Chinese New Year - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Talk about anything here that does not fit the other categories.

Old 01-21-2005, 07:09 AM   #31
goch1988
Genin

goch1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by goch1988
LOL..chinese new year is great! with those dragons, fireworks and most importantly..the food ..XD ..i mean the gathering for dinner on the 1st night of Chinese New Year! I'm glad to be in Malaysia...we got soooo many festivals since we got soooo any different races. We got Chinese new year, Thanksgiving, Hari Raya Aidilfitri, Hari Raya Haji, Thaipusam, Deepavali, Chap Goh Mei, Mooncake Festival, Tanglung Festival, Awal Muharam, Christmas, Hari Gawai and New year celebration of course and ALOT MORE! WEEEEEEE! XD
Oh..forgot to add in ...RED PACKETS! ANG PAU....(red packets with money) given by those who are married of course! hehehe...luckily i'm not married yet..HAHA..i'm just 16!!!!
goch1988 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2005, 10:36 PM   #32
nelsonkong
S-Ranked Shinobi

nelsonkong is an unknown quantity at this point
To goch1988: You are from Malaysia as well....me too...Happy CNY to you.
p/s: You can't double post in this forum...next time use your edit button, don't get banned. Gong Xi Fatt Choy!!

Ma Sis : Sakatsu, Bubblezio
nelsonkong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 03:56 PM   #33
Heart and Seoul
Academy Student

Heart and Seoul is an unknown quantity at this point
I was invited to a Chinese new years party at work, but I have Corean New Years obligations on the same days.

Do the Chinese dress in traditional costumes for NY? For KNY, we dress in Hanbok, bow to the elders, and get a crapload of cash. No Hanbok for me this year, as my old one went to some little girl at my church and I have yet to order a new one. They're almost insanely expensive. Like $300. And I make a little above minimum wage.

Chinese New Years sounds mad fun. Happy New Years to the Chinese and Coreans a like, as they're on the same days. How long is the Chinese new years, anyway?

Saehae pok mani paduseyo! (I have yet to install Korean IME on this PC)
Heart and Seoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 09:23 PM   #34
nelsonkong
S-Ranked Shinobi

nelsonkong is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart and Seoul
I was invited to a Chinese new years party at work, but I have Corean New Years obligations on the same days.

Do the Chinese dress in traditional costumes for NY? For KNY, we dress in Hanbok, bow to the elders, and get a crapload of cash. No Hanbok for me this year, as my old one went to some little girl at my church and I have yet to order a new one. They're almost insanely expensive. Like $300. And I make a little above minimum wage.

Chinese New Years sounds mad fun. Happy New Years to the Chinese and Coreans a like, as they're on the same days. How long is the Chinese new years, anyway?

Saehae pok mani paduseyo! (I have yet to install Korean IME on this PC)
Well traditionally we do wear the chinese costume for the CNY, but now less and less people wear it. You only find people wear it during wedding. But somebody still put on the CheongSam for CNY. Chinese New Year is 15 days long. korean NY fall on the same day as well? If that is true, Happy New year to the Korean as well..let celebrate.

One more week to go...happy
http://www.pconline.com.cn/pcedu/car...ash/20jnxd.swf

Ma Sis : Sakatsu, Bubblezio

Last edited by nelsonkong; 01-31-2005 at 03:07 AM.
nelsonkong is offline   Reply With Quote