one piece 740 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 03-05-2014, 04:01 AM   #1
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road
one piece 740

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/740

Zoro faces Pica
Trebol and Sugar are together again and found out about the hot ball
Kyros is waiting on Sugar to be taken down
Luffy with Violet are watching Dofla (Baby 5) question Law who doesn't know wassup
Dofla doesn't know how all the pieces are connected
Violet and Kyros now know the King Riku is alive
Ussop remains to be a biatch!
Robin was turned into a toy without a contract
Kinemon (lolz) is disguised as Dofla
Zoro can't find the spot to take down Pica

Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Magi, Berserk, D gray Man, Witch Craft works, Magical Index-Accelerator, Magical Index, Magical Index-Rail Gun,Magical Index-Endiyram, Claymore, Soul Eater, God Eater, Bride of The Water God, UQ Holder, Prototype of Sinbad, freezing, Fairy Tail, Feng Shen Ji, Attack on Titan, Blood Lad, Witch Hunter, Ubel Blatt, Wolf Guy, Noblesse, Deadman Wonderland, Ajin and Devil is a Part Timer

Why do you challenge me? Have I not given you everything....Mortal?-TIAN

Feng Shen Ji

Last edited by apacolypz; 03-05-2014 at 04:32 AM.
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2014, 04:26 AM   #2
MR VSU
jonin sage

MR VSU is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: one piece 740

how could u oda, not robin
usopp still running
zoro is going to have to try cus just cutting away at pica is not going to work
Old 03-05-2014, 05:11 AM   #3
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,284 Times in 2,926 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Ugh.

This is one of the extremely rare occasions where I can say that an OP chapter was bad. So much freaking PIS here it could power a FT chapter. Robin being turned into a toy feels completely forced. The woman is not stupid, why the hell not have her just knock sugar out instead of trying to use the stupid hot sauce grape ?

Fuck. Robin is always held back by Oda because her power can be really brutal, but this was cringe worthy.

As for Usopp, there was no need to have him regress to this extent. Again this feels forced as fuck and all I can hope for is that the pay off can mitigate some of the damage done by this shit.

The Kinemon disguise was pretty funny lol. Gladius has a pretty hax DF but it sucks that he can't use it on others, that shit would have been MK level.

Finally.....this dragging out of shit is really pissing me off. We got another break coming up and these last 3-4 chapters have been snail paced. We had so much epic until this plot line took center stage, it's like racing a sweet ass car in a track but then having to stop for a family of ducks to cross the road.

Seriously Oda, wtf ?
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (03-05-2014), Shrike (03-05-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 07:13 AM   #4
Gakure
JESUS LOVES YOU

Thanked 1,023 Times in 583 Posts
Gakure will become famous soon enoughGakure will become famous soon enough

Usop run away? Again?? Really?? Oh come on man. This is ultra super LAME. SO what was he doing this past 2 yrs. Where are his weeds and plants and Karousaki cuffs. I'm totally dissapointed at the turn of events. Everyone risking his life and all Usop does is chicken out at crucial moments.

Audio Text More

SALVATION PRAYER
O Lord God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus Christ. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21). I ask Jesus to come into my heart to be the Lord of my life. I receive eternal life into my spirit and according to Romans 10:9, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved," I declare that I am saved; I am born-again; I am a child of God! I now have Christ dwelling in me, and greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4)! I now walk in the consciousness of my new life in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!"

BEST DECISION EVER!!!

Jesus Loves You!!! He Always Has. He Always WIll
Gakure is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gakure For This Useful Post:
Shrike (03-05-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 07:35 AM   #5
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

@Dagoro - I am not sure why are you so surprised, OP has always had a lot of PIS. The plot dictated almost every fight since the beginning of the series. There is no balance to the powers of the characters, but Oda is creative and makes them use their powers in great ways, but there is no "great tactic" there. It's just brute force usually, or the PIS. Fights in OP are about showing a fighting spirit and will to achieve something. Then again, the only manga that isn't running on this is HxH... and P1 Naruto (that's why I liked it a lot; the Chakra system was pretty cool. I stopped reading that trash a few years ago though).

From this point on, many things will feel forced. I cringe at that, but I took OP for what it is years ago. The manga has many other points that still make it the best shounen by far out there.

The thing that pissed me off about this chapter in particular was the Gladius dodging thing. How did they just escape from him? Why doesn't he go to DD and tell him what's happening? And although Kinemon being dressed as DD was funny (I did actually laugh out loud), I find it horrendous how every character is a moron who can't recognize someone whom they knew for years back. I mean, I know it's a gag manga to an extent but come the fuck on...

Edit: And it looks like Oda doesn't know what to do with DD's men. Gladius and Lao G are wasted potential, and even Baby 5 and Buffalo are the same. And where is Dellinger?

Last edited by Shrike; 03-05-2014 at 07:37 AM.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:47 AM   #6
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

This chapter just took it too far Shrike.

Robin could have ended Sugar from the beginning. I understand that having a little girl getting her neck snapped is out of place in a manga like OP, but why take this route ?

Robin is a really capable fighter, yet Oda hits her with the gimp hammer or has her do nothing most of the time. Why not have Robin fight both Sugar and Trebol after calling Usopp a pussy, giving it her all and just when she is about to lose Sogeking shows up and they engage them together.

Seriously, this such a missed opportunity. Also wtf happened to Senor Pink and Machavise ? Did they dip ? This fight skipping fucking sucks. Yeah I'm whining but I'm doing so because I know Oda can deliver good fights and less convoluted shit than this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
Shrike (03-05-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 08:09 AM   #7
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

As I said, I think that Oda doesn't know what to do with DD's men. Senor Pink, Machvise, Dellinger, Lao G, Gladius, Baby 5, Buffalo... so many characters with great personalities and powers; all appearing and disappearing randomly, not having their fights against the SHs or anyone else. All of them are wasted, and they are, by far, the best villain crew that ever stepped foot in this manga. Wasted potential.

Oda has forgotten Robin completely. She hasn't done anything since she fought one of Enel's priests and that was... what, either years ago? Maybe more? I forgot. He seems to continue to thread this path. He has too many SHs, it seems, and cannot flash them all out. I wonder why though, because at his pace, he has time to develop them all. Sadly, it seems they will all stay one-dimensional characters they always were (like Usopp in this chapter; Jesus Christ that was terrible). The setup to DR was amazing, but it's already losing a lot of its charm.

Edit: Oh, and I have to say this: I hate that OP has had no suspense since Kizaru detonated the Supernovas and Kuma sent the SHs flying. There was some suspense during the MF, but beside Ace dying, the outcome of the war (and the war itself, no matter how fucking AWESOME the setup was) was dictated by PIS. For example, now on DR it seems like the SHs are in a dire situation, but we know that they will be just fine because the plot will remove the obstacles one by one (like Fujitora) when convenient.

Last edited by Shrike; 03-05-2014 at 08:35 AM.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:25 PM   #8
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,774 Times in 930 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

I think Oda is just having a hard time adjusting to the many sub-plots of this arc because at one point they're all going to come together. I agree with the general opinion that Usopp's character is regressing for no apparent reason. He did resolve into putting Luffy's goal before his own, which is what those two years of training was for but at such a crucial time to be throwing all of that away? The only conclusion I can come up with is that Oda is probably stressing too hard over this. DR is probably the most complicated story he's written thus far. Still though, I feel like this is probably a minor hiccup for the overall arc.

