What manga series are you currently reading? - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 09-12-2013, 12:50 AM   #31
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road
Re: What manga series are you currently reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoKakarott023 View Post
Okay lets replace Bleach or Soul Eater that ended with Feng Shen Ji. It deserves a spot here EASILY!
OMGosh! I am in fucking heaven over here..man I love this manga....it has exactly what I yearn for....utter chaos, destruction, spells and gods getting their asses handed to them without wiping.....love the story too without a doubt....on chapter 20....we are in there!
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to apacolypz For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (09-12-2013)

Old 09-12-2013, 01:28 AM   #32
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,651 Times in 1,598 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

I just got to chapter 25. Holy fuck where has this been all my life.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (09-12-2013)
Old 09-12-2013, 01:56 AM   #33
apacolypz
ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
I just got to chapter 25. Holy fuck where has this been all my life.
It pisses me off that I have been reading and focusing on Bleach, Fairy Tail and Naruto of late and missed out on all the time I could of been cheerleading about Feng Shen Ji....Ugh I think I am in love....<3
Old 09-12-2013, 09:14 AM   #34
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

At first I was thinking that the uber blows almost every other panel was going to exhaust itself, and the color was going to go away after maybe a few pages. When the story breaks in its cool because the artwork is the freaking truth. I'll say this, prior to reading Feng, I had never envisioned someone grabbing a big assed horse by its snout, to punch it in half getting at the rider, and crushing him. It was quite a freaking site, only OP is above this in my world, and if this continues... dun... dun... duunnnnn....

After catching up to others with OP back in the day at a retarded pace, I'm going slow here. That original ride up the OP path was awesome, and I kicked myself for going to fast. Here I'm on like chapter 20, milking this out, lol.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.

Last edited by NeoKakarott023; 09-12-2013 at 09:18 AM.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:46 AM   #35
uzumakinagato
Chuunin

uzumakinagato is an unknown quantity at this point

Gotta read kingdom, kingdom is the truth.

Feng shen ji is really good but kingdom is just too much.

A manga about wars in old china where the main character tries to become a general. Awesome battles, great characters, the strategies are awesome and amazing deaths.

The eclips, damn that was fucked up....
uzumakinagato is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to uzumakinagato For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (09-14-2013)
Old 09-12-2013, 11:15 PM   #36
apacolypz
ANBU

Quote:
At first I was thinking that the uber blows almost every other panel was going to exhaust itself, and the color was going to go away after maybe a few pages. When the story breaks in its cool because the artwork is the freaking truth. I'll say this, prior to reading Feng, I had never envisioned someone grabbing a big assed horse by its snout, to punch it in half getting at the rider, and crushing him. It was quite a freaking site, only OP is above this in my world, and if this continues... dun... dun... duunnnnn....

After catching up to others with OP back in the day at a retarded pace, I'm going slow here. That original ride up the OP path was awesome, and I kicked myself for going to fast. Here I'm on like chapter 20, milking this out, lol.
Well damn..I am on chapter 57 right now...and seriously why can't all mangas be in color damnit! lol I thought the same Neo....I thought I would fail to continue to appreciate the art and the blood n guts..but the story alongside characters keep me hooked. Not only that but the brilliant mind that is behind the author. I am utterly enjoying watching Ah Gou's growth. I want to see him rescue grandpa...I want to see him punish Tian.....Though right now I want the elder God to get his shit handed to him.. (Spoiler alert)

Smelting Aura....and using it as part of your body...just sick......

I am sad..I caught up like two hours ago...and Mangapanda made me think there was a part 1 and part 2.....damn you!

Last edited by apacolypz; 09-13-2013 at 04:53 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to apacolypz For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (09-14-2013)
Old 09-13-2013, 08:25 AM   #37
NeoKakarott023

NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by apacolypz View Post
Well damn..I am on chapter 57 right now...and seriously why can't all mangas be in color damnit! lol I thought the same Neo....I thought I would fail to continue to appreciate the art and the blood n guts..but the story alongside characters keep me hooked. Not only that but the brilliant mind that is behind the author. I am utterly enjoying watching Ah Gou's growth. I want to see him rescue grandpa...I want to see him punish Tian.....Though right now I want the elder God to get his shit handed to him.. (Spoiler alert)

Smelting Aura....and using it as part of your body...just sick......

I am sad..I caught up like two hours ago...and Mangapanda made me think there was a part 1 and part 2.....damn you!
That's why I'm on like 23 my friend, Dude just got to the Fallen, slow burn....

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

The Following User Says Thank You to NeoKakarott023 For This Useful Post:
apacolypz (09-17-2013)
Old 09-13-2013, 07:25 PM   #38
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,651 Times in 1,598 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

I just caught up with the current chapter. I got to say every single arc of this series is just golden. Even the early parts where he's in the mines was nicely done. Ah Gou is a character that I honestly enjoy seeing grow and change for the better. He's a good example of what a protagonist should be. Cocky when it's necessary, but can bite his tongue when it's not. Willing to accept hardships for the sake of others, without sacrificing his own goals. Capable of working hard, without accepting any shortcuts. Basically everything Naruto, Ichigo, Natsu, and any other of you typical shounen main characters aren't.

I remember back in the late 90's and early 2000's I use to read several manhua's similar in art style to this one, and they were also fucking epic. Weapons of the Gods is the only one that comes to mind at the moment. The more I think about it, the more it seems Japan just sucks as manga and shit. Hong Kong Comics 4ever biatches!!!

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
J-man123 (09-15-2013), NeoKakarott023 (09-14-2013)
Old 09-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #39
NeoKakarott023

Current chapter, of Feng... check... Baddest Shit I Ever Read.... check. Lions Tigers Bears oh fucking my. This shit is the truth, the light, and the way. Is there an anime as well, somebody make my decade?

I speak 4 languages...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NeoKakarott023 For This Useful Post:
apacolypz (09-16-2013), ask me anything (09-16-2013)
Old 09-16-2013, 12:19 AM   #40
apacolypz
ANBU

Quote:
Current chapter, of Feng... check... Baddest Shit I Ever Read.... check. Lions Tigers Bears oh fucking my. This shit is the truth, the light, and the way. Is there an anime as well, somebody make my decade?
Sadly no my brother..i checked Friday hoping someone would also make my decade...... Feng is a freaking BEAST!!!! love just this manga man..like I am sitting here pissed and sad that I caught up and left no room for spared chapters....now I have to wait for another release....
Old 09-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #41
NeoKakarott023

Quote:
Originally Posted by apacolypz View Post
Sadly no my brother..i checked Friday hoping someone would also make my decade...... Feng is a freaking BEAST!!!! love just this manga man..like I am sitting here pissed and sad that I caught up and left no room for spared chapters....now I have to wait for another release....
Anyone know the timing on Feng, weekly, monthly, and oh God please nothing like Hellsing, 1 to 2 year wait times?

I speak 4 languages...

Old 09-16-2013, 11:49 PM   #42
apacolypz
ANBU

i hope soon....I can't tell how often the chapters are released. I am just hoping nothing like Berserk or D Gray man...where i have to wait like 6 months for a release.

Hey Neo and Askmeanything...who is your favorite character?

Leader of the Fallen is a badass... My fav just because of his calm collective nature though he houses some serious fighting power. (Reminds me of Itachi...being sick, powerful and fighting for the greater good of his people.)
Zhou or Ah Gou's father was the original badass
Uncle Zi is a bad ass

The mad god who was cursed by the high priest reminds me so much of Akuma from Berserk. ( alot of familiar characters in fact)
So many awesome characters...and we are basically still just getting started..This manga has crazy potential to become the top manga.

Last edited by apacolypz; 09-17-2013 at 01:55 AM.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:21 AM   #43
thefour99
Academy Student

thefour99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone! Newbie here. Seems like there's quite a lot people like Feng Shen Ji. Its my favorite manga too! For your information new chapters are released weekly(every friday) but in Chinese language. Not sure about the English translate though. I can read Chinese so currently I'm on season 3(after the war with gods)
thefour99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thefour99 For This Useful Post:
apacolypz (09-17-2013), ask me anything (09-17-2013), NeoKakarott023 (09-17-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 10:43 AM   #44
apacolypz
ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefour99 View Post
Hello everyone! Newbie here. Seems like there's quite a lot people like Feng Shen Ji. Its my favorite manga too! For your information new chapters are released weekly(every friday) but in Chinese language. Not sure about the English translate though. I can read Chinese so currently I'm on season 3(after the war with gods)
welcome and thanks for that info yo!
Old 09-17-2013, 10:54 AM   #45
J-man123
Supernova

J-man123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to you guys spent the last three days reading all of Kingdom and feng shen ji they are both awesome
J-man123 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J-man123 For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (09-17-2013), NeoKakarott023 (09-17-2013)