Religion - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Old 12-01-2005, 08:58 PM   #1
Teny
Hunter-Nin

Teny is an unknown quantity at this point
Religion

Hey peoples, some of you might know me, it's Teny, the guy who does the most random and retarded posts around.
Just kidding.
But yes ok so this thread of on Religion and it contains my hypothesis.
See, I had this thought.
God is said to have created the universe and everything in it, but we don't know this right?> It's all built of Christian Faith.
Whilst there is this Religion called Christianity, there are also different religions in the world that all revolve around other Gods.
You know, gods like Shiva, whoever the Shintos worship..
Other Gods, right?
Each Religion is made to worship different Gods, and also, why are these Religions existing today?
Well in the bible, the Old Testament, we hear of "False Gods"
Meaning, Gods that people would falsely worship, but how would these people have known the existence these gods?
It's nt like they would get up noe morning and kneel down and go"Dear God who has fire comin out of his bosom, give me great riches....ooooooooouuuuu"

You get me?
So yeah, I mean also, I had this one thought.
In each Religion, the creator is said to be the God(s) of that Religion.
But my thought is this:
What if God wasn't the only one who created the universe?

My theory is that there were many gods, and God was one of them who had a part of the creation of the universe.
We're taught he creted earth, but what about the other planets and places of the universe? We have no clue.

So what do you guys think?
Oh! And also, remember"n the seventh day, he rested"
Why would he rest?
ok this might contradict me somewhat so I'll stop,
Your thoughts, please..

These are Jamie-chans moves, not for yoouu
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-02-2005, 03:39 PM   #2
Makoto_Duke_War_IV
ANBU

Makoto_Duke_War_IV is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I believe that there is no god(s) out there.

Midori Cache Aoi Cache Chairo Cache

Makoto_Duke_War_IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 06:52 PM   #3
MrPwnzerz
ANBU

MrPwnzerz will become famous soon enoughMrPwnzerz will become famous soon enoughMrPwnzerz will become famous soon enough
Please don't post if you have nothing important to shed on the topic.

I don't know Teny. I used to feel that way, but I have recently acknowledged myself as Agnostic. Which means: I don't believe it can be proved, nor disproved that there is a God. i.e. I need solid evidence that there is a God. (See it with my own eyes.) It's a good theory though.
MrPwnzerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 07:39 PM   #4
Teny
Hunter-Nin

Lol, thank ya's..
But uh, Agnostic huh. THat's new, I've heard of athiest but not that, man.. The world has so many religions.. I wonder if there's a career to learning about each of the different religions and cultures of the world?
And don't say Geologist.
o.o

Old 12-03-2005, 02:54 AM   #5
Makoto_Duke_War_IV
ANBU

*annoyed sigh* There is no higher power out there.When will us humans learn that we have to face death and hard ship.I have.Now it's your turn.

Old 12-03-2005, 09:52 AM   #6
MrPwnzerz
ANBU

MrPwnzerz will become famous soon enoughMrPwnzerz will become famous soon enoughMrPwnzerz will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoto_Duke_War_IV
*annoyed sigh* There is no higher power out there.When will us humans learn that we have to face death and hard ship.I have.Now it's your turn.
God, what the hell did I say about not posting when you have nothing important to say about the topic? All you EVER do is try and start trouble. I wish a mod would ban you.
MrPwnzerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 10:03 AM   #7
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teny
God is said to have created the universe and everything in it, but we don't know this right?> It's all built of Christian Faith.
Key word is faith, no one's going to ever be able to prove this so that everyone believes it. Even if Science is supposed to be open minded, it is only open minded to other "science", not "old myths and fairy tales".

Quote:
Whilst there is this Religion called Christianity, there are also different religions in the world that all revolve around other Gods.
Other Gods, right?
Each Religion is made to worship different Gods, and also, why are these Religions existing today?
Meaning, Gods that people would falsely worship, but how would these people have known the existence these gods?
They didn't "know". They made them up with no evidence or personal experience at all. "Knowing" something means it's true without question. "Believing" something is different.

Quote:
But my thought is this:
This assumes that a) God does exist, and b) He's not the only God. If you don't believe in 'a' then there's no point going on to 'b'. Now, it depends how you look at it. I believe that God exists in a Trinity; the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. If you want to call that "more than one God" then be my guest.

Quote:
My theory is that there were many gods, and God was one of them who had a part of the creation of the universe.
We're taught he creted earth, but what about the other planets and places of the universe? We have no clue.
"In the beggining God created the Heavens and the Earth." Genesis 1:1, every one who's ever gone to Sunday school knows that verse. "Heavens" doesn't reffer to just the Heaven in which God "lives", in ancient times the sky and what we now call space were often reffered to as the Heavens.

Quote:
Why would he rest?
He didn't need to, but we do. God rested to set an example of what we should do, take a day of rest every week.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 10:42 AM   #8
Teny
Hunter-Nin

Wow.
Lol.
That's amazing.
Although I'm half asleep right now I can't really continue this with you that well.
But I mean yesd, God does exist in a Trinity, but I mean how do we know that that's not just for our Religion?
Done to make it seem like he's some amazing being?
I mean if he is the Creator, the one who did 'everything'
Like why is there no life on other planets that we know of so far?>

Old 12-03-2005, 03:50 PM   #9
Makoto_Duke_War_IV
ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPwnzerz
God, what the hell did I say about not posting when you have nothing important to say about the topic? All you EVER do is try and start trouble. I wish a mod would ban you.
Oh do shut up. No one cares what you think and you're the one that always start fights with me. This is what you call harassment.

Old 12-03-2005, 07:20 PM   #10
Teny
Hunter-Nin

Umm.. Could you please not do that in my thread? This is really driving away people..
So.. If you wouldn't mind.. Go away if you don't have anything productive or on-topic to say.

Old 12-03-2005, 08:15 PM   #11
Ero
//Sin\\

Ero has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoto_Duke_War_IV
makoto, everyone (or most ppl here) respects ur personal opinion, but don't try to encroach and force your beliefs on to the opinions and beliefs of others.

I prsnally am not arrogant enough to think that i can solve the mystery of God, i take the buddhist approach, lead a good life and eventually truth will reveal itself to you. but yeh Teny thats a interesting theory, kinda on crack, but still interesting.
Ero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 10:17 PM   #12
Teny
Hunter-Nin

^^'''
Well.. That's kinda a good compliment.
But yeah.. It's so mysterious..
I mean.. Alo I was thinking.. How do we know that Jesus was real?
Like I mean there's that Benny Hinn person today, he waves his right arm and can make people fall over by sending a wave of electricity go through their bodies and cure diseases supposedly.
How do we know.. It's all faith..
Do you think he's for real?
I heard that he tried to cure someone with HIV, and then three months later she was diagnosed with the same thing.

Old 12-03-2005, 11:23 PM   #13
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
But I mean yesd, God does exist in a Trinity, but I mean how do we know that that's not just for our Religion?
Done to make it seem like he's some amazing being?
First off, I hate the word "Religion". All religion does is restrict you and give you a bunch of rituals to follow. That's not what God wants, He wants a personal relationship with every human He has created.

Quote:
I mean if he is the Creator, the one who did 'everything'
Like why is there no life on other planets that we know of so far?>
Why would God need to create life on other planets? He could easily have, but what would be the point?

Quote:
^^'''
Well.. That's kinda a good compliment.
But yeah.. It's so mysterious..
I mean.. Alo I was thinking.. How do we know that Jesus was real?
NO historian who knows what s/he's talking about would deny that Jesus was a real person. Most just deny that He was the Son of God (and God Himself) and rose from the grave. If you wish, I could go into more detail about the evidence supporting both of these, but I won't right now.

Quote:
Like I mean there's that Benny Hinn person today, he waves his right arm and can make people fall over by sending a wave of electricity go through their bodies and cure diseases supposedly.
How do we know.. It's all faith..
Do you think he's for real?
I heard that he tried to cure someone with HIV, and then three months later she was diagnosed with the same thing.
Oh he could easily be for real alright, except the thing is "But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur." -Revelation 19:20
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 08:27 AM   #14
Aruko
ANBU

Aruko will become famous soon enoughAruko will become famous soon enoughAruko will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Hey peoples, some of you might know me, it's Teny, the guy who does the most random and retarded posts around.
Just kidding.
But yes ok so this thread of on Religion and it contains my hypothesis.
See, I had this thought.
Other Gods, right?
It's nt like they would get up noe morning and kneel down and go"Dear God who has fire comin out of his bosom, give me great riches....ooooooooouuuuu"

You get me?
So yeah, I mean also, I had this one thought.
But my thought is this:

So what do you guys think?
Why would he rest?
ok this might contradict me somewhat so I'll stop,
Your thoughts, please..
The only problem is is that if you believe in the Bible, Christianity in other words, then you would know in the first chapter of Genisis it says that God created the heavens and the earth. So you are already stopped short of your he only created earth. But it also says he provided a light for the day and a light for the night. The Sun and the Moon. So your theory, if you believe in what I believe, is already corrupted.

Aruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 08:28 AM   #15
Makoto_Duke_War_IV
ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero_Ni_Sama

I prsnally am not arrogant enough to think that i can solve the mystery of God, i take the buddhist approach, lead a good life and eventually truth will reveal itself to you. but yeh Teny thats a interesting theory, kinda on crack, but still interesting.
So what you are saying is that I'm some kind of asshole for stating that the belief in a higher power is just to cover the fact that we all must die.Being a good person in this life your past life, chaging your way of life, and killing all who do not believe in your god.Does not mean that some one or something will take you to ture nirvana, haven, smite you down to hell, or whatever.FYI the belief in a higher power is help you along facing death and hard ship in a arrogant way.