Naruto 648 - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 09-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #31
AOTKorby
Leaf on the Wind

Thanked 5,583 Times in 2,262 Posts
AOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the rough
Re: Naruto 648

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Playing devil's advocate here on the second mizukage. Maybe the appearance he had as an Edo is from age? He had grey hair after all.
It's not just the hair though. Whoever this asshole is shares absolutely no characteristics with the 2nd Mizukage. Completely different outfit, demeanor, hair, physical appearance, lack of shitty mustache, etc. It's like they couldn't have made a further disparity without having him be another black guy from Kumo.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AOTKorby For This Useful Post:
jekyl_hyde (09-25-2013), kael03 (09-25-2013), platinumrug (09-25-2013), Sensei-Q (09-25-2013)

Old 09-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #32
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaner View Post
I wouldn't mind reading it just for the background since this Goku/Vegeta vs the giant plant is starting to dra.....gggggg........
Do not confuse Goku/Vegeta with Naruto/Sasuke. At least Goku and Vegeta were entertaining. Naruto and Sasuke are just a naive, arrogant coupling.
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jekyl_hyde For This Useful Post:
dmaner (09-25-2013)
Old 09-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #33
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,722 Times in 3,844 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
It's not just the hair though. Whoever this asshole is shares absolutely no characteristics with the 2nd Mizukage. Completely different outfit, demeanor, hair, physical appearance, lack of shitty mustache, etc. It's like they couldn't have made a further disparity without having him be another black guy from Kumo.
Fair enough. The only other thing I can think of that isn't Kishi's incompetence is that the guy we know as the 2nd Mizukage isn't the original choice, but either killed the guy in this chapter, or took advantage of a poorly timed death to jump into position.
kael03 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Human Rasengan (09-25-2013), platinumrug (09-25-2013)
Old 09-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #34
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It's like they couldn't have made a further disparity without having him be another black guy from Kumo.
As you know, there can only be one "Cleveland" on the show.
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jekyl_hyde For This Useful Post:
Human Rasengan (09-25-2013), platinumrug (09-25-2013)
Old 09-25-2013, 05:42 PM   #35
Sensei-Q
✪✪✪✪✪

Thanked 2,926 Times in 1,726 Posts
Sensei-Q has a spectacular aura aboutSensei-Q has a spectacular aura aboutSensei-Q has a spectacular aura aboutSensei-Q has a spectacular aura about

Waiting for copy ninja to appear out nowhere to do a kamui variant of Vegeta's Final Atonement. Warp him to outer space so they both die.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #36
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,660 Times in 1,601 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Quote:
EDIT: Also did Kishimoto completely fucking forget what the 2nd Mizukage looked like or something? You know, the asshole with the Jokey Boy and all the illusion bullshit. Because all the people they show there as the "totally the 2nd kage from each village" match up except for the Mist's.
Who said that was even the 2nd mizukage at that meeting? Or any of the other guys presented there for that matter. The fact that some of those guys would latter go on to become the 2nd Kages of their respective villages could just be a mere coincidence.

Last edited by ask me anything; 09-25-2013 at 05:56 PM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
gringie (09-25-2013), Human Rasengan (09-25-2013), Sensei-Q (09-26-2013)
Old 09-25-2013, 06:14 PM   #37
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
Who said that was even the 2nd mizukage at that meeting? Or any of the other guys presented there for that matter. The fact that some of those guys would latter go on to become the 2nd Kages of their respective villages could just be a mere coincidence.
The thing is that all of the guys except the Orochimaru wannabe did earn the spot of Nidaime, even the 2nd Kazekage that Kishimoto only drew in the very beginning of Part II before now. It's like Kishi is trying to trigger OCD's everywhere with that odd character.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #38
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,660 Times in 1,601 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
The thing is that all of the guys except the Orochimaru wannabe did earn the spot of Nidaime, even the 2nd Kazekage that Kishimoto only drew in the very beginning of Part II before now. It's like Kishi is trying to trigger OCD's everywhere with that odd character.
Like I said, coincidence. Logically speaking, if you were a Kage in that situation and could only take one guy with you to this meeting, you would definitely pick someone of the highest caliber. It's not that unnatural to think that this same person would later find himself on the short list of names as your potential replacement.

From what we've seen of the Kage picking process it's not exactly something that they would have already decided on beforehand. It's not like they all picked those guys out and named them their vice-presidents. It seems like they (the feudal lord and his advisers) only decide that stuff after the current kage is already dead. At least in konoha anyways.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
gringie (09-25-2013), platinumrug (09-25-2013)
Old 09-25-2013, 07:16 PM   #39
gringie
my ninja way!

gringie is an unknown quantity at this point

the fan art on these manga pages are really annoying, now ochi sayin saskue is close to madara smh x2..... this saga just turned into a 5th grade story book btw cs = senjutsu lmao

I'll toss your baby with an explosive seal tag on it!!!
gringie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #40
Human Rasengan
S-Ranked Shinobi

Thanked 1,152 Times in 787 Posts
Human Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura about

This is another first for me.

