Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin killed - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Talk about anything here that does not fit the other categories.

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 02:16 AM   #1
Kites
I Love Donuts

Kites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to behold
Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin killed

didnt know where else to post this

SOURCE: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060904/..._tv/obit_irwin

Quote:
BRISBANE, Australia - Steve Irwin, the hugely popular Australian television personality and environmentalist known as the "Crocodile Hunter," was killed Monday by a stingray during a diving expedition, Australian media said. He was 44.
ADVERTISEMENT

Irwin was filming an underwater documentary on the Great Barrier Reef in northeastern Queensland state when the accident occurred, Sydney's The Daily Telegraph newspaper reported on its Web site.

The Australian Broadcasting Corp. said Irwin was diving near Low Isles Reef near the resort town of Port Douglas, about 1,260 miles north of the state capital of Brisbane.

Queensland ambulance service spokesman Bob Hamil confirmed that a diver had been killed by a stingray off Lowe Isles Reef but refused to say who the victim was until relatives had been notified.

A rescue helicopter was sent from the nearby city of Cairns, and paramedics from it confirmed the diver's death.

"The probable cause of death is stingray strike to the chest," Hamil said.

Staff at Australia Zoo, Irwin's zoo in southern Queensland, said they had heard the reports but could not comment.

Irwin is famous for his enthusiasm for wildlife and his catchcry "Crikey!" in his television program "Crocodile Hunter," which was first broadcast in Australia in 1992 and has aired around the world on the Discovery channel.

He rode his image into a feature film, and developed the Australia Zoo as a tourist attraction.

Irwin had received some negative publicity in recent years. In January 2004, he stunned onlookers at the Australia Zoo reptile park by carrying his 1-year-old son into a crocodile pen during a wildlife show. He tucked the infant under one arm while tossing the 13-foot reptile a piece of meat with the other.

Authorities declined to charge Irwin for violating safety regulations.

Later that year, he was accused of getting too close to penguins, a seal and humpback whales in Antarctica while making a documentary. Irwin denied any wrongdoing, and an Australian Environment Department investigation recommended no action be taken.

Irwin was also seen as a vocal critic of wildlife hunts in Australia. The federal government recently dropped plans to allow crocodile safaris for wealthy tourists in the Northern Territory following his vehement objections.

Irwin told the Australian television program "A Current Affair" that "killing one of our beautiful animals in the name of trophy hunting will have a very negative impact on tourism, which scares the living daylights out of me."

He is survived by his American wife Terri, from Oregon, and their daughter Bindi Sue, 8, and son Bob, who will turn 3 in December.

Old 09-04-2006, 02:24 AM   #2
LonelyNinja

Re: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin killed

he's dead?! i never really liked the guy, but he's integrated himself into this culture.

Last edited by LonelyNinja; 09-04-2006 at 02:31 AM.

Old 09-04-2006, 02:27 AM   #3
slayer91
Hunter-Nin

slayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to behold

one less stupid person on this planit......i saw this comming from a mile away....
I am what I am
Old 09-04-2006, 02:29 AM   #4
ApatheticDimwit
ಠ_ಠ

ApatheticDimwit is infamous around these partsApatheticDimwit is infamous around these partsApatheticDimwit is infamous around these partsApatheticDimwit is infamous around these partsApatheticDimwit is infamous around these partsApatheticDimwit is infamous around these parts

what is this?!
Old 09-04-2006, 03:05 AM   #5
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Really. Is it true. Almost a year ago I heard he's killed by a croc in Thailand.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

Old 09-04-2006, 05:23 AM   #6
UzumakiIchigo
Genin

UzumakiIchigo is an unknown quantity at this point

man thats crazy. I never really liked the guy but who woulda thought he'd spend his entire life around Nature only to have nature kill him, I'ts quite Ironic actually, If not horrible.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:08 AM   #7
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,474 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Poor guy. At least he died doing what he loved.
R.I.P.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:35 AM   #8
Fubukimaru Yukishimo
Genin

Fubukimaru Yukishimo is an unknown quantity at this point

He must have aggravated it somehow. Steve Irwin was both brave and stupid for the things he did...but mostly stupid. Stingrays don't attack unless provoked...either that or he got way to close to one of them and got hit accidentally. I just hope his family will get along eventually and his son or daughter won't try the same stuff in the future.

Take the Naruto character test!
Old 09-04-2006, 07:02 AM   #9
Kekkei Genkai
Chuunin

Location: Somewhere someplace doing something, meeting someone somehow
Kekkei Genkai is an unknown quantity at this point

Gee, I'd say he was really unlucky. Stingrays only stink attackers when provoked and when it stings, it's usually not fatal. In Steve's case, he was stabbed right through the heart. Really unfortunate. Well, I never really got to watch the show cause my parents wouldn't get cable. But I got every chance to see his shows whenever I was at a place where I got cable. He was a brave and kind man. Kind to all animals and he showed us that there isn't really that much of a rift between humans and animals. He was a hero and an inspiration to many people. Not to mention entertaining too. At least he died while doing something that he really enjoyed doing. Let's not be too harsh people, he was one of us. Let's give a toast and a moment of silence for him. God help his family too. Well done mate, well done.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:06 AM   #10
[M5290]
Genin

[M5290] is an unknown quantity at this point

R.I.P. , i liked his shows and i always believed that if he was going to die he will have been kiled by a crocodile...

Gai: "Youth is sweet and sour and sometimes strict, Kakashi."
Kakashi: "Did you say something?"
Gai: "Oh my god!!! That was pretty good rival Kakashi. That reaction is somewhat 'modern' and it pisses me off!!!"
Old 09-04-2006, 08:31 AM   #11
Mallory
Genin

Mallory is an unknown quantity at this point

RIP, but i am so glad he isn't making new shows! he scared me *backs away slowly into a dark corner*!
i am sakura. so cool! XP
Old 09-04-2006, 09:08 AM   #12
Avian
Jounin

Avian will become famous soon enoughAvian will become famous soon enoughAvian will become famous soon enough

It would have been great he was eaten by a croc ^_^
But i say its still a great lost. I respected the man. One lost for mother nature.

Aww!! Dont worry Mallory!! Ill keep you safe... *grabs mallory in the dark*

Uzumaki Naruto - Uchiha Sasuke
Wind Element - Fire/Lightning
Ninjutsu, Taijutsu, Chakra Manipulation - Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, Taijutsu, Chakra Manipulation
Rasengan- Chidori
Sage Mode, Rikoudo Mode - Perfect Mangekyu Sharingan
Old 09-04-2006, 11:12 AM   #13
Grimmjow
SCHITT

Grimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avian View Post
It would have been great he was eaten by a croc ^_^
But i say its still a great lost. I respected the man. One lost for mother nature.

Aww!! Dont worry Mallory!! Ill keep you safe... *grabs mallory in the dark*
so sad, a stingray gets the best of him,when i thought a croc would rip off his head someday,

anyway avian, dont be grabbing mallory

Old 09-04-2006, 11:26 AM   #14
Mooch

he never knew what he was doing. I study herpotology and from what I saw he made MANY mistakes. One major one was every venemous snake he found, he tail-handled. 1: that is a very good way to hurt the snake. 2: the snake can easily climb up it's own body. 3: it just gives the snake better leverage when it strikes.

He was a nice guy yes, but from the first ep of croc hunter I saw, I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later... I'll miss his wackiness at it truly is a shame, but he just didn't know what he was doing, and he danced with death.

Old 09-04-2006, 11:28 AM   #15
tyler2000
Genin

Location: Konohagakure, aka. The Fire Country or completing the Chuunin exam
tyler2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: the best turned worst day ever

You people are so stupid, all of you should respect him, I think all of you are awful, everyone calls him stupid, well without him, howwould any of you know anything about crocodiles if he was not there to do it, he put his life on the line to show all of you stupid and iggnorant assholes about it.

Owner of the Sannin FC
Member of the Atasuki FC
Memebr of the Ultimate Ninja FC
Closed Thread