Fairy Tail 201 - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 09-19-2010, 07:22 PM   #16
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage

Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough
Re: Fairy Tail 201

Maybe master dies?

or maybe they are crying because konan still has her robe on.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide

1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag

2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)

Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stubborn_d0nkey For This Useful Post:
01purple (09-23-2010), ask me anything (09-20-2010), creative_vengence (09-19-2010), platinumrug (09-19-2010)

Old 09-19-2010, 09:52 PM   #17
creative_vengence
Sharingan using Camper

creative_vengence is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubborn_d0nkey View Post
Maybe master dies?

or maybe they are crying because konan still has her robe on.
major fucking plot twist
Old 09-20-2010, 01:34 AM   #18
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

Mest Gryder is going to die during this competition.

PS: Ether Fried or Cana will become an S-Class Mage. Natsu & Grey don't require the rank to go on those missions since they can always partner up with Erza for it while Elfman can partner up with Marie for those missions. I can also see an upset where Levy gets chosen as the S-Class mage though I doubt it'll happen like that.

PPS: Lucy can't die she's the main character of the manga lol.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed

Last edited by Vengeance; 09-20-2010 at 01:49 AM.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vengeance For This Useful Post:
creative_vengence (09-20-2010)
Old 09-20-2010, 01:39 PM   #19
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
Mest Gryder is going to die during this competition.

PS: Ether Fried or Cana will become an S-Class Mage. Natsu & Grey don't require the rank to go on those missions since they can always partner up with Erza for it while Elfman can partner up with Marie for those missions. I can also see an upset where Levy gets chosen as the S-Class mage though I doubt it'll happen like that.
It would be funny if either gray or natsu did become s-class. Imagine how insane the rivalry would get then.

I predict after this is all over, half of the island gets blown up in an epic battle. Makarov comes in and sees the destruction, and is all like "what only half the island got destroyed? I expected better from you guys. Clearly your all still pussies. Nobody gets promoted after all."

When asked (likely by Lucy) why he isn't mad about the destruction of the "sacred island" Makarov just laughs and says the "original" island was destroyed years ago, and that he's had to rebuild the island several times already. He goes on to say "It is here in these competitions, that guild members try their hardest, and demonstrate all they've learned during their time at our guild. This competition bring out their true power, and true self. That is what makes this place sacred." Lucy then asks, "true self?" Makarov replies, yes an mage cannot become great with power alone. It takes kindness and commitment as well. Many made hide their evil away and try to fool others into believing them to be good, but in competitions like these, the reward of becoming S-class is too great, and their true selves come out. Just as it did that time...... (lucy has a puzzled look on her face, while Makarov has a flashback to 30 years ago, when his son took part in this competition.) Makarov goes to the place he last heard explosions, to find his son standing over the corpses of his fallen comrades. "Father, I have won. I have proven myself to be S-class, right? Makarov stands with shock and horror on his face. (flashback ends).

Quote:
PPS: Lucy can't die she's the main character of the manga lol.
Lucy will die. The guy who kills things will learn how to reverse death, after Natsu trains him (beats the shit out of him) how to do it.

Last edited by ask me anything; 09-20-2010 at 01:40 PM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
01purple (09-23-2010), Vengeance (09-20-2010)
Old 09-20-2010, 03:53 PM   #20
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
It would be funny if either gray or natsu did become s-class. Imagine how insane the rivalry would get then.
If one of them were to become an S-Class it'll be Grey over Natsu just so he could rub it in his face. Though really I think the most likely candidate at this point would be Cana or Fried. Pretty much all of them are S Class material if you think about it including Levy. The problem with Grey & Natsu though is are they capable of leading a squad. I say no to both of them because really they are already a part of a squad that has an S-Class Mage as their leader..

Quote:
I predict after this is all over, half of the island gets blown up in an epic battle. Makarov comes in and sees the destruction, and is all like "what only half the island got destroyed? I expected better from you guys. Clearly your all still pussies. Nobody gets promoted after all."
That would be awesome lol. My money is on Cana to get it. I just think she wants to leave the guild every year because she actually doesn't want to be an S-Class Mage. Like she's been turning down the rank repeatedly for the last few years or something. Cana is also strong as noted by Fried.

Quote:
When asked (likely by Lucy) why he isn't mad about the destruction of the "sacred island" Makarov just laughs and says the "original" island was destroyed years ago, and that he's had to rebuild the island several times already. He goes on to say "It is here in these competitions, that guild members try their hardest, and demonstrate all they've learned during their time at our guild. This competition bring out their true power, and true self. That is what makes this place sacred."
The bringing out of there true selves could be a reason why Natsu & Cana are crying.

Quote:
Lucy then asks, "true self?" Makarov replies, yes an mage cannot become great with power alone. It takes kindness and commitment as well. Many made hide their evil away and try to fool others into believing them to be good, but in competitions like these, the reward of becoming S-class is too great, and their true selves come out. Just as it did that time...... (lucy has a puzzled look on her face, while Makarov has a flashback to 30 years ago, when his son took part in this competition.) Makarov goes to the place he last heard explosions, to find his son standing over the corpses of his fallen comrades. "Father, I have won. I have proven myself to be S-class, right? Makarov stands with shock and horror on his face. (flashback ends).
Cool story though I don't see it happening like that.

Quote:
Lucy will die. The guy who kills things will learn how to reverse death, after Natsu trains him (beats the shit out of him) how to do it.
I just don't see them killing Lucy since she's the main character of the manga. Yeah she could temporarily die but well I just don't see that happening. Personally speaking I think it's obvious that the new guy Mest Gryder is going to die. I mean he's introduced just for this arc as a badarse while we get a foreshadowing of someone who's gona die. Gyder is like the random red shirt that is introduced into startrec right before he dies. Cana was seen crying for Lluvia who is only a new member so she'd also cry for Gryder who is considered a vet. The reaction on Natsu's face makes it appear as though he's looking at the Death Kid after he struck. Like a o shit its you we're fucked because I know how awesomely bad arse you are Mr. Death Kid.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed

Last edited by Vengeance; 09-20-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vengeance For This Useful Post:
01purple (09-23-2010), ask me anything (09-20-2010), creative_vengence (09-20-2010)
Old 09-23-2010, 12:03 AM   #21
NiceShot
Wanderer

NiceShot is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a theory that no one is getting promoted on this one giving the situation that they cancel the trial do to the death of one of them which might turn into a different arc of finding someone with the opposite power of the new character or him figuring out how to reverse his own power,i doubt he's evil since he's looking for natsu maybe to help him. This would probably make Lucy the candidate to die lol she has more emotional ties with the characters in the present situation.

Hyakka Ryouran
NiceShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:35 AM   #22
wehtam
Fezes are cool

wehtam is an unknown quantity at this point

I want Levy to become the new S-class mage. I can see the fight between Levy and Natsu now. Levy throws the word fire Natsu trys to eat it but it urns him. Natsu eats fire but not the word fire lolz. I really hope it's not levy-chan who dies
Old 09-25-2010, 07:10 AM   #23
akrmzaki
Academy Student

akrmzaki is an unknown quantity at this point

here i go guys the new fairy tail manga chapter is out by mangastream i uploaded it to mediafire there u go http://www.mediafire.com/?dd4q2ajd3o3kki2 be seen ya
akrmzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:38 PM   #24
labixiaoxin
Academy Student

labixiaoxin is an unknown quantity at this point
cheap Halloween costumes

The most interesting and excited holiday is Halloween, and many dealers also want to find cheap Halloween costumes for the season sale. Why not consider dear-lover.com or shiyingsexylingerie.com? They are experts on manufacture and wholesale Halloween costumes.
labixiaoxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #25
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

I would normally complain about n00b bots digging up old threads like this, but this time a particular post caught my eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshgrease View Post
Fairy Tail is definately turning out to be fresh and new as compared to the stale other series around.
Oh, what difference these past 3 years have made in this series. We went from fresh to nakama powered fan service in so little time.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #26
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I would normally complain about n00b bots digging up old threads like this, but this time a particular post caught my eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshgrease
Fairy Tail is definately turning out to be fresh and new as compared to the stale other series around.
Oh, what difference these past 3 years have made in this series. We went from fresh to nakama powered fan service in so little time.
The sad part is... that was true at that time, and your statement is true today. I remember when that exact statement was said about Bleach and Naruto a long time ago.

This frightens me in regards to SnK and FSJ.
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote