Naruto 667 - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 03-05-2014, 05:17 AM   #16
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,276 Times in 2,925 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
Re: Naruto 667

So Kabuto is a nice guy now......right.

Midnight Dragon or w/e tech will come with 8 gates won't do shit but it should at least be entertaining.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2014, 05:31 AM   #17
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
So Kabuto is a nice guy now......right.

Midnight Dragon or w/e tech will come with 8 gates won't do shit but it should at least be entertaining.
Kabuto being a good guy now shouldn't be surprising...as that is how he was before he encountered Danzo/Orochimaru. Izanagi makes the person admit to who they really are. Being reminded of where he came from and where he should return to would def make one reconsider his bad past actions. Kabuto from his flashback was a nice, considerate kid. He only accompanied Danzo because of the ultimatum he gave Mother Nun. Without knowing Danzo set them up to kill one another. Kabuto went kind of mad once he found out he was being used and he felt he would then have no place to return to. So him being back to somewhat kind hearted self isn't shocking. Even calling out his former idol in the process. His actions are somewhat expected..remember his genuine feelings toward Sasuke and taking him in as his little brother.

I am praying that Kishi gives Guy the panel screen he deserves.. Don't shit on him only to make a Sage of Six Paths Madara look good....it is type appalling at this point.

Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Magi, Berserk, D gray Man, Witch Craft works, Magical Index-Accelerator, Magical Index, Magical Index-Rail Gun,Magical Index-Endiyram, Claymore, Soul Eater, God Eater, Bride of The Water God, UQ Holder, Prototype of Sinbad, freezing, Fairy Tail, Feng Shen Ji, Attack on Titan, Blood Lad, Witch Hunter, Ubel Blatt, Wolf Guy, Noblesse, Deadman Wonderland, Ajin and Devil is a Part Timer

Why do you challenge me? Have I not given you everything....Mortal?-TIAN

Feng Shen Ji
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to apacolypz For This Useful Post:
jericho Uzimaki (03-05-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 06:05 AM   #18
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Is it wrong to be much more amused by apocalypz being all giddy because Kishimoto used the same bullshit excuses the apologists on this site used for the asspull rather than the chapter itself?

Honestly, I'm numbed by Kishimoto's writing at this point. It's like he's contractually obligated to write either the most obvious or the stupidest plot twists available:
  • The foot belonging to Kabuto? Check.
  • Sasuke getting a shot at Rinnegan? Check.
  • Naruto becoming the new RS? Check.
  • Gai's limelight only existing to literally stall time? Check.
Getting a "meh" as a reaction from the readers is all this manga can hope for at this point.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:11 AM   #19
apacolypz
ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
Is it wrong to be much more amused by apocalypz being all giddy because Kishimoto used the same bullshit excuses the apologists on this site used for the asspull rather than the chapter itself?

Honestly, I'm numbed by Kishimoto's writing at this point. It's like he's contractually obligated to write either the most obvious or the stupidest plot twists available:
  • The foot belonging to Kabuto? Check.
  • Sasuke getting a shot at Rinnegan? Check.
  • Naruto becoming the new RS? Check.
  • Gai's limelight only existing to literally stall time? Check.
Getting a "meh" as a reaction from the readers is all this manga can hope for at this point.

First off I am not giddy...I take it as I read it...Kishi as the author explained some things which from my stand point was decent. If you don't like the manga please discontinue reading it. The manga has a lot of problems which I point out..but don't come on here acting as if you watched me read this chapter and saw me glowing...

I despise that shit.. Trying to point me out as if I am a Kishi fan boy. I personally made some assumptions about Minato and Kishi came in and pretty much agreed...

I respond to a few posts and all of a sudden I am completely defending Kishi and his writing. Not at all guy. You're funny to me as well for someone to find Naruto so numbing you engage in it almost daily. You seem to love to hate Naruto...I guess it's a hobby. I would rather use my precious time talking about something I give a fuck about in all honesty. I wouldn't waste my time rant after rant about plot holes, ass pulls and shitty writing.

Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Magi, Berserk, D gray Man, Witch Craft works, Magical Index-Accelerator, Magical Index, Magical Index-Rail Gun,Magical Index-Endiyram, Claymore, Soul Eater, God Eater, Bride of The Water God, UQ Holder, Prototype of Sinbad, freezing, Fairy Tail, Feng Shen Ji, Attack on Titan, Blood Lad, Witch Hunter, Ubel Blatt, Wolf Guy, Noblesse, Deadman Wonderland, Ajin and Devil is a Part Timer

Feng Shen Ji

Last edited by apacolypz; 03-05-2014 at 10:16 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to apacolypz For This Useful Post:
Human Rasengan (03-07-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 06:28 AM   #20
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
First off I am not giddy...I take it as I read it...
Taking it as you read =/= making up excuses for poor writing and then talking about how you got it when the author makes up the same excuses.

Quote:
Kishi as the author explained some things which from my stand point was decent.
I disagree. Not only excusing an asspull is indecent by itself, it really doesn't excuse what happened at all. He didn't practice with sage chakra before? That would only make sense if he achieved sage mode right before he died. He didn't have the time to activate it? All that time he was standing still while chatting with either Naruto or Obito like it was a philosophy debate rather than a battle wasn't enough? Not only that, the issue of Minato having Sage chakra never being addressed before the asspull... still wasn't addressed.

Sorry, an explanation is only decent if it actually satisfies the doubts of the readers.

Quote:
If you don't like the manga please discontinue reading it.
Gee, haven't I heard that fallacy before! Why do people still use that, I'll never know.

Quote:
The manga has a lot of problems which I point out...
And when people point out some other problems that it has, you come up with excuses like they weren't problems at all. Which renders this:

Quote:
I despise that shit.. Trying to point me out as if I am a Kishi fan boy.
Hilarious to me. Well, I'm not saying you're a fanboy, but an apologist for his silly writing you sure have become.

Quote:
I personally made some assumptions about Minato and Kishi came in and pretty much agreed...
I wouldn't use that as an argument in your favor considering your assumptions imply bad writing.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:46 AM   #21
apacolypz
ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
Taking it as you read =/= making up excuses for poor writing and then talking about how you got it when the author makes up the same excuses.

I disagree. Not only excusing an asspull is indecent by itself, it really doesn't excuse what happened at all. He didn't practice with sage chakra before? That would only make sense if he achieved sage mode right before he died. He didn't have the time to activate it? All that time he was standing still while chatting with either Naruto or Obito like it was a philosophy debate rather than a battle wasn't enough? Not only that, the issue of Minato having Sage chakra never being addressed before the asspull... still wasn't addressed.

Sorry, an explanation is only decent if it actually satisfies the doubts of the readers.

Gee, haven't I heard that fallacy before! Why do people still use that, I'll never know.

And when people point out some other problems that it has, you come up with excuses like they weren't problems at all. Which renders this:

Hilarious to me. Well, I'm not saying you're a fanboy, but an apologist for his silly writing you sure have become.

I wouldn't use that as an argument in your favor considering your assumptions imply bad writing.

Dude you have I guess too much time to hate. We all know this manga is going down hill. How many times are we gonna call out the weekly blunder? Though on the positive side we can attempt to make sense of something Kishi failed to clear up. I defended Kabuto's change of character because it wasn't an asspull. Just because you don't agree with something you want to attempt calling out people who don't side with your opinion. If i sat here and made points about everything Kishi has failed with in regard to the manga I would be here for a while. As a forum....we have a chance to bounce ideas around. Again if you don't want to participate just read and log off. I am not gonna sit here and continue reading something just to point out what sucked about it? I won't be the typical debbie downer. If I can come to terms that this manga might not impress me any longer..then why should I hate the small things. Kishi obviously fucked up Minato...continues to fuck him up....
I don't think it's anything to really brag about...Sure my theory about Minato's sage jutsu came to light this chapter. I didn't jump in the air or bust out an irish jig...I just continued reading... It is not that I was satisfied that he went along with my the idea...Again he could of avoided all of this if he properly gave us panel time behind Minato's senjutsu. As I said though Kishi cleared it up.

Feng Shen Ji

Last edited by apacolypz; 03-05-2014 at 06:51 AM.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:42 AM   #22
MrBIG
Genin

MrBIG is an unknown quantity at this point

I actually liked this chapter. Panels dedicated to Gai and his taijutsu is always a win in my book.
MrBIG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrBIG For This Useful Post:
jericho Uzimaki (03-05-2014), Krohnie84 (03-08-2014), NeoKakarott023 (03-05-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 07:59 AM   #23
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

The dialog from Gai relating to Madara proves something I mentioned in the recent thread I've created.

"Is that Madara?"

Gai is about to sacrifice himself to fight against an enemy he'll have no effect upon and has no connection with what's so ever other than he's ebul. Hell, Madara attitude towards Gai is "Who the fuck is that ?".

Final villain ladies and gentlemen.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
jericho Uzimaki (03-05-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 08:37 AM   #24
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

So everybody's getting Hashirama DNA now. It's just lying around everywhere!

Don't think Naruto and Sasuke will fuse but rather work together. It is whether or not Sasuke and Naruto then come to blows over the true legacy of the Sage or just be all best friends forever afterward. The later is basically what the manga is supposed to be about but given how terribly it's been handled, I have low hopes that if it is done, it'll be good.

And here comes the 8th gate. As I said, it'll be a let down because it won't achieve much. Perhaps give a weakness for Naruto to exploit but really, it's to buy time.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (03-05-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 08:43 AM   #25
MrBIG
Genin

MrBIG is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
The dialog from Gai relating to Madara proves something I mentioned in the recent thread I've created.

"Is that Madara?"

Gai is about to sacrifice himself to fight against an enemy he'll have no effect upon and has no connection with what's so ever other than he's ebul. Hell, Madara attitude towards Gai is "Who the fuck is that ?".

Final villain ladies and gentlemen.
Why do you need ulterior motives?

Madara has killed countless people and is basically trying to takeover the world and enslave everyone in his jutsu; trying to become a God.

What better motivation is there then stopping 'the end of the world'??

Last edited by MrBIG; 03-05-2014 at 08:44 AM.
MrBIG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrBIG For This Useful Post:
Human Rasengan (03-07-2014), jericho Uzimaki (03-05-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 09:18 AM   #26
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBIG View Post
Why do you need ulterior motives?

Madara has killed countless people and is basically trying to takeover the world and enslave everyone in his jutsu; trying to become a God.

What better motivation is there then stopping 'the end of the world'??
Not the point of my post at all.

I know why he's doing it but as I pointed out this climax lacks substance. There is nothing at play here other than "let's blow up the bad guy before he blows us up".

Since Gai had next to 0 development in the entire series, what he's about to do next is rather pointless, not only in the long run (If he can damage Madara in any significant way it will be colossal BS. The guy took on the full force of the combined 9 Bijuu and lived.) but in relation to his character.

Unless he and Lee attack together and die together, which is something he promised to do if Lee's surgery had failed back in part one. I doubt that's going to happen though.

Hey, but it will look cool right ? That's all that matters ? YEAHHH BIG ASSPLOXIONS!!!!!

Last edited by Dagoro; 03-05-2014 at 09:19 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (03-05-2014), jekyl_hyde (03-05-2014), NeoKakarott023 (03-05-2014), Numinous (03-05-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 09:47 AM   #27
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road

First, ever heard the Bob Seger song, "Turn the Page." Very fitting title for this chapter and many of Kishi's latest in this story.

Second, I'm not going to blast someone for their take on a manga, no matter how profusely I disagree with their stance. I think if you're looking for giggles and fan-service, many Shounen mangas are the route to go. If you're looking for a good quality story with some decent drama, you better look elsewhere. Now when I read the "Big 3", I read them for laughter, because they are nowhere close to being serious dramas if you will, at all. That's why I'm thankful for series like FSJ and SnK.
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jekyl_hyde For This Useful Post:
apacolypz (03-05-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 10:06 AM   #28
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

The problem is that all this philosophical shit is played straight in Nardo. Kishi clearly wants the reader to see this struggle between Madara and Nardo ideologically yet it fails horrendously. I mentioned this in another thread, does it really seem like some world altering, fresh new way of doing things is about to emerge from this conflict ?

Madara didn't know Naruto until a few chapters ago, it probably hasn't even been a day in verse. There no believable connection there, and this is fucking climax. All that prophecy shit is riding on this.

You won't see me or anyone else bitching that Bleach doesn't tackle any issues in verse since it was never set up to do so.. It's a manga about spirit Samurai beating the shit out of each other and other spirit beings.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
Numinous (03-05-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 11:08 AM   #29
Amuro
Genin

Amuro is an unknown quantity at this point

Man the way this is going is kinda lame. Kishi should have made sasuke the final villain. to me it would have been morpe interesting than Madara.Sasukes my fav character so I'm bias but sasuke has surpassed madara. Not as of now but sasuke is stronger than madara was at 16. He be stronger than masses was at the age he died. instead of Madara being alive, hidden becoming the sage ect it should have been the sages evil son who wanted war being hidden and secretly alive(hash cells er something). Madara should have been revived by edo. kabuto worked with obito moons eye pkan, same shit. madara shown with rinnegan and defeated by naruto and sasuke, with sasuke obtaining the rinnegan and dissapears. naruto obtaining bothside of kyubi

He should have hadKonohamaru, show his development. Show Naruto as the 7th Hokage and how he he deals with the village, evil orgnizations, sasuke eventually. etc etc. Show sakura's development. Introduce new characters. A new rookie 9. New jinchurinkins. Maybe show somemore back story on the rikodou's sons. Bring back the evil rikodous son the one that wanted war.

Last edited by Amuro; 03-05-2014 at 11:12 AM.
Amuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:38 PM   #30
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

Hope I'm not the only one who has a problem with Kabuto escaping a mental prison designed to be unbreakable within the span of half a day (real-time). I mean really now it takes a few hours of mental torture to completely rainbowfy a so called carrier criminals mind. At least when Kurama did it to Toguro(Yeah I said it) he was actually stuck in an illusion of eternal madness. So fail Kishi 1 out of 5.

PS: We all know Gai won't die. He'll go 8 gates and will be on the brink of death right before Naruto comes in to give him some joy juice hax which will save his life.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed

Last edited by Vengeance; 03-05-2014 at 12:46 PM.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote