Should Parents Whip of beat their misbehaving Children? - Page 5 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

View Poll Results: How should you handle bad children?
WHIP THEM BAD @SS CHILDREN!!!!! I GOT A BELT RIGHT HERE!!!!!* shows belt* 14 31.82%
Give them them a time out to think about what they done. 15 34.09%
Take away their stuff! They can't live without their resources! 11 25.00%
PUNCH THAT BAD BOY!!!!!!!! HIT HIM WITH A FULL SWING!!!! KNOCK HIS LIGHTS OUT!!!!!!!! 4 9.09%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2006, 03:31 AM   #61
demonchildXX
Amaya Akaike/Angel

Location: Amaya Akaike: -reading a book under sakura tree, outside of Ouran High School Host Club-
demonchildXX is an unknown quantity at this point
im just saying...but just to tell u, i dont do nice...

Old 03-04-2006, 03:34 AM   #62
Xei
S-Ranked Shinobi

Xei has a brilliant futureXei has a brilliant futureXei has a brilliant futureXei has a brilliant futureXei has a brilliant futureXei has a brilliant futureXei has a brilliant futureXei has a brilliant futureXei has a brilliant futureXei has a brilliant futureXei has a brilliant future
ohhh.... well what about you demonchildxxx?

Co-owner of the:

Akatsuki FC

Member of the:
Prince of Tennis FC
Akatsuki Leader FC
Fruits Basket FC

My loyalty is to the:

Xei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 03:35 AM   #63
demonchildXX
Amaya Akaike/Angel

Location: Amaya Akaike: -reading a book under sakura tree, outside of Ouran High School Host Club-
*annoyed look* what about me?.....
Old 03-04-2006, 03:37 AM   #64
Xei
S-Ranked Shinobi

Xei has a brilliant futureXei has a brilliant futureXei has a brilliant futureXei has a brilliant futureXei has a brilliant futureXei has a brilliant futureXei has a brilliant futureXei has a brilliant futureXei has a brilliant futureXei has a brilliant futureXei has a brilliant future
what can you say about children being whipped by their dada and mwamwa?

Co-owner of the:

Akatsuki FC

Member of the:
Prince of Tennis FC
Akatsuki Leader FC
Fruits Basket FC

My loyalty is to the:

Old 03-04-2006, 03:38 AM   #65
demonchildXX
Amaya Akaike/Angel

hn....i dont care...waste of my time to answer this....
Old 03-04-2006, 03:43 AM   #66
Xei
S-Ranked Shinobi

yah not nice right? i understand....

Co-owner of the:

Akatsuki FC

Member of the:
Prince of Tennis FC
Akatsuki Leader FC
Fruits Basket FC

My loyalty is to the:

Old 03-15-2006, 09:19 AM   #67
Akatsuki Shinobi
Guy with a bag of Oranges

Akatsuki Shinobi is on a distinguished road
shit, no whip's!!!! thats goign to hurt bad, its just goign to make you hate the parents more..

my creations
AMV's
Uchiha rage 2.0
here
Fuuma revival amv
here
Grudge for my former sensei
here
Kimimaro's last dance
here
Temari Shinobi of the Wind
here
A hyuga's destiny
here
Black cat amv
Chronos's assault team Kerberos
here
Creed's power
here

proud member of The Geijutsuka Crew (TGC)
Akatsuki Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 09:30 AM   #68
d_darkness
Academy Student

d_darkness is an unknown quantity at this point
give them time to understan what they did
Old 03-15-2006, 09:49 AM   #69
#Lost_Spirit#
Genin

#Lost_Spirit# is an unknown quantity at this point
I believe that parents should be more careful about their children's behaviour. If not, the child will turn bad. But if he does something bad, their parents should give them some time to think about their mistakes, or teach them how to behave properly. They shouldn't beat their children up but if they reach at that point, it must be worth of it!!!
#Lost_Spirit# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:00 AM   #70
Aruko
ANBU

Aruko will become famous soon enoughAruko will become famous soon enoughAruko will become famous soon enough
I believe parents have every right to use controlled force against their kids, in the occasion when it's used to teach the child not to do something. Whipping, or lashing, or full-out beating is just plain out disgusting. But if a parent is not allowed to control their child and is only allowed to say, "Honey, please stop that, you're being bad" the world will end up with a bunch of thumb-sucking snot-nosed brats squealing about not having the right mercedes.

Another thing, as sort of a testimoney I guess you could say; when you spank a child it really hurts. I mean it hurts. But it leaves no permanent damage physically, or emotionally unless the child itself is emotionally unstable. I was spanked all of two times, I think, throughout my younger life. You know what? I've become one of the most chivalrous, honorable(in most parents eyes ), and perceptive child. Because after taking those hits I knew that if I didn't listen, I'd get hit again. So, being as intelligent as I am, I learned, "hey, being stupid will get me hurt! Let's not be stupid anymore and I won't get hurt!"

Honestly, it works. I DON'T support beating your child to near death. But I support discipline in physical ways.

ONE last thing!!!!!!!!
Kids DON'T understand. Tell them to go sit in a timeout...They'll go sit...You come back and ask them if they understand what they did and they'll say yes....Five minutes later they're doing the same thing because they don't understand and they only tell you they do because they don't want to be in timeout. Kids are smart, but not intelligent. They know how to get what they want and they know how to do it. But they don't know what'll happen to them if, say, they use the oven as a stepping stool to get to the top of the refridgerator for the cookie jar.

Last edited by Aruko; 03-15-2006 at 10:08 AM.
Aruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:41 AM   #71
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all
This is the reason that I have no faith in humanity. I have no faith in people as a whole. Despite being presented with hard evidence that proves past notions to be incorrect, people still do behaviors that are counterproductive. It is a fact: Corporeal punishment to a child can cause extreme negative consequences in the outcome. There is no doubt, if you beat your kid, he could turn into a raging sociopath just because of the aversive punishments you give him. It is not healthy.

But because some people were beaten and turned out alright, therefore it should be alright for everyone to do it to THEIR kids. It's like this situation: Some people do not get cancer or other illnesses, despite being chain smokers. The numbers are few, but it works out. However, the majority of smokers get terminal illnesses and their Quality of Life goes straight down the toilet. But hell! A few people turn out alright, so it should be okay for people to do it.

I'm sorry, but I do not put my life, nor anyone else's lives, up to common chance.

WHY, if there are alternative methods that are proven to work far better, would you want to beat your own kid? What kind of sudo-masachistic thought process is that?
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:05 AM   #72
Aruko
ANBU

Aruko will become famous soon enoughAruko will become famous soon enoughAruko will become famous soon enough
I'm not saying beat the living days out of 'em! A slap on the wrist, a spanking, maybe a spoon. Not take out a whip and lash'em for the fun of it.

You can't reason with a child. Now I'm not sure what age-group we're really talking about here, but when a child is below the age of about 5 or 6 they don't reason. Unless you've got some genius child, if you tell them to think about what they did, they won't. Because they don't see what they did was wrong.

Now inbetween say 7 and 10, seeing any higher the child will most likely have an understanding of punishment and/or the ability to seperate right/wrong, you can reason with them unless they have certain mental disorders, or have A.D.D.

In a teenage situation you can't hit them. The best punishment, that I personally think is best, would be to take away certain priviledges. But even that can send certain teenagers over the end; ending with suicide or personal physical harm or them hurting other people.
________________________________________ __

No matter how many times you tell a child not to play with fire, they'll only stop when they get burnt.

Old 03-15-2006, 04:39 PM   #73
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all
Corporeal punishment is corporeal punishment.

Says who that you can't reason with a child? I'm not saying you cannot punish a kid. There are other ways to punish kids than to hit them. To say that it does not work just means that they have no idea what kind of stuff that they CAN do. To say that the only way to reason with a small child is to hit them is ignorance of the facts. Parents who think that way need to READ. Not being educated enough is no excuse for corporeal punishment.

It's a proven behaviorism fact by B.F. Skinner: Aversive reinforcement is much more likely to lead to bad results, perhaps even the opposite of what the enforcer desires. Positive reinforcement (and even negative reinforcement to a lesser degree) works far better. And before you complain: You can punish with positive reinforcement as well.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:44 PM   #74
Aruko
ANBU

Sorry for coming across to you that I would complain about the simplest things...-_-
Assume things about other people, I don't appreciate it.

I'm not saying it's not the only punishment. But I'm saying reasoning with the child won't help, especially with strong-willed children, and that using physical force as a punishment isn't bad, as long as you can control yourself doing it. Wailing your child should get you arrested, not spanking your child. I do think, though, that it's more effective then a simple timeout.

Old 03-15-2006, 05:19 PM   #75
saskatu
Blitzkrieg

saskatu is an unknown quantity at this point
everyone has there won opions about how they should treat kids so basclaily you do what you want im out of this and i idk

Last edited by saskatu; 03-15-2006 at 06:02 PM.
saskatu is offline   Reply With Quote