I read the chapter earlier and had the same reaction as the rest of you, slow pace, moar flashbacks, wrong mizukage ect.

then I went back and re-read a few times. looked at the artwork which was this issues best feature. But as for the details in the story. I didn't mind the biju seperation story. Hashi didn't collect all the biju Suna had shukaku for a long time, Tobirama has always been a natural leader. damn right .. you want a biju so you gotta pay me bitches.. yes Tobirama for Best kage!!!

I didn't think that the first Kazekage was asking for too much for the land.. he should have said 20 percent and that would have gotten his offer accepted. At some point this agreement goes ahead and Sunagakure gets screwed and probably starts some shit with Iwa.. so this helped to show that the current shinobi world state wasn't all Konoha's fault.

On the second Mizukage thing. I'm sure the Mizu bodyguard either dies in battle and is replaced by Hozuki or Hozuki catches him slipping before corronation and puts a water bullet in his head and assumes the thrown and starts the bloody mist.

Sasuke uses Juugo like we all predicted and the kage finally arrive.

Now that we're 2 chaps away from 650 we should see the beginnings of some cool battles .. combination jutsu a fuckton of fodder death with a few notables mixed in. 4th raikage should die Dauiru takes over Tsunade should somehow die in Hashi's arms and Sasuke should somehow take control of a few biju by wars end. at first to slaughter them but then to take the power for himself .. since he knows whats best.

If not for my second look I would have missed these small gems
for those of you who don't understand.. I'm coming from an illogical perspective so your logic won't fit my argument .. it'll only give you a headache.. remember ..belief doesn't require a co-signer There Is A Fine Line Between Genius And Insanity , I Have Erased This Line ! If I were you I'd hate me too.. I am the HUMAN RASENGAN!!!

The power of despair is great in you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlzx4...&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3qkz4WfOto

LOL I'M DYING BACK HERE
Human Rasengan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:03 PM   #41
gringie
my ninja way!

gringie is an unknown quantity at this point

from what i c kishi might end it like full metal alchemist brotherhood, sealing the chakra meaning in no biju's

I'll toss your baby with an explosive seal tag on it!!!

Last edited by gringie; 09-25-2013 at 09:08 PM.
gringie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gringie For This Useful Post:
MrBIG (09-25-2013)
Old 09-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #42
MrBIG
Genin

MrBIG is an unknown quantity at this point

It's gunna be hilarious reading the 649 chapter prediction, only to have it be more boring motivational bullshit.
MrBIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:23 PM   #43
platinumrug
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanked 3,034 Times in 1,400 Posts
platinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really nice

This chapter was pretty boring, even for a talkative chapter which I happen to enjoy more.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:31 AM   #44
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road

Well having the five Kages there won't really mean squat shit.....all they can do is play defense. Their ninjutsu will be nullified against Obito. The only four that can attack are, Sasuke-Juugo, Orochimaru, Hashirama, and Naruto. With that being said, since Tsunade just got back from another death threat she won't be laying down again. Maybe Oonoki will perish to have his son take over. Though I don't believe any other Kage will die. Naruto has watched his friends die and he has personally felt that despair. I can see him going all out to prevent any other from dying. Boosting their chakra cloaks to the max. Since Minato is pretty much sitting fodder and Tobirama is fearful OBito will kill him the next time he uses FTG they won't matter next chapter. What Kishi should do is make some two man teams so there can be offense and defense in attacking Obito. Rai and Sasuke, Naruto and Oonoki, Orochimaru and Mei would be kinda badass. Idc how it happens but I want to see pairings;justu combos, awesome engagements.
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:47 AM   #45
Human Rasengan
S-Ranked Shinobi

Thanked 1,152 Times in 787 Posts
Human Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura about

No there is no end in sightto the manga. Kishi has to fisnish the war. put the political struggle for power into play restore national boundaries and finish this struggle between uchiha and Senju. Naruto and Sasuke

yes dammit naruto is Senju
for those of you who don't understand.. I'm coming from an illogical perspective so your logic won't fit my argument .. it'll only give you a headache.. remember ..belief doesn't require a co-signer There Is A Fine Line Between Genius And Insanity , I Have Erased This Line ! If I were you I'd hate me too.. I am the HUMAN RASENGAN!!!

The power of despair is great in you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlzx4...&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3qkz4WfOto

LOL I'M DYING BACK HERE
Human Rasengan is offline   Reply With Quote