Naruto 643 - Page 10 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2013, 06:21 AM   #136
apacolypz
ANBU
 
apacolypz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC Raleigh
Posts: 1,752
Thanks: 675
Thanked 954 Times in 481 Posts
apacolypz is on a distinguished road
Re: Naruto 643

Come along and ride on a fantastic voyage
Slide, slide, slippity, slide
I do what I do just to survive
Come along and ride on a fantastic voyage
Slide, slide, who ride?
That's why I pack my 45


apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 08-22-2013, 06:52 AM   #137
emachina
Jounin
 
emachina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 895
Thanks: 477
Thanked 811 Times in 249 Posts
emachina has a spectacular aura aboutemachina has a spectacular aura aboutemachina has a spectacular aura aboutemachina has a spectacular aura about
Re: Naruto 643

To sum up what Neo said, in the words of Mibs: "Why do you hate glorious freedom"?



Seriously, you think we're bad, get a mod involved. You'll be thinking we were the motherfucking "Get Along Gang"
__________________
One Piece! Hell Yeah!
One Piece! Hell Yeah!

Last edited by emachina; 08-22-2013 at 06:54 AM.
emachina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emachina For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (08-22-2013), NeoKakarott023 (08-23-2013), Numinous (08-22-2013)
Old 08-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #138
MrAdam
Academy Student
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 8 Posts
MrAdam is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Naruto 643

Mangastream translation doesnt say that Juubito can't use Kamui. So ?
MrAdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:03 AM   #139
TobiIsTheBest
Genin
 
TobiIsTheBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 117
Thanks: 22
Thanked 29 Times in 26 Posts
TobiIsTheBest is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Naruto 643

According to you, anyone that tries to suggest anything new is a moron, white night, or idiot. You guys are very very thick headed and I hope one day you'll realize what I mean.

@Num You say you've tried ignoring him but if you did there would be at least ONE thread where you and him don't engage in a useless discussion.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
KYF starts nearly every flame war in these bullshit debates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishnu View Post
So...first of all: FUCK YOU KYF ! And your Shisui theories.
TobiIsTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:44 AM   #140
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin
 
jekyl_hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,362
Thanks: 763
Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road
Re: Naruto 643

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobiIsTheBest View Post
According to you, anyone that tries to suggest anything new is a moron, white night, or idiot. You guys are very very thick headed and I hope one day you'll realize what I mean.
I'll agree with you on this. kael, Num, and AOTK have used "real world" logic on a manga with fictional parameters in the past.

The question is (and this pertains to any situation in which a person faces adversity): Do you stop and cry about it, or do you keep on moving forward?

That advice will cost you $20.00 U.S.
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #141
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage
 
Konnaha_yellow_flash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 7,810
Thanks: 853
Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all
Re: Naruto 643

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Mibs only targeted KYF after an argument was well in running. 99% of the time it was mocking him because KYF can't use simple, basic logical arguments to save his life and constantly fell (read:willingly threw himself) face first into every conceivable logical fallacy, all the while denying said fallacies but saying everyone else was making them, and attributing the wrong fallacies to said accusations. Eventually, he got tired of it and sparked the "Cool story, bro." response when KYF decided that Num was so jealous of him, he (num) had to make a thread about logical fallacies and thought it was about him (KYF).
lol, the ridiculous claims supported by nothing, but BIAS and ignorance...

1). You guys are just mibs little fanboys...
2). That blind child numious is the one who does not know how to properly use the fallacies... Actually thought a argument from silence is an opponent being silent and not commenting LMAO!!! When it is actually an opponent drawing a conclusion from the lack of a statement...
3). All Numious did was create an entire thread of examples of fallacies based on almost ALL my theories, and just straw man versions of them as well as using so much contextomy, the little fellow should be ashamed...

All that just to try and make my theories look that much more unlikely, So tell me how Numious is not being a butt hurt baby...?

[QUOTE=AOTKorby;2137226]
Quote:
So despite the fact that "why does senjutsu counter natural energy" was an ongoing topic in that thread that was making up a large part of the discussion, and despite the fact that Numinous had posted about it already, and despite the fact that Num included right in there that he made that post because KYF was all-but-insulting the intelligence of Senkrad with his post's content and tone, clearly this is Num attacking KYF out of the blue. Yep.
WTF are you talking about? Selective perception proven again!!!

Numious yet again tried to justify his random butt hurt attack by claiming my answer was not really an answer, just a half ass answer that was OBVIOUS despite the FACT Numious could not deduce that much and defend him. That makes you just as pathetic as he is to support such random butt hurt, cry baby acting out... And I know it is insulting but, if the shoe fits so well...

I did not insult the OP and my tone was not either... What is insulting about my answer? Only to a super sensitive whinny cry baby would such a thing be insulting...

My repost that was so offensive...http://www.fandom.com/forums/showpos...5&postcount=26

Where is the insulting of intelligence with insulting tone as well? All your doing is proving you just as bad as Numious for supporting his butt hurt chronicles...

Quote:
I'll say it again. If you're so goddamn against flaming and uncivil discussion tell me right now why you're accepting the "aid" of LD, when he's being no more or less flamey than us. Try and logically justify siding with him when his point was essentially "lol these guys are total bitches". He's doing nothing really different from us, but he's on your side. Go ahead.
It is not about flaming and uncivil discussion, it is about the foolish immaturity. And I admit even I get drawn into and act that way, but it is just unnecessary...
__________________
KNOWLEDGE TO LIVE BY...

No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all you POWER/STRENGTH is no more USEFUL then a squirt gun....
And if You cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to Defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at WILL...


MINATO "KYF" NAMIKAZE.

People live relying on they're Knowledge and Perception, and thus are bound to them.....
Those Boundaries are what they tend to accept as "Reality".....
However..... Knowledge and Perception are both ambiguous....
so "Reality" could be nothing more....
then an illusion....


ITACHI UCHIHA

Last edited by Konnaha_yellow_flash; 08-22-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:53 AM   #142
k-lai
ANBU
 
k-lai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ghana
Posts: 1,802
Thanks: 991
Thanked 661 Times in 457 Posts
k-lai will become famous soon enoughk-lai will become famous soon enoughk-lai will become famous soon enough
Re: Naruto 643

Oh well it's best to chill and enjoy the converations, who knows one might give up and understand that peeps just don't give a shit...
__________________
<<Tell me $ome Lie$>>
Maybe, just maybe I may be able to do it and you would not be there when I'm doing it but just so you know, I did it without your help and that'll be my legacy.
k-lai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:40 PM   #143
junior3605
ANBU
 
junior3605's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 24
Posts: 438
Thanks: 51
Thanked 233 Times in 75 Posts
junior3605 is a glorious beacon of lightjunior3605 is a glorious beacon of lightjunior3605 is a glorious beacon of lightjunior3605 is a glorious beacon of lightjunior3605 is a glorious beacon of lightjunior3605 is a glorious beacon of lightjunior3605 is a glorious beacon of lightjunior3605 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Naruto 643

http://readms.com/r/naruto/643/2018/1

Mangastream trans in case you missed it. Makes MUCH more sense.
__________________

Last edited by junior3605; 08-22-2013 at 12:45 PM.
junior3605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:15 PM   #144
AOTKorby
Leaf on the Wind
 
AOTKorby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Denison U, Ohio
Posts: 4,137
Thanks: 539
Thanked 5,583 Times in 2,262 Posts
AOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the rough
Re: Naruto 643

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobiIsTheBest View Post
According to you, anyone that tries to suggest anything new is a moron, white night, or idiot. You guys are very very thick headed and I hope one day you'll realize what I mean.
I assume "something new" is meant to be taken as "what I want". Because that's all you've been doing. You don't actually care about what pretty much anyone else thinks on this board considering you try to speak for their opinions and miss the mark by a mile. You don't actually give a damn about whether your demands are illogical or hypocritical. You don't actually have any respect for the integrity of debate and discussion on this board considering that you're trying to essentially censor it and are perfectly willing to try and duck out of an argument with the bullshit "I'm too good to keep this discussion going" card.

Newsflash: most of us on here speculate and argue and predict and whatnot purely for the intellectual stimulation as well as shits and/or giggles. All the "useless" discussion you're railing against has done nothing of actual dislike and defamation of character compared to what you bring to the forum every time you post. It's fucking annoying being told lies about the kind of person some person who doesn't know you at all thinks you are. If you so want to look down on everyone and judge them from your deranged city on the hill, at least interact with the forum in some meaningful way. At least actually interact with people in a way besides "WOW YOU'RE SUCH ASSHOLES YOU SHOULD ALL JUST STOP POSTING GOD." Because that's all you ever post, and that's all you ever bring to the board. Baseless anger and judgment at problems that only exist in your head.

Quote:
@Num You say you've tried ignoring him but if you did there would be at least ONE thread where you and him don't engage in a useless discussion.
http://www.fandom.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25257

/sass

I could go on but the point's been made.
__________________
Quote:
I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
AOTKorby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AOTKorby For This Useful Post:
kael03 (08-22-2013), Numinous (08-22-2013)
Old 08-22-2013, 01:24 PM   #145
TobiIsTheBest
Genin
 
TobiIsTheBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 117
Thanks: 22
Thanked 29 Times in 26 Posts
TobiIsTheBest is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Naruto 643

@AOTKorby Good job changing my words again. I didn't say anything about how anyone should stop posting. I said Num and KYF should ignore each other because all it's doing is creating a flame war.

You still can't read properly...

That thread you showed me just proves that you're very desperate. You and I both know what I meant when I said there wasn't one thread they didn't argue in. Unless you're very bad at logic to which I wouldn't be surprised.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
KYF starts nearly every flame war in these bullshit debates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishnu View Post
So...first of all: FUCK YOU KYF ! And your Shisui theories.
TobiIsTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #146
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Naruto 643

Quote:
@Num You say you've tried ignoring him but if you did there would be at least ONE thread where you and him don't engage in a useless discussion.
There are plenty in 2010 and some of 2011, when I tried the ignore approach. If you stop being such a lazy pansy, go fetch them in the search function.

Also:

Quote:
According to you, anyone that tries to suggest anything new is a moron, white night, or idiot. You guys are very very thick headed and I hope one day you'll realize what I mean.
You guys are white knights and idiots because you haven't laid down any goddamn criticism to the second person you supposedly have an issue with and the forum already tried the approach you and MrBig are spouting and IT DIDN'T WORK. That's why people aren't taking your advice, because it has already be proven as useless, but instead of actually doing your homework and gather some knowledge about what transpired on this forum, you sit on your high horse, insult people while pretending to be better than everyone else.

So unless you come up with something that is actually new and makes sense and stop being such an obnoxious moralist wannabe, I won't take any of your crap.
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3








Last edited by Numinous; 08-22-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #147
MrBIG
Genin
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 167
Thanks: 123
Thanked 95 Times in 53 Posts
MrBIG is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Naruto 643

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
, [..] when they see an opportunity to attack others.
That's rich, attacking others is what you base your argumentative style on.


Quote:
One thing leads to another. So, really, your reading comprehension is the one lacking.
Discussion doesn't have to lead to bad discussion tone. What the hell are you talking about?


Quote:
  1. My language is annoying to you. You can't speak as if you were a majority.
  1. Opinions can be wrong. Many opinions shown here are wrong.
[/quote]

1. Obviously there's more than just me. However I've never said anything about representing a majority. [reading comprehension again]
2. Opinions can be wrong, however rarely can you PROVE someone being wrong when these opinions are based on interpretation. Which is probably why insulting people is how you try to prove your statements.

Quote:

This is a section to talk about Naruto, including any fan theories, so why shouldn't anyone discuss them
Amazing, you either really fail to understand the basic concepts im trying to convey or you're being ignorant on purpose.

The emotional response (the need you have to insult others) you bring to the argument is unnecessary and disproportionate with the importance of the subject at hand.

If this forum was about ice cream the equivalent argument would be you calling others "moron" or "stupid" for liking a different flavor then yourself.

Both theories were merely extrapolations of different interpretations of the Manga. There's a severe lack of any real evidence to support most fan made theories, which is why they're open for discussion.


Quote:
instead wants to shut its workings down.
I want to shut the forum down now by suggesting some to be a bit more civil?

Quote:
For example, KYF thought Hiruzen assisted Mito's birth labor just because Kishimoto used a figure of speech with "we"
Somethings aren't OPEN to interpretations, a fan theory about an event we already know sufficient details from, doesn't make sense. The same way I can't make up a theory on how Hitler died or something. So on that point you're right.

Yet I don't see how someone being unsure where certain events happened in a manga timeline would qualify them as a moron? This is another example of disproportionate emotional response.


Quote:
What you'll say to me now, that anyone shouldn't say what's clearly wrong and let people carry on with their ignorance? Sorry, I'm morally opposed to such corrosive passiveness.
Yes refraining from insulting someone is equivalent to being passive? For the sake of the forum it's practically your "duty" to participate in discussion and even point out where he was wrong. IT'S HOW you engage in the discussion that either:

a. becomes an opportunity where someone actually LEARNS something and where they were wrong.
b. A flame fest cause you lowered yourself into littering logical points with insults. Offending whoever you replied to.

I don't have to explain to you these basic concepts, you're smart enough to have already known them. How do you think someone is going to respond after being called a "moron" or an "idiot"? You're actively starting the fire under the guise of educating people and not letting them "carry on with their ignorance".


Quote:
You're complaining about insults, that is also covered by political correctness, last time I checked.
Check again.
Political correctness: "The avoidance of forms of expression or action that are perceived to exclude, marginalize, or insult certain groups of people."

By calling people stupid you're only attacking an individual, not a defined group.

Quote:
The problem is that I don't hide any arguments behind my langauge, you are just too much of a pansy to actually read them
The problem is that the insults you use are part of your argument. Like I said earlier in this post your objective isn't discussion but starting "flame wars".

Quote:
Did you know that KYF, , called others of suicidal, made plenty of homophobic remarks and is xenophobic as fuck? Really, you being bothered with me calling others of idiots and morons and not those behemoths of foul only reveals your shallow mind.
I called you both out on my original post and obviously everything I pointed out in the lasts posts are basic concepts of human decency that applies to everyone.


Quote:
What an idiot. If they're directed to me, what am I supposed to say
If that's what you meant, then you're use of words made no sense. Im guessing you don't know what "projection" means.

If that's the definition of "projection" you did in fact meant to use; it would signify that I'm only using you as a punching-bag, for other unrelated problems. and yes that is a pretty egotistical way of looking at criticism.

"it's not me, it's them''


Quote:
And claiming the status of the existence of god is both found in atheism and theism, are you going to tell me they're not mutually exclusive?
Terrible analogy. the status of the existence of god(s) is what seperates both. Perfectionism and narcissism aren't at odds, both traits can be found in a person.

Quote:
Narcissists respond to doubt by inflating their ego or targetting the source of doubt (narcissistic rage).
didn't you say that narcissistic people don't have any doubts?Suddenly you changed your tune when I mentioned how wrong you were, But yet im the one being called an idiot?

here's the quote by the way:
Quote:
it's kind of impossible for a perfectionist to be a narcissist because the first is always doubting himself, while the latter does the opposite.
"opposite of always doubting himself"


Quote:
Perfectionists, on the other hand, get stuck on the doubt and bust their balls over it.
The want to achieve perfection isn't a trait that isnt absent from narcissistic people. Instead of pretending to know what you're talking about, I recommend you actually read about Narcissistic perfectionism.


Quote:
This is what doesn't make sense. I have an inflated ego for saying the obvious, that KYF and I are more relevant than you? Seniority alone allows that, and you aren't the first or the last to jump in and attack either one of us just for attention grabbing.
You have an inflated ego for suggesting that your seniority is of any importance in this discussion.

Secondly, wait wasn't I the dupe account? I made a duplicate account in hopes of attention grabbing? What

Assuming I had a "main account" if attention grabbing was my goal, I would certainly not make a dupe.


Quote:
What you're not getting here is that I didn't confined myself just to be pleasing to the overall society, I'm upfront with who I am and I'm not afraid to use any kind of language, that my friend is definately a strength.
So edgy, nonconformist to societies views! Actively trying to be little people isn't a strength, no matter how much times you try to twist or spin it. The excuse that this is simply "who you are" is a weak one.


Quote:
One more strawman for the counting.
Please, I beg you. Don't confuse hyperbole with a "staw man"

Quote:
I didn't say anything of the sort, but, for the record, Shakespeare was fairly known for dirty innuendos. "Much ado about nothing" is really packed with them, starting on the title.
Play on words and openly confronting sexuality in the 1598 has no relevant link to your banal use of insults. Nice try though.

Quote:
No, people gave you shit because you started acting like a moralist that thinks he's better than everyone else.
Now you're arguing about what I supposably think. Weren't you the one making this big fuss about assumptions?

Really hypocritical of you.

Quote:
Who the fuck are you to dictate what is ought to do and is ought not to do? Nobody, that's what you are, and people won't listen to people criticizing them and not having a simple drop of relevancy to do so.

Again, you're so caught up with your own importance to this forum it's unbelievable. Who am I? I'm MrBIG and I brought up valid points on the state of discourse on this forum. Your problem isn't about WHO'S criticizing you, it's about that someone IS criticizing you.

There are few other members who have much more seniority than I do and expressed their concern, you treated them the same. "white knighting"


Quote:

Therefore assuming, thanks for confirming my point.
My information about you was gathered directly from you in your replies to me. Yet somehow their assumptions? If what I've seen from you in your replies to me ISN'T who you are, you have yet to prove to ME the contrary.

I can't ASSUME who you are by asking your friends, I'll judge you with how you conduct yourself when speaking to me.



Quote:
You don't apologize for shit if you're still insulting me, so don't come with your disgusting cynicism.
I have no need to apologize of this moment. I clearly stated that I apologize if my statements were untrue. You haven't proven to me that I was wrong. You've only been enforcing the points i've made about you.



Quote:
And this is the sign of someone who lost his shit and his grasping at any straws to actually look relevant for once.
he linked me to 4chan and made a sarcastic remark, so I jokingly replied with my own sarcasm. I'm the one you claim to be suffering from cynicism but you're the one that thinks I have some kind of ulterior motive for everything.
MrBIG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrBIG For This Useful Post:
TobiIsTheBest (08-22-2013)
Old 08-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #148
TobiIsTheBest
Genin
 
TobiIsTheBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 117
Thanks: 22
Thanked 29 Times in 26 Posts
TobiIsTheBest is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Naruto 643

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous
Who the fuck are you to dictate what is ought to do and is ought not to do? Nobody, that's what you are, and people won't listen to people criticizing them and not having a simple drop of relevancy to do so.
Let me rephrase that for you in terms of my argument:

Who the fuck are you to dictate which opinion is right and which opinion is wrong? Nobody, that's what you are, and people won't listen to people criticizing them and not having a simple drop of relevancy to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous
There are plenty in 2010 and some of 2011, when I tried the ignore approach. If you stop being such a lazy pansy, go fetch them in the search function.
So you tried that and it didn't work so you resorted to attacking him on everything he says despite you think he's thick headed and he'll never learn. That's an intelligent way to fix things (ironic because it's been 2 years since you said you stopped "trying" and it hasn't gotten any better).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous
You guys are white knights and idiots because you haven't laid down any goddamn criticism to the second person you supposedly have an issue with and the forum already tried the approach you and MrBig are spouting and IT DIDN'T WORK. That's why people aren't taking your advice, because it has already be proven as useless, but instead of actually doing your homework and gather some knowledge about what transpired on this forum, you sit on your high horse, insult people while pretending to be better than everyone else.
It seems everyone that disagrees with you is a white night and/or idiot.

I haven't talked about KYF because he hasn't made me talk to him. He seems to agree with what I'm saying which is funny because you think he's thick headed yet you're writing walls of text disagreeing with me (once again hypocritical).
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
KYF starts nearly every flame war in these bullshit debates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishnu View Post
So...first of all: FUCK YOU KYF ! And your Shisui theories.

Last edited by TobiIsTheBest; 08-22-2013 at 06:35 PM.
TobiIsTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #149
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Naruto 643

Mr Big, I really can't take any more of your strawmen anymore. But, in honesty, they are formed because, by irony or hypocrisy of your part, you have no reading comprehension.

What I said:

Quote:
One thing [referring to Mr Big's annoyance towards the tone of conversation] leads to another [referring to him wanting to shut down the conversation.
And what he understands?

Quote:
Discussion doesn't have to lead to bad discussion tone. What the hell are you talking about?
What I said:

Quote:
1. My language is annoying to you. You can't speak as if you were a majority.
Quote:
as if
conj.
1. In the same way that it would be if: looked as if she were made of ice.
And what he understands?

Quote:
1. Obviously there's more than just me. However I've never said anything about representing a majority. [reading comprehension again]
What I said:

Quote:
it's kind of impossible for a perfectionist to be a narcissist because the first is always doubting himself, while the latter does the opposite.
Opposite of always doubting oneself is to not to never doubt oneself, is to not doubt oneself with frequency because, well, we're humans.

And what he understands?

Quote:
didn't you say that narcissistic people don't have any doubts?
What I said:

Quote:
No, people gave you shit because you started acting like a moralist that thinks he's better than everyone else.
And what he understands?

Quote:
Now you're arguing about what I supposably think. Weren't you the one making this big fuss about assumptions?
Seriously, why do I have to bother with people who don't bother themselves to read what others are writing? Pretty simple, I don't have to.

Just to address a few other utterly misguided points.

Quote:
Which is probably why insulting people is how you try to prove your statements.
No, it's with my arguments that I try to prove my points, because, unlike what you say here:
Quote:
The emotional response (the need you have to insult others) you bring to the argument
I do not use colorful langauge because I'm emotional, it's because I like to use it. If you actually knew me in person instead of assuming the shit out of what I do, you'd know that I very rarely swear in my mother language (Portuguese) but I swear like a sailor in English. I don't know how it came to be, but that's what happens.

Other might do them for the sake of butthurt, but I simply use it for emphasis. I think you'll not steep to the low of saying emphasis is somehow an emotional response just to prove yourself right, will you?

Quote:
Yes refraining from insulting someone is equivalent to being passive? For the sake of the forum it's practically your "duty" to participate in discussion and even point out where he was wrong. IT'S HOW you engage in the discussion that either:

a. becomes an opportunity where someone actually LEARNS something and where they were wrong.
b. A flame fest cause you lowered yourself into littering logical points with insults. Offending whoever you replied to.

I don't have to explain to you these basic concepts, you're smart enough to have already known them. How do you think someone is going to respond after being called a "moron" or an "idiot"? You're actively starting the fire under the guise of educating people and not letting them "carry on with their ignorance".
Like I said to TITB, you are clearly ignorant of what trespassed in this forum and you are telling things about people that they know very well only a person ignorant of the matter would spout it. Do you really think it was always like this? No, I was actually very civil to KYF for quite a few months and even thanked a bunch of his threads. But experience, something you sorely lack to say anything about me, KYF or anyone else for that matter, led to the situation at hand.

So we, who have the experience of this back and forth, still don't know of a solution that will please everyone and you, who knows NOTHING, think you can simply solved with a solution already tried and failed? Please, don't insult my intelligence.

Quote:
Check again.
Political correctness: "The avoidance of forms of expression or action that are perceived to exclude, marginalize, or insult certain groups of people."

By calling people stupid you're only attacking an individual, not a defined group.
And I can easily fetch a definition that fits what I said:

Quote:
political correctness - avoidance of expressions or actions that can be perceived to exclude or marginalize or insult people who are socially disadvantaged or discriminated against
Your cherry picking of definitions won't work with me, son. KYF, AW and a few others attempted that shit with me and they never got away with it.

Quote:
Like I said earlier in this post your objective isn't discussion but starting "flame wars".
Yet again you are assuming what I want. I want discussions, sorry if your skin is too thin to handle the tone of it.

Quote:
If that's what you meant, then you're use of words made no sense. Im guessing you don't know what "projection" means.

If that's the definition of "projection" you did in fact meant to use; it would signify that I'm only using you as a punching-bag, for other unrelated problems. and yes that is a pretty egotistical way of looking at criticism.

"it's not me, it's them''
First, I know very well what projection means and yes, that's what I meant. You're really just downcasting people to lift yourself. It's not even about me, it could happen with someone else, like kael and HR or AOTK and Vengeance, KYF and I simply had the jinx of being the targets.

This bears repeating, you're not the first nor will you be the last to attempt this kind of bullshit for attention grabbing, people are already onto you so why keep pretending? Just drop your moralist act and move on to something else, like discussing Naruto in this section or chill for a while in the Spam Zone.

Quote:
Terrible analogy. the status of the existence of god(s) is what seperates both. Perfectionism and narcissism aren't at odds, both traits can be found in a person.

(...)

