Islam Protesting against Danish Cartoons - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2006, 08:09 PM   #31
Peregrin
Fool of a Took
 
Peregrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Somewhere with a Mediterranean climate.
Age: 23
Posts: 574
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Peregrin is an unknown quantity at this point
You seriously agree with their actions? You agree with the violence? The world is a sad place when people are moved to kill one another by a cartoon, and an even sadder place when people feel the need to defile others by means of a cartoon. The whole situation reeks of poor judgement.
__________________
"The chief has spoken"
-Lord of the Flies
Peregrin is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 02-20-2006, 08:10 PM   #32
GaaraOfTheDeathSand
Missing-Nin
 
GaaraOfTheDeathSand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Makin love. What?
Age: 24
Posts: 1,303
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
GaaraOfTheDeathSand has a spectacular aura aboutGaaraOfTheDeathSand has a spectacular aura aboutGaaraOfTheDeathSand has a spectacular aura aboutGaaraOfTheDeathSand has a spectacular aura aboutGaaraOfTheDeathSand has a spectacular aura about
do u think people put jesus with bombs everywhere and killing others... u know how offended muslims are... when u know who the fuck muhammad is you'll know the situation
GaaraOfTheDeathSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 09:37 PM   #33
victoria
the original victoria
 
victoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Singapore
Age: 27
Posts: 563
Thanks: 22
Thanked 30 Times in 8 Posts
victoria is on a distinguished roadvictoria is on a distinguished road
dis is bad. u see islam doesnt encourage ppl to do violence like riots or fights.
im sick of dis man... really puts a bad image on islam
__________________
People I LOVE On NL:

HINATA: BFF
SHADOWWOLF: Guardian Angel
G: Da King
AZUMI: Partner
VANITY: Mummy
KLUANG: Member
VASH_THEHUNTER: E-student
EKANG: Lil' Brother
MOOCH: Real-Deal
GOTDS: Bro
AKATSUKISHINOBI: Sebster
OAKGYRL: Porkchopest lady
SHADOWCLONE: Hottie Homie
victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 09:41 PM   #34
DarkAztek
Sand Man
 
DarkAztek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 31
Posts: 3,324
Thanks: 64
Thanked 582 Times in 189 Posts
DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by nma
I was using your warped logic. You seem to think that just because some people in the past have done this make it alright now.
Strawman. You're blowing this out of proportion completely. Making fun of something does not equate death and destruction. One is harmful, the other isn't. Other religions are mocked all of the time. It is not tasteful, but it is freedom of speech. You can say whatever is on your mind. Many Muslims have made cartoons depicting holy figures from other religions in terrible ways. Google them for yourself about Judaism eating babies and of the Pope.

Quote:
They apologized yeah, but 4 months after it initially happened, and that was what the muslims wanted in the first place. And there's also a thing called responsibility. There are no rights or freedoms without limitations. I have the right to own a gun, but I do not have the right to shoot anyone that I want. Likewise, I can say what I want as long as I keep it civil, but I can't go about insulting a 1/6 of the worlds population.
No, that's not true at all. After it was reprinted, the man who did it was fired and a huge apology was given by the newspaper. That happened within a week of it. The Danish government itself has apologized numerous times recently. And even if it did take that long, why are all of these riots occuring now? Does that thereby make their actions okay to riot?

And are you suggesting that free speech should be limited because we might hurt someone's or some group's feelings? That's preposterous. It may not be in good taste, but if one side is allowed to speak, both sides are as well.

Strawman again. There is no right to shoot a person whenever you want. There is, however, a law that says you can say whatever you want, whenever you want. They did it. Boo hoo, get over it. Is it okay for a few Muslims to insult all of America and all of the Danes and all of the Jews? That's a huge chunk of the world's population right there. But a few people can't use this freedom of speech to say something back? It's a two way street, man.

Quote:
Well did you know that a council representing 57 of these 'corrupt governments' have condemned the violence?
http://www.moroccotimes.com/Paper/ar...idr=2&id=12526
Yeah. I can't blame these people for condeming the violence. I have no problem with Islam as a religion nor the real Muslims in the world. I have a problem with these millions of people that act violently over something as insignificant as a cartoon.

(But also, it ain't all of the governments that are saying that. What about Iran? What about Pakistan? They say people shouldn't riot in their country, but I've heard nothing but complete hate towards the US, the Danes, and the Jews over this incident from the governments. But I suppose, by what you've said, you consider that to be okay.)

Quote:
And thats exactly the problem, sterotyping an entire religion of more than a billion people by the actions of less than 1% of the population.
And? Stereotyping all of the United States and all Jews is right? They can say what they want. So can we. That's how (get ready for it, this is the one fact you just cannot overcome) FREEDOM OF SPEECH works.

Quote:
http://www.rotten.com/library/culture/banned-cartoons/

Also, the very same Danish newspaper, the Jyllands-Posten, refused to run cartoons of Jesus 3 years ago on the grounds that 'they could be offensive to readers and were not funny.'
http://media.guardian.co.uk/site/sto...703500,00.html
Great. That paper is obviously biased and etc. But so are the papers printed by Neo Nazis, the KKK, the Black Panthers, and virtually all groups. They can say what they want, no matter how offensive it is. It can be frowned upon, considered disgusting, or even be downright sacreligious. But guess what? They can DO IT. They have an inherent right to do it.

Quote:
listen they make muhammad look like a terrorist... do u think Muslim people make jesus look like a jigglo? NO! and they care for jesus so the danish have disrespected muslims and sorry isnt enough to pay for what they did... THEY KNEW THIS WAS COMING
http://www.recordstore.co.uk/bluegra...8AA36KB003.gif
http://www.sinfulshirts.com/thumbnai...us_preview.gif
http://www.brianz.org/images/Misc/JackHammerJesus.jpg
http://www.foulmouthshirts.com/T_SHI...s-comingtn.jpg
http://www.foulmouthshirts.com/funny...hirt_r1_c1.jpg
http://www.foulmouthshirts.com/Bigsh...hirt_r1_c1.jpg

Oh no? Just Google "fuck Jesus" and see what you get! For crying out loud, there is an ENTIRE MUSICAL that is blasphemous to Jesus! Jesus Christ: Superstar.

I've yet to hear any of those people apologize. Christian groups get angry and protest, but I've never heard of any extremist Christian groups cause riots that kill people over this stuff. Why? Because as blasphemous as it is, THERE IS A FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
__________________
[CENTER]
Nam Myōhō Renge Kyō[/CENTER]
[CENTER]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 05:07 AM   #35
Azumi
유아쿨입유캔리드디스
 
Azumi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the land of rubbershoes and dirty ice cream... ;o)
Posts: 3,701
Thanks: 730
Thanked 354 Times in 271 Posts
Azumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really nice
yeah... i think the muslims have the right to protest... there are a lot of muslims in our country and they are so into their religion... they respect the Islam religion... even the Catholics pay respect to them... so insulting Islam is something very umm... rude...
i think any religion that has been insulted would be defended by their believers...
__________________


I LOL'D.
삳 압. 유 아 이스투피드.
Azumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:39 AM   #36
SharinganEyes
Chuunin
 
SharinganEyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Reading Come Come paradise
Age: 26
Posts: 667
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SharinganEyes is an unknown quantity at this point
i have read the 3 pages and must say, GaaraOfTheSand, you are getting hot- headed, and acting like gaara. cool it. i see your frustration, everybody does.

well, obviously it's offensive, in fact, anything that pokes fun of religion. it's sad to see that. it's tad natural that muslims reacted. anybody would.

somebody said that last time there are also times where the Prophet Muhammad is being poke fun or something like that. nobody really notices. and today, when a cartoon is teasing the prophet, so many things happened..i ever thought how come there's lashing now.

well, look at what happen at september 11. the focus shifted hugely to muslims. the attacks on bali, bombings, or mostly, done by muslim, (i hope it's the small portion of them that's doing in the name of Islam, that's wrong). and of course, when something like this danish cartoons making fun of prophet, definitely there's protests here and there..

i'm not saying that muslims used to not care whether the prophet is teased, but now, after the sep 11 thingy, they wanna show something, though i'm not really sure what is it they wanna show.. anyway, gaaraofthesand, think you shld reread all the posts here, especially urs. no offense.
__________________

creator- beautiful green beast
SharinganEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 11:25 AM   #37
Edge
Chuunin
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: England
Posts: 386
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Edge is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by azumi149
yeah... i think the muslims have the right to protest... there are a lot of muslims in our country and they are so into their religion... they respect the Islam religion... even the Catholics pay respect to them... so insulting Islam is something very umm... rude...
i think any religion that has been insulted would be defended by their believers...
That level of violent reaction should end up with most of the protestors being arrested. Can you imagine what it would have been like to be in a danish embassy with those maniacs outside?

We also have something called freedom of speech, you shouldn't have to worry about what you publish incase you insult people.

The way those muslims reacted made it look like all muslims were evil and looking for an excuse to be violent i don't know how it's possible to see any reason what so ever in their actions.
__________________



Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 12:33 PM   #38
nma
ANBU
 
nma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,526
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
nma is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru_IQ
i see 100% proof there now.
i agree wit Nma.
With saying the whole Islamic society is bad when only 10% of them is.
Careful now, thats a dangerous thing to say. There are over a billion muslims in the world, 10% of that would be that there a hundred million terrorists running around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAztek
Strawman. You're blowing this out of proportion completely. Making fun of something does not equate death and destruction. One is harmful, the other isn't. Other religions are mocked all of the time. It is not tasteful, but it is freedom of speech. You can say whatever is on your mind. Many Muslims have made cartoons depicting holy figures from other religions in terrible ways. Google them for yourself about Judaism eating babies and of the Pope.
Yeah I am but the logic still works. You may see cartoons of Ariel Sharon or some other nameless jew or christian, but you won't be seeing any of their religious figures (i.e Jesus and Moses) because we beleive in these men too, albeit not in the same way. In the same way, you can't equate making fun of these kinds of people with making fun of Prophet Muhammed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAztek
No, that's not true at all. After it was reprinted, the man who did it was fired and a huge apology was given by the newspaper. That happened within a week of it. The Danish government itself has apologized numerous times recently. And even if it did take that long, why are all of these riots occuring now? Does that thereby make their actions okay to riot?
A french editor was fired, I think the Danish one still has his job.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060129/...bya_denmark_dc

The Danish government refused to apologize many times. It was the newspaper that finally issued the apology and that was on Jan 30.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ory?id=1558612

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAztek
And are you suggesting that free speech should be limited because we might hurt someone's or some group's feelings? That's preposterous. It may not be in good taste, but if one side is allowed to speak, both sides are as well.
It should be and it is. A British prof visting Austria, David Irving, was arrested at gun point on Nov. 11 2005 in Vienna on the charge of dentyng the holocaust. He was later sentenced to 3 years imprisonment.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4734648.stm

In Britain, there is the The Race Relations Act. Under that act, it is unlawful to discriminate against anyone on grounds of race, colour, nationality (including citizenship), or ethnic or national origin. All racial groups are protected from discrimination, and this includes religous groups like the Jews and Sikhs. Why shouldn't it include muslims too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAztek
Strawman again. There is no right to shoot a person whenever you want. There is, however, a law that says you can say whatever you want, whenever you want. They did it. Boo hoo, get over it. Is it okay for a few Muslims to insult all of America and all of the Danes and all of the Jews? That's a huge chunk of the world's population right there. But a few people can't use this freedom of speech to say something back? It's a two way street, man.
But there is also a restricted on free speech, slander. Slander is defined as: words falsely spoken that damage the reputation of another. And the cartoons definetly falls under this category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAztek
Yeah. I can't blame these people for condeming the violence. I have no problem with Islam as a religion nor the real Muslims in the world. I have a problem with these millions of people that act violently over something as insignificant as a cartoon.

(But also, it ain't all of the governments that are saying that. What about Iran? What about Pakistan? They say people shouldn't riot in their country, but I've heard nothing but complete hate towards the US, the Danes, and the Jews over this incident from the governments. But I suppose, by what you've said, you consider that to be okay.)
Of course Iran hates the U.S. They were used as puppets, fought an Iraq that was armed to the teeth by the U.S, and had one or their commericial jet shot down. They hate Israel because of thats been happening there for the past 50 years and the Danes for what just happened. But Iran isn't immune from this either, because like you said, lifes a two way street. Israel doesn't think all that highly of the Iranians either, and theres also the possibility of a U.S lead war looming ahead because of their uranium enrichment. Do I think any of this is right? No. Nobodies safe from prejudice and misconceptions, but it wouldn't hurt to stop and think about how the other side feels before you say or do anything.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAztek
And? Stereotyping all of the United States and all Jews is right? They can say what they want. So can we. That's how (get ready for it, this is the one fact you just cannot overcome) FREEDOM OF SPEECH works.
No we can't, its a huge taboo to make fun of Jews especially in Europe. Austria has a law preventing anyone from denying the holocaust, and Jewish Family Guy and Ali G episodes were banned from the U.S on account that they were anti-semtic. Even Tom Cruise had an episode out South Park about him banned from the U.K. Its funny how an actor can get an ep of him banned, but it takes days of hundreds of angry muslims rioting to even elict an apology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAztek
Great. That paper is obviously biased and etc. But so are the papers printed by Neo Nazis, the KKK, the Black Panthers, and virtually all groups. They can say what they want, no matter how offensive it is. It can be frowned upon, considered disgusting, or even be downright sacreligious. But guess what? They can DO IT. They have an inherent right to do it.
No they can't. Once again, under the Race Relations Act.

Quote:
racist incidents ranging from criminal harassment and abuse to physical violence are offences under the criminal law. Inciting racial hatred is also a criminal offence. Publishing and disseminating materials such as leaflets and newspapers that are likely to incite racial hatred is also a criminal offence. If anyone has a complaint with respect to any of these criminal matters they should be reported to the police.
The KKK was outlawed was outlawed in the U.S, and I'd love to see what'd happen to a neo Nazi in Nazi paranoid Germany.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAztek
Oh no? Just Google "fuck Jesus" and see what you get! For crying out loud, there is an ENTIRE MUSICAL that is blasphemous to Jesus! Jesus Christ: Superstar.

I've yet to hear any of those people apologize. Christian groups get angry and protest, but I've never heard of any extremist Christian groups cause riots that kill people over this stuff. Why? Because as blasphemous as it is, THERE IS A FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
And thats sad to hear, it really is sad how Christianity is just aboout completely demonized in the west, especially the U.S. Can you honestly blame muslims for not wanting that to happen to their religion? On the other hand, how many muslim groups have you seen blowing up abortion clinics to protect the sanctity of life? Every group has their rogues and kooks.
__________________

nma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:00 PM   #39
Edge
Chuunin
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: England
Posts: 386
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Edge is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't see how you can justify Gang-violence beacuse of a religous figure.

The whole point of religion is to get people to be nice to each other, this scale of vioplent reaction proves that these people don't care about their own religons reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPwnzerz
I thinhk this whole situation is ridiculous. I think the Danish should just take the cartoon off of the air, and the problem should be solved. No fine, that's ridiculous. An apology, and cancellation of the show;that is all.. It's pathetic though when Islamic people threaten to kill people and punish them, and then threaten to other countries for anothers mistake? Give me a break.
What pwnzers said is reason, what they are doing is a form of terrorism in the way they are trying to scare the west into censoring things that offend them.
__________________



Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:29 PM   #40
crewshiukaz
Chuunin
 
crewshiukaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: dood
Age: 22
Posts: 644
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
crewshiukaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Freedom of speech and post, yes. But when it comes to something as dificult and unstable as this, when anything put up against their religion in this case the cartoons can end with violent protests or even acts of terrorism it was kinda unwise.
__________________
1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2
crewshiukaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:45 PM   #41
Shikamaru_IQ
Free Lancer
 
Shikamaru_IQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: I want to be sedated.
Age: 27
Posts: 1,566
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Shikamaru_IQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by victoria
dis is bad. u see islam doesnt encourage ppl to do violence like riots or fights.
im sick of dis man... really puts a bad image on islam
Agree'd if they keep on doing this.
Islam would be called "terrorist" everywhere....
Quote:
Freedom of speech and post, yes. But when it comes to something as dificult and unstable as this, when anything put up against their religion in this case the cartoons can end with violent protests or even acts of terrorism it was kinda unwise.
Yes i agree it is unwise to go to Violent Crimes 1st they most.
Press in a good way and make Danish stop by words not guns and fist..
__________________
YOU ARE NOT YOUR SIGNATURE
Shikamaru_IQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 03:51 PM   #42
DarkAztek
Sand Man
 
DarkAztek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 31
Posts: 3,324
Thanks: 64
Thanked 582 Times in 189 Posts
DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all
Quote:
Yeah I am but the logic still works. You may see cartoons of Ariel Sharon or some other nameless jew or christian, but you won't be seeing any of their religious figures (i.e Jesus and Moses) because we beleive in these men too, albeit not in the same way. In the same way, you can't equate making fun of these kinds of people with making fun of Prophet Muhammed.
No, the logic doesn't work. You're comparing apples to oranges.

And I even gave examples of Jesus cartoons that are extremely offensive. And Jesus is more than just a prophet, he is one of the holy trinity, a part of God himself to Christians. So don't give me any more grief about that.


Quote:
A french editor was fired, I think the Danish one still has his job.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060129/...bya_denmark_dc

The Danish government refused to apologize many times. It was the newspaper that finally issued the apology and that was on Jan 30.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ory?id=1558612
Ah, you're right about the government not apologizing. But to be honest, I don't know why they SHOULD apologize. They didn't draw the cartoon nor did they print it. There was nothing illegal about what the paper did. They were just using their freedom of speech.

Quote:
It should be and it is. A British prof visting Austria, David Irving, was arrested at gun point on Nov. 11 2005 in Vienna on the charge of dentyng the holocaust. He was later sentenced to 3 years imprisonment.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4734648.stm

In Britain, there is the The Race Relations Act. Under that act, it is unlawful to discriminate against anyone on grounds of race, colour, nationality (including citizenship), or ethnic or national origin. All racial groups are protected from discrimination, and this includes religous groups like the Jews and Sikhs. Why shouldn't it include muslims too?
And that's retarded. He should be allowed to speak and say whatever he wants. I could say that the sky is purple and that Jesus was actually a con man. And? It's free speech.

And you are misinterpreting the RRA. It is unlawful to discriminate. Tell me, who does that cartoon DISCRIMINATE? It does not say you can't say what you want. It does, however, prevent a person from not hiring and etc. a person based upon their race, color, nationality, or ethnic group. And it DOES apply to Muslims. Now you're turning this into a racism issue when it's really a free speech issue and whether or not we shold be able to say WHATEVER we want.

Quote:
But there is also a restricted on free speech, slander. Slander is defined as: words falsely spoken that damage the reputation of another. And the cartoons definetly falls under this category.
Last time I checked, satire is not slander. Political satire is allowed. Check the laws against slander and defamation again. (And is it even in Danish law? You've only provided me with British laws.)

Quote:
Of course Iran hates the U.S. They were used as puppets, fought an Iraq that was armed to the teeth by the U.S, and had one or their commericial jet shot down. They hate Israel because of thats been happening there for the past 50 years and the Danes for what just happened. But Iran isn't immune from this either, because like you said, lifes a two way street. Israel doesn't think all that highly of the Iranians either, and theres also the possibility of a U.S lead war looming ahead because of their uranium enrichment. Do I think any of this is right? No. Nobodies safe from prejudice and misconceptions, but it wouldn't hurt to stop and think about how the other side feels before you say or do anything.
So therefore they have the right to kill people? Therefore they gain special privilages? And Muslims hate Israel and Jews more for just the issue over land. In the Hadith, Bukhari volume IV, number 524, page 333, there is a large section that talks aobut how Jews are actually rats and swine. Ever been to Iran? I have. I've seen children marching in the streets, being instructed to chant "Death to Israel."

But now we're getting into semantics. Prejudices happen and it's bad. It stinks that the people in the Middle East have so much hate for one another and that others have so much hate for them. HOWEVER, we have something called a freedom of speech which permits us to say anything we want.

Quote:
No we can't, its a huge taboo to make fun of Jews especially in Europe. Austria has a law preventing anyone from denying the holocaust, and Jewish Family Guy and Ali G episodes were banned from the U.S on account that they were anti-semtic. Even Tom Cruise had an episode out South Park about him banned from the U.K. Its funny how an actor can get an ep of him banned, but it takes days of hundreds of angry muslims rioting to even elict an apology.
Ah ha ha ha! No. It ain't. For example, France has a huge problem with anti-semitism towards Jews. Google any European country you want about their anti-semitism and you'll be suprised.

As for the Austrian and German laws that are exceptions to free speech... That's stupid. We can't just pretend it never happened. If you systematically prevent one side from speaking out, an inherent problem in democracy occurs. There is an extreme liberalim control (I'm liberal myself, but these guys are just crazy) who seem to think that it is okay to say anti-Christian things, but not anti-Muslim or anti-Jewish, or anti-whatever. Huge double standards exist. Again, I've been there. I've experienced this all first hand.

