Official Bleach Dub Chat - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Bleach Series > Bleach Anime

Bleach Anime Talk about the anime series of Bleach here! Remember, this is anime online. No manga!

Old 09-10-2006, 01:10 AM   #16
KyoichiKanami
R.I.P Richard Pryor 12/1/1940 - 12/10/2005

KyoichiKanami is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Official Bleach Dub Chat

Okay, well, Kon was really terrible. He'll probably be the Naruto of the show. The dub really wasn't that good; I expected much better, but it wasn't that bad. Ichigo's voice was pretty, well, offish. Rukia's was good, but her emoting wasn't too good. Let's just hope Uryuu and Chad are good. We'll see.

The Dai-Gurren Dan! Kicking reason to the curb and piercing through heaven!
KyoichiKanami is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2006, 01:03 PM   #17
ryanisc001
jaxonsmybitch001

ryanisc001 is on a distinguished roadryanisc001 is on a distinguished road

lol, i thought it was funny, i liked at the very beging, he just kicked that guy in the face and was stomping his head into the ground.
another funny part was when she was showing him the differnce between hollow and reg ghost, he said, "why do your drawing suck so much"
Old 09-10-2006, 01:26 PM   #18
SHiNiGaMiSHiNoBi545
Genin

SHiNiGaMiSHiNoBi545 will become famous soon enoughSHiNiGaMiSHiNoBi545 will become famous soon enoughSHiNiGaMiSHiNoBi545 will become famous soon enough

LoL! I got all excited when it premiered cuz I was used to watching Bleach on a not-so-high-quality miniscreen in my comp and by the time I saw it so big and clear on my flat-screen I got all giddy .

Anyways, I think Ichigo's voice doesn't match him very well...but that's just my opinion. But Rukia, man her voice is awsome! It's like perfect! I don't like the way she says 'Kidou' or 'Zanpakutou'. When she said 'zanpakutou' I was cracking up. It just sounded so...unnatural =.=! And Kon, too! YUK! LoL! All-in-all I think the dub's pretty good. Better than Naruto, but only because they kept in some originals (like the opening and ending!!!) but when it comes to anime dubs airing on Adult Swim, you should expect the originals to stay put. It usually turns out good when it airs on Adult Swim ^_^

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ÇHïÑ€§€ ®€Ð ð®åg¤ñ ßåßë°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

SHiNiGaMiSHiNoBi545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 03:19 PM   #19
OffTheChain

OffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbenk View Post
Wrong, canada FTW.

Personally, I think a calm "bankai" is so much more intimidating then a "BANFUCKINGKAI".
its intimidating when byakuya says "bankai" calm >.> lol
OffTheChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 03:27 PM   #20
cursesealer
ANBU

Location: At someplace somewhere with someone that somebody knew
cursesealer is a glorious beacon of lightcursesealer is a glorious beacon of lightcursesealer is a glorious beacon of lightcursesealer is a glorious beacon of lightcursesealer is a glorious beacon of lightcursesealer is a glorious beacon of lightcursesealer is a glorious beacon of lightcursesealer is a glorious beacon of lightcursesealer is a glorious beacon of light

Other than Kon's voice (which sucks sooooooooo much), they did a pretty descent job. Ichigo's voice does need to be a bit meaner and harsh but the voices, I felt, were on the money and did much more justice than what Naruto did. AND AT LEAST THERE WAS NO STUPID PHRASE ICHIGO SAID THAT WOULD TURN THE SHOW INTO A PIECE OF CRAP! Thank God for it being on Adult Swim.

member of the Akatsuki FC

My apprentice in training: naruto_the_demon_fox

One day, when I have enough money,
I shall buy all of the world's belguim waffles and pancakes.

cursesealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 06:33 PM   #21
Hazumirein
Academy Student

Hazumirein is an unknown quantity at this point

It could have been a little bit better, but overall the dub seemed good to me. Ichigo's voice is different, but I like it. Rukia's is pretty darn good too. Again, a little different, but good. Karin and Ichigo's dad (I forget his name at the moment...) were really good too. Yuzu's could have been better, but maybe it'll improve with time. However, Kon's voice in the preview was like...just not right. I really hope it's not as bad as it sounds...

