and Momonosuke made this chapter. Also didn't expect Doflamingo to abide to Law's blackmail, which makes me think he has something on his sleeve. But that raises the question: why get so pissed at Law if he had a backup plan?

Good transitional chapter.
You gotta keep in mind that Smoker is gonna depatch the admirals.

So even if doflamingo didn't do this, there was a good chance he was gonna lose his position anyways because of what Smoker was gonna do and tell the navy (WG)

The eclips, damn that was fucked up....
uzumakinagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:16 AM   #6
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,848 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

I have been waiting for this. Great chapter. I also wanted a short exchange of blows but eh, I can live with this. I am surprised at everything that happened. DD actually quit (well, he had to because he had to leave Smoker alive), but he took Law down with him AND made the Marines aware of his alliance, which is pretty much drawing a target on them.

King? He is actually a king. Not just the king of the underworld, a real goddamn king. Huh, didn't see that coming.

Momonosuke made this chapter. I actually lol'd when he made that face. Fucking epic kid right there.

Now when they were mentioned, I wonder what the other SN alliance is up to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apacolypz View Post
Dofla is the King as we all predicted....
What? Nobody predicted that he will be a fucking king. We all thought he was some kind of royalty, but king? Nobody.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-20-2013), NeoKakarott023 (02-20-2013), Scientia (02-20-2013)
Old 02-20-2013, 07:19 AM   #7
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

I wonder who reveled Kidd's alliance to the press.

So what do you guys predict for the big 700 ?

My money is on us seeing Kaidou.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:21 AM   #8
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Kaidou or the new Admirals (Kuzan told Smoker to send the Admirals after DD).

Also, did you guys noticed that in the end when Law is calling Doflamingo that DD is just sitting there and reading a book, not giving a fuck? What's up with that?

Edit: @Num : He was pissed at Law and wanted to hunt him and Luffy down, staying a Warlord, but after needing to let Smoker live, he had to "change his course of action" as he said it himself.

Last edited by Shrike; 02-20-2013 at 07:25 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Numinous (02-20-2013)
Old 02-20-2013, 07:25 AM   #9
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

He has a safety net, the guy is incredibly influential, there is no way he will go down like this.

Law's SB titled should be revoked after this.

Lol, dudes this is freaking awesome.

Last edited by Dagoro; 02-20-2013 at 07:28 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
Buck09 (02-20-2013)
Old 02-20-2013, 07:46 AM   #10
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

^Is that, what, Ussop?

I gotta ask, whose hand is approaching the den den mushi in the end? Is that Doflamingo answering? But whose face is that in the last panel? I don't understand shit.

Last edited by Shrike; 02-20-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:13 AM   #11
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
I gotta ask, whose hand is approaching the den den mushi in the end? Is that Doflamingo answering? But whose face is that in the last panel? I don't understand shit.
I think Doflamingo answered it and the face in the last panel is of the den den mushi. You can see a tentacle coming out of the left.

Quote:
Edit: @Num : He was pissed at Law and wanted to hunt him and Luffy down, staying a Warlord, but after needing to let Smoker live, he had to "change his course of action" as he said it himself.
Yeah, makes sense.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
Scientia (02-20-2013), Shrike (02-20-2013)
Old 02-20-2013, 08:22 AM   #12
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
I think Doflamingo answered it and the face in the last panel is of the den den mushi. You can see a tentacle coming out of the left.
The mushi doesn't have the nose or those eyes though:

Edit: It could still be the mushi, dunno. Really confused here.

Last edited by Shrike; 02-20-2013 at 08:24 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Senkradlol (02-20-2013)
Old 02-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #13
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
^Is that, what, Ussop?

I think its the Hawkins Pirate that made the Alliance with Kidd, or get ready... Dragon, his eyes are nearly the same sleepy droopy looking.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #14
Senkradlol
Chuunin

Senkradlol is an unknown quantity at this point

You can tell it's Dofla by the cuffs around his wrist, unless someone else is wearing something similar of course.

I'm really put off by his IDGAF about anything attitude..really confused, but I guess we'll see..?
Senkradlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #15
-SassyLady-
Dysfunctional Sweetheart

Thanked 1,398 Times in 877 Posts
-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough

Not too bad. The bath time w/ Robin made me giggle. Figured they wouldn't fight, but a few punches would've been nice. ^^

So he's stepping down eh? Wonder what else he'll do next, up his sleeve.

Last edited by -SassyLady-; 02-20-2013 at 10:21 AM.
-SassyLady- is offline   Reply With Quote