Is Ichigo related to the Shibas? - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Bleach Series > Bleach Manga

Bleach Manga Talk about the manga series of Bleach here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2005, 01:37 PM   #1
sabakunoGaara
Hunter-Nin
 
sabakunoGaara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Sand Village
Age: 26
Posts: 1,175
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sabakunoGaara is an unknown quantity at this point
Is Ichigo related to the Shibas?

Till now what have we seen:

1) Ichigo looks identical to Shiba Kaien (with the exception of hair colour and eyes too i think)

2) His power and will is the same as Kaiens (Byakuya mentioned it when he Ichigo was able to slash him in their last fight, he said that like Kaien, ichigo was fighting the soul society law not him. Also that ichigo broke his sword by his strong will or something like that, just like kaien)

3) I think by now everyone should agree that Urahara knows the Kuukaku seeing that yorouichi and kuukaku and himself have some kind of bond. Urahara was the one who knew about Isshin being a shinigami and seems to know him well, and he knows kuukaku well, so maybe this means that he knows them becoz somehow they are related.

4) the fact that Isshin is a shinigami means that they belong to a spiritual family like kaien and kuukaku and ganju.

So really ive always thought that somehow they are related. not to forget the feeling rukia has for ichigo which really seems similar to that she felt for kaien.
Any thought on this topic? Are the Kurosaki's related to the Shiba family?
__________________

sabakunoGaara is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 12-26-2005, 01:45 PM   #2
#1 Bad Guy
Oakgyrl's Psychotic Husband
 
#1 Bad Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: ATL
Age: 31
Posts: 1,333
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
#1 Bad Guy is on a distinguished road#1 Bad Guy is on a distinguished road
I've heard that Shinigami get reincarnated on earth when they die in soul society, so I always thought that Ichigo was the incarnation of Shiba. There is cleary some kind of connection between the two besides their outward apperances though.
__________________




#1 Bad Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 02:00 PM   #3
drunk_sea_monkey
S-Ranked Shinobi
 
drunk_sea_monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,190
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
drunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant future
I think there is no relation between them what so ever! lol but wow good job for typing that all up
__________________
<3
drunk_sea_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 02:10 PM   #4
Shadow
Genin
 
Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: In the shadows of mankind
Posts: 214
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Shadow is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree damn good job for typing that i believe if you look at bleach a bit more closely you could unravel some secrects that no one know about but i disagree with the shiba theory
__________________
Do we live to watch Anime or watch Anime to live?

Clubs
Jounin "Blood Moon" at Hokage Power!



Memeber/Assistant Organiser of Sealed Chain FC!



Member of Death Note FC

Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 02:02 AM   #5
KyoichiKanami
R.I.P Richard Pryor 12/1/1940 - 12/10/2005
 
KyoichiKanami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Nunya
Age: 23
Posts: 936
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
KyoichiKanami is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabakunoGaara
Till now what have we seen:

1) Ichigo looks identical to Shiba Kaien (with the exception of hair colour and eyes too i think)

2) His power and will is the same as Kaiens (Byakuya mentioned it when he Ichigo was able to slash him in their last fight, he said that like Kaien, ichigo was fighting the soul society law not him. Also that ichigo broke his sword by his strong will or something like that, just like kaien)

3) I think by now everyone should agree that Urahara knows the Kuukaku seeing that yorouichi and kuukaku and himself have some kind of bond. Urahara was the one who knew about Isshin being a shinigami and seems to know him well, and he knows kuukaku well, so maybe this means that he knows them becoz somehow they are related.

4) the fact that Isshin is a shinigami means that they belong to a spiritual family like kaien and kuukaku and ganju.

So really ive always thought that somehow they are related. not to forget the feeling rukia has for ichigo which really seems similar to that she felt for kaien.
Any thought on this topic? Are the Kurosaki's related to the Shiba family?
Okay, here we go again.

1 - We haven't been given an explanation for that just yet, so this question is open to speculation.

2 - I don't recall this part, but I remember Byakuya only said he'd used that other version of Senbonzakura on another person. I don't think he named who that was, and I don't think he said that Kaien had fought the law like Ichigo. He just observed that Ichigo had fought the law, not him. This is open to speculation as well, but I don't recall it being called out as Kaien directly.

3 - Perhaps, if only because the Shiba have a bit of a reputation. But as we know, Uruhara used to be a captain, and we saw that Isshin has the symbol of Vice-Captains. That doen't mean that the Kurosaki and the Shiba are connected. For all we know, Isshin and Uruhara could have been captain and vice-captain. Once again, open for speculation

4 - Not nessecarrily. Any being with high spiritual pressure can become a shinigami. For instance, Hitsugaya wasn't in any noble family. But his high spiritual pressure allowed him to become a shinigami. Add to that, that he technically had to go to the academy. However, keep in mind we only know three of the spiritual Noble Families: Shihouin, Kuchiki, and Shiba. The Kurosaki could be an old Noble Family itself.

And that's how I think it is. However, I do make mistakes fairly often, so, we'll have to see how this turns out.
__________________

The Dai-Gurren Dan! Kicking reason to the curb and piercing through heaven!

Last edited by KyoichiKanami; 12-27-2005 at 11:34 AM.
KyoichiKanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 08:48 AM   #6
kidistight
S-Ranked Shinobi
 
kidistight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northern VA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,691
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
kidistight is on a distinguished roadkidistight is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
I agree damn good job for typing that i believe if you look at bleach a bit more closely you could unravel some secrects that no one know about but i disagree with the shiba theory
Do I hear someone asking for my help, huh Bad Guy. You probably don't know what I am talking about but I love posing theories on the Naruto side that are based entirely on fact. SabakunoGaara I will not disagree with you because I am not familiar enough with the anime yet or the manga to disagree with your theory, unfortunately.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeViLB0Y
You must be the "Kid" MPwnez mentioned from last week. Good facts and analysis.



I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them.

MasterShake



Aqua Team Hunger Force
kidistight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 09:23 AM   #7
sabakunoGaara
Hunter-Nin
 
sabakunoGaara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Sand Village
Age: 26
Posts: 1,175
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sabakunoGaara is an unknown quantity at this point
1 - We haven't been given an explanation for that just yet, so this question is open to speculation
We havent been given an explanation to why they have the same looks and everything, but really whats the first reason that some to your mind lol?

2 - I don't recall this part, but I remember Byakuya only said he'd used that other version of Senbonzakura on another person. I don't think he named who that was, and I don't think he said that Kaien had fought the law like Ichigo. He just observed that Ichigo had fought the law, not him. This is open to speculation as well, but I don't recall it being called out as Kaien directly.
lol this is going to be long. Ok this is from the manga chapter 167.
Ichigo: "I would definately fight that code"
Byakuya: [thinking] I see now. sees Kaien. The child's enemy from the beginning was not me. From the beginning he has been fighting the code of soul society. so similar to the man whose spirit was so free it was bothersome.
[saying out loud] Byakuya: "Kurosaki Ichigo...my sword has been broken bu your spirit of freedom"
sees Kaien again.

lol maybe everyone sees it their own way, but really, was just very obvious to me as him remebering Kaien and the similarities between them. I guess Kaien actually also fought the law of soul society or was against some of them. That could also be the reason why Byakuya hates Kaien so much, or thats what it shows in the anime when that episode where Byakuya fights Ganju and he realises he is from the Shiba family and says: "You are from the Shiba family, then I should have killed you" I think Byakuya thinks that Ichigo is a lot like Kaien. You have to admit its a bit obvious...lol

3 - Perhaps. But as we know, Uruhara used to be a captain, and we saw that Isshin has the symbol of Vice-Captains. That doen't mean that the Kurosaki and the Shiba are connected. For all we know, Isshin and Uruhara could have been captain and vice-captain. Once again, open for speculation
This is the weakest part in my theory. But if it was actually true (big IF) then this might actually be an important point. Im just trying to point out every possible thing which could indicate a relation

4 - Not nessecarrily. Any being with high spiritual pressure can become a shinigami. For instance, Hitsugaya wasn't in any noble family. But his high spiritual pressure allowed him to become a shinigami. Add to that, that he technically had to go to the academy. However, keep in mind we only know three of the spiritual Noble Families: Shihouin, Kuchiki, and Shiba. The Kurosaki could be an old Noble Family itself.
lol and thats my point.They don't have to be a noble family, but the fact that they do have spiritual powers in the family and that father was a shinigami, they might have actually be linked somehow to any other family in soul society. plus i doubt that kurosaki was a noble family, becoz if ichigo's name was known in soul society as Kurosaki Ichigo, and everyone was amazed at his power, I think SOMEONE would have recognised the name. My guess is that the name was changed when they moved to...earth. My point is, their family is spiritual and it is possible that they are related to the Shiba's who are another spiritual family. Just a though lol

I cant even read wat I wrote down now. Good luck being able to understand it lol. I tried my best
__________________


Last edited by sabakunoGaara; 12-27-2005 at 09:28 AM.
sabakunoGaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 10:20 AM   #8
kidistight
S-Ranked Shinobi
 
kidistight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northern VA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,691
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
kidistight is on a distinguished roadkidistight is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabakunoGaara
1 - We haven't been given an explanation for that just yet, so this question is open to speculation
We havent been given an explanation to why they have the same looks and everything, but really whats the first reason that some to your mind lol?

2 - I don't recall this part, but I remember Byakuya only said he'd used that other version of Senbonzakura on another person. I don't think he named who that was, and I don't think he said that Kaien had fought the law like Ichigo. He just observed that Ichigo had fought the law, not him. This is open to speculation as well, but I don't recall it being called out as Kaien directly.
lol this is going to be long. Ok this is from the manga chapter 167.
Ichigo: "I would definately fight that code"
Byakuya: [thinking] I see now. sees Kaien. The child's enemy from the beginning was not me. From the beginning he has been fighting the code of soul society. so similar to the man whose spirit was so free it was bothersome.
[saying out loud] Byakuya: "Kurosaki Ichigo...my sword has been broken bu your spirit of freedom"
sees Kaien again.

lol maybe everyone sees it their own way, but really, was just very obvious to me as him remebering Kaien and the similarities between them. I guess Kaien actually also fought the law of soul society or was against some of them. That could also be the reason why Byakuya hates Kaien so much, or thats what it shows in the anime when that episode where Byakuya fights Ganju and he realises he is from the Shiba family and says: "You are from the Shiba family, then I should have killed you" I think Byakuya thinks that Ichigo is a lot like Kaien. You have to admit its a bit obvious...lol

3 - Perhaps. But as we know, Uruhara used to be a captain, and we saw that Isshin has the symbol of Vice-Captains. That doen't mean that the Kurosaki and the Shiba are connected. For all we know, Isshin and Uruhara could have been captain and vice-captain. Once again, open for speculation
This is the weakest part in my theory. But if it was actually true (big IF) then this might actually be an important point. Im just trying to point out every possible thing which could indicate a relation

4 - Not nessecarrily. Any being with high spiritual pressure can become a shinigami. For instance, Hitsugaya wasn't in any noble family. But his high spiritual pressure allowed him to become a shinigami. Add to that, that he technically had to go to the academy. However, keep in mind we only know three of the spiritual Noble Families: Shihouin, Kuchiki, and Shiba. The Kurosaki could be an old Noble Family itself.
lol and thats my point.They don't have to be a noble family, but the fact that they do have spiritual powers in the family and that father was a shinigami, they might have actually be linked somehow to any other family in soul society. plus i doubt that kurosaki was a noble family, becoz if ichigo's name was known in soul society as Kurosaki Ichigo, and everyone was amazed at his power, I think SOMEONE would have recognised the name. My guess is that the name was changed when they moved to...earth. My point is, their family is spiritual and it is possible that they are related to the Shiba's who are another spiritual family. Just a though lol

I cant even read wat I wrote down now. Good luck being able to understand it lol. I tried my best
Regarding the first one what really came to mind is yes they look alike, but since I have gone through and still am active with Naruto looks no longer hold any significance to me until I am told other wise.

Regarding point number 2 it is on page 10 of chapter 167 it doesn't say anything it just shows Ichigo saying he would fight the law and then a flashback of Kaien. Unfortunately in the one flashback we did get of Kaien he didn't seem like the type of person to go against laws, he often led the squad when the captain was sick or did any other duties that the captain was unable to do. As of right now in the anime we have no reason to believe that Kaien was disobedient or that he went against SS. This is also going to cause a problem in regards to translation I just looked online regarding the manga: http://groups.msn.com/-bleach-/bleac...oto&PhotoID=33
and the translation is different.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeViLB0Y
You must be the "Kid" MPwnez mentioned from last week. Good facts and analysis.



I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them.

MasterShake



Aqua Team Hunger Force
kidistight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 11:52 AM   #9
KyoichiKanami
R.I.P Richard Pryor 12/1/1940 - 12/10/2005
 
KyoichiKanami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Nunya
Age: 23
Posts: 936
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
KyoichiKanami is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabakunoGaara
1 - We haven't been given an explanation for that just yet, so this question is open to speculation
We havent been given an explanation to why they have the same looks and everything, but really whats the first reason that some to your mind lol?

