Lock those old threads already! - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Main Lounge > Questions & Suggestions

Questions & Suggestions Post your questions or suggestions for this forum right here! We'll make sure to respond! Forum related questions only!

Old 01-09-2005, 09:51 AM   #1
Anto
Missing-Nin

Anto is an unknown quantity at this point
Lock those old threads already!

I have a suggestion, please lock all threads older then a month unless there is some sort of significance or importance to it or if people can benefit from it... it is so annoying seeing all these old threads coming back, if I were a mod in NL, half the people would be banned because the majority are dumb, seriously... don't take any offence because it is the truth...
Anto is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2005, 09:56 AM   #2
ph3
Always a "good girl"

ph3 is an unknown quantity at this point
bringing back old threads doesnt necessariily make a good enough reason to ban someone =/
if they spammed it up - or brought back like all teh old threads possible - then maybe.
i think were considering pruning or starting a trash can section? *looks at vermilion n shino*

[02:34:20 AM] ph3 says: grr. go die
[02:34:27 AM] * ero_ni_sama is now offline.
[02:39:58 AM] * ero_ni_sama is now online.
[02:40:18 AM] ero_ni_sama says: i am NVR pssing you off EVER again
[02:40:29 AM] ero_ni_sama says: the second you said die, my computer crashed

ph3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 10:01 AM   #3
ondu
Genin

ondu is an unknown quantity at this point
yup i kind of agree with anto and ph3 suggestion on starting a trash can section
Old 01-09-2005, 10:05 AM   #4
XiRo
Chuunin

XiRo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
if I were a mod in NL, half the people would be banned because the majority are dumb, seriously
Yes, and thats why I won't vote for you as a mod
Yep, I have to agree, the newbies are trying to resurrect the old thread.

~ XiRo
Old 01-09-2005, 10:05 AM   #5
Anto
Missing-Nin

strange contradiction XiRo... i don't care if I'm a mod or not I just want people to know what they're doing is wrong, and ph3 that seems more preferable...
Old 01-09-2005, 10:21 AM   #6
h4kk3
Genin

h4kk3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Old threads are just useless. Infact, you can get confused and send a post to an old thread. I think they should get locked.
h4kk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 10:34 AM   #7
H_I
Jounin

H_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure Evil
Well i agree with Locking some of them up, but i do see why some of them are brought back to life.Where as we have been here since the begining we have posted and read just about every thread. But Newbees have not. Some of those threads were Interesting and some of them are just plain old stupid.Just as we once found them Interesting, They found them good too. But we are working on the situation, PH3 explained it already in the post above.Those old Dumb ones they will be locked or deleted. So dont worry.Ph3 Is working something out, with some of the other Mods.So nobody mess with her OR ELSE.......lol. But we hear you guys and girls and will take care of the problem.
H_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 12:50 PM   #8
Anto
Missing-Nin

I don't know what we would do without you in this forum ph3 =P
Old 01-09-2005, 04:27 PM   #9
Vermilion
Chuunin

Vermilion is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph3
i think were considering pruning or starting a trash can section? *looks at vermilion n shino*
But I'm lazy..

¨´
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 05:16 PM   #10
[Daisuke]
Eeeek!

[Daisuke] is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't worry. If people want to bring back old threads, it's better than making a duplicate thread. this forum is young yet, theres no need to start being nazi mods, and going for totalitarianism. We caan let the threads that die out, die out. That's the way it works. Once we've been around long enough, then they will start being deleted.

Futhermore, IF someone is being ridiculous with reagards to things like this, then we will take action. But as Hokage said, just because you've seen the thread, doesn't mean everyone has, ergo, let them post if they wish. And a final point... that attitude of yours probably needs a look at, saying how everyone who's not read a thread is dumb.. is a bit harsh. And it's probably also the reason you're not a mod.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:58 PM   #11
spiral_vortex
random_boy

spiral_vortex is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Daisuke]
Don't worry. If people want to bring back old threads, it's better than making a duplicate thread. this forum is young yet, theres no need to start being nazi mods, and going for totalitarianism. We caan let the threads that die out, die out. That's the way it works. Once we've been around long enough, then they will start being deleted.

Futhermore, IF someone is being ridiculous with reagards to things like this, then we will take action. But as Hokage said, just because you've seen the thread, doesn't mean everyone has, ergo, let them post if they wish. And a final point... that attitude of yours probably needs a look at, saying how everyone who's not read a thread is dumb.. is a bit harsh. And it's probably also the reason you're not a mod.
i was thinking the same thing about the first part........ive also seen many duplicated threads from the old ones some people just dont bother looking and make a new thread eventhough theres already an old one........soo its gonna get kinda confusing if u start deleting up threads.......if u do it can create more spam
spiral_vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 03:28 AM   #12
Anto
Missing-Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Daisuke]
And a final point... that attitude of yours probably needs a look at, saying how everyone who's not read a thread is dumb.. is a bit harsh. And it's probably also the reason you're not a mod.
I never said that... I never said they couldn't read them, I don't mind... what I don't like is bringing back old threads and saying really useless things like 'ya cool I agree with x' or just plain simple one-or-two letter words, you've seen them too, and don't you get annoyed? ... do you know or remember PG forums? It closed because the admin got fed up at how many people got old threads back which were made a long time ago... I hope it doesn't happen to NL too...

Last edited by Anto; 01-10-2005 at 04:45 AM.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:48 AM   #13
[Daisuke]
Eeeek!

[Daisuke] is an unknown quantity at this point
Look at the time scale you're talking about, this place hasn't been alive for more than three months, to my knowledge, maybe four at most, but it's not like we've planned to do nothing. To keep the forum tidy and to stop that from happening there is a prune option, which removes threads over a certain age if they are not stickified.

and.. I believe you did say it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anto
if I were a mod in NL, half the people would be banned because the majority are dumb, seriously... don't take any offence because it is the truth...
Old 01-10-2005, 04:48 AM   #14
Anto
Missing-Nin

Fine fine... there is no point arguing now... I didn't mean anything bad, probably I just got pissed at some people, I don't have a bad attitide, I'm really kind and helpful sometimes... but sometimes I don't know how I could just get really angry from some people.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:51 AM   #15
Shak
Chuunin

Shak is an unknown quantity at this point
If someone brings back an old thread just warn them, if they keep on doing it then you can set a ban...however locking all the old threads sound rather stupid and im also not in the favor of deleting them after a while because the Search feature is used by many people to answer questions which are in old threads.

Join the Gaara Fanclub
Join the NL IRC Chatroom Now!
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote