One Piece 741 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 03-12-2014, 06:42 AM   #1
Reesaroni
Genin

Reesaroni is an unknown quantity at this point
One Piece 741

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/741
Reesaroni is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2014, 06:48 AM   #2
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,287 Times in 2,927 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
Re: One Piece 741

Beastly color page. How can anyone say that Oda can't draw ?

Good chapter, though I'm bummed we'll have to wait some more for the shit to hit the fan. I felt so bad for the dwarfs in this chapter. Their devotion to Usoland, them being stepped on like bugs one by one which is why I'm glad Usopp finally came clean and manned up. I will say though that I want less plant attacks and more old projectiles.

It's interesting that Curos wished to be forgotten than Sugar rolled in lol.

Last edited by Dagoro; 03-12-2014 at 06:54 AM.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:54 AM   #3
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road

Indeed stop skipping everything...and yes thank God Ussop turned around. I also felt pity for the gullible dwarves. Thought please Ussop show me more!

Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Magi, Berserk, D gray Man, Witch Craft works, Magical Index-Accelerator, Magical Index, Magical Index-Rail Gun,Magical Index-Endiyram, Claymore, Soul Eater, God Eater, Bride of The Water God, UQ Holder, Prototype of Sinbad, freezing, Fairy Tail, Feng Shen Ji, Attack on Titan, Blood Lad, Witch Hunter, Ubel Blatt, Wolf Guy, Noblesse, Deadman Wonderland, Ajin and Devil is a Part Timer

Why do you challenge me? Have I not given you everything....Mortal?-TIAN

Feng Shen Ji
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:43 PM   #4
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,660 Times in 1,601 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Does anybody else find it humorous that Oda did a better job depicting Curos as a reformed killer in a single chapter, than Kishi has done with any of his characters over the entirety of his manga.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
Spiegel (03-12-2014)
Old 03-12-2014, 10:51 PM   #5
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,774 Times in 930 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
Does anybody else find it humorous that Oda did a better job depicting Curos as a reformed killer in a single chapter, than Kishi has done with any of his characters over the entirety of his manga.
Yes. Yes I do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
Beastly color page. How can anyone say that Oda can't draw ?

Good chapter, though I'm bummed we'll have to wait some more for the shit to hit the fan. I felt so bad for the dwarfs in this chapter. Their devotion to Usoland, them being stepped on like bugs one by one which is why I'm glad Usopp finally came clean and manned up. I will say though that I want less plant attacks and more old projectiles.

It's interesting that Curos wished to be forgotten than Sugar rolled in lol.
Thought we were going to see Sogeking again for a second.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*

Last edited by Spiegel; 03-12-2014 at 10:52 PM.
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:36 AM   #6
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Eh, it was okay I guess, I just can't fathom this Usopp stuff. Too much time was wasted on him trying to gather this amount of courage, this should have happened two chapters ago. When Franky cried for the dwarves for the first time and said that he really wants to help them and asked Luffy to go wild, Usopp should have picked himself up there already. This is just character regression (to idiotic levels) and a pace killer (with pace already being horrendous at times).

Kyros stuff was okay. He was a lot better character then I first imagined, so kudos to Oda. He looks a lot like young Dragon, don't you guys think? Maybe it's just me.

There is also one more thing in OP that I find trapped in a constant loop, and that is the black and white stuff. From arc to arc, the bad guys are like, really bad and evil and child things like that and good guys are all good and naive and sad because they are being ruled over by a tyrant etc etc. I mean, I generally hate this, but I am used to it in OP because Oda usually does it so well and the manga holds such mood since, well, forever. However, I find it a bit too repetitive with the kingdoms and princesses and evil rulers, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
Uh. Umm. Hmm. Nah, I can't see it. Entirety of Naruto is, well, a lot of material, and there are a lot of characters in Naruto that I found better written then Kyros when it comes to being a killer.

If we are talking about Naruto post-Pain... then yeah, definitely there is zero chance that any character got the development that Kyros got in one chapter.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
apacolypz (03-13-2014), Gakure (03-14-2014), NeoKakarott023 (03-13-2014)
Old 03-13-2014, 10:03 AM   #7
Sagensyg
o/a Lawr

Sagensyg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
Uh. Umm. Hmm. Nah, I can't see it. Entirety of Naruto is, well, a lot of material, and there are a lot of characters in Naruto that I found better written then Kyros when it comes to being a killer.

If we are talking about Naruto post-Pain... then yeah, definitely there is zero chance that any character got the development that Kyros got in one chapter.
Huh well I think Kisame was excellent!
Old 03-13-2014, 04:16 PM   #8
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,777 Times in 1,058 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagensyg View Post
Huh well I think Kisame was excellent!
Every Akatsuki Member was wasted, except Itachi, Nagato, Obito/Tobi/Madara, and Konan IMHO. They gave little to no depth on them, and only cared to give them some uber power, so that either Sasuke, or Naruto, hell almost anyone from the class of THAT Chuunin Class, the Wonder Genin, could use them as steps surpassing they're shit. That was they're only purpose, with a splash of story thrown around them.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:46 PM   #9
CrustaceaN
-

CrustaceaN is an unknown quantity at this point

Now if Ussop succeeds.
Remember all those strong fighters that were turned into toys after the Blocks.
Well shit, there is Cavendish, Chinjao's grandchildren etc.

There are no weaklings in the factory at this moment.
Also you can probably put some ol' gladiators in there too, who knows?

Kyros definitely got what he wished for.
CrustaceaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:13 PM   #10
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

I'm betting on Chinjao going ballistic once he realizes that one of Dofla's fighters made him forget his family.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:47 PM   #11
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

I am guessing that Usopp will somehow knock out Sugar in this encounter through his clever traps and that all the characters that were turned into toys gang on Trebol and defeat him. Since there is no way in hell Usopp would live more then a few seconds if he fought Trebol, I am expecting Cavendish, Chinjao etc to fight Trebol until he is defeated.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:09 PM   #12
Sauron
Chuunin

Sauron is on a distinguished road

I thought the chapter was ok and brought things full circle. I kind of forgot what kind of character Ussop really was in the straw hats. I want to say out of everyone he is acts a little more like pirates in other groups. And im not just talking about lying or sacrificing others to further himself. Back when they met Rayleigh ussop is the only one to ask about one piece. I just hope it balances out soon with his skill set and strategies. Go Usopp you are my joy and disappointment at times. If you have to take a beat then do it like no other.

http://forums.narutocentral.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=24150&datel  ine=1239199012
Sauron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:05 PM   #13
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

I'm with Shrike on this; I'm a tad bored with this arc. So much is set up but it feels like nothing is really happening or at least nothing new to hold my attention. Rather just itching for Luffy vs Doflamingo to get started.

And, also, Kryos vs everything Kishimoto wrote - LOL. The murderer turned gladiator turned guy who can't get away from his past life? Not exactly an original story. Interesting but nothing I'd put far an above any other character development. Also, Kishi will always have Zabuza/Haku.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:37 PM   #14
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

I think the big mistake Oda made was not structuring things properly up to this portion involving taking out Sugar. I would have moved everyone to their proper place and displayed all fights that could happen before the toys revert to humans to their fullest, then putting the focus on Usopp/Robin and the sugar situation.

What irks me the most about the way things are unfolding after the time skip is the excessive switching around. It takes me away from what's happening, like Franky vs SP and Machvice. What was the point of starting that fight if we didn't see any of it and the two ultimately left when the Marines arrived ?

That only adds to the slow pacing which is why this particular portion of the arc feels pretty lame.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:37 AM   #15
Pritha
Chuunin

Pritha is on a distinguished road

could ricky from block B be kanjuro? he is being forced to fight?
Pritha is offline   Reply With Quote