Doctor Who - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Movies & Television

Movies & Television Talk about your favorite classic or new movies here and also talk about your favorite television shows!

Old 09-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #1
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all
Doctor Who

Who watches this show? I hear good things about and see that it's gaining a lot of popularity. Just want to note if its worth it.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2013, 09:52 PM   #2
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Doctor Who

You've never seen Doctor Who? For shame.

I mean if you like sci-fi shows then yeah it's good...most of the time. It's nothing to take serious though. It's basically one notch above your typical sitcom with a dash of melodrama and aliens mixed in for good measure.

Oh, and the main character "the doctor" is basically an adventure junky with a serious side that comes out every now and then.

Last edited by ask me anything; 09-24-2013 at 09:54 PM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:20 PM   #3
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

do ittttttttttt
Old 09-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #4
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all

I ran out of ambien, thus lost interest... But still worth checking out iMO...

No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all you POWER/STRENGTH is no more USEFUL then a squirt gun....
And if You cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to Defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at WILL...

MINATO "KYF" NAMIKAZE.

People live relying on they're Knowledge and Perception, and thus are bound to them.....
Those Boundaries are what they tend to accept as "Reality".....
However..... Knowledge and Perception are both ambiguous....
so "Reality" could be nothing more....
then an illusion....

ITACHI UCHIHA
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #5
Spiegel
Pirate King

Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

A little over half way through the second season and I must say it's an enjoyable series. I've never really watched much sci-fi but this show I managed to get hooked on.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Old 12-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #6
Spiegel
Pirate King

Update: I am an official fan of this series. Freaking brilliant (even though it has massive amounts of dues ex machina and Steven Moffat's constant canon reversals)!
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Old 12-19-2013, 07:40 PM   #7
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Are you caught up? If not what season and episode are you currently on?

Old 12-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #8
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

I'm impatiently waiting for next week's Christmas special
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:05 PM   #9
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
I'm impatiently waiting for next week's Christmas special
Me as well. What did you think of the "Day of the Doctor" special they just released? That shit was good and all, but raised still more questions.

Did the Timelock never actually happen in the first place? It seems like with the previous doctors losing their memories after the whole event, then the John Hurt Doctor would have went back to his timeline not knowing what had previously transpired, and upon seeing Gallifrey gone, just assumed the timelock had worked! That means the death of all those billions he's been blaming himself over for 400+ years never actually happened to begin with. It also means that when The Master tried to summon Gallifrey 4 or 5 seasons ago, it wasn't from any timelock, but rather from the picture cube dimension they had stored it in! Now how (and why) is the Doctor going to go look for his home world in order to restore it, when it was lready pointed out for some time now, that the Timelord Senate is a bunch of evil douches, twisted into darkness by their countless years of war against the Daleks and other creatures. It seems like unleashing Gallifrey at this point would be a very very bad idea.

Also what the fuck is up with that old doctor at the end? He said the doctor would go back latter in his life and "revisit" some of his old forms. From the way he said that and the context of the situation, I assume he meant he (the doctor) would in some of his future regenerations go back and reuse some of his old forms. The problem with this, is that the Doctor is already on his 12th form, and his 13th, and supposedly last form has already been revealed (I much approve of it by the way). So where are these bonus lives coming from?

Last edited by ask me anything; 12-20-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #10
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

The new doctor doesn't like the color of his kidneys, apparently.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #11
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Wut?.......

Old 12-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #12
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Watch the Christmas special and you'll understand.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:11 PM   #13
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Good stuff. I liked his speech at the end about people always changing throughout there lives. Hardly original, but well delivered all the same.

"Do you know how to pilot this thing." Shit had me in stitches.

Old 12-29-2013, 06:47 PM   #14
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

At least it answered the question about the half regeneration with the 10th doctor.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:49 PM   #15
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

It could have been done a bit different IMO. Like when the Doctor's little Cyberman friend died near the end, and gave him the final message about fixing the telephone. I thought for sure the Doctor would have come to the brilliant conclusion of patching the phone through the Tardis's main core, and sending a message of his own back through the crack to the timelords on the other side. Explain the situation and how dalek fleets were literally waiting to annihilate them if they came through, get a fix on their location in the alternate dimension they're in, and tell them he'll look for another weak spot somewhere in his universe to get them out from in a bit more discrete manor. Then they just turn their message off. See, all problems solved. Doctor eventually gets his people back (later), the residents don't have to die, and evil assholes everywhere have no reason to annihilate that planet anymore. Anticlimatic to be sure, but WAY more logical.

Additionally, once the Daleks broke the peace and everyone started invading the planet, what exactly was the disincentive for the Doctor to not just summon the Time Lords back? Seems like keeping the "status quo" was the only thing really stopping him to begin with, and once the Daleks, Cybermen, Weeping Angels (and other nefarious groups) threw peace out the window, the Doctor had nothing stopping him. He should have been like "Meh, I thought you guys knew better than to cross me?! Now you got to deal with a few billion of my people for your transgressions!!!".

/fuck yeah