Quote:
No they can't. Once again, under the Race Relations Act.
Yes, they can. The RRA is about discrimination. Not racist speech. As for the examples I gave before to this reply of yours, I was specifically talking about the United States. (And also, the main country where this whole issue came from is Denmark. Not G.B. Your point is moot.)

Quote:
The KKK was outlawed was outlawed in the U.S, and I'd love to see what'd happen to a neo Nazi in Nazi paranoid Germany.
No, it's not. It's NOT outlawed. What is outlawed are hate crimes (as well as all crimes). There are KKK rallies all the freaking time down South.

Quote:
And thats sad to hear, it really is sad how Christianity is just aboout completely demonized in the west, especially the U.S. Can you honestly blame muslims for not wanting that to happen to their religion? On the other hand, how many muslim groups have you seen blowing up abortion clinics to protect the sanctity of life? Every group has their rogues and kooks.
News flash: It already is. It has been for a long time. All of the major religions in the world are hated by some other religious group. And guess what? Boo hoo! If people make comics about Islam, then that is NOT an excuse for a riot. It is NOT an excuse for wanton death and destruction. Christianity gets terrible slurs against them all of the time and I've yet to see a RIOT occur over it. I've yet to see people be KILLED over it.

Now, I'm not saying Islam is a violent religion. What I am saying is that there are Islamic people out there that apparently DO think that rioting and killing people is the right thing to do.

And do you really think that if abortion was legalized in any Muslim countries that they wouldn't be blown up? (Also, total the number of abortion bombings. Now total the number of bombings "to defend Islam." You'll find a huge difference.)
__________________
[CENTER]
Nam Myōhō Renge Kyō[/CENTER]
[CENTER]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:36 PM   #43
Azumi
유아쿨입유캔리드디스
 
Azumi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the land of rubbershoes and dirty ice cream... ;o)
Posts: 3,701
Thanks: 730
Thanked 354 Times in 271 Posts
Azumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge
That level of violent reaction should end up with most of the protestors being arrested. Can you imagine what it would have been like to be in a danish embassy with those maniacs outside?
and why do you think those ppl are outside the danish embassy?
freedom of speech is something not to be "abused"
we should be responsible also in everything we express.
not just because we are given the right of speech...
__________________


I LOL'D.
삳 압. 유 아 이스투피드.
Azumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 11:22 PM   #44
Peregrin
Fool of a Took
 
Peregrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Somewhere with a Mediterranean climate.
Age: 23
Posts: 574
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Peregrin is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey hey, did the people in the Danish Embassy draw the cartoon? Huh? GOD think about it. It's WRONG for one Danish cartoonist to assume Muslims are all violent, but it's equally as wrong to assume that all Danes are guilty for the cartoon. And it's MUCH more wrong to attack said Danes because of one cartoonist.
__________________
"The chief has spoken"
-Lord of the Flies
Peregrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 11:30 PM   #45
victoria
the original victoria
 
victoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Singapore
Age: 27
Posts: 563
Thanks: 22
Thanked 30 Times in 8 Posts
victoria is on a distinguished roadvictoria is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrin
Hey hey, did the people in the Danish Embassy draw the cartoon? Huh? GOD think about it. It's WRONG for one Danish cartoonist to assume Muslims are all violent, but it's equally as wrong to assume that all Danes are guilty for the cartoon. And it's MUCH more wrong to attack said Danes because of one cartoonist.
totally agree.... only 1 cartoonist drew the cartoon. this kind of behaviour is called "follow the STUPID leader". sumone does sumthink & encourage others to follow him/her & said others blindly follows said sumone and the saddest thing of all is most dont see both sides.... they either close 1 eye or both
__________________
People I LOVE On NL:

HINATA: BFF
SHADOWWOLF: Guardian Angel
G: Da King
AZUMI: Partner
VANITY: Mummy
KLUANG: Member
VASH_THEHUNTER: E-student
EKANG: Lil' Brother
MOOCH: Real-Deal
GOTDS: Bro
AKATSUKISHINOBI: Sebster
OAKGYRL: Porkchopest lady
SHADOWCLONE: Hottie Homie
victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.