I also agree that Robin's character is also being downplayed. She is much more useful than being the SH's Wikipedia. She has been shown to be an excellent fighter, spy, double agent and assassin. None of those qualities are being fleshed out which would have been great for such an occasion.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:32 PM   #9
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Fucking Ussopp, nuff said... lol.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:56 PM   #10
dmaner
Academy Student

dmaner is an unknown quantity at this point

Agree with everyone on everything really getting jam packed lately, but hey there's a lot of story and fights to put into place. Heck, we haven't seen Sanji's group in a long time, no telling how they are doing with the wild card Big Mam Pirates showing up.

How about the DQ Pirates though?! What a group of DF users. Has a single member not been shown to use a DF yet? I think Lao G, Machive, and Dellinger are still not confirmed on their abilities or DF. Who do you all think is the best so far? Best ability or most creative? Do you think Pica is a Paramecia or a Logia? Just thought this would be a good time to reflect since Gladios showed up, and I think he was someone everyone was waiting on to be confirmed. Interesting DF, kind of like Gambit, but not quite.

Oh and on Usopp, only thing I can keep thinking is, "Hey, he's a sniper...maybe he's just getting to cover or higher ground to take his shot." That's all I can hope for.
dmaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:17 PM   #11
Pritha
Chuunin

Pritha is on a distinguished road

guess he has to bring out sogeking
Pritha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:21 PM   #12
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

My only complaint about the DD pirates is that we are not seeing them enough. Oda is skipping battles and not showing their DFs and combat abilities to their fullest. Gladius is awesome and his DF is really Hax. I really hope he gets a good fight but more and more I'm beginning to doubt that Oda will deliver something satisfying outside of the seats and Dofla.

I'm specially disappointed with his handling of Robin. Her potential is huge.

She was able to restrict motherfucking Oars back in TB, imagine what she can do now. She could probably toss ships like Trebol with Gigantesco Mano, fly properly with wing and has great clone play.

Oda holds her back because her ability is too hax, which is why she had a 1 fucking solo fight in the manga so far.

Sigh, this chapter really got me down lol.

Last edited by Dagoro; 03-05-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:58 PM   #13
Sauron
Chuunin

Sauron is on a distinguished road

Wow. I didn't expect that from completely from Ussop. There is a chance something else can happen but it downplays his skills and previous fights. During the thriller bark Ussop especially stepped up in the odds against him. He was able to strategize, roll with the pinches and knock out his opponet as well as the help.

I understand people's frustration with robin but I think that goes on to her previous fights. She has failed with clutch before and she likes to take advantage of the situation instead of monopolizing on it. Here the idea was no matter what happened Ussop was suppose to deliver the shot. We don't know sugars range of power or power.

Besides that the fights are definitely weird and not enough time spend on them. I hope the pacing steadies up because we still have the collesium and koala's orders to go to thw underground. And somewhere I still get the feeling akoiji is going to show up. Either on dr or after. This was still the better out naruto and bleach. My faith is shaken yet.

http://forums.narutocentral.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=24150&datel  ine=1239199012
Sauron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:15 PM   #14
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,660 Times in 1,601 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
Ugh.

This is one of the extremely rare occasions where I can say that an OP chapter was bad. So much freaking PIS here it could power a FT chapter. Robin being turned into a toy feels completely forced. The woman is not stupid, why the hell not have her just knock sugar out instead of trying to use the stupid hot sauce grape ?

Fuck. Robin is always held back by Oda because her power can be really brutal, but this was cringe worthy.
^This.

I've been thinking for several chapters now, why doesn't Robin put Sugar in a strangle hold with her ability and choke the little bitch until she passes out? It's just that simple. Anticlimactic to be sure, but simple none the less. IMO not every single fight needs to be some epic showdown. I salute ingenuity and wit from characters just as much a I do brute force, and hot-headed action. Oda needs remember just what it was about Robin that makes her character special to begin with and use her accordingly.

As a wise old D&D GM of mine once said, "If you're going to play as a wizard, then PLAY as a wizard. Use some actual fucking magic and quit waving your goddamn sword at everything that moves". Good advice.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote