Should Parents Whip of beat their misbehaving Children? - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

View Poll Results: How should you handle bad children?
WHIP THEM BAD @SS CHILDREN!!!!! I GOT A BELT RIGHT HERE!!!!!* shows belt* 14 31.82%
Give them them a time out to think about what they done. 15 34.09%
Take away their stuff! They can't live without their resources! 11 25.00%
PUNCH THAT BAD BOY!!!!!!!! HIT HIM WITH A FULL SWING!!!! KNOCK HIS LIGHTS OUT!!!!!!!! 4 9.09%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-16-2006, 02:29 PM   #31
haka
crazy back stabber!!

haka is an unknown quantity at this point
Well it depends if you try and try and try to make this child listen talking may not work so the only option is to spank the child you masy hate it but it may be the only way.

Which FF Character Are You?

Proud owner of:
The Bisexual Fc

Proud Co-owner of:
The sand shinobis FC
The Gorillaz Fc

Proud member of:
Hyuuga Neji FC
Pro Gamers FC
Legend of zelda FC
Final Fantasy Fc
haka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-16-2006, 03:11 PM   #32
Hinata_Fan_Boy
Jounin

Hinata_Fan_Boy is an unknown quantity at this point
I have to totally agree with Shad0w Hunter as long as it is disciplinary and not just out of wanting to. Plus like I said earlier with hitting hands with a belt it stings enough to where you don't want to be hit anymore teaching you to not do it again.

My Bros:
GaaraoftheDeathSand
shinobixx

My Sisters:
SASUKE GURL
SakuraNC
_hinata_
hinata_tropical

Owner of:
Hyuuga Hinata FC
NaruHina FC

Hinata_Fan_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 03:18 PM   #33
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all
I fail to see why my close blood relation to another human being makes it okay to beat them for their wrong doings. We don't even do physical punishment to prisoners for a REASON.

Here is one of the studies I was talking about. It should be enlightening for some of you.

It is arguable whether corporal punishment is emotionally or psychologically damaging or not. There are many studies which would indicate that this is so, but critics would say they do not necessarily control for other factors. There is little in the way of counter-studies showing corporal punishment is not damaging, or at least showing that there is no evidence to suggest so - fair enough, the burden of proof is not on that side of the argument, but given how many people have a vested interest in the topic, I find that surprising.

From a personal point of view, even if corporal punishment were not shown to be damaging, I still wouldn't use it, given that there are effective entirely non-physical methods of discipline. Who in their right mind would want to inflict pain on their children if they don't have to?

Remember, punishment does not have to mean spanking.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 11:25 PM   #34
Loz_The_Riotous
Genin

Loz_The_Riotous is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAztek
Thank you for proving my point exactly Loz. "Well my parents did it to me, so I should be able to do it to them."

Do you really want to HIT your child when other forms of punishment and behavior modification training work even BETTER than smacking 'em?
I feel that if it worked for me, it should work for my children. Thats it.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

DSM was >here<
Loz_The_Riotous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 02:32 AM   #35
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all
I'll ask you again in the hopes that you might answer me. If you knew that there were other means that work just as well to punish your child, do you really want to hit them? So it worked for you, eh? That's nice. Don't you think that if something works even better than the way you were raised that you probably don't NEED to beat your kid?
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:34 AM   #36
Akira
Genin

Akira is an unknown quantity at this point
Yay a topic I like!

Topic at hand: Should you beat your kids? In my overall opinion... yes. When I was younger I got my ass kicked whenever I fucked up and my brothers kicked my ass as well not just my parents. Although I hated that now that I look back on it I respect the fact they did that because I be doing some stupid shi7 if they didn't. I don't hate my family in fact I love them for that (as weird as that sounds)! If your child does something stupid smack him across the face or whip him with the belt. If they do something REALLY stupid a nice kick to the face always works (I know from experience). Beating them over grades is stupid unless they aren't putting any effort and are just being stupid. If my kids were doing that they get their ass kicked! That's how I was taught and it made LEARN REAL QUICK! Screw that timeout crap it never works. All that happens in a timeout is your sent to your room to play video games and read comics... that is a punishment? No what is a punishment when you screw up is getting your ass kicked and you learn real quick not to fu*k up when an ass kicking is a possibility. Nowadays I never get my ass kicked because I don't fu*k up anymore because of all the ass kickings! Had it not been for those ass kickings I be a dumbass little annoying kid.

Treat your kids with respect and be nice up until they screw up: Check
Beat your kids when they do something stupid: Check
Beat them when they did nothing: NO!
Use a slap to cover most situations: Check
Use a punch for heavy duty fu*k ups: Check
Adminster a roundhouse kick to the face for SUPER screw up: Check

With that simple guide I don't think anyone will have stupid kids.

Which character are you?

one tail = shukaku = racoon = wind
two tails = nekomata = cat = darkness
three tails = isonade = shark = water
four tails = sokou = rooster = poison
five tails = houkou = dog = illusions
six tails = raijuu = weasel = lightning
seven tails = kaku = badger = earth
eight tails =yamata no orochi= snake = devil
nine tails = kyuubi no youko = fox = fire

Rep me good plx...

http://www.narutolounge.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=12938

The first two chaps of my story please read them and leave a review I will really appreciate it!
Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 09:26 AM   #37
Rockshmo
Vizual Assassin

Rockshmo is an unknown quantity at this point
Well personally I would beat the shit out of my kid... nah I'm kidding. I would use "spankings" as a learning device though. Oh and just because Shiek included the word "whip" in the topic title doesn't mean parents use actual whips on their children. That would just be wrong.

The main reason I would "hit" my child if they did something wrong is to of course show them that it's bad and that if they continue to do it they will continue to receive spankings. People hit their animals all the time as a way of "training" them, and nobody says a word about that. Some people may find it wrong but on a general basis people consider it ok to hit your dog's ass if they jump on the furniture. This is completely opposite in terms of parenting nowadays. I remember back in the day it was encouraged to beat a bare bottom to teach a lesson.. now it's shunned upon. I think the world is getting too soft.. parents baby their children for so long that when time comes for them to finally move out into the real world they can't handle it or crack under pressure. I don't want my kid cutting his wrists because the girl he "loved" cheated on him.. *cough* emo *cough*. So yes, I would beat my children for a number of reasons, because that is what I believe.. and no I don't consider it child abuse because a few spanks on the bottom never hurt anyone.. and that's the only place I'd ever hit my children.

Also DA, I know you've asked a lot of people this and have gotten very little in reply so I'll go ahead and answer you. I would use physical discipline over any other technique because personally I think it works the best. I was disciplined the same way as a child and I feel no hatred towards my parents for it, I'm actually glad they did it so I didn't turn out to be some spoiled rotten emo kid. I think if you were to use physical discipline that the main thing you should worry about is making sure your kids know you love them. Yeah hitting them could lead to some mental problems unless you show them more love and affection than hitting and yelling. Oh and for the record, I once got a very large wooden spoon broken over my head haha.. by my grandmother!
Old 02-18-2006, 10:43 AM   #38
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,137 Posts
Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute
Uhm, no. I find it mentally scarring. My parents whip me but I don't want my children (if I have any) to be disciplined that way.
Tsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 10:45 AM   #39
GaaraOfTheDeathSand
Missing-Nin

GaaraOfTheDeathSand has a spectacular aura aboutGaaraOfTheDeathSand has a spectacular aura aboutGaaraOfTheDeathSand has a spectacular aura aboutGaaraOfTheDeathSand has a spectacular aura aboutGaaraOfTheDeathSand has a spectacular aura about
its called CHILD ABUSE and the thing is what did they do? if they hit a kid then no whipping isnt good but if they stole or something than yeah!
GaaraOfTheDeathSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 10:46 AM   #40
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute
So you're saying it's okay to hit a kid as punishment but not just because the wind's blowing? XD
Old 02-18-2006, 10:48 AM   #41
GaaraOfTheDeathSand
Missing-Nin

GaaraOfTheDeathSand has a spectacular aura aboutGaaraOfTheDeathSand has a spectacular aura aboutGaaraOfTheDeathSand has a spectacular aura aboutGaaraOfTheDeathSand has a spectacular aura aboutGaaraOfTheDeathSand has a spectacular aura about
no im saying IT DEPENDS WHAT THEY DID!!! i mean if they did something like MAJOR BAD like murder well u got no choice but to turn em in! but if it was like they hit a kid but not made him cry then theyy should just take a time out (sorry but tahts the only way i can say it)
Old 02-18-2006, 10:55 AM   #42
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Is English your second language? o__0
Old 02-18-2006, 11:03 AM   #43
nma
ANBU

nma is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugoiNaruto162

Is English your second language? o__0
rofl

Yeah, I think its okay as long as it doesn't go too far. The child will learn dispiline and to respect his/her parents this way.

nma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 11:13 AM   #44
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

That and fear him/her. It's not good if whipping your children leads to them being scared of you. >__>
Old 02-18-2006, 11:14 AM   #45
GaaraOfTheDeathSand
Missing-Nin

wow im saying IF THEY DID SOMETHING REALLY BAD THEN HITTING THEM IS SOMETHING THEY DESERVE BUT IF IT ISNT THAT BAD THAN NO GET IT NOW!!!!!