SSJ God form. - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 02-22-2013, 05:10 PM   #1
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
SSJ God form.

It has been confirmed that Goku will have a new ( apparently canon ) SSJ God form in the upcoming movie.

I can already see the SSJ God Goku vs Superman prime 1 million rematches.

Also new trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D_d4...ature=youtu.be
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-24-2013), NeoKakarott023 (02-23-2013), UchihaTaijiya (02-24-2013)

Old 02-22-2013, 05:43 PM   #2
-SassyLady-
Dysfunctional Sweetheart

Thanked 1,398 Times in 877 Posts
-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough
Re: SSJ God form.

Huh, never even knew a new movie was coming out.

Seems he gets new upgrades left & right. Looks interesting though.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #3
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Piccolo singing karaoke? I am so down for this movie.

But God, do I hate Goku's Japanese voice. Holy fucking shit.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:07 PM   #4
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Buck09 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja View Post
Piccolo singing karaoke? I am so down for this movie.

But God, do I hate Goku's Japanese voice. Holy fucking shit.
Completely agree with you there, DBZ is one of the few animes were I prefer the DUB over the SUB. Although I prefer Frieza's voice in the Sub to the Dub.
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Kamina: Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

(All quotes from one of my favourite Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Buck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #5
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,770 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
It has been confirmed that Goku will have a new ( apparently canon ) SSJ God form in the upcoming movie.

I can already see the SSJ God Goku vs Superman prime 1 million rematches.

Also new trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D_d4...ature=youtu.be
Apparent its set a year or so after the tournament where Goku meets Uub. He's fighting against Egyptian gods that can effortlessly stop Goku while ib his SSJ3 form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
I want to hear a version of that with all the grunts and shouts replaced by goat screaming: http://www.wimp.com/goatsyelling/
How is that any different than Goku's Japanese dub?
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*

Last edited by Spiegel; 02-23-2013 at 12:30 AM.
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #6
killerrabbit9
Chuunin

killerrabbit9 will become famous soon enoughkillerrabbit9 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiegel View Post
Apparent its set a year or so after the tournament where Goku meets Uub. He's fighting against Egyptian gods that can effortlessly stop Goku while ib his SSJ3 form.
Actually its set sometime in the 10 years between when Goku defeats Buu and the tournament where Uub appears.

Also in the trailer it looks like there is some Great Ape form action. I hope the new form isn't SS4.

According to ANN its coming out in Japan on March 30 and it will also have an IMAX release which is a first for an anime movie.

Last edited by killerrabbit9; 02-23-2013 at 10:47 AM.
killerrabbit9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #7
jafar3001
Genin

jafar3001 is an unknown quantity at this point

The Japanese government is directly funding this movie, which is another first. The emperor or president or whatever the fuck they have over there must be a huge DBZ fan.
jafar3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #8
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerrabbit9 View Post
Also in the trailer it looks like there is some Great Ape form action. I hope the new form isn't SS4.
Not a huge fan of the Dragonball GT Anime storyline, but that was one of the few things I actually enjoyed... the design of SS4 Goku and Vegeta. I liked the hybrid ape/human characteristics... shoulder and arms so hairy, it appears as sleeves.

I'm actually surprised that someone hasn't tried to resurrect the Dragonball storylines yet again for continuations considering how "strong" Naruto and Bleach is going as well as One Piece and Fairy Tail (I don't read One Piece yet, but from what I've heard from personal friends and acquaintances, it's quality level has dropped like the rest).
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:04 AM   #9
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

@ j_h: One Piece, although it did drop from what it was before the time-skip, the drop isn't the fucking dive Naruto and Bleach took. A recent bad chapter of One Piece is still equivalent to an average recent chapter of Naruto.

As for why nobody is resurrecting Dragonball storylines right now, it's both because the franchise already has a fair amount of tiredness and it's known Toriyama is fed up with it. And lastly, but not least, people who read manga and are going away from the ol' Big 3 will want something new, not something that has been recycled for 20+ years.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:25 AM   #10
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
@ j_h: One Piece, although it did drop from what it was before the time-skip, the drop isn't the fucking dive Naruto and Bleach took. A recent bad chapter of One Piece is still equivalent to an average recent chapter of Naruto.

As for why nobody is resurrecting Dragonball storylines right now, it's both because the franchise already has a fair amount of tiredness and it's known Toriyama is fed up with it. And lastly, but not least, people who read manga and are going away from the ol' Big 3 will want something new, not something that has been recycled for 20+ years.
I don't know the validity and/or seriousness of what I'm about to tell you, but I know a guy who takes manga/comics even more seriously than KYF, and he was saying that (can't remember if it was Shonen or some other manga publication) was looking to buy the rights to Dragonball and hire another "big time" manga author like Kishi, Hiro, or Kubo to write another storyline arc or two. He was saying the project probably won't make jack-squat in Japan, but in the remaining large markets, apparently the business heads believe that this manga could out-do Naruto (and as much as it disgusts us, Naruto rakes in huge loads of $$$$$$ in the markets outside of Japan.... last I heard, it was the 2nd top selling comic/manga to Marvel in the U.S., and makes far more money than all Marvel and DC games and toys in the U.S.).
Old 02-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #11
Numinous

Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

I'm highly skeptical of such being truth because:
  1. If a renowned mangaka was trying to buy Dragonball from Toriyama, everyone and their mothers would know about it. Yoshiyuki Tomino sold Gundam back in the day and none of it was in the shadows.
  2. Japanese authors, be them of manga or games, usually don't give a flying fuck about US/Europe. Various artists, including Kishimoto, have said they had no idea of their success beyond the islands of the rising sun, so saying that a Japanese mangaka is intending to do a manga that does not cater at all Japan is kind of preposterous.
And, in my opinion, if a new Dragonball storyline was to be produced with the western audiences in mind, I'd be utterly terrified. The amount of franchise pieces from Japan with such premise in mind and failed horribly at it outnumber by far the ones that succeeded.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:28 AM   #12
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

I doubt DB would do well in today's anime/manga environment. The nostalgia and fame to its name would carry it for a little while, but in contrast to what is available today the DB verse is incredibly linear, and pretty much dead in the water when it comes to possible ways to innovate it.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:18 PM   #13
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Quote:
I doubt DB would do well in today's anime/manga environment. The nostalgia and fame to its name would carry it for a little while, but in contrast to what is available today the DB verse is incredibly linear, and pretty much dead in the water when it comes to possible ways to innovate it.
I would agree with you... but look at Naruto and Bleach. Comics/mangas that have an intriguing storyline that aren't linear and/or a clusterf#ck is rare, and those that do fit this criteria aren't well known or published. Look at FMA: Brotherhood and One Piece compared to Naruto, Bleach, and Dragonball. And this is only in the action-sphere so-to-speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous
I'm highly skeptical of such being truth because:

1. If a renowned mangaka was trying to buy Dragonball from Toriyama, everyone and their mothers would know about it. Yoshiyuki Tomino sold Gundam back in the day and none of it was in the shadows.
2. Japanese authors, be them of manga or games, usually don't give a flying fuck about US/Europe. Various artists, including Kishimoto, have said they had no idea of their success beyond the islands of the rising sun, so saying that a Japanese mangaka is intending to do a manga that does not cater at all Japan is kind of preposterous.

And, in my opinion, if a new Dragonball storyline was to be produced with the western audiences in mind, I'd be utterly terrified. The amount of franchise pieces from Japan with such premise in mind and failed horribly at it outnumber by far the ones that succeeded.
I understand everything you're saying... but there is an old saying.... $$$$ talks and bullsh!t walks. When Dragonball Z was being played on Cartoon Network's Toonami back in the day, the Dragonball Z franchise pulled in roughly 1/2 of a $100 Million. This was back in the late 90's, early 00's. On an annual basis, the Naruto franchise makes well more than $100 Million now a days per year. And this is in the U.S. alone.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:23 PM   #14
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
But because of the drop off in Naruto, and it's obviously ending at some point within the next 2 years at least, Bleach quicker, and no animes, it could have a place. Soul Eater barely hit regular TV, and it comes out monthly, so if they're were some 'go getta's' with some good ideas to carry DB, it could work. No guarantee's for longevity, but it would last at least a while.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #15
Numinous

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekyl_hyde View Post
I understand everything you're saying... but there is an old saying.... $$$$ talks and bullsh!t walks. When Dragonball Z was being played on Cartoon Network's Toonami back in the day, the Dragonball Z franchise pulled in roughly 1/2 of a $100 Million. This was back in the late 90's, early 00's. On an annual basis, the Naruto franchise makes well more than $100 Million now a days per year. And this is in the U.S. alone.
You are assuming Japanese people act like US people. They are by average much more nationalistic than the US and normally the authors/editors behind pieces of media make decisions based on the Japanese market/fanbase alone, not even acknowledging a worldwide market/fanbase. Heck, many franchises with a good chunk of worldwide following have rushed their endings because they were doing poorly.

Furthermore, the cash cow goalpost of the manga media now is One Piece, which racks up 100~150 million per year on Japan ALONE and outsold Dragonball years ago (and let's not even talk about the absolute batshit insanity around One Piece that has taken Japan by assault). That's what mangakas and manga magazines are after now, and even some have emulated aspects of One Piece to try to steal some thunder (Kishimoto included, with the failure of a humor he has been coming up with since the Armadillo Dick incident). I'd even dare to say most of them have no idea One Piece lacks the punch it has in Japan outside of it borders.

So I'd only find the claim of your friend at least veritable if it was a comic book author from the US/Europe who would want to buy Dragonball and make it a cash cow outside of Japan. Or a mangaka/magazine on the brink of bankruptcy and desperate for a last stand.