Save One Piece - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 10-12-2005, 05:21 PM   #1
sheik
S-Ranked Shinobi

sheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Save One Piece

www.saveonepiece.com

One Piece is a very beloved anime.................until 4kids butched it!

PBS kids has more violence than One Piece. There was even blood in 2 Authur episodes! They talked about death in Sesame Street when Mr. Hoppkins died!!! THey don't even kill anyone off in one piece even if it was crucal to the plot.

They replaced all the guns! They had guns in G rated movies like Bambi, and Loony Toons(Elmer Fudd)!!!!! One Piece dubb replaced it with toy guns taht shot out corks!

THey even took out all traces of Japanese culture!!!!!! THey replaced that one time when the girl gave Zoro oops, I mean Zolo a rice ball they replaced it with COOKIES!

Don't watch this and when the ratings go down, they will change their ways!
Same thing with Dragonball. It was edited like One Piece until it got low ratings from boycotts so it started to open up with the blood.

Again I will post the site!

www.saveonepiece.com

GO TO IT AND BOYCOTT!!!!!

I hardly call 500+ edits, over 30 missing episodes, changing music, names and characters backgrounds making the "minimum amount of changes." They even promised us there would be no unnecessary name changes. That was a lie. Zoro's name was changed to Zolo. Captain Smoker's name was changed to Chaser. Loguetown was changed to Roguetown and on and on and on.

What happened to Typhoon_4434?
made by rasenganfox

Last edited by sheik; 10-12-2005 at 05:31 PM.
sheik is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-13-2005, 09:12 PM   #2
kakashi29
Chuunin

kakashi29 is an unknown quantity at this point
I Care! Chaser, My God They Messed Up Smoker Pretty Dang Bad. I Mean Heck!, They Took The Cigars Out Of His Mouth And You Can See Smoke Coming From His Mouth! And His Mouth Is Always Open! And The Guns Look Like Super Soakers! And What The Heck Is That Thing Helmeppo Is Holding Over Koby's Head, It Is Supposed To Be A Pistol!
kakashi29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 10:50 PM   #3
typhoon_4434
Missing-Nin

typhoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these parts
and you figured this out just now
4kids ruins everything
Viz only ruins a few
coughnarutocough
typhoon_4434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 11:14 PM   #4
Satoku
One Pump Chump

Satoku is on a distinguished roadSatoku is on a distinguished road
I totally agree, they replaced Sanjis cigarette with a lollypop, Ive seen smokers in dexters lab! fuck 4kids, fuck the other people who edit good anime! and fuck Hillary Clinton!
Satoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 07:02 PM   #5
sheik
S-Ranked Shinobi

sheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enough
Authur on PBS kids(PBS KIDS!!! MY 2 YEAR OLD NIECE WATCHES IT!!!!) had more blood than One Piece
(two episodes on Authur there was blood)

I just shook my head when they showed One Piece

At least in the Demon Brothers Episode they really didnt edit hardly anything out. Probably just the cussing.

made by rasenganfox

Old 10-14-2005, 07:10 PM   #6
Kites
I Love Donuts

Kites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to behold
Man, who cares? One piece is still good. Wow, we can't see blood. IT'S A CARTOON! If you want blood go cut yourself, damn. Wow, switch a cigar with a lollypop. Maybe he just uses lollypops cause he just stopped smoking and needs something to get him off the nicotine? THINK PEOPLE
Kites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 07:32 PM   #7
sheik
S-Ranked Shinobi

NOt just the blood but the names, japanese culture and realism

THey replaced Rice Balls with cookies

Zoro, I mean Zolo got stabed and didn't bleed

Names were changed

things were replaced (super Soakers? WTF????? what is this sapose to be? A water gun battle!!!)

deaths were left out even if it was crucal to the story!!!

made by rasenganfox

Old 10-14-2005, 07:38 PM   #8
sheik
S-Ranked Shinobi

I think the super soakers were a bit over the edge!!!!

Curious: How many of you out there watch PBS Kids on a regular basis? Probably not too many, but if you do, that's perfectly fine. I'm a fan of Arthur myself. I do, however, think most of us here agree that the shows on PBS Kids are in fact, meant for kids ages of around 6 and under. I'm going to take a wild guess and assume most people here do not fall into that age category. Or do you? 4kids sure thinks you do. In fact, 4kids thinks you're more sensitive and more stupid than most PBS Kids regular viewers. PBS kids will show things that the dubbed version of One Piece won't show because they know their viewers aren't idiots living in a fairy tale land. They also understand that when people get cut, they bleed. 4kids won't have any of that in their shows. Then again, what do you expect from a company who's president says kids don't even know what anime is and that lables like "anime" are for adults. I'm going to split this section into a few smaller sections for easier reading, and even bring up points that shows how much grown up even PBS and other cartoons are to 4kids.

Blood

If all you've seen is the 4kids episodes, to see them covered in blood may shock you a bit. Do they make you want to burry your face into a pillow, cry yourself to sleep or kill yourself? Of course not! Apparently though, that's what 4kids must think because they never show blood in their shows, including One Piece. Maybe you don't really care for blood, in that case, I'd tell you to stay away from One Piece completely. One Piece contains a lot of blood because of all the fighting that goes on.
Others may think blood isn't appropriate for children. Well, I can recall two episodes of Arthur that showed blood. Albeit it wasn't as much blood as the pictures shown above, it was still there. So, PBS kids knows that blood isn't something that children are too sensitive to see or are afraid of. And who's going to be to blame when kids start stabbing each other because, "When it happened to Zolo on TV, he didn't bleed." Maybe that's too far, but if kids copy what they see on Jackass, it wouldn't surprise me.

Death

4kids refuses to show any characters' deaths on the show, no matter how important it is to the plot. Okay, death is not something that you can say "is not for kids." In the words of Luffy, people die. Let's also not forget there was a Sesame Street episode that taught kids about death when Mr. Hooper died. Many G rated movies have shown death as well. Simba's dad died in the Lion King, and remember Bambi's mother? So there's no reason to hide it from young ones. It's good to teach kids about things like death because it's a part of life. For those of you out there who have only seen the 4kids version of One Piece, you've missed out a few character deaths that 4kids covered up. These particular deaths were important to get to know the main characters better, So why does 4kids hide it? I said it before and I'll say it again, "BECAUSE THEY THINK YOU'RE STUPID!"

Perhaps a few of you still don't believe me or don't think it's that big of a deal. After all death and blood can have a bad impact on kids. But wait, there's more that's been cut!

Guns/Beer/Cigerettes

Remember the old Mickey Mouse cartoons where Pete would have a big cigar in his mouth? Or the old Loony Tunes where someone would fall into a jug of whine and come out all drunk and tipsey turvey and it was funny? Well those days are over folks! 4kids takes out every single cigerette and cigar in the series. Sanji who smokes constantly in the series, now sports a lollipop. A cherry lollipop no less! And don't count on anyone getting drunk or having any fun at all because all the sake in the series has been changed to "juice." Apple juice! Grape Juice! Cherry Juice! All kinds of juice. Obviously if the kids see their heroes drinking juice, they'll drink it to... or something... I have no idea what 4kids was thinking here. Just because kids see beer on TV doesn't mean they'll drink it. Just because kids see someone smoking on TV, doesn't mean they'll do it.
And say goodbye to guns. Every gun in the series has been changed to a toy looking object that, at the worst, shoots lazers. Kids are not as impressionable as 4kids thinks. If they were, we'd have kids outside killing each other with hammers on springs.. Even though guns have been allowed in G rated movies (remember Bambi's mother?) and other Y7 shows (Gargoyles anyone? Or perhaps even BUGS BUNNY!) 4kids will have no part in it. In fact, in a few situations the guns HAVE been replaced with toys such as cork guns. Personally I think this is just plain going too far. Even little kids are not stupid to believe these fearless pirates are afraid of cork guns and if they are, then they shouldn't be smart enough to turn on a TV.
Now I will admit this is stuff PBS kids would also not show, but on the other hand, PBS kids doens't take shows from Japan and rape them up the ass. At least PBS Kids has shows that treats kids like they're smart and that they can learn. Cork guns and lollipops are just insluting

made by rasenganfox

Old 10-14-2005, 07:44 PM   #9
blazin yukasho
*Blazin' ANBU ninja*

blazin yukasho is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont very much like one piece but i do agree with what your saying shiek, they always dubb things to the xtreem, wtf, y change guns with water pistols :/
Old 10-14-2005, 08:05 PM   #10
sheik
S-Ranked Shinobi

I mean the blood is withstandable but

corkguns?

lolli-pops?

super soakers?

replacing rice balls with cookies?

made by rasenganfox

Last edited by sheik; 10-15-2005 at 02:48 PM.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:41 PM   #11
narto781
Genin

narto781 is an unknown quantity at this point
all of u got nice sig mines is lam

as u can c this is my name lol an my sig
narto781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 01:41 PM   #12
narto781
Genin

narto781 is an unknown quantity at this point
dam where u get them

as u can c this is my name lol an my sig
narto781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 02:08 PM   #13
Satoku
One Pump Chump

4kids raped One Piece!
Old 10-15-2005, 02:52 PM   #14
sheik
S-Ranked Shinobi

Yeah, they did some unecessary changes!!!

I hardly call 30 missing episodes and 500+ edits minor changes!!!
I am just glad they didn't rape Naruto! At least they didn't replace Ramen with Chicken Noodle Soup, or replace Shreikins with nerf toys or replace the sexy no Jutsu.

The sexy no Jutsu didn't even have a bikini on!!!!!!!
It would be great if Viz did One Piece so they can keep a lot of the stuff!

made by rasenganfox

Old 10-15-2005, 02:54 PM   #15
Satoku
One Pump Chump

yeah atleast Naruto and Zatch Bell had some blood!