Bleach 528 - Page 4 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Bleach Series > Bleach Manga

Bleach Manga Talk about the manga series of Bleach here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #46
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,695
Thanks: 4,761
Thanked 8,722 Times in 3,844 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Bleach 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by apacolypz View Post
I stand corrected. I thought Shiba fell after Kaien died?
It did.

Quote:
I thought the ryoka invasion was over 100 years before Kaien became Lieutenant?
I'm going to assume "before" = "after" and this would be false. My own timeline is a little off. Rukia was sent to the human world ~40 years after she was adopted into the Kuchiki family/placed in the 13th division (she automatically graduated and was placed as soon as she was adopted). Kaien was killed somewhere in that time frame.

Quote:
obviously Rukia did not know Is shin.
This one I can't explain. The only shinigami that seem to remember who Isshin is are Yourichi, Urahara, and Aizen.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 02-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #47
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin
 
jekyl_hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,362
Thanks: 763
Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road
Re: Bleach 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
The only shinigami that seem to remember who Isshin is are Yourichi, Urahara, and Aizen.
Being that those are the only characters that have said anything (or made an inference) to Ichigo about Isshin, it makes me think Isshin was Zero squad.

It's been stated that Urahara has been to the Zero squad's land (copying the hot bath thing). I'm beginning to theorize that Yoruichi has always been a liaison to the Spirit King, and Kisuke was her top operative (or even he was possibly Zero squad).

This is one flashback series I really wish Kubo would write... there is just so much potential with Isshin.
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #48
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,695
Thanks: 4,761
Thanked 8,722 Times in 3,844 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Bleach 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekyl_hyde View Post
Being that those are the only characters that have said anything (or made an inference) to Ichigo about Isshin, it makes me think Isshin was Zero squad.
Never said he wasn't. Said it was unlikely given how powerful the members of Zero Squad are.

Quote:
I'm beginning to theorize that Yoruichi has always been a liaison to the Spirit King, and Kisuke was her top operative (or even he was possibly Zero squad).
Except we know this to be false. Yoruichi was the former captain of the 2nd Division (before Soi Fon) as of 110 years ago. Urahara was the former 3rd seat of the 2nd Division before he was promoted to captain of the 12th. They held these spots until they went into exile following Aizen creating the Vizards.

Being in Zero Squad is a promotion from Captain. They abandoned their captain seats.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #49
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing
 
ask me anything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Impel Down
Posts: 3,205
Thanks: 9,038
Thanked 3,660 Times in 1,601 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Bleach 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekyl_hyde View Post
It's been stated that Urahara has been to the Zero squad's land (copying the hot bath thing).
When was this stated? Isn't it more likely that Urahara knew the guy before he was promoted to Zero squad and copied his technique then.
__________________

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (02-28-2013)
Old 02-28-2013, 04:35 PM   #50
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin
 
jekyl_hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,362
Thanks: 763
Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road
Re: Bleach 528

@kael
Please understand that not every time you are quoted is meant to be a direct rebuttal to your statement. Your statement provoked my imagination, and thought happened. My statement was just a continuation (piggyback) off of your's, which I do appreciate .

@ask me anything
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v53/c519/18.html

I did say that this was all a theory. I mean, unless Kubo is shitting on Isshin about having him almost on his deathbed before he meets Masaki (which is possible.... it's Kubo afterall); I'm betting Isshin was Zero squad, he used the Final Getsuga Tenshou losing his shinigami powers, he then is in a confrontation with some hollow, is almost killed and Masaki is the one who saves him. Urahara and Yoruichi, knowing Isshin, transfer some of their reiatsu, along with Masaki and possibly Uryuu's father, allowing him to re-attain his shinigami powers.

It's a theory... an imaginative theory.


On another note, think Kubo will follow up with Ichigo's sister starting to realize some of the family traits?
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:35 PM   #51
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage
 
Konnaha_yellow_flash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 7,810
Thanks: 853
Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all
Re: Bleach 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
I'm not saying he didn't. I'm saying he wasn't the 10th Division captain.
With what proof? right, that you THINK he could not be the former 10th squad captian because the manga does not actually state that he was not.

Quote:
Except the manga, and mangaka, stated otherwise. Shunsui said the former 10th division captain was killed in battle. The databook, written by Kubo, stated that the captain spot was vacant from the Turn Back the Pendulum arc to the point that Toshiro took over.
Again, ishiin is already shown very injured and thus could have been mistaken as dead or even faked his death by the healing of his soon to be wife, quincy kurosaki...
The manga has Ishiin in just the right position to be that captain through a little twist.

Quote:
I go where the manga points. The facts state that Isshin is not the former 10th division captain.
The "facts"?? Unless the manga blatantly states that Ishiin was not the former 10th squad captain then he could actually still be him. You yourself understand that the manga stated that...

: the former captain was killed in combat right around the time of the turn back the Pendulum arc.

: Ishiin is a captain as shown by his shinigami get-up.

: That quincies and shinigami can live for long long periods of time. Easily 100 years...

: That is was not till 20 years ago that Ishiin decided to give up only his shinigami powers. Which is likely due to his deciding to start a family with his GF Quincy and live as a Human.

: Ishiin is close friends with Urahara, the one person who has already faked the deaths of the other vizards and thus could of for Ishiin as well.

: Ishiin is freaking Aizens level as a shinigami, thus not someone to just disappear from the S.S. without a single mention or story about him. Especially if it was only 20 years ago. Only the Death or the prevalent belief of his death could make it so the S.S. would not search or mention such a powerful shinigami that just went missing.

Manga FACTS suggest that Ishiin could easily be the unknown former 10th squad captain. As opposed to an unknown captain that just went missing 20 years ago without so much as a mention by the S.S or search.

Quote:
I don't complain about you missing logic and facts. I flat out state that you ignore logic and facts for your own twisted ideals.
I "Ignore" them, yous say... For my own twisted Ideals... Really! Whether Ishiin is the unknown former 10th squad captain or not means squat to me!!! I am merely pointing out that he "COULD BE" considering the manga "FACTS".

No, it is you who is "ignoring" Logic and facts if you truly believe Ishiin "Cannot Be" that unknown 10th squad former captain considering all the right circumstances are there for it to come to pass.

I am subjectively claiming a possibility while you are objectively claiming a certainty.

Me: Ishiin "could" be.

You: Ishiin "Is" not.

So explain to me again who is "ignoring" logic and facts for their own twisted Ideals.. Yea... It's You... You... YOU!!!

Quote:
Right, I'm "horribly misinterpreting" manga panels that say "the 10th division captain met an untimely demise" and databook pages that state "seat was vacant for some time until Toshiro stepped in" because I have some preconceived notion that everything you say is wrong.
No, you clearly have the preconceived notion that Ishiin '"IS" Not that unknown captain. Probably because ever since you learned he gave up his shinigami powers 20 years ago. You automatically assume that is when he left the S.S. And not a while before then finally chose to settle down and live as a human with his lover.

The fact that the "10th division captain met an untimely demise" and that Ishiin is shown in very bad shape and could easily be interpreted as dead until kurosaki quincy saves him means nothing.
And "The seat was vacant until toshiro steeped in" Means nothing when Ishiin could have been mistaken as dead, but revived by Kurosaki Mashiro. Living on with her and the quincies until he was ready to return to the S.S and let them know he was still alive. However, falling in love with Mashiro, after 80 years, instead chose to settle down with his savior and start a family instead.

Quote:
Protip: it's not preconceived when there is basis for it. My posts to you are not simply ad hominen because of feelings. I try to keep ad hominen out of my responses.
Your so called "Basis" is merely a Rationalization and because you have already formed an opinion, making up your mind. Your notion will always play a large part in "How" you interpret the information of this particular Topic of argument. Thus, your interpretations of said Information is inaccurate and incomplete due to the subjective means you use to base how you will interpret the info.
If you truly tried to keep Ad Hominen out of your response's, then you need to get rid of all your preconceptions about me and this manga.
__________________
KNOWLEDGE TO LIVE BY...

No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all you POWER/STRENGTH is no more USEFUL then a squirt gun....
And if You cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to Defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at WILL...


MINATO "KYF" NAMIKAZE.

People live relying on they're Knowledge and Perception, and thus are bound to them.....
Those Boundaries are what they tend to accept as "Reality".....
However..... Knowledge and Perception are both ambiguous....
so "Reality" could be nothing more....
then an illusion....


ITACHI UCHIHA
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:41 PM   #52
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing
 
ask me anything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Impel Down
Posts: 3,205
Thanks: 9,038
Thanked 3,660 Times in 1,601 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Bleach 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekyl_hyde;2135929

@ask me anything
[url
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v53/c519/18.html[/url]
I did say that this was all a theory. I mean, unless Kubo is shitting on Isshin about having him almost on his deathbed before he meets Masaki (which is possible.... it's Kubo afterall); I'm betting Isshin was Zero squad, he used the Final Getsuga Tenshou losing his shinigami powers, he then is in a confrontation with some hollow, is almost killed and Masaki is the one who saves him. Urahara and Yoruichi, knowing Isshin, transfer some of their reiatsu, along with Masaki and possibly Uryuu's father, allowing him to re-attain his shinigami powers.

It's a theory... an imaginative theory.


On another note, think Kubo will follow up with Ichigo's sister starting to realize some of the family traits?
Ok, here's the thing I'm trying to point out. Each of the Zero Squad members were picked due to their strength and abilities, meaning they already had these skills prior to being accepted the Zero Squad, and not after. So the medical guy most likely already invented his healing hot tub while he was still in SS and just made another one when he got transferred, and thus Urahara copied it while the dude was still in SS.


A perfect example of this, is the huge training room in SS where Ichigo did his Bankai training. Urahara made that shit when he was still a shinigami right? Well after he ran from SS he made another room underneath his store in Karakura Town, based of that design. See what I mean?
__________________


Last edited by ask me anything; 02-28-2013 at 06:44 PM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:00 PM   #53
MR VSU
jonin sage
 
MR VSU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Virginia state university
Posts: 57
Thanks: 35
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
MR VSU is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Bleach 528

i didnt mean to start a big fight over this i just always thought that ichigos pops was the 10th squad captain because there was only one missing spot in the turn back arc he is captain level and he knows about Urahara although he didnt know the full story/ but any way if he was not the squad 10 captain then what squad did he captain there where no empty captain spots at the turn back arc (except the 10th )and he wasnt in the s.s at the time so when did he leave and where did he go during the whole aizen visor arc

ps sorry for the spelling errors
__________________
i come from a real point of view so don't try that fake shit with me
MR VSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:10 PM   #54
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin
 
jekyl_hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,362
Thanks: 763
Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road
Re: Bleach 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
Ok, here's the thing I'm trying to point out. Each of the Zero Squad members were picked due to their strength and abilities, meaning they already had these skills prior to being accepted the Zero Squad, and not after. So the medical guy most likely already invented his healing hot tub while he was still in SS and just made another one when he got transferred, and thus Urahara copied it while the dude was still in SS.

A perfect example of this, is the huge training room in SS where Ichigo did his Bankai training. Urahara made that shit when he was still a shinigami right? Well after he ran from SS he made another room underneath his store in Karakura Town, based of that design. See what I mean?
I just want to start out with I get everything you're saying... it is a valid possibility. But I do have a problem with it. That would mean that his hot spring is still in SS, and no one has located it... or it hasn't been mentioned (which if this is the case, then it's great trolling/shitty writing by Kubo). Because if that is the case... dude is a monster healer... Unahono basically loses all relevance as a healer... just rinse, lather, and repeat in the hot springs. His is actually better because it apparently heals both physical wounds and reiatsu wounds (I think Unahono only does physical wounds).

I just guess the creative writer in me wants loose ends tied up... and to figure out how to make the story the best it can be. Whichever direction Kubo goes, hopefully he does that.
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:55 PM   #55
apacolypz
ANBU
 
apacolypz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC Raleigh
Posts: 1,757
Thanks: 676
Thanked 955 Times in 482 Posts
apacolypz is on a distinguished road
Re: Bleach 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
I'm going to assume "before" = "after" and this would be false. My own timeline is a little off. Rukia was sent to the human world ~40 years after she was adopted into the Kuchiki family/placed in the 13th division (she automatically graduated and was placed as soon as she was adopted). Kaien was killed somewhere in that time frame.

110 years before the Ryoka Invasion, Kaien was approached by Ukitake, who tried to persuade a reluctant Kaien to become his lieutenant. After Kaien declined, Ukitake mentioned Gin Ichimaru's graduation from the Academy and noted that he was the first genius since Kaien. Kaien denied being a genius and Ukitake told him that Gin graduated in a single year, which impressed Kaien. Ukitake compared his age to Byakuya Kuchiki, whom Kaien started to curse before saying that Gin sounded quite fearsome. He noted that he was even further from being a lieutenant and asked which Division Gin joined. Five years after graduating from the Shin'ō Academy, Kaien became the 13th Division's lieutenant.



Approximately 150 years ago,Rukia and her older sister, Hisana, were brought together to Inuzuri, the 78th District of Rukongai, after they died in the Human World. Unable to live there while caring for a child, Hisana abandoned Rukia when she was still a baby. Rukia grew up on her own for a considerable amount of time. One day, Rukia tripped an adult who was chasing Renji Abarai's group of friends, and urged them to follow her to avoid losing the water they had stolen. Rukia joined their group, becoming their spiritual leader, and they lived together as a family. Ten years after Rukia joined the group, with all of their friends dead, Rukia proposed they become Shinigami and live in Seireitei, noting she had heard it was pretty there. Renji agreed with her. Two months after entering the Academy,
she was approached by the Nobles and asked to be apart of their family.
Rukia accepted and was adopted into the family. Rukia was admitted to the 13th Division without taking their entrance exam. Same day she met her Lieutenant Kaien Shiba.


just to clear up the whole ruckus and confusion

Last edited by apacolypz; 03-01-2013 at 12:10 AM.
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:39 AM   #56
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,695
Thanks: 4,761
Thanked 8,722 Times in 3,844 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Bleach 528

Is that supposed to be a rebuttal? Because you quoted the bleach wiki that stated exactly what I said.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:15 AM   #57
apacolypz
ANBU
 
apacolypz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC Raleigh
Posts: 1,757
Thanks: 676
Thanked 955 Times in 482 Posts
apacolypz is on a distinguished road
Re: Bleach 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
I'm going to assume "before" = "after" and this would be false. My own timeline is a little off. Rukia was sent to the human world ~40 years after she was adopted into the Kuchiki family/placed in the 13th division (she automatically graduated and was placed as soon as she was adopted). Kaien was killed somewhere in that time frame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Is that supposed to be a rebuttal? Because you quoted the bleach wiki that stated exactly what I said.
Naw...I said the Ryoka invasion was over 100 years before Kaien became Lieutenant ...and you said this to be false...

The point of all this was to tie in Isshin and his timeline. I am not comprehending him losing most of his powers 20 years ago before the start of the story. 10 years prior he encountered an imperfect Arrancar? So within like 35-37 years he got his powers back somehow. Why did he need to learn the final GT? Could it be assumed Grand Fisher was the one that possibly weakened him as well killed off Masaki? (Isshin to Urahara)"The thing that I have not been able to get over during the last twenty years is that I was unable to save Masaki that night." To further complicate things...Rukia doesn't even recognize him as a former captain. Even though she was apart of SS 13 Gotei as well during the same time. Kaien became Lieutenant 110 years ago, Urahara I believe became Captain around 110 years ago via Yoruichi's recommendation. After Urahara and Yoruichi abandon their posts as captains. I am not trying to assume, but being how Ganju hated Shinigami's and the timeline of Kaien's death I would assume Isshin had been Captain already. He was not shown to be a captain during Urahara's initiation. Why would Isshin become a Shinigami/Captain after Kaien had been killed by a Shinigami and his Nobility cut off? Then during his time as a captain he is sent to the WOL...is defeated possibly by the same imperfect Arrancar he meets 10 years later. Possibly tries to unlock his final mode so he can beat this mock arrancar...and we are back to where we started???

Last edited by apacolypz; 03-01-2013 at 02:44 AM.
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:56 AM   #58
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,695
Thanks: 4,761
Thanked 8,722 Times in 3,844 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Bleach 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by apacolypz View Post
Naw...I said the Ryoka invasion was over 100 years before Kaien became Lieutenant ...and you said this to be false...
Because it is false. Kaien was killed before the Ryoka invasion arc (the arc where Ichigo and co invade soul society to rescue Rukia is called "Ryoka Invasion"). So, how could it have happened 100 years before Kaien became Lietenant?

Quote:
The point of all this was to tie in Isshin and his timeline.
It didn't really work.

Quote:
I am not comprehending him losing most of his powers 20 years ago before the start of the story.
Manga stated it (the arrancar arc took place a few months after the series began, so it's 20-21 years before the start of the series). How is this not sinking in?

Quote:
10 years prior he encountered an imperfect Arrancar?
Reread the manga, says "few decades", not "one". That gives room for it to have happened over 20 years ago.

Quote:
So within like 35-37 years he got his powers back somehow.
I know it's late where I am, and I had an exhausting day at work, but where did the math for this come from? Manga flat out states "20 years" between him losing his powers and then regaining them.

Quote:
Why did he need to learn the final GT?
How would I know? We're just starting the flashback of his time as a shinigami.

Quote:
Could it be assumed Grand Fisher was the one that possibly weakened him as well killed off Masaki?
Maybe? Grand Fisher was pretty strong for your run-of-the-mill hollow. He was able to evade the shinigami for 54 years and kept eating souls to increase his strength.

Quote:
(Isshin to Urahara)"The thing that I have not been able to get over during the last twenty years is that I was unable to save Masaki that night."
Could it be because he wasn't there with her? Or that it's because he had no powers? Ichigo was 9 when Masaki was killed, 6 years before the story started and within the 20 years Isshin was powerless.

Quote:
To further complicate things...Rukia doesn't even recognize him as a former captain. Even though she was apart of SS 13 Gotei as well during the same time.
Again, I don't know why Rukia doesn't recognize Isshin.

Quote:
Kaien became Lieutenant 110 years ago, Urahara I believe became Captain around 110 years ago via Yoruichi's recommendation. After Urahara and Yoruichi abandon their posts as captains.
You'd be correct in the timeframe here. However, there were several captains not in attendance for Urahara's promotion, namely the 11th (which we know isn't Isshin from the databook), the 10th (confirmed killed in the manga),

Once I came up with a list of possible divisions for Isshin to have been captain of. 10th was not one of them. It was mainly the divisions that the Vizards led until they were forced to flee.

Quote:
I am not trying to assume, but being how Ganju hated Shinigami's and the timeline of Kaien's death I would assume Isshin had been Captain already.
Um...duh? Isshin gave up his spot when he gave up his powers.

Quote:
He was not shown to be a captain during Urahara's initiation.
Relevance? Just means he was a captain sometime after Urahara's initiation (there were 110 years between then and now, after all).

Quote:
Why would Isshin become a Shinigami/Captain after Kaien had been killed by a Shinigami and his Nobility cut off?
Why not? Is there some connection to Kaien and Isshin? They may be of the same family, since Ichigo is damn near identical in appearance to Kaien. But nothing has been stated. Also, since when did nobility matter to becoming a captain? There are 2 families that have had captains in their ranks, the Kuchiki and the Shihouin

Quote:
Then during his time as a captain he is sent to the WOL...is defeated possibly by the same imperfect Arrancar he meets 10 years later.
Your math seems a bit off. It was 20 years, at least, between the final page of this chapter and when Isshin killed Grand Fisher. That was how long he was without his powers. I'm guessing the "10 years" is from the time Masaki was killed and when Isshin killed Grand Fisher.

Quote:
Possibly tries to unlock his final mode so he can beat this mock arrancar...and we are back to where we started???
Why ask questions to which I obviously do not know the answers? We haven't seen anything about his backstory other than what has been given.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:51 AM   #59
apacolypz
ANBU
 
apacolypz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC Raleigh
Posts: 1,757
Thanks: 676
Thanked 955 Times in 482 Posts
apacolypz is on a distinguished road
Re: Bleach 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Because it is false. Kaien was killed before the Ryoka invasion arc (the arc where Ichigo and co invade soul society to rescue Rukia is called "Ryoka Invasion"). So, how could it have happened 100 years before Kaien became Lietenant?

Correct I will actually admit to being a dumbass...I kept typing Before...not realizing it at all..yeah I meant after.....two late responses man...yeah I needed more sleep....idiot and again i'll admit it.


It didn't really work.

This was not for you directly to answer...this was a thought that I was trying to comprehend and pull together. Trying to tie in a statement I had made earlier on.

Manga stated it (the arrancar arc took place a few months after the series began, so it's 20-21 years before the start of the series). How is this not sinking in?


It is.... it doesn't say it was his first time becoming a Shinigami again....how coincidental would it be for Grand Fisher to show up and suddenly Isshin's powers come back? He must of already had enough strength to unlock his Shikai.


Reread the manga, says "few decades", not "one". That gives room for it to have happened over 20 years ago.

What is this pertaining to? I said he meets a Mock arrancar 10 years after he loses his Shinigami status.

I know it's late where I am, and I had an exhausting day at work, but where did the math for this come from? Manga flat out states "20 years" between him losing his powers and then regaining them.

It's late here, working graveyard shift. When does it state he regained his powers? All we see is him suddenly showing up to finish off Grand Fisher. At which time Ichigo is already what 15...maybe it slipped my eyes but I never remember hearing when he actually got his powers back.

How would I know? We're just starting the flashback of his time as a shinigami.

I am not asking you lol? This was a out loud thought...


Maybe? Grand Fisher was pretty strong for your run-of-the-mill hollow. He was able to evade the shinigami for 54 years and kept eating souls to increase his strength.

I mean I get that, that is why I included that tidbit...

Could it be because he wasn't there with her? Or that it's because he had no powers? Ichigo was 9 when Masaki was killed, 6 years before the story started and within the 20 years Isshin was powerless.

Actually it says he lost most of his powers....it says 20 years ago he ceased from being an active Shinigami... Just as Rukia told Ichigo..his power will fade with time.

Again, I don't know why Rukia doesn't recognize Isshin.

yeah I know..

You'd be correct in the timeframe here. However, there were several captains not in attendance for Urahara's promotion, namely the 11th (which we know isn't Isshin from the databook), the 10th (confirmed killed in the manga),

11th Captain was stated as missing...those were the only two exceptions..

Once I came up with a list of possible divisions for Isshin to have been captain of. 10th was not one of them. It was mainly the divisions that the Vizards led until they were forced to flee.



Um...duh? Isshin gave up his spot when he gave up his powers.

Duh...but the question is how did he lose his powers....and why....we are assuming he did something similar to Ichigo...


Relevance? Just means he was a captain sometime after Urahara's initiation (there were 110 years between then and now, after all).

I understand that....Just trying to cope with why certain people don't recognize him when they should.....

Why not? Is there some connection to Kaien and Isshin? They may be of the same family, since Ichigo is damn near identical in appearance to Kaien. But nothing has been stated. Also, since when did nobility matter to becoming a captain? There are 2 families that have had captains in their ranks, the Kuchiki and the Shihouin

I am aware of this as well.....My question and reason for asking this.... We don't know the direct connection between Shiba household and Isshin. Some of us from the clues that have been dropped have come to assume Isshin is apart of the Shiba clan. From what Kukaku says, and the resemblance of Kaien and Ichigo. I am going all on if he is a Shiba...Kukuka removed herself and family from SS to the outskirts. If he is a senior in their family and they lost their position, I lost my Nephew (assuming) to a shinigami and just treated like an outcast by SS higher ups..why would I want to join them? It may seem flawed but to me if I had a high seat and I was just thrown out on my ass..I would not want anything to do with such an organization..

Your math seems a bit off. It was 20 years, at least, between the final page of this chapter and when Isshin killed Grand Fisher. That was how long he was without his powers. I'm guessing the "10 years" is from the time Masaki was killed and when Isshin killed Grand Fisher.

Math is correct here....from what I read He confronts a mock arrancar ten years ago. Loses his shinigami status 20 years ago (the start of the series.) Masaki is killed yes as we agree on 9 years after their marriage. If he lost his status 20 years ago and Ichigo is 15 now. Start of series 1993 (making up something for example.) Lost his status. 10 years later is 2003 when they say he meets an arrancar. 10 years later 2013 Masaki and Isshin Marry. Nine years after that is 2022 Masaki dies. Ichigo turned 15 during 2028. That is a 35 year difference. Maybe I need to get some sleep if this doesn't make sense...I'll admit I can be over a dunce at times.

Why ask questions to which I obviously do not know the answers? We haven't seen anything about his backstory other than what has been given.

I am not asking you this..I only directed the first quote to you....which embarrassingly I admitted to putting before when I meant after....working graveyard just messes with my mind at times.

Last edited by apacolypz; 03-01-2013 at 05:08 AM.
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:31 PM   #60
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,695
Thanks: 4,761
Thanked 8,722 Times in 3,844 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Bleach 528

Since you're pulling an HR and answering inside the quote, making it a little more difficult to respond point by point (a bitch move, I might add), I'll just respond directly.

First off, your timeline is waaaaaay off.

-For starters, it hasn't been 20 years since the series started. It's been ~2 (Ichigo was 15 when it started, he's 17 now).
-Second, Isshin gave up his powers 20 years before the series started (as it had only been a couple months from the time the manga started to when he killed Grand Fisher). This is shown when Urahara approached and asked "How does it feel to take the form of a shinigami that you abandoned 20 years ago?"
-Third, stop looking at the wiki, which states "MORE THAN 10 years ago" in reference to Isshin encountering one of the mock arrancar. Manga clearly states it's been a few decades (meaning more than 1 decade). Since he hasn't been a shinigami in 20 years, it's extremely difficult for him to have encountered/fought/got beat by a mock arrancar in the past 10 years. Especially when the scene we've seen at the end of this chapter shows the first time he met Masaki, which was ~20 years before the start of the series.

So, to sum it up. Timeline = 20 years before the series (5 years before Ichigo is born (not all couples have kids immediately after getting married)) Isshin loses his powers through unknown means (assumed to be Final Getsuga Tensho, not confirmed) after meeting/being saved by Masaki.

-14 years later (Ichigo is 9) Masaki is killed by Grand Fisher.

-6 years after that, Isshin regains his shinigami form through unknown means and kills Grand Fisher.

-Almost 2 years later (18 months since Aizen's defeat and Ichigo regaining his power), Isshin and Ichigo have the long awaited flashback of Isshin's time as a Shinigami.

Next point, potential captain spot.
-10th division is confirmed as a "no". The captain before Toshiro was killed in combat about 110 years ago (confirmed in the manga). Databook confirmed that the spot was vacant until Toshiro got it.
-11th Division is confirmed as a "no". 110 years ago it was confirmed to be the 10th Kenpachi. Zaraki is the 11th Kenpachi (confirmed by the databooks). The 9th Kenpachi was killed some time before the Turn Back the Pendulum arc, dismissing Isshin since he was still a Shinigami as of 20 years before the series started.
-1st, 4th, 8th, 12th, and 13th are a "no". 1st, 4th, 8th, and 13th divisions have had the same captains for the past 1000 years. 12th has had Maryuri as Captain since Urahara left (he was left in charge of the research division, should anything have happened to Urahara, and with no lieutenant he took captain).

-3rd, 5th, and 9th have had Gin, Aizen, and Tosen since after 100 years ago. Those spots are eliminated.

-Leaves 7th division, since we don't know when Komamura took the spot after Love was exiled.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bleach Anime Gets Canceled! Vengeance Bleach Anime 11 03-01-2012 02:52 PM
Bleach 480 Dagoro Bleach Manga 33 02-15-2012 05:28 AM
why was bleach called bleach?? Bubblezio Bleach Anime 37 10-01-2011 02:27 AM
bleach 396 Konnaha_yellow_flash Bleach Manga 97 03-24-2010 07:08 PM
Download all subbed Bleach episodes here! BattleDON Bleach Anime 26 07-24-2009 06:06 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.