Naruto_645 - Page 9 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 09-09-2013, 09:52 PM   #121
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Naruto_645

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBIG View Post
Oh come on now, at least Itachi was an interesting character.
Interesting, yes, Badass, yes, flawless, no. At the time he fought Sasuke, not even Pein had fought yet, but to far too many, he was a God. He was slightly overrated IMHO, until his Edo life kicked in, then he made up for a lot. See prior to that he was basically like Hiruzen... someone in story, fable, or supposed stats made him Billy Badass, but never on panel. Take Itachi, he didn't kill all of the Uchiha, he had help, and he never captured a jink/Bijuu, Kisame did. He never overthrew a nation (Sasori did), and in 2 attempts still never rid the shinobi world or his brother Sasuke of Orochimaru. Don't get me wrong, he was as pivotal to Sasuke as Jiriaya to Naruto, but a cutthroat ruthless killer he was not. He had the ability, it just wasn't in him, therefore in my book he never hit God status. That's been reserved for Hara with hype and powerboosts through the roof, sky, milky way... Just like Naruto, both were author gifted.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-09-2013, 11:14 PM   #122
AOTKorby
Leaf on the Wind

Thanked 5,579 Times in 2,260 Posts
AOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoKakarott023 View Post
Interesting, yes, Badass, yes, flawless, no. At the time he fought Sasuke, not even Pein had fought yet, but to far too many, he was a God. He was slightly overrated IMHO, until his Edo life kicked in, then he made up for a lot. See prior to that he was basically like Hiruzen... someone in story, fable, or supposed stats made him Billy Badass, but never on panel. Take Itachi, he didn't kill all of the Uchiha, he had help, and he never captured a jink/Bijuu, Kisame did. He never overthrew a nation (Sasori did), and in 2 attempts still never rid the shinobi world or his brother Sasuke of Orochimaru. Don't get me wrong, he was as pivotal to Sasuke as Jiriaya to Naruto, but a cutthroat ruthless killer he was not. He had the ability, it just wasn't in him, therefore in my book he never hit God status. That's been reserved for Hara with hype and powerboosts through the roof, sky, milky way... Just like Naruto, both were author gifted.
To be realistic, the power that puts Itachi on level with the big bad motherfuckers and makes him still stronger than Sasuke comes purely from the Sword of Totsuka and the Yata Mirror. The reason we barely saw anything from them is the ridiculous broken implications they could have. Imagine if the Yata were around against the Ten Tails pre-Juubito.

The shield can redirect the power of, by the word of god, literally any attack. Every bijuudama that the ten tails used could have been harmlessly redirected right back into its face. The Sword of Totsuka is a sealing mechanism no weaker than the Amber Purifying Pot but with the only restriction to its use being connecting with an attack with it. Which is fucking easy given that it's a sword with completely mutable form. Given this, the Totsuka is effectively a 100% guaranteed kill on any opponent that does not have the speed to overwhelm the Sharingan's sight and isn't just a path of Pain (this was like, the big debate way back when. Slightly less shitty times...).

Essentially, the spirit weapons were too damn OP to actually allow to remain in the story. Edo Madara? Who cares, seal the bastard, he'll fucking let you hit him. Oh no big damn meteor? Who gives a shit just cockblock that with your trusty mirror shield. They were a story-breaker power incarnate and that's exactly why Kishi removed them from the story as quickly as he could manage on both accounts.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AOTKorby For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (09-10-2013), kael03 (09-10-2013), ninjalostboy95 (09-10-2013), Numinous (09-10-2013)
Old 09-10-2013, 03:59 AM   #123
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekyl_hyde View Post
@Num

I must be a bigger nerd, or I'm missing something. All this time, I thought you were talking about the Celtic mythical being.
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I'm not talking about Cúchulainn of Celtic myth, it's the FF XII esper which is a loose reference to the hero.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #124
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I'm not talking about Cúchulainn of Celtic myth, it's the FF XII esper which is a loose reference to the hero.
Now that you mention it, I think I remember seeing you post something about that before the site went down for a couple of weeks.
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote