Games and all things related - Page 231 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #3451
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,472 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold
Re: Games and all things related

The online-only DRM should make it a no-buy for anyone with dignity.

Apparently it's also a pretty lacklustre SimCity game too, so whatever.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (03-09-2013), Servo (03-09-2013), Shrike (03-09-2013), Tzu Men (03-09-2013)

Old 03-08-2013, 02:45 PM   #3452
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Not sure why anyone would need anything more than SimCity 2000, anyway.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Servo (03-09-2013), Shrike (03-09-2013)
Old 03-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #3453
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

And what's up with that crazed videogame feminist Anita? Anything worth noting, or just more MEN ARE EVIL, CONSENSUAL SEX IN MARRIAGE IS REALLY RAPE?
Old 03-09-2013, 12:18 AM   #3454
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Isn't that the dumb bitch who was all "give me money and I'll make a video about women and shit" but then never delivered the video and some dude made a (presumably) much better video than she could have and all of her idiotic followers erupted in hatred because this MAN did something that a WOMAN lied about totally being ready to do but never actually doing and he DIDN'T EVEN ASK FOR THEIR MONEY. HOW CAN IT BE ACTIVISM IF THEY AREN'T GIVING AWAY THEIR MONEY?!
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Numinous (03-09-2013), Shrike (03-09-2013)
Old 03-09-2013, 03:31 AM   #3455
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
The online-only DRM should make it a no-buy for anyone with dignity.
I'd love to find the shit-dick that thought that would be a grand idea and unleash like a Killer Instinct 67 hit combo on him.

Fuck.

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Servo For This Useful Post:
Jaxon (03-09-2013), Shrike (03-09-2013)
Old 03-09-2013, 05:20 AM   #3456
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Anita is a "pop culture commentator" that's taken a lot of people's money to fund her own career.

She tweeted "Playing games like DmC is the worst part of my job. Remarkable @NinjaTheory managed to cram so many repugnantly sexist tropes into one game."

And some people have to disarm explosives for a living. Yeah.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
ACt (03-09-2013), Mal (03-09-2013), Numinous (03-09-2013), Shrike (03-09-2013), TheBaron (03-09-2013)
Old 03-09-2013, 05:52 AM   #3457
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

Thanked 2,697 Times in 854 Posts
Tzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the rough

Personally I found this funnier:

Quote:
Dear #BigBangTheory writers, sexual harassment is not funny! Please stop using it as a cheap joke. #disgraceful
I'm not really convinced that one of the wettest comedies of all time has ardent sexism on the agenda. Next she'll be calling out Winnie the Pooh for the pollution of children's minds.
Tzu Men is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tzu Men For This Useful Post:
Mal (03-09-2013), Numinous (03-09-2013), Shrike (03-09-2013), TheBaron (03-09-2013)
Old 03-09-2013, 07:07 AM   #3458
ACt
Heart Wizard

ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

So far as I understand it, Anita whoever is really just one of the first of the video game generation who's decided to spin that into social commentary through her own feminism. There is a forth coming video, so she's using the money, just taking a short time. I find it hilarious that the male counterpart of this was completely ignored, highlighting that women's issues are a good topic for generating funds but should we ever want to turn the social microscope on how men are being portrayed, naah... men are good.

Feminism is like any movement - solid and admirable goals but when it comes to making enough noise to be noticed, it has to be boiled down and bastardized to some extent. She's working her angle to be the it-girl of feminism and video games so anything she says I take with a grain of salt. (To be fair, I haven't gotten a huge "man-hating" from her.) In the end, if her work can lead to the product of more varied games and game styles, it will be a good thing.

However, if all she manages to do is dumb down the current clone-style games that are turned out over and over where there's just no reference to anything resembling sexism/risque to women, then utter failure.

And even then, video games are about fantasy. Everyone's going to be good looking, there will always be big boobs and violence, the industry should not be trying to eliminate everything that makes one person squeemish. I mean, why not take on Fairy Tales. It's where we get 90% of our plot ideas as it is.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Mal (03-09-2013), Numinous (03-09-2013)
Old 03-09-2013, 07:10 AM   #3459
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Isn't that the dumb bitch who was all "give me money and I'll make a video about women and shit" but then never delivered the video and some dude made a (presumably) much better video than she could have and all of her idiotic followers erupted in hatred because this MAN did something that a WOMAN lied about totally being ready to do but never actually doing and he DIDN'T EVEN ASK FOR THEIR MONEY. HOW CAN IT BE ACTIVISM IF THEY AREN'T GIVING AWAY THEIR MONEY?!
The funny thing is, she did come forth with a video with that money... that has severely less information than TvTropes (a FREE site), spends half the time raging against Miyamoto and the other half throwing examples from the 80's and early 90's, never acknowledging males in the same exact situation (like Tails in some Sonic games and the myriads of princes in Fire Emblem) and throws the word patriarchy like a true strawman feminist (or dare I say "strawwoman?"). Totally worth the almost 160k dollars people threw at her, amirite?

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
ACt (03-09-2013), Jaxon (03-09-2013), Mal (03-09-2013), Shrike (03-09-2013), Tzu Men (03-09-2013)
Old 03-09-2013, 08:09 AM   #3460
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

People are just dumb fucks because they gave her money. And I have yet to find a single feminist that isn't a fucking moron.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #3461
ACt
Heart Wizard

I know plenty. But I know you're referring to what people would call a "militant" feminist.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Jaxon (03-09-2013), Mal (03-09-2013), Numinous (03-09-2013), Shrike (03-09-2013)
Old 03-09-2013, 09:03 AM   #3462
Numinous

Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

@ both ACt and Shrike: The core problem with modern feminism is that it's no longer proper feminism.

Many of those who were advocating said feminism moved themselves into other categories, such as equality and humanitarian movements and since that allowed them to kill two birds with one stone: defend and advance female rights while doing the same to other causes, such as racial and sexuality rights.

So what was left? Those who were advocating for misandry, matriarchy and the strawman feminists who nitpick stuff and make a big deal out of nothing. That's why "feminists" are dumb fucks as Shrike puts them, since they no longer are worried about real issues as income inequality based on gender, laws that have a gender bias and so forth, but rather blow minutia out of proportion and actively seeking females to be better treated than males.

It's no surprise that "feminists" as Anita pick up the Damsel in Distress trope and treat it like it was poisoning the minds of the youth on purpose when the reality is that game producers simply cater to the most profitable of audiences: young males. So of course there's going to be females in sexy outfits presented as the reward for playing the game, because appealing to a guy's dick is a easy way to cash on the green, but "feminists" simply disregard this because it doesn't fancy their skewed argument.

But, as ACt said, this Anita character is rather tame by modern feminism standards. Two examples are the Elevatorgate on the youtube atheist community, which became a huge thing because a guy asked a "feminist" for a coffee and somehow that's sexual harassment and the McFarlane "I saw you boobs" song that was immediately labeled as the crowning moment of the patriarchy just because it childishly stated factual appearances of uncovered female breasts.

And I'll leave here a pearl from a supporter of Anita regarding the video guy:

Quote:
Being an incomplete female, the male spends his life attempting to complete himself, to become female. He attempts to do this by constantly seeking out, fraternizing with and trying to live through an fuse with the female, and by claiming as his own all female characteristics — emotional strength and independence, forcefulness, dynamism, decisiveness, coolness, objectivity, assertiveness, courage, integrity, vitality, intensity, depth of character… etc — and projecting onto women all male traits — vanity, frivolity, triviality, weakness, etc.
Before you say it: yes, this is real. I could not make this shit up even if I tried.

The Following User Says Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
Shrike (03-09-2013)
Old 03-09-2013, 09:13 AM   #3463
ACt
Heart Wizard

I would argue the core problem is what gets media time are the loudest voices. The "feminists" you hear are roughly akin to what Ann Coulter is to Conservatism. There are plenty of inequality issues that still need to be addressed and solved in our society. Violence against women is still a horribly low success rate when it comes to reporting/punishing, wage inequality still exists and the body image issue is at worse levels than ever before.

The other problem is you just can't have a conversation about equality these days without someone, male or female, turning it into a blame game and watching the shit fly. It's noise rather than movement. For every "man-hater" and "hey, I'm a good guy, it's not MY fault", there are a lot of people who are drowned out who are just trying to improve the situation. Examining and discussing Feminism is completely useful - things like this are not.

The first feminists haven't moved (I count both my mother-in-law and mother in this group) but aren't certain where the message is going any more. But then, that's a symptom of everything in our 24-hour shouting news age.

And LOL at that quote. Someone inform him that as a male, he was conceived and developed as a female until the Y chromosome took over. He's not an incomplete female. He almost was and then diverted genetically.

Last edited by ACt; 03-09-2013 at 09:15 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Mal (03-09-2013), Numinous (03-09-2013), Shrike (03-09-2013)
Old 03-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #3464
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

The problem is the Internet simultaneously being the most unreliable source of information and the biggest soapbox humankind has ever devised.

I hate the Internet.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
ACt (03-09-2013), Mal (03-09-2013), Shrike (03-09-2013)
Old 03-09-2013, 09:58 AM   #3465
Numinous

@ ACt: I agree with what you say, perhaps I should have been more precise by saying the social media kind of feminism, because I'm well aware that in the backstage people are trying to solve the real issue that feminism addresses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
And LOL at that quote. Someone inform him that as a male, he was conceived and developed as a female until the Y chromosome took over. He's not an incomplete female. He almost was and then diverted genetically.
Actually that quote is from a female, so it's not about misinformation and perhaps self-loathing, it's just misandry.

Quote:
The problem is the Internet simultaneously being the most unreliable source of information and the biggest soapbox humankind has ever devised.

I hate the Internet.
That's the thing about freedom of speech, you may want to take in the intelligent and useful but you have to put up with the noxious and crazies. I just wished the former were as loud as the latter.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
ACt (03-09-2013), Mal (03-09-2013), Shrike (03-09-2013)