Games and all things related - Page 233 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:30 AM   #3481
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road
Re: Games and all things related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
WHOA. Dude. What are you talking about? Play the games in order of release? What is this witchcraft? And there will be a bunch of "Game of the Years" this year just like there is every year with so many reviewing peoples often picking different games.
I'm not saying play them in order because of their release date. Play them in order, because the map size is drastically larger in City than Asylum, so going in reverse will take a lot away. Both games have great replay-ability, but once you start playing City, the map size alone will make you to not want to touch Asylum again. That, and playing as Catwoman is fun. Also lots of fun to use Robin and Nightwing in the Riddler's Revenge games. The thing that Asylum has over City is that in Asylum, if you manage to play a "perfect" game without taking any damage, there is no damage to the Bat-suit. But in City, because of the story-mode, the Bat-suit gets torn and burnt quite a bit. So does Catwoman's .
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #3482
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,717 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Or, instead of just map size differences, you could play them in order because of the story. But who cares about trivial stuff like plot.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Mal (10-28-2013)
Old 10-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #3483
Darth-Nero
Victory!

Thanked 1,674 Times in 676 Posts
Darth-Nero is on a distinguished roadDarth-Nero is on a distinguished road

Technically speaking of playing order, He should be playing Arkham origins 1st since it's a goddamn prequel.
Darth-Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth-Nero For This Useful Post:
Mal (10-28-2013), Scientia (10-28-2013)
Old 10-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #3484
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Or, instead of just map size differences, you could play them in order because of the story. But who cares about trivial stuff like plot.
Well, seeing how the f'n plot is the same for Asylum and City (interchange character A for character J and what not) that's why. This is why Origins is getting a lot of negative publicity if you will. From what I've read, the "saving grace" for Origins is that Joker isn't the final villian of the "original" gameplay, where Joker is for both Asylum and City. Not to mention, that in Asylum, you can complete all side missions before finally battling the Joker, but in City, you're only at around 75% gameplay completion if you're looking at all side missions before defeating the Joker. It actually takes away from the final cut-scene with Batman, Joker, and Gordon.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #3485
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

About how many hours has everyone spent playing the first two games? Would I be missing much if I speed run them just to get them done? I still want to go back to Dishonored to get a full ghost play-through before I get too many other games piled up to play.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:45 PM   #3486
Darth-Nero
Victory!

Can't really remember in Asylum since i played it a long time ago but it's about a good 10-ish hours. Arkham city,on the other hand, is incredibly short if you stuck to the main quest and ignored everything else, you'll be done with it in about 5 hours or so (that said in normal mode, even less in easy).
Old 10-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #3487
Mal
Scotch

Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Well I'll probably run through on Easy, as I do for most games initially, so it's good to know it won't take up an excessive amount of my time.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #3488
Mal
Scotch

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja View Post
To the Moon. Holy shit, these feels.
Glanced this at the top of the page and remembered: I've heard good things about "Gone Home" if anyone else wants a more emotional, story-driven game.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:12 AM   #3489
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,472 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

If you're gonna speed run any of those games, speed run Origins. It's much worse than the previous two and chronologically comes first.

It's still playable and you may enjoy it, but trust me when I say the first two are in a different league.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (10-29-2013), Scientia (10-29-2013)
Old 10-29-2013, 11:59 AM   #3490
Darth-Nero
Victory!

I always knew that Origins is gonna be a let down, So imma play it with my down already let.
The Following User Says Thank You to Darth-Nero For This Useful Post:
Mal (10-30-2013)
Old 10-29-2013, 01:00 PM   #3491
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth-Nero View Post
I always knew that Origins is gonna be a let down, So imma play it with my down already let.
Is it that bad?!

I had one friend tell me that one pro for Origins was that is was supposed to intertwine Batman's actions with the criminals in a civilian world. Is there any truth to that in this game?
Old 10-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #3492
Darth-Nero
Victory!

Haven't played it myself yet so i dunno, but what i know is that the plot will be pretty much a clusterfuck says the developers themselves when they stated that they pretty much exhausted everything till Arkham city so a prequel was obligatory to bring back the Joker for instance..though he wont be the main villain this time.

That said, gameplay-wise speaking..they say that it's fun to play up to when you get a bat-taser Gauntlet/glove. From there forward you wont have to be tactical anymore against different enemies because it says that the game will be a straight forward bash them up shittness. might as well play street of rage instead.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:50 PM   #3493
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,472 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

I just finished it. Honestly it gets MUCH better about halfway through.

Considering it was made by a different team with a lot to live up to, they did pretty well. The plot isn't great, but it's entertaining enough and does actually address some points in the later games. It explains why Bane is such a retard in Arkham Asylum and City for example.

And I honestly think the bosses are a bit better. They rely on QTEs a bit too much, but they're generally more in-tune with the game's combat, unlike City's which were weird pseudo-platformer things (that Ra's battle, what the fuck).

We always knew it would be a stop-gap game and a cashgrab, and it's both of those things. But at least it's a decent stop-gap and cashgrab.

Also the challenge maps are still great and you get to play as Deathstroke which is neat.

Oh and yeah, the electric gauntlet things are a bit OP. The game was made by the same guys who ported Arkham City to the Wii U, so I got the feeling they wanted to keep those things in because it was like, their thing. They play a fucking MASSIVE role in just about everything once you get them, it's almost funny considering Batman then fucking just stops using them in Asylum. If it's possible for a power-up to be a Mary-Sue, it's those damn gloves.

Last edited by Jaxon; 10-29-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (10-30-2013), Mal (10-30-2013), Scientia (10-29-2013)
Old 10-29-2013, 08:23 PM   #3494
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

I've only played Asylum, which I played the crap out of, and I can't say I overly enjoyed any of the bosses. The rest of the game was fantastic.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:15 PM   #3495
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
I just finished it. Honestly it gets MUCH better about halfway through.

Considering it was made by a different team with a lot to live up to, they did pretty well. The plot isn't great, but it's entertaining enough and does actually address some points in the later games. It explains why Bane is such a retard in Arkham Asylum and City for example.

And I honestly think the bosses are a bit better. They rely on QTEs a bit too much, but they're generally more in-tune with the game's combat, unlike City's which were weird pseudo-platformer things (that Ra's battle, what the fuck).

We always knew it would be a stop-gap game and a cashgrab, and it's both of those things. But at least it's a decent stop-gap and cashgrab.

Also the challenge maps are still great and you get to play as Deathstroke which is neat.

Oh and yeah, the electric gauntlet things are a bit OP. The game was made by the same guys who ported Arkham City to the Wii U, so I got the feeling they wanted to keep those things in because it was like, their thing. They play a fucking MASSIVE role in just about everything once you get them, it's almost funny considering Batman then fucking just stops using them in Asylum. If it's possible for a power-up to be a Mary-Sue, it's those damn gloves.
The Ra's battle kicked my @$$ the first couple of times, because I had yet to master the whole diving aspect of the glide. Also took me a while to master the remote control bat-a-rang because of the camera angles and what not (probably would have done great if I played those parts of the game drunk).

For me, its fun to beat the main storyline, go back, redo the story but completely, then all the fun shenanigans with the Riddler stuff.

Simply put **spoiler alert for those that haven't played City**, Ra's should have been the final villian for City. I mean the story was there, and to have him die the way he did (although it was kinda cool) was just wha... after defeating the Joker.

I was told that in Origins, when you encounter the gangs and what not, that civilians will be a part of the environment, thusly Batman has to protect them while defeating the gangs. Any truth to this?

Last edited by jekyl_hyde; 10-29-2013 at 10:18 PM.