Gaara - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 11-01-2006, 04:28 PM   #1
DidalyW
Academy Student

DidalyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Gaara

Hey, I was rereading Part 2 of the manga the other day and I remembered a question I really wanted to ask. After Gaara died and lost the One-tail, did he lose alot of his power? I mean I know that there is no definative answer but I was kinda wondering what ya'll thought? I haven't gone back and read the Chunin exam manga recently but I seem to recall that the sand in his goard was controlled by the One-tail to protect Gaara. Also is he going to lose those awesome circles around his eyes now that he can sleep well. Any thoughts or ideas?
DidalyW is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-01-2006, 04:33 PM   #2
Distortion
Special Jounin

Distortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to behold
Re: Gaara

Quote:
Originally Posted by DidalyW View Post
Hey, I was rereading Part 2 of the manga the other day and I remembered a question I really wanted to ask. After Gaara died and lost the One-tail, did he lose alot of his power? I mean I know that there is no definative answer but I was kinda wondering what ya'll thought? I haven't gone back and read the Chunin exam manga recently but I seem to recall that the sand in his goard was controlled by the One-tail to protect Gaara. Also is he going to lose those awesome circles around his eyes now that he can sleep well. Any thoughts or ideas?
Yeah, since he can sleep those "Bags" around his eyes should be gone in a matter of days. Listen, Gaara has only lost his massive chakra power that he contained which allowed him to use a bunch of jutsus in one match, as well as the spirt that protected him is gone, so no automatic sand protection. His control over sand has not changed, from what I read his dad taught him since he was young so he learnt it from him. Gaara should be getting a lot stronger since he is kazekage he needs to keep his skills sharp. A kage is suppose to be the strongest person in the village afterall...0_o
Old 11-01-2006, 04:40 PM   #3
Invisible01x
Genin

Invisible01x is an unknown quantity at this point

Well his 'sand-shield' which reacted automatically was from the Shukaku (hope I hit the right name for the one'tail bijuu ).
The control of sand in general though was his own jutsu (like Shikamaru's shadow'imitation jutsu)

Well about is he lost or gained power it was somewhere else a discussion - I think in the "Gaara vs. Kisame"-thread - and it is difficult to say something since nothing was said about it.

If it would be like with Naruto, where several times was said that without the Kyuubi he may have far more chakra - I think cause alot of his chakra is used to keep the kyuubi imprisoned (my own opinion) - this would mean Gaara would be have more Chakra now too and would be in total seen stronger.
He could use still a sand'shield but would need to fully controll it himself now, so maybe the 'learning' of not thinking it's automatically will weaken him for a time but afterwards he would be stronger.

However: Nothing was said if it is for all with a bijuu inside them the same, so actually it 'could' have weakened Gaara... difficult discussion since some think it is like with Naruto other think it weakened him alot.

I myself think it is like with Naruto so he will be stronger after he learned a bit to not have an automatically defense.
The goard he has not anymore, yes, but he still can control sand in general...

So well in general 'my' opinion is: he will be stronger than before, so same like with Naruto (at least which was said about him and the Kyuubi).

About the eyes... well would make sense that it fades away, though I don't think too fast since he was used to not be able to sleep for several years (since he was a child or even baby) due of the nightmares... so I do not expect him to be able to sleep now directly all okay.
And well... these eyes are Gaara, so actually I do 'hope' they not disappear, would make him look a bit strange if you ask me.

So far from my opinion *smiles*
Invisible01x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 06:22 PM   #4
ROAD-NINJA-GIRL
Chuunin

ROAD-NINJA-GIRL has a spectacular aura aboutROAD-NINJA-GIRL has a spectacular aura aboutROAD-NINJA-GIRL has a spectacular aura aboutROAD-NINJA-GIRL has a spectacular aura about

It'll be weird seeing Gaara without those circles around his eyes, but I do believe be won't have them anymore............If it doesn't work out for him (I mean his new look)........there's always makeup to make those circles!!!
Old 11-01-2006, 06:25 PM   #5
SabakuTaiso06
Genin

SabakuTaiso06 is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont know why I thought the sand that protected him was his mom... Didnt Yashamaru(name?) say something like that in the manga. I think the shukaku only gave him a lot of chakra. I am going to go look for that discussion...
SabakuTaiso06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 07:43 PM   #6
Distortion
Special Jounin

Distortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabakuTaiso06 View Post
I dont know why I thought the sand that protected him was his mom... Didnt Yashamaru(name?) say something like that in the manga. I think the shukaku only gave him a lot of chakra. I am going to go look for that discussion...
That would be cool as a loop whole, yet I doubt it. It was all Shukaku, Gaara is one of my favorite top 3 people in Naruto. His whole "standing still" while nothing hits him thing is just so fukin awesome, so I hope he can still have it some how.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:51 PM   #7
Invisible01x
Genin

Invisible01x is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabakuTaiso06 View Post
Well he said it, yes. But only because gaara was a child and he told him so his mother would be always with him and protect him.
In reality it was the Shukaku-bijuu which lead the sand, just got he was a lil bit crazy to these times (could not sleep, nearly everyone in his own village wanted to see him death, his father even send people to kill him: not good for staying all calm and not going crazy, heh) he stood in believing that it was his mother.

Difficult to explain or say it right... I guess he was just a bit crazy about this since of Yashamaru's words and so, especially in the end where he told him that his mother in real hated him... so some kind of 'not accepting' these words and he stood withthe believe that the sand is his mother.
Invisible01x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:26 PM   #8
lesserblade
ANBU

lesserblade is an unknown quantity at this point

Well didnt it say that Gaaras mother had the shukaku inside of her and if thats true than it could have had part of her soul trapped within the sand
Old 11-01-2006, 08:28 PM   #9
Mooch

he is still a skilled sandbender if thats what you mean. He just cannot release shukaku since he no longer has him.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:25 PM   #10
DidalyW
Academy Student

DidalyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Sweet thats what I was thinking, thanks your ya'lls help
DidalyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 01:12 PM   #11
maccaruso
Academy Student

maccaruso is an unknown quantity at this point

From what I understand the protective sand in Gaara's gourd was just chakra infused sand, not an incarnation of Shukaku. I am not sure where I saw this mentioned in the manga. I will have to re-read most of the manga to come back with a confirmation and citation.

If correct, the only powers that Gaara would lose would be to transform into the various forms of Shukaku.
maccaruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 02:42 PM   #12
zenki
Academy Student

zenki is an unknown quantity at this point

he is an killer,because of that i like him very much.............

i wonder if i could be one of him....

i want to be a ninja like gaara.....

zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 11:23 PM   #13
cuatro
Academy Student

cuatro is an unknown quantity at this point

to tell you the truth the bijuu was not that big help to gaara it only give him the sand protection(that any high level ninja can get around, meaning useless if you are fighting a class S) and the transformation that he do on the battle of konoha,(i think since the invasion he doesn't use it anymore aside from the sand protection, just my opinion)
cuatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 11:28 PM   #14
lesserblade
ANBU

lesserblade is an unknown quantity at this point

in my opinion the bijuu actually weakend gaara because while suffering from insomnia u cant think straight in order to fight so now that he dosnt have it anymore than he is probably stronger