The want to achieve perfection isn't a trait that isnt absent from narcissistic people. Instead of pretending to know what you're talking about, I recommend you actually read about Narcissistic perfectionism.
Terrible link and more cherry picking. The link you provided misused the word perfectionism when it was talking about types of obsessive behavior. In all truth, both perfectionists and narcissists are obsessive and they deal with the subject of perfection. But the key difference is that perfectionists strive to achieve perfection, narcissists assume they already achieved it.

So my atheist/theist analogy is apt since, like the status of the existence of god is what separates both of them, the status of perfection is what separates perfectionists and narcissists. But hey, if I'm wrong, I guess kael will correct me, he's the guy who actually studied psychology instead of putting poorly worded links like you.

Quote:
I called you both out on my original post and obviously everything I pointed out in the lasts posts are basic concepts of human decency that applies to everyone.
So why didn't you bother KYF when he insulted you far worse than I did? Why didn't you say anything about how completely different is the gravity of both situations. Oh, right, because you're not interested in KYF nor in what is actually human decency, you're just here to take potshots at those who are trying to keep the freedom of speech intact.

Quote:
Again, you're so caught up with your own importance to this forum it's unbelievable. Who am I? I'm MrBIG and I brought up valid points on the state of discourse on this forum. Your problem isn't about WHO'S criticizing you, it's about that someone IS criticizing you.
You didn't bring any valid points, or else people would accept your points. But, of course, your ignorance on the matter still kept you from acknowledging what everybody else knows for a long time.

@ bolded: Miburo, Mal, Vengeance and others have criticized me in the past and I simple accepted their points. It's really about you being a nobody saying what others are thinking and trying to step on everyone else because you got irritated at some measly words.

Quote:
My information about you was gathered directly from you in your replies to me. Yet somehow their assumptions? If what I've seen from you in your replies to me ISN'T who you are, you have yet to prove to ME the contrary.
You're not interested in knowing who I am, you're simply interested in the strawman you created just to feed your moral crusade.

Quote:
I can't ASSUME who you are by asking your friends, I'll judge you with how you conduct yourself when speaking to me.
Wow, you're either stupid or just too high on your horse to look. Third time saying this and I hope it's the last, you ASSUMED things about other people's behavior towards me, that's why I said to actually ask them instead of assuming. Because, you know, THAT is human decency.

Quote:
I have no need to apologize of this moment. I clearly stated that I apologize if my statements were untrue.
And they are untrue, so why you keep insulting people and don't apologize? Oh yeah, you are already assuming things about people instead of listening to them, my bad for forgetting that.
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3







Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (08-22-2013), kael03 (08-22-2013)
Old 08-22-2013, 07:22 PM   #150
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Naruto 643

Sorry for double post:

Quote:
Let me rephrase that for you in terms of my argument:

Who the fuck are you to dictate which opinion is right and which opinion is wrong? Nobody, that's what you are, and people won't listen to people criticizing them and not having a simple drop of relevancy to do so.
You are right, I'm nobody to dictate what is right and what is wrong, but logic and reality do have the relevancy to do so. I'm simply using them like anyone else can use (but for a strange reason not all do so).

Quote:
So you tried that and it didn't work so you resorted to attacking him on everything he says despite you think he's thick headed and he'll never learn. That's an intelligent way to fix things (ironic because it's been 2 years since you said you stopped "trying" and it hasn't gotten any better).
Considering both your tactic and my tactic don't work, what you propose to do? Really, because you haven't said anything new that might actually do something.

Quote:
It seems everyone that disagrees with you is a white night and/or idiot.
If they are being an idiot or a white knight, of course. But not everyone that disagrees with me is an idiot. I have several disagreements with people I deem friendly and intelligent, you simply turn your eyes away from those occasions because they contradict your completely misguided assertion of my behavior.

Quote:
I haven't talked about KYF because he hasn't made me talk to him. He seems to agree with what I'm saying which is funny because you think he's thick headed yet you're writing walls of text disagreeing with me (once again hypocritical).
Did you consider the fact that KYF is simply taking advantage of you two talking smack to everyone else and getting some retribution from it? And I'm thick-headed for trying to defend myself and the freedom of speech of this forum? What a despicable notion you have of the subject.

Edit: Oh, the irony of berating us for thanking each others' posts and you thank MrBig's post. Is your hypocritical juice nice and fresh?
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3








Last edited by Numinous; 08-22-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
kael03 (08-22-2013)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.