Devil Fruit Rarity - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 08-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #1
Senkradlol
Chuunin

Senkradlol is an unknown quantity at this point
Devil Fruit Rarity

I know we've see smiley and ace's devil fruit recently, but those are because someone big name had/made them.

What I want to know/see is the Straw hats happen upon a devil fruit just in the wild/some island. I think it would be very interesting to see how they would react to finding one.

Any thoughts? Think it's fine as it is?
Senkradlol is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #2
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
Re: Devil Fruit Rarity

I thought this was going to be a discussion about the DF classes and whatnot.

As for your scenario, it would be pretty cool, but I don't see it happening. When thinking about this you need to take into consideration the power structure of the crew. The only person I can see making use of a DF is Usopp, not for himself but feeding it to one of his weapons once the method is revealed by Vega Punk.

Even that is a long shot because Usopp doesn't really need it. I think Oda made his way of thinking regarding DFs and the crew very clear with this arc. Ace's DF will most likely go to a new Nakama and I wager we won't see this kind of situation after that.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
Senkradlol (08-10-2013)
Old 08-10-2013, 09:34 PM   #3
Senkradlol
Chuunin

Well I agree, but I didn't mean them actually using the DF just finding one and having a WTFOMG moment.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:39 PM   #4
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,769 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

There is a very slim chance of that possibly happening but if it does I can also see Usopp using it to upgrade his weapon as mentioned. I can also see maybe Chopper and Robin studying it to understand its properties more, especially Chopper seeing as he's the first person mentioned to have fiddled around with his DF abilities with science.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #5
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

I think the SHs will come across the place where DFs originate once their nature is revealed. I won't be surprised if it is revealed that DFs, even true DFs, were engineered by the lost kingdom as a way to combat the 20 kingdom alliance that took them down but were unable to implement them fast enough to avoid annihilation.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
Gakure (08-11-2013), stubborn_d0nkey (08-11-2013)
Old 08-10-2013, 09:48 PM   #6
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,769 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Interesting. That being the case, let's say your theory is canon, would you think that since Vegapunk has figured out a way to produce artificial Devil Fruits he may have knowledge of the Void History?
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:56 PM   #7
icedraon620
God of Tanukis

icedraon620 is on a distinguished roadicedraon620 is on a distinguished road

I feel like a fun scenario involves the Strawhats finding a fruit at roughly the same time as some other entity (another crew, an animal, stranger) and Luffy chasing them around because he saw it first. Something comical like that.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:56 PM   #8
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,597 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

On a similar topic about DF's: I don't think the chance of finding one is all that great. It seems to me like there are only a finite amount of them in the world and their doesn't seem to be a natural process to make more. I base this on the fact that we haven't yet seen 2 different people with the same DF power at the same time. You would think if there were some kind of tree out there that produced these DF's that many (perhaps dozens or hundreds) of a certain fruit would exist in the world, and many people would be running around with Mera Mera fruits.

Given that each fruit supposedly regenerats itself after it's user dies, the quantity of that DF would never ever decrease over time as well. Only increase. That means over the countless history that these fruits have existed more would keep being made while the older fruits would just keep coming back again, and the world would be littered with millions of them, making then not rare at all.

That's why I believe there is only 1 of each fruit and though there may be thousands of different varieties, the true reason of them being rare is that the majority of people who eat them take to the seas (either as pirates or people that hunt them) and congregate toward the GL and NW, where slain victims have the fruits stolen by other like minded people. Thus the chances of these fruits ever making its way back to the 4 blues are rare in deed.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:20 AM   #9
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

I wonder what Oda has in store for us with DFs in the future.

Paramecia seem to be getting more broken lately with powers like Jola, Violet and the person that makes the toys. More ancient Zoans would be awesome, a strong fighter with dino DFs should be devastating which is why I have high expectations of Drake.

I really need to see more from Sengoku. His DF is so awesome and it would be a waste not to see the Buddha go all out. I could use a break from Logia users, there are so many already. More creative paramecia and Zoans all the way.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #10
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,848 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

It's a wonder SHs never found a DF on their journey because many weak characters had a DF so far.

Talking about DFs, Zoans are very boring and don't seem to enhance the strength/ability of the user by that much, or so I have the feeling. They are just bad when compared to any other DF, not to mention that they make people look ridiculously stupid. I loved CP9, but they were terrible after they turned into horribly stupid animals (especially Kaku, who was actually very cool before he turned into a fucking giraffe, I mean, I know it's a gag manga to an extent, but come the fuck on).

Last edited by Shrike; 08-11-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Senkradlol (08-11-2013)
Old 08-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #11
-SassyLady-
Dysfunctional Sweetheart

Thanked 1,398 Times in 877 Posts
-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough

I don't think they'll come across one, and even if they did I don't think anyone would possibly use it within the crew. They all have unique abilities whether weak or strong it still makes them who they are. If anything is to be found it'll be another crew member for the SHs.
-SassyLady- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:48 PM   #12
Senkradlol
Chuunin

I don't want them to eat the fruit, I feel like everyone thinks that was what I was implying, since that idea gets posted a lot.

I can see Luffy trying to eat it like it was a normal food with everyone freaking out