Islam Protesting against Danish Cartoons - Page 6 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Old 03-07-2006, 02:30 PM   #76
narutoeye
Chuunin

narutoeye is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAztek
No, there ain't. I'm the one who started it, I should know. I don't give a rat's ass about whether or not Islam on a whole is a violent religion. I don't know enough to say that. If I "got off topic" it was merely to debate an assinine point by another poster who claimed something completely erroneous.

Did the cartoon make any Muslims slaves? Did it kill anyone? (Well yeah, actually it did. The protestors killed a number of people.) So what's the reason that you've got to say that the violent reactions are okay?

And yeah, they have every right in the world to say what they want. If people don't want to buy Danish products because of it, then all the power to them.

And news flash: Every day Israel is depicted as a terrorist country and I've yet to see any Israeli suicide bombers or huge protests against Palestinian countries. The USA is depicted is a terrorist country by them and I haven't seen any terrorist actions. Jesus is frequently made fun of and depicted in a poor light. Where are all of the riots?

I know that there exists a vast majority of Muslims who are sane, rational people. They don't want to kill people nor think that the Danish people should die for poking fun at Mohammad. They have every right to be offended and etc. What I am pointing out is the few MILLION who DO protest and offer violence as a good reaction to being made fun of.
As you said: it was merely to debate an assinine point by another poster who claimed something completely erroneous, I did the same thing for example, I started the topic of Quran proven a lot of things that only the new science prove just, because you only believe the experts not the religious people. And for the God existence topic I started, because you said that there is no possible way to prove God exists.

Just read again I didn’t say that the cartoon makes any Muslims slaves or it kill anyone.
And didn’t say that violent reactions are okay, I said that there are violence by few Muslims which is expected not only from Muslims, but Christian also if Muslims makes fun of Christians and Jesus and describe them as terrorists at their daily media and it maybe more that Muslims reactions.

What you mean by they have every right in the world to say what they want. Know that some of pictures not only insult Mohammad, but all the Muslims it gives bad impressions about Islam for example one of the pictures shows that Mohammad our prophet was terrorist which means Islam is a terrorist religion also. And yet most Muslims react peacefully and didn’t buy Danish products.

Israel is depicted as a terrorist country, because what Israel do is worst that suicide bombers, what you will do if your country is invades and the local people killed or kicked out from their county and the remaining people, women and kids are killed and violated everyday. And why do you think young Palestinian sacrifices their lives as suicide bombers just, because of the above reasons and it’s the only way to revenge that. In fact Arabic Christians, Arabic Jewish and Arabic Muslims used to live in harmony with their holly places before Israelis came. Moreover, Israelis claim that’s it used be to their land, but, in fact there are not Arabic Jewish to begin with, they are the Jewish which are collected from Europe. The USA always in Israel side and they said it many times. That’s why FEW Muslims are angry about USA supporting of Israel. They believe if USA don’t support the Israeli, Israel won’t be there.

Quote:
The text that goes WITH the pictures and explains them.
Just because the text in Arabic it doesn’t mean that the picture made by Muslims for two reasons:

1- There are many Non Muslims Arabic people like Christians Arab and Jewish Arab who might did it.
2- Any good artist can draw any Arabic text easily.

Quote:
It has nothing to do with this debate. At all.
I hope you got why I mentioned this.

Quote:
I have no desire to talk to you and figured that you would PM me about how I could possibly believe that there is no proof of a superior existance. PM me if you really want to waste my time and have me explain it to you. But really, I'm not going to go out of my way.
I also don’t want to waste my time on this to you.

the above pic is from episode 1 when naruto said: I'm going to surpass all the previous hokages and then I'll make the village recognize my strength.
narutoeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-07-2006, 04:14 PM   #77
OffTheChain

OffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure Evil
1. Muslims shouldn't have gone angry about the publish of these cartoons and start bombing or so to show that anger out. Maybe they should take a joke

2. However, the Danish were quite childish maybe? and were desrespecting the muslims religion and views on things. Therefore they had a right to be angry

I suppose if you are muslim/islamic then you would have a diff view than to that of a catholic/christian/athiest.
OffTheChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 04:59 PM   #78
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by narutoeye
As you said: it was merely to debate an assinine point by another poster who claimed something completely erroneous, I did the same thing for example, I started the topic of Quran proven a lot of things that only the new science prove just, because you only believe the experts not the religious people. And for the God existence topic I started, because you said that there is no possible way to prove God exists.
...How does mentioning that parts of the Koran have been proven effect that I believe experts over just some random guy who practices the religion? Ugh.

Quote:
Just read again I didn’t say that the cartoon makes any Muslims slaves or it kill anyone.
And didn’t say that violent reactions are okay, I said that there are violence by few Muslims which is expected not only from Muslims, but Christian also if Muslims makes fun of Christians and Jesus and describe them as terrorists at their daily media and it maybe more that Muslims reactions.
THEN WHY ARE YOU DEFENDING THE PROTESTORS? I look back at your past comments and you DO say things along the line of "It's not the best choice, but I can completely understand why they did it. I mean, we shouldn't offend people!"

And I am so sick of telling you this: But they do. Muslims, Christians, Jews, and all of the other religions make fun of Christianity and Jesus all of the FUCKING time! You also ignore my example of radical comments and thoughts on Jews and how there have yet to be any JEWISH TERRORIST ACTIONS against Islam. No VIOLENT PROTESTS. Get it?

Quote:
What you mean by they have every right in the world to say what they want. Know that some of pictures not only insult Mohammad, but all the Muslims it gives bad impressions about Islam for example one of the pictures shows that Mohammad our prophet was terrorist which means Islam is a terrorist religion also. And yet most Muslims react peacefully and didn’t buy Danish products.
So what? Oh boo hoo, they made fun of my religion. Boo hoo, they made fun of the prophet of my religion. And? Deal with it. Why should people tip toe around an issue or thought just because it might offend people? Since when did "freedom of speech" suddenly mean, "say what you want, just don't offend people"? If you want to react peacefully and say it wasn't nice, then go for it! That's your opinion and it's a good one at that! But, unfortunately, it's the bad apples out there that have KILLED PEOPLE over the cartoons that set a standard. Millions of people, in fact. Not just a few.

Quote:
Israel is depicted as a terrorist country, because what Israel do is worst that suicide bombers, what you will do if your country is invades and the local people killed or kicked out from their county and the remaining people, women and kids are killed and violated everyday. And why do you think young Palestinian sacrifices their lives as suicide bombers just, because of the above reasons and it’s the only way to revenge that. In fact Arabic Christians, Arabic Jewish and Arabic Muslims used to live in harmony with their holly places before Israelis came. Moreover, Israelis claim that’s it used be to their land, but, in fact there are not Arabic Jewish to begin with, they are the Jewish which are collected from Europe. The USA always in Israel side and they said it many times. That’s why FEW Muslims are angry about USA supporting of Israel. They believe if USA don’t support the Israeli, Israel won’t be there.
To say that Israel is a terrorist nation is an extremely huge opinion and nothing more. It's also a lie if you look at the definition of terrorism. And actually, no. They didn't "live in harmony" before the formation of Israel. There were still bitchings and squabblings that erupted into violence. Compared to now, however, it is insignificant because of the Palestinians training future generations to do nothing but hate. Israel gives every opportunity for peace and every time it is rejected and ends up with MORE dead. Do you really think that by giving up Israel, this conflict will disappear?

I don't CARE what the reasons are for terrorist actions. It doesn't make it just to hurt innocents. There is no justice in wanton violence.

Quote:
Just because the text in Arabic it doesn’t mean that the picture made by Muslims for two reasons:

1- There are many Non Muslims Arabic people like Christians Arab and Jewish Arab who might did it.
2- Any good artist can draw any Arabic text easily.
No, dammit. Not the Arabic words in the pictures. The WORDS ABOVE AND BELOW THE PICTURES THAT EXPLAIN THE REASONING. Sheesh. All you've done now is proven to me that you have not done more than glance at the website I gave you. Good job, you have McDonald's Syndrom. (AKA: Not putting in the effort and then pretending that you did anyway.)
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 02:40 AM   #79
Fuji_Kunimitsu
Genin

Fuji_Kunimitsu is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, please, don't bring ignorance into these threads, it is the worse case. Nuke em? do you kno what the consequences would be because of that? Please nuke the biggest oilfields in current production and shut down every single major nations infrastructure due to lack of fuels. tThan what? Most of US isn't run on alternative fuel sources so we'd get fucked the most.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:40 AM   #80
Muddy
Academy Student

Muddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Islam Protesting against Danish Cartoons

I hope it isn't wrong of me to revive the tread but I just saw and thought: Hey i'm danish so I should be able to contribute alot to this debate..
So I hope i'll be able to clear up misunderstandings or answer some questions you might have. However I do not represent Denmark i'm just an individuel living there...

I believe in the freedom to speech. It is one of our fundamental rights in Denmark. If we can't print such cartoons then it means that religion control what we are allowed to say. That was what Jyllands-posten was trying to do. To see if there was a limit to our freedom to speech. When they were printed many danish muslims offcourse felt offended by this and the newspaper apoligized for offending them not for printing them. And then a few Imams decided to take this to international level and seek support outside Denmark because they couldn't get enouch support from the majority of the danish muslims. There hasn't been a single violent protest against the cartoons in Denmark infact in the end muslims tried to calm muslims from other coutries by saying that thay have gone to far...
Old 12-23-2006, 07:11 AM   #81
Kekkei Genkai
Chuunin

Location: Somewhere someplace doing something, meeting someone somehow
Kekkei Genkai is an unknown quantity at this point

In Islam, anything that is stated against Islam or anything related to it is always discouraged by Muslims. It's just a law or a common belief. Yes religions like these intersecting with societies today are a problem but if Islam cannot change it, yet problems continue to arise, then mabye the cartoonists should stop involving Islam in their work. Criticizing them will only make things worse. However I must say that even if Islam is insulted a bit, such radical actions are too extreme. Riots? Casualties? They are not worth the trouble of protesting against a critisicm towards their religion. I agree that it's ok to get mad but not to go that far. My part in this debate is that those criticizing Islam should continue to do it at their own risk and knowing the fact that there would be civil unrest around the world. Also, that Muslims actually going through the trouble of rioting just because of a couple of insults is too extreme and causes trouble for everyone. I mean no offense to Muslims on this site however it's just my point of view.
Kekkei Genkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 05:34 PM   #82
frzcold65
Chuunin

frzcold65 is an unknown quantity at this point

They need to stop making the fucking cartoons, its realy offending. Then maybe they wouldnt get thier asses kicked.

Red's PokePet

Whizzer the level 43 Raikou!
frzcold65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 11:00 AM   #83
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all

It's not wrong for non-Muslims to make cartoons portraying Mohammad. It's a great problem when MUSLIMS do it. They can't do it by law.

Oh boo hoo, there religion was mocked! Big fucking deal. Every religion is made fun of. Every person gets made fun of. ...And threatening violence in response to the cartoon being awful is just stupid, seeing as how the comic was saying that Muslims are violent.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Old 12-24-2006, 12:13 PM   #84
*Sakura*
fuckin' hawt

*Sakura* has much to be proud of*Sakura* has much to be proud of*Sakura* has much to be proud of*Sakura* has much to be proud of*Sakura* has much to be proud of*Sakura* has much to be proud of*Sakura* has much to be proud of*Sakura* has much to be proud of*Sakura* has much to be proud of*Sakura* has much to be proud of*Sakura* has much to be proud of

It is wrong for non-muslims to do what they did, yeah sure there are muslim terrorists but not all muslims are terrorists =/ so why harm the rest?

big fucking deal? i bet you'll make a HUGE problem and start a war again for no reason on the muslims cuz they drew something offending to ur religon

allah yl3an kl el kfar elly garabaw 3adal Mohammed PBUH
*Sakura* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 12:48 PM   #85
Miburo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAztek View Post
It's not wrong for non-Muslims to make cartoons portraying Mohammad. It's a great problem when MUSLIMS do it. They can't do it by law.

Oh boo hoo, there religion was mocked! Big fucking deal. Every religion is made fun of. Every person gets made fun of. ...And threatening violence in response to the cartoon being awful is just stupid, seeing as how the comic was saying that Muslims are violent.
This is the correct answer.

Muslims shouldn't expect non-Muslims to follow their system of religous rules. There's nothing wrong with me making a cartoon about Mohammed being a terrorist or whatever because I'm not a damn Muslim, I don't have to follow their rules. Same thing applies for every fricken non-Muslim out there.

If it offends them, then tough shit. It doesn't stop them for doing whatever it is they do in their little religion. Like DA said, "Big fucking deal." It isn't someone else's responsiblity to make sure you're not offended, no one forces you to get offended over every little thing. They choose to be offended, and I know I'm sure as hell not going to change what I'm doing to make sure some babies don't cry. And no one else should either.

