One Piece 724 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 10-08-2013, 04:18 AM   #1
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road
One Piece 724

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/724

As we already knew Dofla used the Ito Ito fruit to travel on clouds.. Fuji eating while he sends out comets against SH's was funny. Law effortlessly using shambles to turn the comet into the battleship a nice touch. Too bad his stamina is so low that he can't fight long. Telling the rest of the SH crew to head to Zou. Kinemon's group still are at the factory with Franky. They apparently can't destroy it yet. Law planned to go down in this bout but after he brought about the chaos to change the current hierarchy and system that is the WG and how pirates rule. CC is with Nami but Law gave him his heart back? Dofla using five colored strings but also able to turn his strings into piercing flames of heat as his whip easily cut through DR's town building. 13 years ago Dofla did something to Law of which he has planned this entire game of revenge based on. Luffy is still dealing with the blocks in the Colosseum. The army probably hasn't departed from the factory just yet. Also we still have the Dofla family to deal with. As I figured and stated Sanji just wasn't strong enough to battle a warlord just yet. He would of been toast if Law didn't warp. Awesome chapter the pages weren't cleaned that well...so can't wait for MS trans!

Last edited by apacolypz; 10-08-2013 at 04:34 AM.
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to apacolypz For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (10-08-2013)

Old 10-08-2013, 06:27 AM   #2
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
Re: One Piece 724

Awesome chapter.

Need more info on Law's past with Dofla now!

Dfla's ability has insane range, Fuji eating Ala luffy while kicking ass was hilarious and Law redirecting that meteor was beast. As expected Sanji couldn't do much, not that it is detrimental to his rep since Jozu, one of the most powerful pirates in OP had the same thing done to him.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2013, 08:09 AM   #3
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Buck09 is on a distinguished road

Great chapter Dofla is so boss !
Is there a translation for what his actually DF is called ? Its not like String String or something ?

Little confused by the last page though, was that a flash back or is it next week Law Vs Dofla ?
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Kamina: Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

(All quotes from one of my favourite Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Buck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buck09 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2013, 09:29 AM   #4
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

I kinda knew Law was just using the Sh's for part of his goal, though he's been cool, he's a Pirate. Additionally him and the SH's weren't 'that' close in the first place. Its not like they started out together seeing each other back in the days of East Blue. Luffy simply has the opinion that it was a good idea, and his crew can work its way out of anything, he wasn't duped totally, cause he can show some slowness occasionally.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:55 AM   #5
apacolypz
ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoKakarott023 View Post
I kinda knew Law was just using the Sh's for part of his goal, though he's been cool, he's a Pirate. Additionally him and the SH's weren't 'that' close in the first place. Its not like they started out together seeing each other back in the days of East Blue. Luffy simply has the opinion that it was a good idea, and his crew can work its way out of anything, he wasn't duped totally, cause he can show some slowness occasionally.
Agreed Luffy did this for his own reasons. He didn't get sapped into the agreement. Luffy went on a whim and followed his gut. He owed Law for saving his life and either way Luffy pays his debts.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #6
Pritha
Chuunin

Pritha is on a distinguished road

I think SH will save Law in the end, maybe directly or indirectly but they will go separate ways eventually. And also i think its luffy who is going to destroy dofla, not kaido and that kaido will start targetting luffy from then on, just like big mam
Pritha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #7
Gakure
JESUS LOVES YOU

Thanked 1,022 Times in 582 Posts
Gakure will become famous soon enoughGakure will become famous soon enough

Sanji fighting style let him down I'll say. He should have just allowed Zorro instead. Wait, Zoro can't fly, Sanji was the best choice afterall. How Lufy will overcome this ability is beyond me, even his haki can't take this kind of attacks. My best bet is Zoro or Lufy and Zoro vs Dfla 2 on 1.

Audio Text More

SALVATION PRAYER
O Lord God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus Christ. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21). I ask Jesus to come into my heart to be the Lord of my life. I receive eternal life into my spirit and according to Romans 10:9, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved," I declare that I am saved; I am born-again; I am a child of God! I now have Christ dwelling in me, and greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4)! I now walk in the consciousness of my new life in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!"

BEST DECISION EVER!!!

Jesus Loves You!!! He Always Has. He Always WIll
Gakure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:40 PM   #8
dmaner
Academy Student

dmaner is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome Chapter!

Will be interested if the manga starts taking turns following both halves of the crew, or if we will be without the Sunny group for a long time such as when Luffy was on his own for nearly 100 chapters. Hope not, really want the SHs to stay together for the rest of the journey as much as possible.

Second thought, anyone have a translation to what "Ito Ito no mi" would mean? I definitely see the string abilities confirmed, but how does that allow Dfla to connect the strings to clouds so he can fly as the "Sky Demon"? Know Dfla was designed to be similar to a Flamingo in design, but the string abilities almost make me think of him as a spider. Could it instead of being a String ability actually be a spider Zoan type instead? Probably just a shot in the dark, but the string coming out of his hand all Spider-Man style made me think of it.

Anywho, looking forward to Law vs Dfla without Fujitora stepping in. See what Dfla can do and how powerful Law really is, and his past with Dfla.
dmaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #9
NeoKakarott023

NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gakure View Post
Sanji fighting style let him down I'll say. He should have just allowed Zorro instead. Wait, Zoro can't fly, Sanji was the best choice afterall. How Lufy will overcome this ability is beyond me, even his haki can't take this kind of attacks. My best bet is Zoro or Lufy and Zoro vs Dfla 2 on 1.
Nah, actually Sanji did good to recover from the first slash, and come back with moar. I called it last week, Donflamingo is too much for every SH but maybe Zoro, but Zoro is too destructive, he would've slashed the Sunny in half going after Don leaving everyone else in peril. Slashes in the sky by Zoro easily avoidable by someone whom skips from cloud to cloud. He got his ass handed to him Sanji, but he didn't quit.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

Old 10-08-2013, 09:20 PM   #10
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

LOL, so DD is basically the bad ass version of Spiderman. The way he swings from skyscraper to skyscraper cloud to cloud, and the catches people in his 'webbing'. Yep, spiderman indeed.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:11 PM   #11
icedraon620
God of Tanukis

icedraon620 is on a distinguished roadicedraon620 is on a distinguished road

I'm going to be so pissed if Law gets wiped out in this arc. He's one of the better characters around! Though I'm curious what exactly he means by ending the alliance. Does he think he is going to die or is he ending it so that he doesn't have to deal with Kaidou?

On a side note, the towns people might start to panic seeing that DD destroyed a building and has been fighting another Warlord/Admiral. How have they not seen the meteors though? In any case, CP0 should make another appearance because of this. If Law gets the upper hand, I would not be surprised if they step in.

Last edited by icedraon620; 10-08-2013 at 11:24 PM.
icedraon620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:28 PM   #12
apacolypz
ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedraon620 View Post
I'm going to be so pissed if Law gets wiped out in this arc. He's one of the better characters around! Though I'm curious what exactly he means by ending the alliance. Does he think he is going to die or is he ending it so that he doesn't have to deal with Kaidou?

On a side note, the towns people might start to panic seeing that DD destroyed a building and has been fighting another Warlord/Admiral. How have they not seen the meteors though? In any case, CP0 should make another appearance because of this. If Law gets the upper hand, I would not be surprised if they step in.
He means end their alliance as he is about to face dofla and the sh's are headed to Zou without him. His men is near Zou but since dofla cornered him he has to make his last stand here. He didn't want to risk them getting hurt which is why he tried to distract dofla. He only used them to destroy smile and capture cc. This was to bring down kaidou on dofla. I agree luffy may show
Up just to help Law. I do like the idea of both kaidou and big ma'am coming after Luffy and team. This may not be the end of the alliance group. Their just split up right now to really matter.
icedraon620 (10-08-2013)
Old 10-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #13
gringie
my ninja way!

gringie is an unknown quantity at this point

sucks to find out law used the SH, but then again he still tellin the other half to head over to zou.... i understand for them to let his crew know whats goin on, but it still makes no sense.... if someone uses u to do somethin they wouldn't care what happens to u afterwards..... btw the other half on the ship is straight flat leavers, takin orders from somebody outside the crew, makes me look at them like weaklings

I'll toss your baby with an explosive seal tag on it!!!
gringie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #14
NeoKakarott023

Law's alliance wasn't suppose to last forever, only for the goal of pointing Kaido's wrath toward Don Flamingo. Perhaps he doesn't believe he can beat him 1 on 1, and simply wants to irritate the hell out of him for past misdeeds toward him. The 'smarter' SH's like Robin, Nami, and even Joe Fear himself Ussopp should've at least discussed the possibilities in the future one would guess. But the SH's are usually thrust into one situation after another, but it seemed that during the planning on the Sunny, in route, somebody would've discussed the cons. Luffy only see's pro's all the time, even when he's headed to a freaking island on fire.

I speak 4 languages...

Old 10-10-2013, 12:18 AM   #15
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedraon620 View Post

He could be bluffing for the sake of saving everyone's asses. I know the alliance won't last forever but I didn't think it would end so soon either.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote