hot girl - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Graphics Design

Graphics Design Show off your works of graphics in here, form clans, or ask for help from members!

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 08:11 PM   #1
360man
Genin

360man is an unknown quantity at this point
hot girl

here my sig i made a while ago

here the animated one

Old 08-22-2006, 08:22 PM   #2
ryanisc001
jaxonsmybitch001

ryanisc001 is on a distinguished roadryanisc001 is on a distinguished road
Re: hot girl

You Need to add more, te backround is rather plain, theres is No blending, No flow, No effects, No border, all your backround is, is a colored brush, you need to add, smudges, c4ds, lighting effects such as, Curves, Levels, Britnaess and contrast, Graident Maps Filters.
there is still alot of ork to be done here.

i suggest reading a few Tuts, "its impossible to learn these tings on your own"- jaxon, he said that to me when i was a newb, wise words indeed.

www.chaosgfx.com go there look at some tuts learn some things and HAVE FUN.

Last edited by ryanisc001; 08-22-2006 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:28 PM   #3
LonelyNinja

*drools* wooooow..... good job!

Old 08-22-2006, 08:30 PM   #4
360man
Genin

um what about no i suggest get a life
Old 08-22-2006, 08:32 PM   #5
LonelyNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360man View Post
lol actually, it was pretty good.

Old 08-22-2006, 08:57 PM   #6
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,473 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I'm sorry, were you just shrugging off Ryan's constructive criticism?

Well, sorry to inform you, but everyone needs it. Especially you. Because that sig isn't very good.

The sig is too large, and cleary based around fitting in as much of the stock as usable, the background is flat, there is very little blending (with very little to blend into), and the animated version has very poor text, and unimaginative animation.

So yeah. Take what people say to heart and stop being an ass.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:59 PM   #7
Bod
Hunter-Nin

Bod is on a distinguished roadBod is on a distinguished road

the sig is pretty lacking as far as gfx goes. feathering a few pixels is not a way to blend a stock. ill assume youre fairly new to gfx and not bad for being so. a few basics you need to be introduced to but overall its not bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan
You Need to add more, te backround is rather plain, theres is No blending, No flow, No effects, No border, all your backround is, is a colored brush, you need to add, smudges, c4ds, lighting effects such as, Curves, Levels, Britnaess and contrast, Graident Maps Filters.
there is still alot of ork to be done here.

i suggest reading a few Tuts, "its impossible to learn these tings on your own"- jaxon, he said that to me when i was a newb, wise words indeed.

www.chaosgfx.com go there look at some tuts learn some things and HAVE FUN.
blending: you could use some. blending is often achieved by erasing part of the stock. but two less destructive ways are brushing over the stock in certain parts that look good according to the current flow of the sig, or using a layer mask. feather around the stock = bad in most cases.

flow: one of the more troublesome attributes of a sig for those new to gfx (and often those who aren't). generally you build the bg around the stock you are using. This often works well because the lighting should match that in the sig and the flow usually works out pretty well on its own.

effects: far from necessary but they are often quite effective while requiring little effort to achieve. this area is quite broad just play around in ps.

border: a little thing that in most cases adds a lot to a sig. it can be as simple as a 1 pixel border, which most often the best choice, to somethign extravagant. Either way it does help.

visual depth: this is often achieved by contrasting brushing. very easy way to do this is to brush in black and white and color it later with additional layers overlayed, or use colored brushes but that requires more skill. either way the colors you are using to brush should been distinct to offer varying levels of highlights and shading.

and not mentioned but, text: text can be the most difficult part of a sig. you really just need to find this part out for your self but fancy fonts seldom look better than simple reliable defaults like arial and TNR.

there are countless other things you can incorporate, those are just some of the basics.

the not so good stuff, but still useful in their respective places.:

bold = not necessary to make a good sig. c4d are a loophole to making a real bg anyway >_>

underline = technically not lighting effects. the lighting is achieved through the brushing/smudging/rendering/etc. in the sig. these options merely accent and heighten them. so just playing with these wont help the lighting if the sig lacks any direction granted by the bg/stock.

and tuts are faaaaaaaar from necessary =.= all you need to do is play around in ps. the people who made the tut did it without one... if you do feel it necessary to use tutorials do not mimic the process word for word more than once. once you have a decent understanding of the process play around and make it your own. people who mimic tutorials exactly are using little skill of there own. if those cases if you can read you can make a sig.

damn that's a long post. =.= i know i wouldn't read it if someone posted it to me.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:09 PM   #8
360man
Genin

i did in a coupple mins i didnt feel like do so p.s im going to punch is u and ryan if u dont shut up
Old 08-22-2006, 10:55 PM   #9
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold

Wow. What do you want to hear, lies? Okay then.

The tag you made is incredible. The background is simple and unexiting, therefore, doesn't hurt my eyes, unlike sharp needles. The text in no way is blended into the signature, and neither is the stock. Good job.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:11 PM   #10
360man
Genin

thx at least some ppl appeitruate my work thx ninja

Last edited by 360man; 08-22-2006 at 11:21 PM.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:32 PM   #11
ryanisc001
jaxonsmybitch001

ryanisc001 is on a distinguished roadryanisc001 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
i did in a coupple mins i didnt feel like do so p.s im going to punch is u and ryan if u dont shut up
i dont appearcate your threats, fuck if you dont want te cnc than dont post your shity siggs i dont really give a fuck. with that attitude youll be a loser and fail at most things. just like you did there, where tring to help you improve if you dont want to, fine then quite now, might as well with that shity atitude
Old 08-23-2006, 12:08 AM   #12
Corbenk
Kuchin

Corbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these parts

Quote:
thx at least some ppl appeitruate my work thx ninja
LMAO... Are you that naive? If you thought rian's critique was harsh here is mine:

It is shitty, the background is boring, the colour is atrocious. The stock does not fit. you have no border and the text on the animated version is uninspired and bland.The sig is far to large and is down right ugly. There is NOTHING good about it, at least, not in my opinion.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:00 AM   #13
360man
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanisc001 View Post
i dont appearcate your threats, fuck if you dont want te cnc than dont post your shity siggs i dont really give a fuck. with that attitude youll be a loser and fail at most things. just like you did there, where tring to help you improve if you dont want to, fine then quite now, might as well with that shity atitude
ur aloser already
Old 08-23-2006, 12:00 PM   #14
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

First - You are an asshole

Second - Ninja48's forgot to add the [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] tags to his post so dont get too happy about him saying the good things about your sig because... he didnt mean it.

Third - Your still an asshole, when people try to help you dont give those shitty remarks you dickweed.

Fourth - If you shoved a broom up my ass, put me on a trampoline on top of a skyscraper in an earthquake, cut of my arms, taken out my eyes I could have probablly made a better sig...on paint.

Fifth - ASSHOLE!

Sixth - If you dont want CnC like you got from these people then dont post your sigs...ever...in fact just forget your password here all together, we hate tards like you.

Seventh - I like the stock

*closed*
Closed Thread