do u think spirits and ghost are real? - Page 15 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section > Conspiracy Theories

Conspiracy Theories Talk about your theories here.

Old 11-28-2006, 09:57 PM   #211
Rhi
Genin

Rhi is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: do u think spirits and ghost are real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbenk View Post
Sort of the "If I say it enough times, it will become true".
the thing is that i've found if i do say things enough times they do come true eg forgiving someone "i forgive you *insert name here* for *insert reason here*" then if you just keep saying that everyday you'll eventually forgive that person.

Member Of:
Band Geeks FC
Rhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-28-2006, 10:31 PM   #212
Corbenk
Kuchin

Corbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these parts

Rhi, that could simply be you forgiving the person. Meaning, even if you did not say that, you'd forgive the person in the same amount of time. I am probably wrong, but that is what it seems like.

About me being closed minded, I'm not. I am not denying any possible existence of spiritual being, I am simply saying that based on what I've seen, most people who have these encounters are simply fooling themselves. Scientifically, there have been no discoveries of "spirits", there are simply a series of messages sent from the brain to the rest of the body. Some ones being is simply the way their brain works and thinks.

I myself used to be VERY spiritual. I was in to the occult and all that shabang. I used tarot cards, rune stones and the like. I used to want so badly to speak to a ghost, just so I could be different from the others. So I could live like those I've only read about. Then one day, when reading some one's fortune, I realised how vague these readings were. Give me ANY teenager, I can tell you right now that:

-They will being going through a transition
-They have tough times ahead
-Things, people, are not always what they seem.

Now, I could have drawn some tarot or I could have taken into account that all people are constantly going through transitions. That all teens have hard times ahead of them. That during adolecense, people will often gain and loose friends at an amazing rate. Around this time I also realised that when I told a buddy he would have good luck, he did. Why? Because he thought he would. As such, he looked at things from an optimistic view.

[ie) John is being a little fuck and wont due his work. As such he is sent to a months detention and gets a failing grade in the class (for the over all average). In detention he meets Jane, Jane and John start talking and hit it off and two days later start going out! As a consequence of their persistant chatter they are both given another months detention.]

Now, because of his lack of work, john has a girl friend. Never mind the fact that he s failing. Never mind the fact that John used to go home at lunch to check if his mother was drinking and to detour her from doing so and now that he is not there at lunch she has been going on a four week binge. Never mind the fact that nobody has learned anything positive. John has been told that he is going to have good luck and ignores the problems and focuses of the good things around him!

I have found that the occult and spirits and all that are more psychological than "Magic". But hey, if you honestly believe that you have talked to a spirit, that is great, keep talking to them. However, be honest with yourself. Are they there, or do you just want them to be there?
Corbenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:59 AM   #213
OffTheChain

OffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure Evil

...and John is an idiot. XD

..who would believe a fortune cookie and the wise words of a gypsie? come on >.> Those are things not to trust when it comes to "coming in contact with the spirit world yada yada"

Spirits to some people are "illusions" like you said a psychological effect, due to some social problems etc. the magicians who are REAL magicians and dont use crappy, CG'd magic effects, how do they do what they do?
Do they deny the laws of physics or create an illusion in our head? Sometimes people who watch magicians (live) think "meh...he wont do a thing" then you see he does. You trained your mind not to believe in magic, yet you saw he magic in front of you. Your brain has all these blasting impluses making you wonder "how the hell?"

There are like 1 in 4 people who would ask themselves "why do i exist?...do i have some purpose on this earth?" They arent trying to be emo and depressed but some people do come across that question. If spirits/magic is not real, then is god real? If god is not real, how did we come into existence? Did the chicken or the egg come first? Do we really exist, or are we just illusions to some in another dimension in which we see them as ghosts?

Is the sky really blue? No because what we see as blue is really nitrogen gas and electrons emitting different colors (so and so forth for those who dont do physics) and well it reflects off our eyes and because we are below the sky, we see it as blue in the morning. So really, is the whole world just an illusion? Or are the things that surround us, maybe atmospherically effect the way we see things?

the world is filled with a mixture of logical and ilogical things. People may have an answer, but ya cant be certain or can rectify what really is and what really isnt.
OffTheChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:22 PM   #214
Miburo

OTC-Heh, you're kind of sounding like Descartes there towards then end. Have you read any of Descartes' philosophy?

And from a strictly logical standpoint, you can most likely apply the same logical principles that you would in regards to the existence of God, trolls, demons, fairies, ect. in this scenario involving ghosts and spirits.

Defaultly there's no reason to believe they exist until someone makes the claim, in which case the burden of proof fails on the one claiming existence. If proof cannot be established then there's no reason to stray from the default stance.

Occam's razor also applies here. Whenever someone tries to contribute ghosts or spirits towards an explaination to some unexplainable event they're pretty much just 'making up' an explaination (because they're not basing this off of any actual proof, afterall). It's better to cut unnecessary elements from the equation. So in this case it's better to say "I don't know how the hell that happened" compared to "Ghosts did it!"
Old 11-29-2006, 02:06 PM   #215
k97yx
Genin

k97yx is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbenk View Post
I'm going to go ahead and call bull shit on everyone who believes in ghosts.

The idea of a spirit has no scientific backing, nor any logical backing. The only time that "soul" is real is when you use it as a metaphor for a persons being/persona.

People who claim they has talked or communicated with a spirit, I honestly think that your mind is playing tricks on you. Often a person will want something so badly to happen that they can convince themselves that it has happened. Sort of the "If I say it enough times, it will become true".

The idea of a spirt world or after life was most probably created to help people cope with the cause of death. The idea that one day we will all just, sort of, stop being is somewhat terrifying. Think about it, you just lie in the ground forever, it is like everything goes black. That is it, poof. There is nothingness. No one wants life to end like that. Due to the possibility of death, people mor than likely would have created an idea that there is another life. It was a defense mechanism that they would use in order to not fear death every waking moment.

SCIENCE CANT PROVE EVERYTHING RIGHT SO
when does a ninja strike? a ninja waits until the time is right, when the enemy sleeps and drops his guard, when his weapons lie forgotten in the stillness of the nignt, that is the time for a ninja to strike
_

Proud Member of:
_
Evil FC
Naruto Girls FC
Re: Hokage Power(now called The Leaf Village's Hokage Power)FC
Kakashi FC
Organization XIII
k97yx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 02:09 PM   #216
OffTheChain

OffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure Evil

never heard of it sorry lol. but i might look for it later!

but its true. there sometimes is no explanation to what is around us. Like how the hell do we know 1 + 1 is 2 XD

lmao i love occam's razor. learnt about it last month

how would you know science cant prove anything?
how would you know religion can prove everything?

Last edited by OffTheChain; 11-29-2006 at 02:11 PM.
OffTheChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 02:40 PM   #217
Miburo

Quote:
Originally Posted by k97yx View Post
It's not good to think of it as a 'science vs. faith' thing as if those are the only two options. It's not as if science fails to explain something then faith must be right by default then. It doesn't work that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffTheChain View Post
never heard of it sorry lol. but i might look for it later!
The first half of Descartes' First Meditations is good, but most of everything else is pretty crappy. Worth the read if you're interested in philosophy, and are really, really bored. ; )
Old 11-29-2006, 04:23 PM   #218
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by k97yx View Post
Agaaaaaaaaaah. I want to start explaining a whole bunch of stuff in this thread because of certain stupid posts, but then I'll be writing hueg (yes, hueg) posts about philosophy. Then, the people that I directed my post towards will not understand me, make a stupid post again, then I'll be mad because I wasted my time. Good thing other peoples (Corbenk, OTC, Miburo) have explained a good portion of it already.

But anyway, to keep it short: if you see or sense ghosts, you're only seeing or feeling something that you've never felt before, so you conclude (illogically) that it must be ghosts. Usually, if you think you saw a ghost, you did NOT see it clearly. You are never 100% sure that what you saw was in fact a ghost. Therefore, claiming what you saw was a ghost is really illogical.

Science cannot explain some things about the world because they are not clear to observation. And that's only when things cannot be explained. As long as you can observe clearly, you can make an accurate scientific statement about something. Science cannot answer "hey, what happened at the beginning of the universe?" because scientists cannot travel back in time and go "oh, hey, look, these two thingies collided." They can only make indirect observations about the past by looking directly at things in the future (or indirectly test something), and calculate what might've happened (but to not 100%, about 90-99% really) using maths and physics.

I hate when people claim "lolol science has been disproven somtimes so if you belive in science then ur close minded and are reely boring." First of all, when science is disproven, it's usually because of statistics. For example, a doctor-sciency person claims that another person has a disease and will most likely die. If the other person survives, did they prove the doctor wrong? Not completely, because the doctor only predicted that they most likely will die, not that they would in fact die.

In situations where experiments disprove earlier scientists, this isn't a true "proving science wrong" situation. New experiments where new technology is available may alter earlier propositions by scientists because the scientists before did not have as much technological accuracy as they do now, and therefore their theories will only be altered slightly, according to the amount of technological advancement there has been. I mean, early on, Pi was 3.141. Whoever thought of Pi (cannot remember history atm) couldn't calculate it, because they didn't develop calculus. They weren't necessarily wrong ("you're wrong, Pi isn't 3.141, it's 3.14159!"), they were just not as accurate.