2 - I don't recall this part, but I remember Byakuya only said he'd used that other version of Senbonzakura on another person. I don't think he named who that was, and I don't think he said that Kaien had fought the law like Ichigo. He just observed that Ichigo had fought the law, not him. This is open to speculation as well, but I don't recall it being called out as Kaien directly.
lol this is going to be long. Ok this is from the manga chapter 167.
Ichigo: "I would definately fight that code"
Byakuya: [thinking] I see now. sees Kaien. The child's enemy from the beginning was not me. From the beginning he has been fighting the code of soul society. so similar to the man whose spirit was so free it was bothersome.
[saying out loud] Byakuya: "Kurosaki Ichigo...my sword has been broken bu your spirit of freedom"
sees Kaien again.

lol maybe everyone sees it their own way, but really, was just very obvious to me as him remebering Kaien and the similarities between them. I guess Kaien actually also fought the law of soul society or was against some of them. That could also be the reason why Byakuya hates Kaien so much, or thats what it shows in the anime when that episode where Byakuya fights Ganju and he realises he is from the Shiba family and says: "You are from the Shiba family, then I should have killed you" I think Byakuya thinks that Ichigo is a lot like Kaien. You have to admit its a bit obvious...lol

3 - Perhaps. But as we know, Uruhara used to be a captain, and we saw that Isshin has the symbol of Vice-Captains. That doen't mean that the Kurosaki and the Shiba are connected. For all we know, Isshin and Uruhara could have been captain and vice-captain. Once again, open for speculation
This is the weakest part in my theory. But if it was actually true (big IF) then this might actually be an important point. Im just trying to point out every possible thing which could indicate a relation

4 - Not nessecarrily. Any being with high spiritual pressure can become a shinigami. For instance, Hitsugaya wasn't in any noble family. But his high spiritual pressure allowed him to become a shinigami. Add to that, that he technically had to go to the academy. However, keep in mind we only know three of the spiritual Noble Families: Shihouin, Kuchiki, and Shiba. The Kurosaki could be an old Noble Family itself.
lol and thats my point.They don't have to be a noble family, but the fact that they do have spiritual powers in the family and that father was a shinigami, they might have actually be linked somehow to any other family in soul society. plus i doubt that kurosaki was a noble family, becoz if ichigo's name was known in soul society as Kurosaki Ichigo, and everyone was amazed at his power, I think SOMEONE would have recognised the name. My guess is that the name was changed when they moved to...earth. My point is, their family is spiritual and it is possible that they are related to the Shiba's who are another spiritual family. Just a though lol

I cant even read wat I wrote down now. Good luck being able to understand it lol. I tried my best
Okay. Thanks for responding, as I had hoped you weren't the type to post theories and never build on them.

1 - Well yes, but that's never truly a safe way to go unless more than one character notes their similarities. If we based all characters connections on appearance, Ukitake and Byakuya would be father and son, and Grim Jaw and Hitsugaya would be brothers :/

2 - Yes, but keep in mind that it seems the Shiba as a whole were rather rough and unorderly. I'm failry certain marrying someone from your own squad is as bad as marrying someone from Rukongai. I guess it is safe to assume that Byakuya was fairly compassionate before Hisana died, and we can time those events to long before we are introduced to Rukia and Kaien. So, I can assume that as two heads of a noble family, they would naturally clash about the marriages. I assume that Hisana died before Kaien married his wife, whose name escapes me, but it's safe to assume from the facts stated that they would clash.

3 - One thing I didn't consder but seems important is that Uruhara gave Rukia that gigai. This means that he quite possibly could have given Isshin one as well. I mean, no one sensed him, and Uruhara's gigai apparently kill the spirit force of a person. However, because his son was in danger, Isshih's thus forth hidden spirit force probably would have exploded in order to protect Ichigo.

4 - Well, it's possible, but as I said, they very well could be a completely seperate Noble Family, if that at all. It's true that he would have been known, but at the same time, it could have been from so long ago, that they were forgotten. My personal belief is that Isshin was some relative of Kaien himself (possibly father) who fled Soul Society (possibly with Uruhara and Yoruichi) and started a family here. And that somehow makes Kaien and Ichigo cousins or brothers or something. But that's just me. Anyway, it seems you're saying that because they had spiritual powers, they could be connected to any other family in Soul Society. However, I strongly believe that can be attributed to Isshin being a Shinigami. When he and Masaki did the bump, and Karin, Yuzu, and Ichigo were born, they all are, technically, half shinigami. Ichigo, being the oldest, must have coaught most of the spiritual power on his way out, and hid it away subconsciously. Pretty much all of your topics are speculation parts rathern than facts, but the way you've pointed them out really makes me wanna think about all this.
__________________

The Dai-Gurren Dan! Kicking reason to the curb and piercing through heaven!
KyoichiKanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 12:36 PM   #10
sabakunoGaara
Hunter-Nin
 
sabakunoGaara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Sand Village
Age: 26
Posts: 1,175
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sabakunoGaara is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyoichiKanami
Okay. Thanks for responding, as I had hoped you weren't the type to post theories and never build on them.

1 - Well yes, but that's never truly a safe way to go unless more than one character notes their similarities. If we based all characters connections on appearance, Ukitake and Byakuya would be father and son, and Grim Jaw and Hitsugaya would be brothers :/

2 - Yes, but keep in mind that it seems the Shiba as a whole were rather rough and unorderly. I'm failry certain marrying someone from your own squad is as bad as marrying someone from Rukongai. I guess it is safe to assume that Byakuya was fairly compassionate before Hisana died, and we can time those events to long before we are introduced to Rukia and Kaien. So, I can assume that as two heads of a noble family, they would naturally clash about the marriages. I assume that Hisana died before Kaien married his wife, whose name escapes me, but it's safe to assume from the facts stated that they would clash.

3 - One thing I didn't consder but seems important is that Uruhara gave Rukia that gigai. This means that he quite possibly could have given Isshin one as well. I mean, no one sensed him, and Uruhara's gigai apparently kill the spirit force of a person. However, because his son was in danger, Isshih's thus forth hidden spirit force probably would have exploded in order to protect Ichigo.

4 - Well, it's possible, but as I said, they very well could be a completely seperate Noble Family, if that at all. It's true that he would have been known, but at the same time, it could have been from so long ago, that they were forgotten. My personal belief is that Isshin was some relative of Kaien himself (possibly father) who fled Soul Society (possibly with Uruhara and Yoruichi) and started a family here. And that somehow makes Kaien and Ichigo cousins or brothers or something. But that's just me. Anyway, it seems you're saying that because they had spiritual powers, they could be connected to any other family in Soul Society. However, I strongly believe that can be attributed to Isshin being a Shinigami. When he and Masaki did the bump, and Karin, Yuzu, and Ichigo were born, they all are, technically, half shinigami. Ichigo, being the oldest, must have coaught most of the spiritual power on his way out, and hid it away subconsciously. Pretty much all of your topics are speculation parts rathern than facts, but the way you've pointed them out really makes me wanna think about all this.
lol back to long replies...and thanks for replying, I really am bursting to get my theory out to someone because I can't discuss it with my friends who are all purely anime watchers not manga readers lol, so thanks for making it interesing.

1- What I understood from your point is that we need more than one character in the anime to actually point out the fact that Ichigo and Kaien are similar. In this anime there are 2 who directly said it, and one who indicated it. First of all, Byakuya, when he fought Ichigo for the very first time in Ichigo's world. He was surprised that Rukia would "run to this child" and then he looks at him and says : "I understand Rukia, now I see. He DOES have a remarkable resemblence to him..." Ok true they never said who, but its VERY VERY obvious we are talking about Kaien because immediately after it they show Rukia feeling ashamed and sad. This just goes to show that she is remebering the person she used to admire so much which they showed us as Kaien. I don't really think its a deniable thing who they were talking about. So Byakuya clearly pointed it out and Rukia suggested it. The other person is Utikate. The time in the bridge when Hanatarou and Ganju rescued Rukia, Utikate appears and stops byakuya from killing anyone, and then Ichigo comes and Utikate feels the strong spiritual power and looks at him and sees him and is shocked, and Byakuya looks at him and tells him "Its not who you think it is." Since Utikate was Kaien's captain, he was probably the most shocked one. And this chapter is chapter 117 and sadly, its either translated wrong or the anime was translated wrong or they changed it in the anime, because although its not what he said in the manga it is in the anime. (ill check the eps later) So more than one characted did in fact show that there is a similarity.

3- I get what ur saying in this point, but thats just for telling us why byakuya didn't like the shiba family, but it doesn't explain why he keeps remebering Kaien when he talks to Ichigo...

4- Also here, yes its obviously coming from Isshin (the shinigami bloodline or wtv..sorry too much naruto) anyway, im just trying to say that although its Isshin responsible for passing down shinigami abilities to the kids its POSSIBLE now to say that this family was in fact related to another spiritual family. Im not saying they are or have to be but its 10 times more possible now since we found out that the father was a shinigami. also note another small, maybe insignificant, similarity in the 2 families...the eldest one is the only one who was able to become a shinigami while the other 2 in each family DO have spiritual powers but not shinigamis. Im not 100% sure of this but Kuukaku and Ganju are just spiritual with their own abilities, but not actual death gods, like Yuzu and Karin who COULD be like them if they were living in the other world.

But in the end, u do actually agree that they are related which comes out to be the whole point lol. Maybe we have different reasons for thinking it, but we think that Ichigo and Kaien are related somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidistight
Regarding point number 2 it is on page 10 of chapter 167 it doesn't say anything it just shows Ichigo saying he would fight the law and then a flashback of Kaien. Unfortunately in the one flashback we did get of Kaien he didn't seem like the type of person to go against laws, he often led the squad when the captain was sick or did any other duties that the captain was unable to do. As of right now in the anime we have no reason to believe that Kaien was disobedient or that he went against SS. This is also going to cause a problem in regards to translation I just looked online regarding the manga: http://groups.msn.com/-bleach-/bleac...oto&PhotoID=33
and the translation is different.
omg....it IS different! wow that completely changes the idea. which one is right do u think? I got my version from the bleachportal or bleach7 website...For some reason the one I read made more sense to me, but u never know lol
__________________

sabakunoGaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 12:58 PM   #11
kidistight
S-Ranked Shinobi
 
kidistight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northern VA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,691
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
kidistight is on a distinguished roadkidistight is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabakunoGaara
lol back to long replies...and thanks for replying, I really am bursting to get my theory out to someone because I can't discuss it with my friends who are all purely anime watchers not manga readers lol, so thanks for making it interesing.

1- What I understood from your point is that we need more than one character in the anime to actually point out the fact that Ichigo and Kaien are similar. In this anime there are 2 who directly said it, and one who indicated it. First of all, Byakuya, when he fought Ichigo for the very first time in Ichigo's world. He was surprised that Rukia would "run to this child" and then he looks at him and says : "I understand Rukia, now I see. He DOES have a remarkable resemblence to him..." Ok true they never said who, but its VERY VERY obvious we are talking about Kaien because immediately after it they show Rukia feeling ashamed and sad. This just goes to show that she is remebering the person she used to admire so much which they showed us as Kaien. I don't really think its a deniable thing who they were talking about. So Byakuya clearly pointed it out and Rukia suggested it. The other person is Utikate. The time in the bridge when Hanatarou and Ganju rescued Rukia, Utikate appears and stops byakuya from killing anyone, and then Ichigo comes and Utikate feels the strong spiritual power and looks at him and sees him and is shocked, and Byakuya looks at him and tells him "Its not who you think it is." Since Utikate was Kaien's captain, he was probably the most shocked one. And this chapter is chapter 117 and sadly, its either translated wrong or the anime was translated wrong or they changed it in the anime, because although its not what he said in the manga it is in the anime. (ill check the eps later) So more than one characted did in fact show that there is a similarity.

3- I get what ur saying in this point, but thats just for telling us why byakuya didn't like the shiba family, but it doesn't explain why he keeps remebering Kaien when he talks to Ichigo...

4- Also here, yes its obviously coming from Isshin (the shinigami bloodline or wtv..sorry too much naruto) anyway, im just trying to say that although its Isshin responsible for passing down shinigami abilities to the kids its POSSIBLE now to say that this family was in fact related to another spiritual family. Im not saying they are or have to be but its 10 times more possible now since we found out that the father was a shinigami. also note another small, maybe insignificant, similarity in the 2 families...the eldest one is the only one who was able to become a shinigami while the other 2 in each family DO have spiritual powers but not shinigamis. Im not 100% sure of this but Kuukaku and Ganju are just spiritual with their own abilities, but not actual death gods, like Yuzu and Karin who COULD be like them if they were living in the other world.

But in the end, u do actually agree that they are related which comes out to be the whole point lol. Maybe we have different reasons for thinking it, but we think that Ichigo and Kaien are related somehow.

omg....it IS different! wow that completely changes the idea. which one is right do u think? I got my version from the bleachportal or bleach7 website...For some reason the one I read made more sense to me, but u never know lol
The episode is 41 - Reunion, Ichigo and Rukia it happens pretty late in the episode around the 17 minute mark if you are in a hurry.
Captain Ukitake Jyuushiro: Byakuya...who is that?
Captain Kuchiki Byakuya: No relation.
Captain Kuchiki Byakuya: At least, not to the man who just flashed through your mind, my senior.

He could be remembering Kaien because they look so much alike, which isn't really a stretch often times I think of someone else when talking to someone that looks like them. Unfortunately since neither one of us knows japanes we won't know for certain, we would need an unedited version to try and translate.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeViLB0Y
You must be the "Kid" MPwnez mentioned from last week. Good facts and analysis.



I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them.

MasterShake



Aqua Team Hunger Force
kidistight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 04:53 PM   #12
sabakunoGaara
Hunter-Nin
 
sabakunoGaara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Sand Village
Age: 26
Posts: 1,175
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sabakunoGaara is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidistight
The episode is 41 - Reunion, Ichigo and Rukia it happens pretty late in the episode around the 17 minute mark if you are in a hurry.
Captain Ukitake Jyuushiro: Byakuya...who is that?
Captain Kuchiki Byakuya: No relation.
Captain Kuchiki Byakuya: At least, not to the man who just flashed through your mind, my senior.

He could be remembering Kaien because they look so much alike, which isn't really a stretch often times I think of someone else when talking to someone that looks like them. Unfortunately since neither one of us knows japanes we won't know for certain, we would need an unedited version to try and translate.
yes thats the part I was talking about. So it just shows that Utikate did recognise the similarity in their looks. thats all im trying to say lol. thank u for getting the episode
__________________

sabakunoGaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 09:55 AM   #13
kidistight
S-Ranked Shinobi
 
kidistight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northern VA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,691
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
kidistight is on a distinguished roadkidistight is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabakunoGaara
yes thats the part I was talking about. So it just shows that Utikate did recognise the similarity in their looks. thats all im trying to say lol. thank u for getting the episode
No problem it is my specialty, who was even disputing that they didn't look alike because except for the hair color they are spiting images of each other. Well also the attitude we are meant to perceieve for Kaien is also different.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeViLB0Y
You must be the "Kid" MPwnez mentioned from last week. Good facts and analysis.



I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them.

MasterShake



Aqua Team Hunger Force
kidistight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 01:10 AM   #14
sabakunoGaara
Hunter-Nin
 
sabakunoGaara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Sand Village
Age: 26
Posts: 1,175
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sabakunoGaara is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidistight
No problem it is my specialty, who was even disputing that they didn't look alike because except for the hair color they are spiting images of each other. Well also the attitude we are meant to perceieve for Kaien is also different.
lol maybe I understood it wrong but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyoichiKanami
Well yes, but that's never truly a safe way to go unless more than one character notes their similarities. If we based all characters connections on appearance, Ukitake and Byakuya would be father and son, and Grim Jaw and Hitsugaya would be brothers :/
Isnt that what he (or she) is trying to say? That we need more than 2 character to say that they look the same? Anyway both ways, whether its obvious or not, there were indications to their similarities so they DO look like each other
__________________

sabakunoGaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 04:20 PM   #15
Shadow
Genin
 
Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: In the shadows of mankind
Posts: 214
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Shadow is an unknown quantity at this point
being bored with the 2 week wait i watched over some old episodes and i believe their is something to the shiba clan theory. The Animators would not have made byakuya say the word "no relation" to kaien's captain without good reason.....watch over episode 41 even though this is the manga discussion
__________________
Do we live to watch Anime or watch Anime to live?

Clubs
Jounin "Blood Moon" at Hokage Power!



Memeber/Assistant Organiser of Sealed Chain FC!



Member of Death Note FC

Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vaizard Ichigo VietSnake3 Graphics Design 4 12-26-2005 09:14 PM
Ichigo's mask itatchi tai Bleach Series 22 12-21-2005 10:24 PM
Ichigo is super cool nelsonkong Bleach Anime 6 12-04-2005 11:05 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.