your favorite anime series - Page 13 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 10-24-2013, 04:33 AM   #181
JaySimpson
Academy Student

JaySimpson is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: your favorite anime series

I love to watch Naruto and One piece.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:46 AM   #182
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: your favorite anime series

Was bored last night and relived Guren Lagann, classic Bad Ass, from the past.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NeoKakarott023 For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (10-26-2013), Spiegel (10-26-2013)
Old 10-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #183
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,774 Times in 930 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

You should check out Kill la Kill. Same director/creator as Gurren Lagann.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:32 AM   #184
NeoKakarott023

NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiegel View Post
You should check out Kill la Kill. Same director/creator as Gurren Lagann.
I've checked out the first 2 or 3, pretty good.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

Old 03-17-2014, 04:31 PM   #185
NeoKakarott023

Touched D Gray Man a bit before, but didn't stick to it. Kinda cool, a bit moar organized than Soul Eater, with the same flavor, already on chapter 50. I know its old, but I was stuck to other things like Hellsing OVA's, etc.

I speak 4 languages...

Old 03-17-2014, 07:50 PM   #186
Spiegel
Pirate King

Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

D. Gray Man is an excellent series. It gets a little chaotic towards the more recent chapters though. I believe it's currently on hiatus.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
The Following User Says Thank You to Spiegel For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (03-17-2014)
Old 03-17-2014, 09:56 PM   #187
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,722 Times in 3,844 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

D.Gray Man is on hiatus. The author has had issues with her wrist and has a history with a chronic illness that leaves her unable to do anything. She has been getting better, at least we'll enough to do one - shots.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:00 PM   #188
Senkradl0l
Academy Student

Senkradl0l is an unknown quantity at this point

Kill la Kill so far is garbage. I can't believe people like it
Senkradl0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:21 PM   #189
Spiegel
Pirate King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senkradl0l View Post
Kill la Kill so far is garbage. I can't believe people like it
What?! That series is hysterically awesome. Albeit, it's not Gurren Lagann quality but it holds its own. Best series of this season I believe.
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Old 03-17-2014, 11:58 PM   #190
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What?! That series is hysterically awesome. Albeit, it's not Gurren Lagann quality but it holds its own. Best series of this season I believe.
I am watching Witch Clock Works, Dead Man Wonderland, Kill La Kill as well.
On the subject of Kill La Kill...it may be a little over the top but like Spiegel said it serves it's purpose for blood and insane humor. The chicky feel can be alleviated by the pure awesomeness that is Kill La Kill. It is type predictable but it is drawn so well and they nail the entertainment like no other currently.

Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Magi, Berserk, D gray Man, Witch Craft works, Magical Index-Accelerator, Magical Index, Magical Index-Rail Gun,Magical Index-Endiyram, Claymore, Soul Eater, God Eater, Bride of The Water God, UQ Holder, Prototype of Sinbad, freezing, Fairy Tail, Feng Shen Ji, Attack on Titan, Blood Lad, Witch Hunter, Ubel Blatt, Wolf Guy, Noblesse, Deadman Wonderland, Ajin and Devil is a Part Timer

Why do you challenge me? Have I not given you everything....Mortal?-TIAN

Feng Shen Ji
apacolypz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to apacolypz For This Useful Post:
Spiegel (03-18-2014)
Old 03-18-2014, 12:28 AM   #191
Spiegel
Pirate King

Quote:
Originally Posted by apacolypz View Post
I am watching Witch Clock Works, Dead Man Wonderland, Kill La Kill as well.
On the subject of Kill La Kill...it may be a little over the top but like Spiegel said it serves it's purpose for blood and insane humor. The chicky feel can be alleviated by the pure awesomeness that is Kill La Kill. It is type predictable but it is drawn so well and they nail the entertainment like no other currently.
I've also been checking out some of the other new series for this season. Two in particular caught my attention. Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda and Noragami.

Noragami is about an up-and-coming god named Yato (god of calamity) that is trying to make it big and become popular and well known by modern day society. He doesn't have a shrine like most gods in Japan do so he does random jobs from cleaning to slaying phantoms to save up enough money and build his own shine/temple. He usually charges 5 yen per job no matter how big or small it is which gets on his Regalia's (Yukine) nerve (a type of assistant to the god that gets summoned when needed and turns into a weapon during battles. think Soul Eater). The other main character is a girl (Hiyori) who tried to save Yato from getting hit by a bus. Instead she gets hit so to return the favor Yato saves her life but there are some side effects to her life getting saved. Every so often, at random, her soul leaves her physical body and ends up wondering around in spirit form without her knowing until another Yato or other spiritual person points it out for her. The main storyline is not yet apparent but it does have some really good short plots and the action is very well executed.

Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda or World Conquest Zvezda Plot is about a secret society that is trying to take over the world (insert Pinky and the Brain theme song) and is being led by this little girl with weird abilities. It is somewhat wacky and the plot can sometimes be random from episode to episode but the main jist is that Zvezda is trying to take over the world while another organization, White Light, opposes them and protects the world from their "evil" deeds. It composed of very interesting and unique characters within the main group. We have a scientist who is half naked most of the time with her robot assistant that eats udo as her source of power. Goro, a very large man that wears a military outfit and skeleton mask during missions or active in battle (very badass), two foot soliders which consist of a laid back slacker chain smoker and the main character who joins out of sheer necessity because he ran away from home and had nowhere else to stay and cooks for everyone, and finally a sword wielding chick with an eyepatch that is completely loyal to the leader of Zvezda. At times it's silly but when the action picks up it can be very good to watch. I feel like it might take a more serious tone later on, kinda like Katekyo Hitman Reborn. So it's a promising series with excellent potential.

Forgot to comment on Deadman Wonderland. Sick series. I watched the anime which left me begging for more so I completed the manga. Simply kickass. Can't wait for the second anime season.
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*

Last edited by Spiegel; 03-18-2014 at 12:29 AM.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:10 AM   #192
Senkradl0l
Academy Student

Senkradl0l is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
It's way too over the top and not funny at all to me. It's like trying to make fun of itself with you about how over the top it is, which isn't funny/ working for me.
Senkradl0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:31 AM   #193
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I've also been checking out some of the other new series for this season. Two in particular caught my attention. Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda and Noragami.

Noragami is about an up-and-coming god named Yato (god of calamity) that is trying to make it big and become popular and well known by modern day society. He doesn't have a shrine like most gods in Japan do so he does random jobs from cleaning to slaying phantoms to save up enough money and build his own shine/temple. He usually charges 5 yen per job no matter how big or small it is which gets on his Regalia's (Yukine) nerve (a type of assistant to the god that gets summoned when needed and turns into a weapon during battles. think Soul Eater). The other main character is a girl (Hiyori) who tried to save Yato from getting hit by a bus. Instead she gets hit so to return the favor Yato saves her life but there are some side effects to her life getting saved. Every so often, at random, her soul leaves her physical body and ends up wondering around in spirit form without her knowing until another Yato or other spiritual person points it out for her. The main storyline is not yet apparent but it does have some really good short plots and the action is very well executed.

Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda or World Conquest Zvezda Plot is about a secret society that is trying to take over the world (insert Pinky and the Brain theme song) and is being led by this little girl with weird abilities. It is somewhat wacky and the plot can sometimes be random from episode to episode but the main jist is that Zvezda is trying to take over the world while another organization, White Light, opposes them and protects the world from their "evil" deeds. It composed of very interesting and unique characters within the main group. We have a scientist who is half naked most of the time with her robot assistant that eats udo as her source of power. Goro, a very large man that wears a military outfit and skeleton mask during missions or active in battle (very badass), two foot soliders which consist of a laid back slacker chain smoker and the main character who joins out of sheer necessity because he ran away from home and had nowhere else to stay and cooks for everyone, and finally a sword wielding chick with an eyepatch that is completely loyal to the leader of Zvezda. At times it's silly but when the action picks up it can be very good to watch. I feel like it might take a more serious tone later on, kinda like Katekyo Hitman Reborn. So it's a promising series with excellent potential.

Forgot to comment on Deadman Wonderland. Sick series. I watched the anime which left me begging for more so I completed the manga. Simply kickass. Can't wait for the second anime season.
Deadman Wonderland..is insanely sick..reminds me of a few mangas that I am reading though it has it's own niche that I am loving right about now. Just got started and it's pretty crazy. I was told that the anime was just as wonderful..can't wait to fully engage in it. Beyond the Barrier and Certain Magical index, Devil is A Part timer..are all pretty good animes. I will check out your suggestions as I get easily bored and quickly run through titles.

Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Magi, Berserk, D gray Man, Witch Craft works, Magical Index-Accelerator, Magical Index, Magical Index-Rail Gun,Magical Index-Endiyram, Claymore, Soul Eater, God Eater, Bride of The Water God, UQ Holder, Prototype of Sinbad, freezing, Fairy Tail, Feng Shen Ji, Attack on Titan, Blood Lad, Witch Hunter, Ubel Blatt, Wolf Guy, Noblesse, Deadman Wonderland, Ajin and Devil is a Part Timer

Why do you challenge me? Have I not given you everything....Mortal?-TIAN

Feng Shen Ji
apacolypz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:44 PM   #194
NeoKakarott023

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
D.Gray Man is on hiatus. The author has had issues with her wrist and has a history with a chronic illness that leaves her unable to do anything. She has been getting better, at least we'll enough to do one - shots.
Just caught up, but... A lot of unnecessary bullshit is woven into the storyline. Jumping all over the place, introducing new characters every 15 chapters, never explaining how Noahs are reborn when u seen the fuckers die... And damn I'm tired of hearing about Allen Walker so much but it's Aiight. Kandas cool, luv the swag of Noahs, Akuma and, Generals, but so many different levels of exorcists confusing, akuma switching, innocence good, then bad, the 14th shit, a lot to keep up with plus other shit. People die, that's cool, but I dug dude that Tiki Mykke killed that kicked it like a soccer ball, and used the bell sounds. Sumthin ta do.

I speak 4 languages...