Second, as for the close mindedness, that's a really... close minded statement. By closed or open mindedness, you're talking about broadening your ways of thinking, right? Automatically, I have already considered ghosts existing, and have thought to question their existance, and have concluded that they most likely do not exist. You, however, are still at the first step in this line of thinking.

Also, just because someone thinks logically and studies science doesn't mean they don't enjoy other things. I personally enjoy sports, art, and music. Just because I know the sun is a massive flaming fission reaction, gravity field-y super high kelvin object in deep and black space does not mean I can't enjoy looking at a nice, serene sunset portrayed in a painting. Just because I know that music is just a bunch of vibrations carried in the air, beating on my eardrums, and chemically reacting with my brain, doesn't mean I can't enjoy music.

I can write many many more paragraphs about this, but I'm too lazy. I said I would keep it short in the beginning, but I actually didn't. Blarzingblahrghh, long post is looong.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:45 PM   #219
PrincessMononoke
Academy Student

PrincessMononoke is an unknown quantity at this point

Of course they're real...there is a Komada sitting behind you right now waiting for the Nightwalker to rise...

Princess Mononoke
PrincessMononoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:01 PM   #220
teamkakshi
Genin

Location: head in the furture,arm's and leg's in the past and body in the present so u tell me!!!!!
teamkakshi is a jewel in the roughteamkakshi is a jewel in the roughteamkakshi is a jewel in the roughteamkakshi is a jewel in the roughteamkakshi is a jewel in the roughteamkakshi is a jewel in the rough

i think my room is haunted sometimes

member of NARUTO ADDICTS FC
member of AKATSUKI FC
sup!

teamkakshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:29 PM   #221
sand_illusions
Jounin

sand_illusions is a name known to allsand_illusions is a name known to allsand_illusions is a name known to allsand_illusions is a name known to allsand_illusions is a name known to allsand_illusions is a name known to allsand_illusions is a name known to allsand_illusions is a name known to allsand_illusions is a name known to allsand_illusions is a name known to all

ghosts and stuff? nah, but i believe in guardian angels, i have met one before...awesome expirience...

[/QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnticitizenOne View Post
Christian Girls ftw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kites View Post
20/10 Christianity FTW
"]

We live in the HERE and NOW
so don't worry about what will happen tomorrow, todays troubles are enough for today-Matthew 6:34
sand_illusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:47 PM   #222
toti
Academy Student

toti is an unknown quantity at this point

I, personally, dont believe in ghost and have never seen one. At the same time I think that if you truly believe in something, it may come true. My brother on the other hand is different. He tells me that he sees ghost, not because he wants. Every since he was a kid he was always afraid of the dark and what not. One time at our old house when he went to use the restroom he saw my grandma. He cracked up and ask her why she didnt close the door. He didnt think much of it until he step into the hallway and saw my grandma there. He went into a shock and collasp.

After he recover I told him that I dont believe in ghost but if he thinks they are real, he should go up to them next time and confront them. That way he can prove to himself that he may be seeing shadows instead of ghost.

Long story short, he now works at the hospital as a security. He tells me that every other week he sees ghost. They dont look like how hollywood protrait it. Just people, very pale, walking around like they are lost without any facial expression. When he greets them and they dont answer, he just mind his own business.

So do I believe in ghost? NO. But that does not mean I dont believe what my brother tells me...
toti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:39 PM   #223
AnticitizenOne
The One Free Man

AnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to all

No, I don't believe that ghosts are real. The very idea to me seems so idiotic and illogical. The idea that dead people could be walking amoung us in some kind of form we can neither see nor touch nor hear, is idiotic and simplistic at best. If we cannot see them, hear them, or touch them, how will we ever prove they are real. Answer: We cannot. We will never prove that ghosts are real and to some stupid people we shall never prove that they are not real, because they're not supposed to be able to be proven true.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:03 AM   #224
colini
The Cutest Boy Ever

colini is on a distinguished roadcolini is on a distinguished road

Yes i know they are real, but dont wanna get into that right now..
ja ik dans en ik lach,
maar niemand weet dat ik 's nachts huil.

http://www.myspace.com/chopbeatz
colini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:39 PM   #225
knife man
Resident Vampire

knife man is a splendid one to beholdknife man is a splendid one to beholdknife man is a splendid one to beholdknife man is a splendid one to beholdknife man is a splendid one to beholdknife man is a splendid one to beholdknife man is a splendid one to beholdknife man is a splendid one to beholdknife man is a splendid one to beholdknife man is a splendid one to beholdknife man is a splendid one to behold

I truly believe that ghosts and spirits exist
theres this house by me that was built on an Native American burial ground and all the people who lived in that house either commit suicide or died in a brutal way
and i have many other stories.....

props to Lonely Ninja

knife man is offline   Reply With Quote