Attack on Titan 51 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 11-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #1
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,332 Times in 4,061 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of
Attack on Titan 51

http://imgur.com/a/rI1oj

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vengeance For This Useful Post:
Scientia (11-10-2013), Senkradlol (11-07-2013)

Old 11-07-2013, 06:15 PM   #2
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Attack on Titan 51

I did not just read something the approximate size and shape of a manga chapter!

Good aftermath chapter, it confirmed what we already knew about Connie's village and the Titans and allowed for the old gang to breathe for a while and have a little characterization moment. My guess is that the next arc revolves around whatever idea Irvin (or Erwin, depending on the translation) had while having that slasher smile.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
Scientia (11-10-2013)
Old 11-08-2013, 01:44 AM   #3
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road

So Eren is able to control lesser titans and force them to attack their own. This power is the reason Bert and Reiner went through such lengths to capture Eren. Now that they have discovered his hidden potential...as Reiner says.."Of all the people to get this power it had to be you..EREN!" He fears what is to come with Eren and this gift. Also Historia and Eren and their talk of the wall. People living within the wall, The new formed Team and the discovery of Connie's village. We all knew from that time that that was his mother.
apacolypz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to apacolypz For This Useful Post:
Scientia (11-10-2013)
Old 11-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
Scientia
Francesca

Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road

Yeaaahhhhhhhh!!!!

I've finally gotten around to reading this manga!

There's so much.

There's so much.

My penis is hard.

One thing it's lacking for my taste is "main character" deaths. And I think a little more focus and refinement on the character development towards the lesser characters, shit even towards the main characters would be nice... but other than that amazing. And based on the way this manga has been.... well, I guess it could just be another "Fullmetal Alchemist" type illusion.... but the feeling this manga has given me.... I really have no doubt in my mind the main character deaths are coming. I can't wait for this manga to continue onwards. Towards the very end, my body is ready.

Anyway, Irvin's a badass, and he's starting to grow on me again after getting his arm chomped off like a champ. It's actually kind of funny, when I first saw him when I started watching the anime (thanks to Num for that- indirectly getting me to watch the anime, I mean, <3 <3), I liked him, even with the whole "giving up humanity thing", but then when I started the manga, I was like "you know what, I'm more neutral to this dude, I don't think you need to necessarily get rid of your humanity to make a change", but after seeing that he was a legitimate badass and strong in his resolve, I conceded that I did in fact like him. Ah, well. Funny how being in a certain philosophical mood can effect the way you essentially see the same character at different times.

Ahhhh! I have so much to say, about...EVERYTHING. I haven't been this wanting to talk about a manga since I first found out about Gantz. It's just one of those core plots that really resonate with me. The concept of fighting aliens with your comrades as a second life after you die? I love it. The concept of fighting giants with your comrades as a last ditch effort to protect the final remnants of human civilization? I absolutely love it. But this is so much more than just core concept, and that's the perfect combination right there.

Last edited by Scientia; 11-10-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Scientia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scientia For This Useful Post:
apacolypz (11-10-2013)
Old 11-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #5
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientia View Post
Yeaaahhhhhhhh!!!!

I've finally gotten around to reading this manga!

There's so much.

There's so much.
Dude... as good as this story is, there's much, much better.

Feng Shen Ji

Feng Shen Ji

Feng Shen Ji
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:32 PM   #6
Scientia
Francesca

Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekyl_hyde View Post
Dude... as good as this story is, there's much, much better.

Feng Shen Ji

The core plot definitely peaks my interest, which is why it's on my list, but Shingeki has been on my list wayyyyy longer. So long when I indirectly found out about the anime not longer than 1 or 2-something months ago, started watching it, and from that discovered the manga and went to go put it on my list of manga to read, I had found out that I had already put it on my list a while ago before the anime came out, without even remembering.

That being said, I agree, there's definitely much better: "Eden: It's an Endless World!", for instance. However, this type of "much, much better" is extremely rare to come by and I seriously doubt "Feng Shen Ji" will be on a completely different level, by my standards. Though I'm definitely open to it being better than AoT, you'd have to elaborate- specifically with respect to my own preferences, if you want to convince me it's even slightly possible that there is above a 1% chance that it's "much, much better." =^p

Regardless, let us say it is way way better. That really doesn't explain your surprise here. I've never understood the whole "letting-relative-quality-differences-get-to-you-and-diminish-your-enjoyment-of-something-else" idea. Yeah, to an extent sure, but once something has passed a certain level to become "good", it doesn't matter if something else is a million or a billion times better. Good is freaking good. And you can always be excited about good if you're able to think more abstractly and look past one's self-induced relative quality standards. In other words, it's completely possible for me to be this excited and realize that a whole completely different level of awesome exists. It comes natural to me, but maybe that's just because I'm too awesome.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:52 PM   #7
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientia View Post
The core plot definitely peaks my interest, which is why it's on my list, but Shingeki has been on my list wayyyyy longer. So long when I indirectly found out about the anime not longer than 1 or 2-something months ago, started watching it, and from that discovered the manga and went to go put it on my list of manga to read, I had found out that I had already put it on my list a while ago before the anime came out, without even remembering.

That being said, I agree, there's definitely much better: "Eden: It's an Endless World!", for instance. However, this type of "much, much better" is extremely rare to come by and I seriously doubt "Feng Shen Ji" will be on a completely different level, by my standards. Though I'm definitely open to it being better than AoT, you'd have to elaborate- specifically with respect to my own preferences, if you want to convince me it's even slightly possible that there is above a 1% chance that it's "much, much better." =^p

Regardless, let us say it is way way better. That really doesn't explain your surprise here. I've never understood the whole "letting-relative-quality-differences-get-to-you-and-diminish-your-enjoyment-of-something-else" idea. Yeah, to an extent sure, but once something has passed a certain level to become "good", it doesn't matter if something else is a million or a billion times better. Good is freaking good. And you can always be excited about good if you're able to think more abstractly and look past one's self-induced relative quality standards. In other words, it's completely possible for me to be this excited and realize that a whole completely different level of awesome exists. It comes natural to me, but maybe that's just because I'm too awesome.

I get what you're saying... but here's the a general consensus from people here and on other boards:
1. Better quality artwork.
2. Colored. Every page.
3. Usually a weekly release.
4. The guy you think is the main character in chapter 1, dies within the first 5-10 chapters (can't remember which one).

From what I've read in other forums (Sharogy's wiki thread link), there is a lot more on the way that is going to happen.
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jekyl_hyde For This Useful Post:
Scientia (11-11-2013)
Old 11-10-2013, 11:13 PM   #8
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road

Indeed I used to think AOT was the business, now I rejoice over the biweekly release of FSJ. FSJ is just a boss ass manga. It has everything one wishes for and more. Main characters and side characters are not safe..everyone has their chance to die. Has to be the manliest of all mangas. I just started Kill La Kill anime..and it def has me intrigued to read the manga. There just aren't many stories on FSJ level. Started another anime called Ruby Rose kinda reminds me of freezing a bit but wonderfully animated.
apacolypz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to apacolypz For This Useful Post:
Scientia (11-11-2013)