I, personally, was quite happy that they left the opening and ending themes alone. "Asterisk" and "Life Is Like a Boat" are a couple of my favorite (anime) songs. Also, I was glad that they decided to use words like "Kidou" and "Zanpakutou" instead of translating them all funny. Though, I don't get why they couldn't have just used "Shinigami" too, instead of changing it to "Soul Reaper".

Well, overall, the first dub episode was pretty good. Let's hope the rest of the voices and stuff are good too.
Hazumirein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 07:54 PM   #22
OffTheChain

OffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazumirein View Post
Though, I don't get why they couldn't have just used "Shinigami" too, instead of changing it to "Soul Reaper".

Well, overall, the first dub episode was pretty good. Let's hope the rest of the voices and stuff are good too.

A shinigami is a Japanese death deity and is one of the many shinto religion gods. Well since a majority of americans/canadians are christian, jewish and other popular religions outside the japanese, they dont want their children or so believing that a shinigami from an anime, is the real death of god for their own religion, ya see?

its like saying to a child an apple is ONLY red. All children would see apples as red (when they're in preschool etc). Its a common colour. Go to a 4 year old and tell them an apple is also green, it kinda ruins the common culture of what children know and sort of confuses them

xD

so...as soul reaper is the closest definition to a "shinigami" and there wont be any debates about what god belongs to what, its legit.
OffTheChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 09:38 PM   #23
KrAZyNiNjABoY
-Kureji Ninja-

KrAZyNiNjABoY is an unknown quantity at this point

Do u think they'll say ppls names right?
Old 09-10-2006, 11:04 PM   #24
Demonhacker
Gyokunyo

Demonhacker is infamous around these partsDemonhacker is infamous around these partsDemonhacker is infamous around these partsDemonhacker is infamous around these partsDemonhacker is infamous around these partsDemonhacker is infamous around these partsDemonhacker is infamous around these parts

Hmm...I believe they said the majority of the voices right

Im the guy you see pass by you on the street. Im the one you ignore everyday. Im not heroic or extrodinary. Im neither very smart nor am I stupid, but I have needs.I have been here longer than most have. I am a veteran around these parts, but attention is not granted to me. I am ignored, and thats how I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeds
So I was thinking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shino
I hope you didnt hurt yourself.
Demonhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 12:48 AM   #25
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all

Kon's voice is terrible. It's like the shitty job they did for Naruto characters.

...But other than that, I have only one qualm. Ichigo's voice is great and all for when he talks normally, but his "crazy pissed" voice doesn't match correctly at all. He should speak quicker, be slightly higher pitched, and etc. That voice actor seriously needs to learn a few things.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 03:49 PM   #26
Smeeeeee
Asian Sensation

Smeeeeee will become famous soon enoughSmeeeeee will become famous soon enough

i think rukia's and ichigo's is good. right on the dot

I AM THE ASIAN SENSATION!
Smeeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 05:14 PM   #27
Mizukage Hitsugaya 10
Mizukage

Mizukage Hitsugaya 10 is on a distinguished roadMizukage Hitsugaya 10 is on a distinguished road

I can't wait to here Hitsugaya-kun's voice I hope they get that right.

Member of the Star Wars FC
Mizukage Hitsugaya 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 12:49 PM   #28
Corbenk
Kuchin

Corbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these parts

Mizuro, and orihime's voices SUCK. Mizuro's kind of grown on you, but orihimie's just plane sucks.
Corbenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 12:55 AM   #29
UzumakiIchigo
Genin

UzumakiIchigo is an unknown quantity at this point

Ugh, I just watched the second episode and after hearing the voices over and over again they just got really annoying, Especially the classmates.
They pronounce Orihime horribly.
Chads voice was alright but I'm sure over time it'll sound worse and worse
UzumakiIchigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 09:13 PM   #30
SirBenoit
Sennin

SirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud of

adult swim does alot better job than toonami, they're ok.

SirBenoit is offline   Reply With Quote