One piece 723 - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 10-03-2013, 08:33 AM   #16
Gakure
JESUS LOVES YOU

Thanked 1,022 Times in 582 Posts
Gakure will become famous soon enoughGakure will become famous soon enough
Re: One piece 723

Gladius=toy DF?

@Apacolypz. I certainly think so with regards to Bart. Caribou is another candidate in addition to the already FM pirate Crew(Jimbei).

Audio Text More

SALVATION PRAYER
O Lord God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus Christ. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21). I ask Jesus to come into my heart to be the Lord of my life. I receive eternal life into my spirit and according to Romans 10:9, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved," I declare that I am saved; I am born-again; I am a child of God! I now have Christ dwelling in me, and greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4)! I now walk in the consciousness of my new life in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!"

BEST DECISION EVER!!!

Jesus Loves You!!! He Always Has. He Always WIll
Gakure is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #17
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gakure View Post
Gladius=toy DF?

@Apacolypz. I certainly think so with regards to Bart. Caribou is another candidate in addition to the already FM pirate Crew(Jimbei).
Agreed, but Buggy hit me as creepy initially as well, and I couldn't gage him. Later I understood he's a Hustla just trying to stay alive and have some power to keep shit off of him. He's casually attempting to be the KOP, taking the long and scenic route as it presents itself to him.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #18
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

I still think there is more to Buggy than we know. I won't be surprised if he does know how to get to RT, but lacks the power to get there himself or something else holds him back.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #19
NeoKakarott023

NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
I still think there is more to Buggy than we know. I won't be surprised if he does know how to get to RT, but lacks the power to get there himself or something else holds him back.
Yeah nobody from Gol D. Rogers crew has rushed back there. They all carry an 'inner sadness' about something unknown or spoken of, like Veterans of PTSD.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

Old 10-04-2013, 02:39 AM   #20
icedraon620
God of Tanukis

icedraon620 is on a distinguished roadicedraon620 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Gladius=toy DF?

I still firmly believe the little girl is the toy user. The only problem is that she would need to be much older to fit in with Rebecca's arc.

Also, I could foresee Bart being an enemy once being rejected from SHs haha. I think most of them won't receive his personality well.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #21
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Buck09 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
Buggy still has loads of room for potential in my eyes, I mean from what we have seen of him so far he is one lucky bastard getting a break one time after another, I'm talking about like, Saved from Impel Down ( The hardest to get out of prison ), gather such a large force from the escaped pirates, then at the WAr even though he didnt exactly fight but he still made it out alive not much can be said for others there.

He was apart of the strongest crew to sail the seas and he still held his own, yeah from the small glimpses he looked to be the comic relief character, but isnt that the position Ussop holds on the SH ? And look how awesome he has been.

I think if Buggy puts his mind to it and actually tries he really could be a tough opponent, hes crafty able to use whatever he can to fight. One thing though I've always wandered, do you think he might have Haki or would have it after the time-skip ?

Gold D Roger obviously had it, his first mate had it, Shanks has it. Doesn't need to be Conqueror Haki mind you but I think in the future he should have it.
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Kamina: Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

(All quotes from one of my favourite Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Buck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:07 PM   #22
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,770 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Ideally, it would be beneficial to have multiple haki users in your crew. At least have armament and observation haki mastered to a varying degree. Since now the story is focused in the New World where DF users, especially Logia types, are a lot more prominent, having a lot more haki users is a must. That being said, I'm sure that Buggy has powered up since the two year time skip. Reason's to believe that is that the World Government isn't stupid enough to give the title of Shichibukai to just any pirate. I'm sure that they have their own reason for keeping Buggy around and making him a SB. Location for One Piece being one of them probably. WG probably had Buggy either trained or mentally controlled like Bartholomew Kuma.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:26 PM   #23
NeoKakarott023

Buggy does has the ability to dupe people for no apparent reason. Though he didn't dupe WB, everyone else was duped into believing that WB thought he was a somebody. He could power up, I think that's outright necessary in the New World, but the Dude has the gift of gab, and sometimes even knows the right time to stfu, and avoid death. He's not the strongest character, but he has mad survival skills.

I speak 4 languages...

Old 10-06-2013, 07:45 AM   #24
Gakure
JESUS LOVES YOU

Thanked 1,022 Times in 582 Posts
Gakure will become famous soon enoughGakure will become famous soon enough

Isn't Law a little too loyal. I am thinking he is doing all this to free his crew from something or someone and he needs the SH for that. He's just loyal cos he expects the SH to reciprocate the favour and help free his crew.

About Buggy, I think the WG recruited him for some hidden purposes other than power. Maybe they dont want another Shanks.

