The new Superman and Batman movie - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Movies & Television

Movies & Television Talk about your favorite classic or new movies here and also talk about your favorite television shows!

Old 08-23-2013, 12:08 AM   #1
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road
The new Superman and Batman movie

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...ntcmp=features

I know this is from FoxNews, but dammit all... this just f'n sucks. We finally had a badass Batman in Bale (check him out in Reign of Fire if you haven't seen it as well).

Way to go Warner and DC to screw up any chance you had at matching the success of Disney/Marvel's Avengers.
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-2013, 12:46 AM   #2
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road
Re: The new Superman and Batman movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekyl_hyde View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...ntcmp=features

I know this is from FoxNews, but dammit all... this just f'n sucks. We finally had a badass Batman in Bale (check him out in Reign of Fire if you haven't seen it as well).

Way to go Warner and DC to screw up any chance you had at matching the success of Disney/Marvel's Avengers.

Damn I thought I would be the first....I am still in WTF mode honestly...this response was similar when the Frey's killed off Cat and Rob on Game of Thrones....After reading/watching it...i just sat there sobbing watching a blank screen lol. It is not to insult Ben who has become one of WB's biggest stars of late. He has grown and matured into one hell of a Director/Actor. Does he have what it takes to play a 40 something batman??? HELL NAW!

Bale pretty much nailed and slightly reinvented batman. We have come to love the story that Nolan put together using the DC universe. Personally I can't see Ben in batman gear fighting Henry at all...Sure WB's you owe Ben for bringing you best picture and butt loads of money...but have you forgotten Daredevil???? The voice, the presence, the hand to hand combat, the look...can Ben capture the quality that is Batman on screen? Personally I wish they would of went another direction with this.....but I will try to give them some support until I see a teaser or trailer for the movie.
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:18 AM   #3
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by apacolypz View Post
Damn I thought I would be the first....I am still in WTF mode honestly...this response was similar when the Frey's killed off Cat and Rob on Game of Thrones....After reading/watching it...i just sat there sobbing watching a blank screen lol. It is not to insult Ben who has become one of WB's biggest stars of late. He has grown and matured into one hell of a Director/Actor. Does he have what it takes to play a 40 something batman??? HELL NAW!

Bale pretty much nailed and slightly reinvented batman. We have come to love the story that Nolan put together using the DC universe. Personally I can't see Ben in batman gear fighting Henry at all...Sure WB's you owe Ben for bringing you best picture and butt loads of money...but have you forgotten Daredevil???? The voice, the presence, the hand to hand combat, the look...can Ben capture the quality that is Batman on screen? Personally I wish they would of went another direction with this.....but I will try to give them some support until I see a teaser or trailer for the movie.
Of course, I don't know which is worse... Ben Affleck or Ryan Gossling? There is no way this is going to work, period. Hell, a Christophe Reeve stricken to his wheelchair is a more believable Batman than those two. I mean, I thought they could never out-shat Val Kilmer, but I think this just might do it.
The Following User Says Thank You to jekyl_hyde For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (08-23-2013)
Old 08-23-2013, 01:58 AM   #4
apacolypz
ANBU

Personally Ryan would of been worse lol.....scrawny ass dude with those puppy dog eyes....not even gonna work.... Ben can actually work if he gets in proper shape and darken his acting skills a bit. Ben has actually been on a role lately...The Town and Argo being successful movies. The whole Daredevil just puts a bad taste in my mouth. He made the blind avenger totally cheesy and comedic. I think that Henry and Ben will need to work really hard to pull off the legends in this future film. Now that MOS had it's reboot and we have seen the new Superman...wondering just what WB's has in mind for their batman. Will this coincide with the Batman trilogy or will this be a fresh take on the Dark Knight?
Old 09-18-2013, 12:46 AM   #5
apacolypz
ANBU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmLXTFWgX2s

Red Hood vs Nightwing......the pilot....I really hope this gets all the funding it needs...it can seriously become a great web series like Mortal Kombat and Halo.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #6
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Apparently Hollywood wants to kill DC and Warner Bros. The pages is no longer loading, but last night, I saw where Yahoo! and CNN were saying that fans and producers were wanting Justin Beiber to play the role of Robin or Nightwing in the upcoming films with Aflac as Batman.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #7
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

That was fake. Beiber was on a parody show spoofing Batman vs superman.
kael03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #8
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
That was fake. Beiber was on a parody show spoofing Batman vs superman.
You sure? The article I read was under CNN's entertainment section with no video.

Edit: I think you may be right now. The article is now including the tidbit about a tweet including the verbage: funny.... or die.

Last edited by jekyl_hyde; 09-18-2013 at 01:20 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jekyl_hyde For This Useful Post:
Mal (09-18-2013)
Old 09-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #9
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekyl_hyde View Post
Of course, I don't know which is worse... Ben Affleck or Ryan Gossling? There is no way this is going to work, period. Hell, a Christophe Reeve stricken to his wheelchair is a more believable Batman than those two. I mean, I thought they could never out-shat Val Kilmer, but I think this just might do it.
LMAO, they chose the ONLY two actors to Ruin the comic book characters they portrayed and now are giving them a chance to ruin another... Fucking FOX...

No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all you POWER/STRENGTH is no more USEFUL then a squirt gun....
And if You cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to Defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at WILL...

MINATO "KYF" NAMIKAZE.

People live relying on they're Knowledge and Perception, and thus are bound to them.....
Those Boundaries are what they tend to accept as "Reality".....
However..... Knowledge and Perception are both ambiguous....
so "Reality" could be nothing more....
then an illusion....

ITACHI UCHIHA
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:41 PM   #10
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

I'm going to assume the "two" you're talking about are Afleck and Reeve, since Gosling has never played a comic book character *cough*Reynolds*cough*. Right? No way you could make that mistake.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:49 AM   #11
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Only two actors to ruin a comic book character?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ...

Ryan Reynolds, Anna Paquin, those two douche boys who fought over her, Halle Berry, George Clooney, Uma Therman, Arnold Swarzenegger, everyone who's played Robin after Dick Grayson, everyone in the Fantastic Four, Topher Grace/James Franco/Tobey Macquire in Spiderman-3, Jennifer Garner (worse than Affleck)... surely I'm missing someone... hell, for as well as he's done, Hugh Jackman's turn as Wolverine has had some cringe-worthy moments, particularly in the all around bad Last Stand and Origins (my personal beef is they completely out hero-complexed, at the expense of Cyclops, him rather than maintaining his loner, surly side).

Superhero movies are full of competent actors who do terrible jobs, either on their own part or those of the movie makers. I don't even think we can completely blame Affleck for Daredevil - it was ill-conceived in its entirety.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Mal (09-19-2013)
Old 09-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #12
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Only two actors to ruin a comic book character?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ...

Ryan Reynolds, Anna Paquin, those two douche boys who fought over her, Halle Berry, George Clooney, Uma Therman, Arnold Swarzenegger, everyone who's played Robin after Dick Grayson, everyone in the Fantastic Four, Topher Grace/James Franco/Tobey Macquire in Spiderman-3, Jennifer Garner (worse than Affleck)... surely I'm missing someone... hell, for as well as he's done, Hugh Jackman's turn as Wolverine has had some cringe-worthy moments, particularly in the all around bad Last Stand and Origins (my personal beef is they completely out hero-complexed, at the expense of Cyclops, him rather than maintaining his loner, surly side).

Superhero movies are full of competent actors who do terrible jobs, either on their own part or those of the movie makers. I don't even think we can completely blame Affleck for Daredevil - it was ill-conceived in its entirety.
Quite right about Daredevil. But my beef with Aflac in general for any super-hero movie... he just doesn't have the voice for it. Let's be brutally honest, animation allows for more heroic feats and outlandish events. But the one "human" aspect is the voice actor. Hamill does a perfect job as Joker, but to see the man as Joker, we would all probably laugh. Jeff Blum, and the numerous characters he has voiced...

I'm not a fan of Alfac, but that's my opinion. But I'm sure many will agree, his voice isn't "heroic" like a Blum or Conway.