Debate: Speed Vs Power/Strength... - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage
 
Konnaha_yellow_flash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 7,810
Thanks: 853
Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all
Debate: Speed Vs Power/Strength...

Since this has become such a debated topic, I felt the need to create this thread instead of spamming others...

Speed/Hiraishin jutsu Vs Power/Strength. in reference to Minato Vs Hashirama and EMS Madara

Power/strength are physical skills that increase the force of a technique.
The more power one has, the more destructive force one can produce for their technique. ANd the stronger one is, the harder they can hit, more they can lift, ect.
The Obvious COUNTER to power/strength is Speed... Because what good is the most powerful/strongest technique in the universe if it cannot even hit the enemy beucase they have the SPEED to easily avoid it.

But, Speed. Speed is the Physical skill that allows one to effectively apply ones techniques as well as avoid the enemies which is what its about.
The more speed you have, the more effectively you can apply your techniques and avoid the enemies.
ANd when you have such a level of speed that the enemy cannot even Begin REACT to your attacks, much less track them. You are able to apply your technique at will pretty much...

The normal counter for speed is...
: Timing (timing their attacks)
: Immobilization (immobilize the enemy so they cannot use their speed.

However, this is not Normal high speed.
: You cannot time something you cannot even track, much less react to.
: And you cannot immobilize something that can use time and space to move between many counties in an instant.

Therefore, the Only TRUE counter for minato's Speed is....
: Future reading to know what is going to happen before it does in order to anticipate the attacks of the speed user...


Power/strength is a great physical skill to have, but is you do not have the speed to even apply those powerful/strong techniques. All that power/strength is useless...

EXAMPLE 1:
: Hashirama with all his power creates a forrest to attack Minato, but it lacks in speed compared to Minato. And MInato, with his crazy time space speed coupled with his physical speed/reflexes can use hiraishin level 2 to blitz throw a Kunai over the Forrest, teleport to the Kunai, then throw one directly to hashirama below him to land a blitzing Kunai attack all within a small instant...

NOTE: MInato at base threw a Kunai from the current battle field to the sea in a matter of seconds in order to place a seal to teleport away the Jubidama so his Kunai throwing speed is crazy fast.

ANd the time it takes Minato to throw two kunai and teleport twice is about the same time it took Minato to counter V2 raikage which was so fats not even V2 raikage with his level of reflexes could even react at all, thus there is no way that hashirama can react in time making his huge forrest creation attack useless...
: FLower world KO pollen could not even hurt the gokage while Minato can use his t/s barrier to draw it in and release it back onto hashirama or his clones.
: Minato's shushin is so fast compared to hashirama's that is the fight statrts at 10-15 Meters. Minato will just use his shushin to tag hashirama before he can react and the fight is over...
: Plus the FACT that Minato has a defensive range of many countries because he has tags all over them to use if he is in trouble against a large scale attacks. Meaning he can easily avoid ANY Buddha summon attacks while leaving kage bushins to tag the Buddha summon, move around using hiraishin level 2 to got above the Buddha summon all so hashirama can be Touched/taged which is all it takes to beat even hashirama in SM...

CONCLUSION:
Because speed is the physical skill that increases the ability to apply jutsu and power/strength just increase the force of the jutsu, not application coupled with the fact a Kunai is enough to Kill pretty much anyone (even tsunade cutting he head off or dismembering her as proven by edo madara).

Minato has the advantage over everyone... Including even hashirama... because even with the power of 1000 Juubi JINKS. If you are too slow to apply that power/strength while too slow to defend against the attacks of the energy then how are you supposed to win?

EXAMPLE 2:
EMS madara with all his power with perfect susanoo and the Kyuubi is a force to be retcon with, but his speed/reflexes are not even enough to possibly compete against V1 raikage. Madara did no better then C2 Juugo.

Madara can use perfect susanoo to super slash attack Minato with mountain killing slashes yet due to his speed using hirahsin and reflexes coupled with tags/seals all over many countrues to use for defense against large scale attacks. Minato can dodge them all day every day....

And due to Minato's Hirahsin ability to teleport away his target without even touching them, thus can teleport either perfect susanoo or madara himself to another location leaving madara completely vulnerable to a blitz attack or at the lest, get TOUCHED and that is all it takes...

Coupled with Minato Only having to touch Madara to break the control seal he has on the Kyuubi means Minato will gain an ally for the fight.
And MInato + full power Kyuubi Vs EMS madara that cannot effectively use perfect susanoo is boned...

CONCLUSION:
Due to MInato able to teleport between countries to avoid large scale attacks, easily dodge amaterasu, break any genjutsu by teleporting away from the genjutsu user , thus regaining his nervous system and chakra control coupled with minato's ability to teleport away the target through indirect contact, therefore, teleport either perfect susanoo or madara to another location then attack madara directly, tag him and break the contract with the Kyuubi so madara loses control over him.

minato's speed because of his reflexes and hirashin makes him even able to beat the likes of EMS madara+Kyuubi and even SM hashirama...
__________________
KNOWLEDGE TO LIVE BY...

No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all you POWER/STRENGTH is no more USEFUL then a squirt gun....
And if You cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to Defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at WILL...


MINATO "KYF" NAMIKAZE.

People live relying on they're Knowledge and Perception, and thus are bound to them.....
Those Boundaries are what they tend to accept as "Reality".....
However..... Knowledge and Perception are both ambiguous....
so "Reality" could be nothing more....
then an illusion....


ITACHI UCHIHA
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-09-2013, 03:55 PM   #2
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage
 
stubborn_d0nkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 12,579
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough
Re: Debate: Speed Vs Power/Strength...

Any interesting new TV series this fall?
__________________
I am THE stubborn_d0nkey, thou shalt not have other stubborn donkeys before me.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide


1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag


2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4



Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4


Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)


Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stubborn_d0nkey For This Useful Post:
moebrown20 (09-24-2013)
Old 09-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #3
AOTKorby
Leaf on the Wind
 
AOTKorby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Denison U, Ohio
Posts: 4,137
Thanks: 539
Thanked 5,583 Times in 2,262 Posts
AOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the rough
Re: Debate: Speed Vs Power/Strength...

And here I thought you might be attempting to answer this question outside the context of your hairbrained Minato fanning.

Let me put this shit simply: The matter of why Hashirama wins is not that he has offensive power. It's that he has defensive power. Between his medical techniques that function roughly the same as Tsunade's and Sage Mode's defenses (remember those? Remember how it made Naruto capable of tanking lethal force without injury? yeaaaaaaaah), Hashirama is too well fortified for Minato to actually hurt him. Believe me, I was convinced Minato would have beaten him until the medical technique shit was brought to light. Speed, agility, evasiveness, what have you normally does defeat raw power. However, it must be capable of damaging its opponent. If it can't actually damage its target, its speed does not matter. Minato is not capable of actually hurting Hashirama without the Kurama cloak. Because of this, he cannot reasonably defeat him.
__________________
Quote:
I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
AOTKorby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AOTKorby For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (09-09-2013), batonnoir (09-18-2013), kael03 (09-09-2013), MrBIG (09-09-2013), Numinous (09-09-2013), platinumrug (09-12-2013), Sensei-Q (09-20-2013), Uchiha09 (09-12-2013)
Old 09-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #4
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Debate: Speed Vs Power/Strength...

It's clear that KYF never played any games that involved PvP, or else he'd know that the first rule of PvP is to outlast the opponent and, to do that, Defense>Offense and the contrary can only be applied when a character has no proper defense mechanisms (the Glass Cannon paradigm).

Considering KYF's abandonment of neutrality just for more Minato wanking, I have to mention Minato: his speed acts as both offense and defense BUT speed does not outmatch raw defense and offense, which other characters (Hashirama, Madara, Naruto, Sasuke, Obito, etc.) do have. That's because speed by itself solves nothing, only enhances already existing offense and defense and, let's be realistic, Minato has little to no defense and his offense is basic (not even average, considering most characters manage to have better offense).

So Minato's problem is that he really lacks the punch to compensate for his lack of damage mitigation.
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3







Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
kael03 (09-09-2013)
Old 09-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #5
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin
 
jekyl_hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,362
Thanks: 763
Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road
Re: Debate: Speed Vs Power/Strength...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubborn_d0nkey View Post
Any interesting new TV series this fall?
The new season of The Big Bang Theory starts in a couple of weeks.

And for all the Young Justice fans out there, I read that the Hub is looking to pick up the series for syndication, and if they do, a studio (un-named) may buy the rights and produce new episodes.
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:12 PM   #6
MrBIG
Genin
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 167
Thanks: 123
Thanked 95 Times in 53 Posts
MrBIG is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Debate: Speed Vs Power/Strength...

Harashima has the largest charka level of any living ninja right now (excluding ten tails).

The idea he could increase his speed with that seemingly endless supply of chakra isn't a stretch but can actually be EXPECTED.

Look at Gai or Lee when they open the first few gates and get access to more chakra, or Naruto when he unlocks the Kyuubi's chakra for use. They all get a tremendous boost in Speed and Strength.

The First Hokage surpasses all of them in that regard. No one in their right mind can possibly think Minato could beat the first with a couple of kunais.


Not to mention Hashirama is a god damn tank on both the offensive end and defensive end. Minato wouldn't stand a chance.
MrBIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:35 PM   #7
Spiegel
Pirate King
 
Spiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Grand Line (New World)
Age: 26
Posts: 5,093
Thanks: 1,108
Thanked 1,770 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all
Re: Debate: Speed Vs Power/Strength...

KYF. You should read the latest chapters of Hajime no Ippo. It's a speed versus strength arc where speed means shit if you don't have the proper defense and/or offense to overcome pure strength.

You honestly think that Minato has what it takes to take on Hashirama, one of the Gods of Shinobi? I'm sure that considering his experience fighting the Uchihas that he would have experience with ninjas in the high speed and timing categories. The same guy that went bijuu hunting and solo'd them, whereas Minato had a hard time with Kurama and the only thing he could do was seal him and couldn't even defeat or subdue his own student during that same time period.

lol, yeah ok.
__________________
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #8
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing
 
ask me anything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Impel Down
Posts: 3,197
Thanks: 9,035
Thanked 3,651 Times in 1,598 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Debate: Speed Vs Power/Strength...

It seems to me like KYF's only argument against Hashirama is that he's not fast enough to physically keep up with Minato, which I find to be a bit hilarious. Given that Madara himself stated any serious battle between him and Hashirama has the destructive capability of changing the fucking maps, is it really that far fetched to think Hashirama has large scale attacks of his own. So why is "grabbing" Minato really relevant if you have crater making jutsu at your disposal.

Also despite KYF wanking Minato's speed, he ignores the fact that he lacks the proper reflexes to use it's full potential. This is the same exact Minato that warned Kakashi to not use his chidori move ever again, because the extreme speed caused him to have tunnel vision, and led to the possibility of the enemy countering his move. The same advice applies to anybody with "normal" reflexes. Last time I checked Minato didn't have sharingan eyes or Lightning enhance reflexes like Raikage, so let stop pretending his speed some nigh unstoppable force. Given that he currently only has one arm, it certainly wasn't that fast. I mean, come on. Minato had enough time to think "oh shit" to himself, but that wasn't enough time to use shirashin or substitution jutsu and get the fuck out of the way. LOL


Edit: BTW, Minato had his hands full just fighting Raikage and Killer Bee in the past. Madara just showed and and shitted on 5 KAGES like he was wiping his ass and they were the toilet paper. Then he told them to their face that Hashirama was better then all them suckers combined. Now the new and senju enhanced madara is fighting Hashirama again and still is only fighting on an even level. You know, for someone who is always preaching about how others misinterpret the manga, you sure are trying hard to ignore it yourself.
__________________


Last edited by ask me anything; 09-09-2013 at 09:49 PM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
bernzion (09-16-2013), kael03 (09-10-2013), MrBIG (09-10-2013), platinumrug (09-12-2013), Uchiha09 (09-12-2013)
Old 09-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #9
liondemon
Missing Kage
 
liondemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South Central Cloud
Posts: 3,197
Thanks: 344
Thanked 723 Times in 459 Posts
liondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Debate: Speed Vs Power/Strength...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnaha_yellow_flash View Post
Since this has become such a debated topic, I felt the need to create this thread instead of spamming others...

Speed/Hiraishin jutsu Vs Power/Strength. in reference to Minato Vs Hashirama and EMS Madara

Power/strength are physical skills that increase the force of a technique.
The more power one has, the more destructive force one can produce for their technique. ANd the stronger one is, the harder they can hit, more they can lift, ect.
The Obvious COUNTER to power/strength is Speed... Because what good is the most powerful/strongest technique in the universe if it cannot even hit the enemy beucase they have the SPEED to easily avoid it.

But, Speed. Speed is the Physical skill that allows one to effectively apply ones techniques as well as avoid the enemies which is what its about.
The more speed you have, the more effectively you can apply your techniques and avoid the enemies.
ANd when you have such a level of speed that the enemy cannot even Begin REACT to your attacks, much less track them. You are able to apply your technique at will pretty much...
Raikage said Minato is the only ninja faster than him. Someone at the summit mentioned that Raikage's chakra was at buuji levels during the summit. Killer B has buuji level chakra, 8 tail buuji, and his tentacle moved fast enough to knock his brother out of the way of Minato's kunai while Minato was already in the process of striking down at Rai's back. I'm referring to the manga panel you posted in the other thread. And I would assume that if you're trying to stab someone as fast as the Raikage in the back, you would do so as fast as you possibly can.

edit- Actually, I believe that Rai said that Minato was the only with comparable speed to him, but the point still stands. Buuji levels of chakra appears to be able to make for super fast ninja. As EOJ is quoted as stating in my sig, Minato was not short on chakra himself.

Power/strength and speed have been increased with chakra in this manga. The first Hokage has more chakra than Rai, Killa B, Minato, and everyone else except for Obito at the moment. The first Hokage thus has the potential to be more powerful/stronger and faster than Minato.
__________________
Ninja Assassin


Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men.
Confucius

There is a wisdom of the head and a wisdom of the heart.
Charles Dickens

To be satisfied with a little is the greatest wisdom; and he that increaseth his riches, increaseth his cares; but a contented mind is a hidden treasure, and trouble findeth it not.
Akhenaton

It is the nature of the wise to resist pleasures, but the foolish to be a slave to them.
Epictetus

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf.
Walter Lippmann

Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment.
Lao Tzu

It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.
Elizabeth Kenny

Last edited by liondemon; 09-09-2013 at 10:45 PM.
liondemon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to liondemon For This Useful Post:
Human Rasengan (09-17-2013)
Old 09-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #10
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage
 
Konnaha_yellow_flash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 7,810
Thanks: 853
Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all
Re: Debate: Speed Vs Power/Strength...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
And here I thought you might be attempting to answer this question outside the context of your hairbrained Minato fanning.

Let me put this shit simply: The matter of why Hashirama wins is not that he has offensive power. It's that he has defensive power. Between his medical techniques that function roughly the same as Tsunade's and Sage Mode's defenses (remember those? Remember how it made Naruto capable of tanking lethal force without injury? yeaaaaaaaah), Hashirama is too well fortified for Minato to actually hurt him. Believe me, I was convinced Minato would have beaten him until the medical technique shit was brought to light. Speed, agility, evasiveness, what have you normally does defeat raw power. However, it must be capable of damaging its opponent. If it can't actually damage its target, its speed does not matter. Minato is not capable of actually hurting Hashirama without the Kurama cloak. Because of this, he cannot reasonably defeat him.
WHAT Defense, you are making shit up!!!

Manga Proved hashirama can be killed by a Kunai and has medical ninjutsu that are still not enough to survive a Kunai stab LMAO...

And what Sage mode defense? All hashirama's SM does is allow him to create more wood "gigity"... Show me his defense increase from SM because it is not there. You are just arguing with conjecture and nothing more.

ONLY frog sage mode increases durability. Snake/dragon SM did not... Only allowed for greater hendging...

So all you have is conjecture Vs CANON that a KUNAI can kill hashirama and thus Minato can win, but you cannot accept this. ANd you call me Bias... WTF, the manga PROVES hashirama can be killed by a KUNAI even though he has AUTOMATIC regeneration...

Look at his regeneration, it worked so well...


ANd this is the ONLY example of hashirama's automatic regeneration. On Obito who has a hashirama clone body. A Scuff was able to regenerate LMAO...


And Plus the evidence of hashirama able to be Killed by a simple Kunai as seen here:

CONCLUSION:
Overwhelming evidence that hashriama does not have automatic regeneration anywhere near the level of tsunade, which comes form a jutsu too, not natural.
Only shown to automatically heal a scuff, cannot heal bloody mouth, lip, head and gash while able to die by a Kunai ONLY....

Accept it.. You made up your mind that hashirama's regeneration>tsunade's off of a dialogue that merely said "Hashirama could heal without using hand signs too (automatic), and his jutsu were way better then yours" not referring to the level fo regeneration which is then PROVEN by the FEATS of hashirama's automatic regeneration that can heal a scuff, but not a bloody lip, head, gash or Kunai stab...

Accept it...
__________________
KNOWLEDGE TO LIVE BY...

No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all you POWER/STRENGTH is no more USEFUL then a squirt gun....
And if You cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to Defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at WILL...


MINATO "KYF" NAMIKAZE.

People live relying on they're Knowledge and Perception, and thus are bound to them.....
Those Boundaries are what they tend to accept as "Reality".....
However..... Knowledge and Perception are both ambiguous....
so "Reality" could be nothing more....
then an illusion....


ITACHI UCHIHA
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:59 PM   #11
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,691
Thanks: 4,758
Thanked 8,717 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Debate: Speed Vs Power/Strength...

Rasengan is a jutsu designed to not use hand seals, does that mean Minato/Naruto/Jiraiya/Kakashi automatically use it when they hold up their hands? No, it requires mental activation. Same concept applies to Hashirama's medical jutsu that he designed to use without hand seals. That's why he was capable of offing himself with a kunai, he wasn't going to activate his healing techs. Why is this so hard of a concept?
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (09-10-2013), Human Rasengan (09-17-2013), platinumrug (09-12-2013)
Old 09-10-2013, 01:04 PM   #12
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage
 
Konnaha_yellow_flash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 7,810
Thanks: 853
Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all
Re: Debate: Speed Vs Power/Strength...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBIG View Post
Harashima has the largest charka level of any living ninja right now (excluding ten tails).

The idea he could increase his speed with that seemingly endless supply of chakra isn't a stretch but can actually be EXPECTED.

Look at Gai or Lee when they open the first few gates and get access to more chakra, or Naruto when he unlocks the Kyuubi's chakra for use. They all get a tremendous boost in Speed and Strength.

The First Hokage surpasses all of them in that regard. No one in their right mind can possibly think Minato could beat the first with a couple of kunais.


Not to mention Hashirama is a god damn tank on both the offensive end and defensive end. Minato wouldn't stand a chance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Raikage said Minato is the only ninja faster than him. Someone at the summit mentioned that Raikage's chakra was at buuji levels during the summit. Killer B has buuji level chakra, 8 tail buuji, and his tentacle moved fast enough to knock his brother out of the way of Minato's kunai while Minato was already in the process of striking down at Rai's back. I'm referring to the manga panel you posted in the other thread. And I would assume that if you're trying to stab someone as fast as the Raikage in the back, you would do so as fast as you possibly can.

edit- Actually, I believe that Rai said that Minato was the only with comparable speed to him, but the point still stands. Buuji levels of chakra appears to be able to make for super fast ninja. As EOJ is quoted as stating in my sig, Minato was not short on chakra himself.

Power/strength and speed have been increased with chakra in this manga. The first Hokage has more chakra than Rai, Killa B, Minato, and everyone else except for Obito at the moment. The first Hokage thus has the potential to be more powerful/stronger and faster than Minato.
Again with the stupid, hashirama has more chakra then anyone thus should be able to be faster... Despite the fact with all his power, he cnanot even move faster then madara, who could not even possibly compete with V1 raikage LMAO...

All that chakra hashirama has still did not allow him to out shushin Minato, who arrived like 30 seconds before him while hashi arrived at the same time the other 3 kage's did...

FACE it, you making an argument form nothing with no evidence to back it up because REFLEXES have correlated with physical speed, not POWER...

And Raikage is not the second fastest due to his POWER level, but his Lightning chakra that Increases his REFLEXES to Move faster LMAO... Proving my point even further...

If and's or But's Mean nothing... FEATS are what matters and hashirama's Physical Speed/reflexes feats are average kage level like hiruzen, tobirama and madara who he has proven he equals in speed...

By your own Logic, with the Kyuubi's power in BM. mInato should be able to move so physically fast that he makes Obito look like he is standing still, but that is not how it works. Reflexes increase spee dore then anything.

ANd the reason why naruto got so fast in KCM is because the Kyuubi power is full of life energy that activates the body, thus reflexes to increase speed.

So enough... Minato's physical speed/reflexes>>hashirama's. And when you add in hiraishin mInato's speed>>>>>>>hashirama's... Accept it..
__________________
KNOWLEDGE TO LIVE BY...

No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all you POWER/STRENGTH is no more USEFUL then a squirt gun....
And if You cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to Defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at WILL...


MINATO "KYF" NAMIKAZE.

People live relying on they're Knowledge and Perception, and thus are bound to them.....
Those Boundaries are what they tend to accept as "Reality".....
However..... Knowledge and Perception are both ambiguous....
so "Reality" could be nothing more....
then an illusion....


ITACHI UCHIHA
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:09 PM   #13
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage
 
Konnaha_yellow_flash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 7,810
Thanks: 853
Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all
Re: Debate: Speed Vs Power/Strength...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Rasengan is a jutsu designed to not use hand seals, does that mean Minato/Naruto/Jiraiya/Kakashi automatically use it when they hold up their hands? No, it requires mental activation. Same concept applies to Hashirama's medical jutsu that he designed to use without hand seals. That's why he was capable of offing himself with a kunai, he wasn't going to activate his healing techs. Why is this so hard of a concept?
Your comparing the use of a jutsu that requires chakra, focus, rotation, ect that is not automatic... to the body reacting automatically to injuries and healing..

Just accept it. Hashirama can be killed by a Kunai despite having automatic regeneration and coupled with his feats of healing ONLY a scuff, but not internal injuries causing blood to come from the mouth as well as a gash on the head.

The Manga PROVES that I am right.... Just accept it... You based your idea of hashirama;s helaing on some statement that did not even menton the levle of healing in comparison to tsunad'es thus is your own fualt.
__________________
KNOWLEDGE TO LIVE BY...

No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all you POWER/STRENGTH is no more USEFUL then a squirt gun....
And if You cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to Defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at WILL...


MINATO "KYF" NAMIKAZE.

People live relying on they're Knowledge and Perception, and thus are bound to them.....
Those Boundaries are what they tend to accept as "Reality".....
However..... Knowledge and Perception are both ambiguous....
so "Reality" could be nothing more....
then an illusion....


ITACHI UCHIHA
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:21 PM   #14
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,691
Thanks: 4,758
Thanked 8,717 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Debate: Speed Vs Power/Strength...

You're confusing "designed to not use hand signs" as "automatically activated". No where has it been said that is the case. Madara specifically stated Hashirama's medical JUTSU didn't require hand signs.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:25 PM   #15
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point
 
ninjalostboy95's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NY, Far Rockaway(currently)
Age: 18
Posts: 5,949
Thanks: 8,419
Thanked 4,704 Times in 2,856 Posts
ninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really nice
Re: Debate: Speed Vs Power/Strength...

and I think that ends the convo, he just said he was right no matter what. It's not a debate if you're fanning over Minato. Hashirama got killed by a kunai? So what Minato can die from one too but you know what he can't do? He can't regenerate. So imagine if Hashirama punched him full force, yeah I thought so. Btw Madara's claim that Tsunade's healing is shit compared to her grandfather is valid because this guy fought him on multiple occasions. MULTIPLE. What is so hard to get here?
ninjalostboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ninjalostboy95 For This Useful Post:
Human Rasengan (09-17-2013)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need for Speed The Run Limited Edition . B.A.H Gaming 0 11-12-2011 06:22 AM
[WU] Need for Speed Most Wanted [PC/2005/Full iso] huongco23 Gaming 0 09-22-2011 09:56 AM
Need for Speed World v.1.8.1.53 (2010/ENG) | 819 MB NEW!!! iwantcools90 Gaming 0 09-01-2010 12:51 PM
The Naruto Debating FC MikeyM1979 Official Fanclubs 1734 07-09-2009 08:59 PM
naruto's speed & hearing power phyomin Naruto Manga 10 01-05-2009 03:40 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.