Audio Text More

SALVATION PRAYER
O Lord God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus Christ. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21). I ask Jesus to come into my heart to be the Lord of my life. I receive eternal life into my spirit and according to Romans 10:9, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved," I declare that I am saved; I am born-again; I am a child of God! I now have Christ dwelling in me, and greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4)! I now walk in the consciousness of my new life in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!"

BEST DECISION EVER!!!

Jesus Loves You!!! He Always Has. He Always WIll
Gakure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:47 PM   #25
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Isn't Law a little too loyal. I am thinking he is doing all this to free his crew from something or someone and he needs the SH for that. He's just loyal cos he expects the SH to reciprocate the favour and help free his crew.

About Buggy, I think the WG recruited him for some hidden purposes other than power. Maybe they dont want another Shanks.
Law's crew was near where Kinemon's group was taken...I first hypothesized that Law's crew were also taken or under some sort of trouble. Thus the reason any has come to his rescue or been apart of this arc yet. Even way back in PH I kept asking myself why would the Captain leave his crew?
apacolypz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:17 AM   #26
NeoKakarott023

Quote:
Originally Posted by apacolypz View Post
Law's crew was near where Kinemon's group was taken...I first hypothesized that Law's crew were also taken or under some sort of trouble. Thus the reason any has come to his rescue or been apart of this arc yet. Even way back in PH I kept asking myself why would the Captain leave his crew?
He could be going through the same thing Luffy did when he got separated from the SH's to set up the Rescue Ace Arc. It allowed Luffy and all of them to grow in they're own way, but if they were with Luffy at Impel Downs, or Battle of the Best, some of the crew would've perished, or been arrested by the WG, prolly the same kind of situation for Law. He's not disclosed why he's doing what he's doing yet, that's the X Factor, we've not heard of, or met his 'why' just yet. And I'm not thinking simply to overthrow Yonkou, its something moar specific, and personal.

On another note, after thinking about Bart for a while... he's going to become a SH, calling it now. Whats so creepy is how he's tripping, not only over Luffy, but Zoro as well, and knows all they're stories like Super fans, but drooling like Sanji over women. He'll eventually get the 'believe in yourself' theme from Luffy, and become a Nakama... whilst Bellamy will get his own Pirate crew back together, and become a somebody thanks to Luffy. He'll be a huge ally later.

I speak 4 languages...

Last edited by NeoKakarott023; 10-07-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #27
apacolypz
ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoKakarott023 View Post
He could be going through the same thing Luffy did when he got separated from the SH's to set up the Rescue Ace Arc. It allowed Luffy and all of them to grow in they're own way, but if they were with Luffy at Impel Downs, or Battle of the Best, some of the crew would've perished, or been arrested by the WG, prolly the same kind of situation for Law. He's not disclosed why he's doing what he's doing yet, that's the X Factor, we've not heard of, or met his 'why' just yet. And I'm not thinking simply to overthrow Yonkou, its something moar specific, and personal.

On another note, after thinking about Bart for a while... he's going to become a SH, calling it now. Whats so creepy is how he's tripping, not only over Luffy, but Zoro as well, and knows all they're stories like Super fans, but drooling like Sanji over women. He'll eventually get the 'believe in yourself' theme from Luffy, and become a Nakama... whilst Bellamy will get his own Pirate crew back together, and become a somebody thanks to Luffy. He'll be a huge ally later.

I can dig both outcomes. I also could see a future rescue arc in regard to Laws crew. The dynamic of having law aboard the sunny is delightful. We will have to see what Oda plans to do with Kinemon once he rescues his friend.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #28
NeoKakarott023

Quote:
Originally Posted by apacolypz View Post
I can dig both outcomes. I also could see a future rescue arc in regard to Laws crew. The dynamic of having law aboard the sunny is delightful. We will have to see what Oda plans to do with Kinemon once he rescues his friend.
I'm thinking he stays, with his Son, but that'd be waay too many swordsmen for one crew, or would you guess differently? That'd be Zoro, Brook, and Kinemon as swordsmen, feels like too much in one area, and different from DF powers.

I speak 4 languages...

Old 10-07-2013, 11:45 PM   #29
apacolypz
ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoKakarott023 View Post
I'm thinking he stays, with his Son, but that'd be waay too many swordsmen for one crew, or would you guess differently? That'd be Zoro, Brook, and Kinemon as swordsmen, feels like too much in one area, and different from DF powers.
True but that is no different than having multiple DF users on board which are Luffy, Robin and Brook. I actually like the dynamic of having three swordsmen. Their styles are all completely different. Ice, Fire and Haki infused techs. Obviously Zoro is aiming to be the best and he desires to know more about the Wano style of combat. Kinemon could be his teacher for a lil while. Then have Kinemon return home leaving Momo to his own life and adventures. Time to fill up the boat with bad ass fighters.