And lol at anyone who says that a satire cartoon contributes towards a negative opinion about Muslims when there's Muslims out there killing thousands in the name of Mohammed and their religion. Somehow, I don't think it's a cartoon in some tiny ass country's newspaper that is spreading this line of thought....>.>
Old 12-24-2006, 01:51 PM   #86
Grimmjow
SCHITT

Grimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of light

im getting sick of all the stuff you people are talking about...wake up...muslims are not terrorists...the media just makes it look like that...i believe that anyone that believes the media... is being brainwashed...the media depicts muslims as terrorists....they are not...welll sure there are a few that kill and threaten people....but every religion has its bad people....for example...hitler was christain...but did the christains get shunned for his actions....no they didnt....also..another thing...some muslims arent really following the true faith and rules of islam....they are just muslims by name...they rep muslims and make them look bad...also...i hear allot of ignorant people saying that iraq was the one to attack the twin towers...that cannot possibly be true....because as you may not know....but iraq is a very poor country ...where the hell are they gonna get the money for such things....plus...muslims are truly all about peice and harmony...the meaning of the word islam is "submission" by submission...i mean submission to god...allah...and no allah is not some weird god...allah is just the arabic word for god...muslims believe in the same god as jews and christains...except every one of thes three religions have theyre own ways of worshiping that same god....and yes muslims do believe in jesus and abraham and all the other prophets..its just that muslims believe that mohammed was the last of those prophets..delivering the final massage from god.."the quran"...now about those danish comics....muslims have all the right to be offended...would any of you christains be happy if someone made fun of jesus...i dont think so...well neither would muslims..cuzz like i said earlier..muslims believe in jesus....and if u realy wanna know if there is segrigation for muslims..then u should watch the recent news about the new muslim congressman....

Grimmjow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:15 PM   #87
DarkAztek
Sand Man

Nobody said that the vast majority of Muslims are terrorists. In fact, it's quite the opposite. Only a very small amount of fanatics make up the terrorists. I suppose I worded my last post poorly...

Many Muslim fanatics threatened violence because of the Danish newspaper's comics... Despite the fact that the cartoons themselves were saying that Islam is a violent religion. Can you see the problem? It'd be like someone saying that all Mexicans are lazy and then a few separtists say that they shall react by taking a nap. It's like they are TRYING to prove a stereotype to be correct. THAT is why it is so stupid.

You have just misunderstood what Miburo and I were saying.

Old 12-24-2006, 03:33 PM   #88
Grimmjow
SCHITT

Grimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Nobody said that the vast majority of Muslims are terrorists. In fact, it's quite the opposite. Only a very small amount of fanatics make up the terrorists. I suppose I worded my last post poorly...

Many Muslim fanatics threatened violence because of the Danish newspaper's comics... Despite the fact that the cartoons themselves were saying that Islam is a violent religion. Can you see the problem? It'd be like someone saying that all Mexicans are lazy and then a few separtists say that they shall react by taking a nap. It's like they are TRYING to prove a stereotype to be correct. THAT is why it is so stupid.

You have just misunderstood what Miburo and I were saying.
i understand what ur saying man...ur saying that they are somewhat proving what the danish comics where depicting about muslims.....but again..like u said...it is only the minority and the unreligious muslims that would do such a thing as too kill or threaten people....infact...in islam it is against the rules to kill someone...and u will go to hell for it...even if it was only ur own life that u where taking...

Old 12-24-2006, 03:44 PM   #89
DarkAztek
Sand Man

Actually, it is only against the rules for Muslims to kill other devout Muslims. However, there are MANY extenuating circumstances when murder is allowed. Heathens, for example. Disobediant wives / daughters. Etc. There are many times in which it is okay to kill a person in Islam.

But that isn't the point.

Old 12-24-2006, 04:03 PM   #90
Grimmjow
SCHITT

Quote:
Actually, it is only against the rules for Muslims to kill other devout Muslims. However, there are MANY extenuating circumstances when murder is allowed. Heathens, for example. Disobediant wives / daughters. Etc. There are many times in which it is okay to kill a person in Islam.

But that isn't the point.
actually no where in the quran is it ever stated that u can kill disobedient daughters...or wives...see..there goes the meda affecting u with its negative messages...

i will tell u this...the following i know for fact is true...
muslims are not allowed to kill a single soul unless if at war..and there are rules in war too

for example...even in war...muslims are only allowed to kill the soulders that are fighing against them right on the battle front....

the prophet mohammed was 100% intolerant of killing the weak and the inocent...in islam u arent even allowed to take them as hostages...im telling yo...dont believe all that retarded crap yu see on the news...this is the media's goal...

there goal is to get muslims hated...for islam to be known as a bad religion...wich will never happen...because there are always people that know islam truly for what it is....and what the religion truly stands for....untill u are one of those people...im afraid u cant argue wit me about what islam is about....