One Piece 718 - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 08-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #16
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,271 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
Re: One Piece 718

There could be a way for Law to give Nami's group CC's heart and allow them to escape. Remember that his crew is waiting in Zoe and we don't know why yet, and given the nature of his power it is totally feasible for Law to have a room prepared at Zoe in case he needed to teleport over there in a hurry. He had multiple rooms set up in PH, his powers could have global range like Kuma's.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-2013, 12:08 AM   #17
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road

I know his crew is at Zoe..the same place Kinemon's homie was. Sure Law could have plenty rooms open but if that is the case why suffer through so much to attempt to hide CC's heart when he could easily toss it in any of his rooms? Wondering can Dofla slice through Law's room with his puppet strings? Zoro speaks as if he is heading to Sunny, he can't take out Art Art lady. I also thought Law's group were under some sort of Danger/Jeopardy? I have to reread the early chapters of this arc. Where is Fujitora btw?
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:51 AM   #18
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,766 Times in 926 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Fujitora is still there with DD and Law. I guess just spectating for the moment.

As far as Law not switching out to another room. Maybe he is trying to conserve his powers focusing on DD as he thinks up another plan to get the upper hand on DD again. If wanted to escape he could given the nature of his powers which leads me to believe he's up to something to regain the advantage.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:27 AM   #19
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiegel View Post
Fujitora is still there with DD and Law. I guess just spectating for the moment.

As far as Law not switching out to another room. Maybe he is trying to conserve his powers focusing on DD as he thinks up another plan to get the upper hand on DD again. If wanted to escape he could given the nature of his powers which leads me to believe he's up to something to regain the advantage.
I would believe Law has something up his sleeve which is the reason he wants to pass along the only thing that would give him such a disadvantage. Since Law has to conserve his powers until his stamina is replenished he has to stick to his wits. Dofla is telling him his alliance is over with..but Dofla is underestimating the SH's as they have teamed up with the rebellion to take out the factory and save it's workers. With the final battle starting soon Dofla will be taken away from his focus on Law and head straight to Dressarosa to make sure nothing else follies up his plans. Once Law passes along CC's heart Law can go seriously on the offensive. Still wondering though...why is Law this hurt? If he put up his room within that room he would be the "Surgeon of Death" so does Dofla have a way of weakening his rooms or slicing them with his strings? We have not seen Law do anything since the start of this triple threat.
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:06 AM   #20
J-man123
Supernova

J-man123 is an unknown quantity at this point

DD could be using haki which probably negates the rooms effects on his attacks
J-man123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:37 PM   #21
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,766 Times in 926 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-man123 View Post
DD could be using haki which probably negates the rooms effects on his attacks
Haki doesn't work like that. DD would have to be touching Law and even then it would't shut dow Law's DF abilities. Only sea stones and Blackbeard's DF ability have been confirmed to shut down a DF user's abilities completely.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spiegel For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (08-26-2013)
Old 08-24-2013, 07:14 PM   #22
icedraon620
God of Tanukis

icedraon620 is on a distinguished roadicedraon620 is on a distinguished road

Haki infused strings can potentially cut through room walls though right?
Old 08-24-2013, 08:13 PM   #23
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,271 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Oda needs to go a bit deeper into haki. There are too many grey areas that lead to confusion in the power pyramid. If I had to guess I'd say Dfla is simply superior in terms of physical stats. Law's power isn't thought based making it possible to simply evade his hand movements.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:45 PM   #24
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,597 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

It could just be that Law is trying to keep the fight contained to that one particular spot since he doesn't actually know where all the SH's are at the moment and wouldn't want to get them in the crossfire. He may also be delaying for time.

If he did try to successfully escape, DD and that admiral know where Luffy is at the moment, and would switch their attention towards capturing him knowing Law would probably come out to save him.

So I think it's not so much that Law can't escape, as much as it is he's willingly letting himself play the decoy. It's basically a move I sometimes use in a chess match, where I let my Queen get pinned in by several of my opponents pieces to practically take them out of play. On the flip side they could just take the queen, but the price to pay in pieces would make the move unfeasible. Same principle applies here.

EDIT: I suppose for a more accurate chess analogy you could say Fujitora is the Queen (being the most powerful person there) and DD is a Rook (also quite powerful) , while Law is a Knight (they both move in peculiar ways not normal for others). For a mere Knight to simultaneously keep a Queen and Rook in an unfavorable position would be considered a fabulous feat in any chess game.

Last edited by ask me anything; 08-24-2013 at 09:19 PM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote