Hougkyou question (spoiler) - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Bleach Series > Bleach Anime

Bleach Anime Talk about the anime series of Bleach here! Remember, this is anime online. No manga!

Old 01-11-2006, 10:25 PM   #1
deco
Academy Student

deco is an unknown quantity at this point
Hougkyou question (spoiler)

Ok... I'm confused at what the Hougkyou does. Aizen explains it...but not well. If I understood well, with the Hougkyou Aizen is able to turn himself into a half hollow and half shinigami. Due to the limits on a shinigami he wants to be a hollow. Is that what it does?

If that is what it does how in the hell is Ichigo able to turn into a half shini and half hollow? Seeing that urahara didn't have the Hougkyou... Or did he know another method for him to turn into a half-half?
deco is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2006, 02:05 AM   #2
kakashi1300
Kakashi's Eye

kakashi1300 is on a distinguished roadkakashi1300 is on a distinguished road
read the manga. that will answer your question

Official member of the Tropang Tambayan

Join teh Official Prince of Tennis FC Now

ATP 2009 Season
kakashi1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 06:42 PM   #3
KyoichiKanami
R.I.P Richard Pryor 12/1/1940 - 12/10/2005

KyoichiKanami is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by deco
Ok... I'm confused at what the Hougkyou does. Aizen explains it...but not well. If I understood well, with the Hougkyou Aizen is able to turn himself into a half hollow and half shinigami. Due to the limits on a shinigami he wants to be a hollow. Is that what it does?

If that is what it does how in the hell is Ichigo able to turn into a half shini and half hollow? Seeing that urahara didn't have the Hougkyou... Or did he know another method for him to turn into a half-half?
No, you're all wrong. The Hougkyou is going to be used to push Aizen past his current limits. It was said that there were four facets of shinigami technique: sword skill, kidou skill, step skill, and defensive skill. Aizen apparently has mastered all four, and wants to use the Hougkyou to liken himself to a Hollow and therefore become stronger.

The Dai-Gurren Dan! Kicking reason to the curb and piercing through heaven!
KyoichiKanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 03:14 AM   #4
nelsonkong
S-Ranked Shinobi

nelsonkong is an unknown quantity at this point
To surpass the limit of each technique has. To have to turn from Hollow to shinigami or vice versa inorder to get over the barrier to get stronger. That's what i understand.

Ma Sis : Sakatsu, Bubblezio
nelsonkong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 08:55 AM   #5
noxide
Chuunin

noxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Aizen wants to become like ichigo because hes already reached the limit of power on each of the four shinigami techniques so he can surpass them
Ichigo cant conciously turn into a half hollow. The hollow kinda takes control to save Ichigo so he doesnt die because the hollow wants ichigos power for himself. The reason I believe hes half hollow, I'm just guessing here. The hougkyou was put hidden in rukia. IN the first episode where she trnasfered her powers to ichigo, she must have used the hougkyou on him without knowing therefore tranforming him into half hollow and half shinigami.
noxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 01:09 PM   #6
xaolin2
Chuunin

xaolin2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxide
The hollow kinda takes control to save Ichigo so he doesnt die because the hollow wants ichigos power for himself. The reason I believe hes half hollow, I'm just guessing here. The hougkyou was put hidden in rukia. IN the first episode where she trnasfered her powers to ichigo, she must have used the hougkyou on him without knowing therefore tranforming him into half hollow and half shinigami.
In my opinion, the hollow inside of Ichigo is his power itself.His reiatsu is a natural combination of hollow and shinigami, therefore, the hollow part of his power protected him because he has to, otherwise, Ichigo will die.He also has no control over it yet simply because he does not know the limits or extension of his powers.I think Urahara knew that he is different from the start that is why he trained him to remember his powers after Byakuya took away the transfered power he got from Rukia.The Hougkyou inside of Rukia has nothing to do with Ichigo's hollow or shinigami powers. The only connection I see when Rukia transfered a "part" of her powers is it awakened the hidden powers that Ichigo had from the very start.
xaolin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:42 PM   #7
Smeeeeee
Asian Sensation

Smeeeeee will become famous soon enoughSmeeeeee will become famous soon enough
i thought it was used to get hallow powers to help you like it did with ichigo. but i still dont fully understand it yet

I AM THE ASIAN SENSATION!
Smeeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 08:29 PM   #8
xaolin2
Chuunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeeeeee
i thought it was used to get hallow powers to help you like it did with ichigo. but i still dont fully understand it yet

You are half correct.It is needed to get hollow powers but like Yamamoto said, Aizen can't fully use it for a year.It has to "mature" (according to the translation...heh). Now the part that I think you are incorrect....Ichigo did not get his powers from the hougkyou that Rukia had.He had "his" own powers (half hollow half shinigami) from the start.What the hougkyou did was simply "awaken" his sleeping powers inside him.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:34 AM   #9
Smeeeeee
Asian Sensation

Smeeeeee will become famous soon enoughSmeeeeee will become famous soon enough
oh. did he obtain the hollow powers in the lesson #2 from kisuke? when he came out with a hollow mask? did kisuke give him hollow powers? still kinda confused

I AM THE ASIAN SENSATION!
Smeeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:11 AM   #10
xaolin2
Chuunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeeeeee
oh. did he obtain the hollow powers in the lesson #2 from kisuke? when he came out with a hollow mask? did kisuke give him hollow powers? still kinda confused

Kisuke never gave him any powers, all he did was to help him awaken his real powers after Ichigo lost the powers that he got from Rukia.Remember, the powers that he was fighting with until he first fought Byakuya in the real world was all of Rukia's.So when Byakuya took away his borrowed powers, he did not realize that Ichigo has power of his own, which needed to be re-awakened (I said re- awaken coz, it woke up when Rukia transfered some of her powers and since he got badly injured from the battle with Byakuya, his powers went on to slumber mode again-thus Kisuke gave him training to help him find his true powers inside him.).

In my assessment, Kisuke knew from the very start that Ichigo is special...that he had powers beyond his own imagination , but just did not know about it.How did he know?Please remember that he was once a captain of the Research group in Soul Society and has conducted several research that we probably don't know yet as far as watching the anime.Anyway, so Kisuke knew how Ichigo is special so he helped him find his true powers inside him, and that's how his hollow powers started to come out from him, not because Kisuke gave it to him but rather just helped him.If Ichigo was not able to control that hollow part of his powers, then Kisuke will kill him as he mentioned, but that of course did not happen, and the rest you know what happened....